Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,276 members, 7,807,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu (2025 Views)

Kwankwaso Will Inherit Buhari’s 12 Million Votes & More – Abubakar Yesufu / Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? / Next Administration Will Inherit A Stable Democracy, Revamped Security - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by NwaNimo1(m): 2:03pm On Apr 30, 2022
Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Emeritus, Ladigbolu grin

The Archbishop Emeritus of the Methodist Church Nigeria, Most Reverend Ayo Ladigbolu, who is from the Agunloye Ruling House of Oyo Kingdom, has said that the new Alaafin of Oyo Kingdom will inherit the wives of the late Oba Lamidi Adeyemi.

In an interview with PUNCH, Lagbigbolu said he could not answer whether he was interested in becoming the new Alaafin or if any of his children were interested.

He said, “I have said this for the umpteenth time that my culture is me and that is what made me available to the church; my upbringing in the palace during the reign of Oba Siyanbola Onikepe Ladigbolu and Oba Bello Gbadegsin Ladigbolu II, and of course, my closeness to Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, who just passed away.

You will see that most of my life has been lived within the palace or within the precinct of the palace. That is what enriched my ministry and what made me Ayo Ladigbolu. I cannot separate myself from the holistic embrace of my culture. But that doesn’t mean that I will tolerate paganism or anything that is not the way of God, like idol worshiping and so on. But my culture is me.”

Speaking on the late oba’s wives, he said, “The new king will inherit them and that is the tradition, but you know things are changing now. Once a woman is married to the Alaafin they are married forever to the Alaafin You know the circumstances of life are changing and we have to adjust to the changing trends.

“They are married to Alaafin and Alaafin is not a person but an institution. The new Alaafin will be responsible for their welfare because they are married to the institution and not just a person.

“That is why the question of who they belong to after the death of the Kabiyesi who married them did not arise. They belong to the Alaafin. But in the light of the prevailing circumstances we will have to adjust. That is my response.”

http://saharareporters.com/2022/04/30/incoming-alaafin-will-inherit-late-oba-adeyemi%E2%80%99s-wives-%E2%80%93archbishop-emeritus-ladigbolu

3 Likes

Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by successmatters(m): 2:04pm On Apr 30, 2022
Imagine the concombility grin

1 Like

Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by AntiBMC(m): 2:06pm On Apr 30, 2022
This country ought to be on Netflix...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by NwaNimo1(m): 2:07pm On Apr 30, 2022
Property Law sha.......

[img]https:///media/4-02-2022/pvZLhb.gif[/img]

Hope Alaafin left their 'operation manuals'.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by rayvelez(m): 2:09pm On Apr 30, 2022
That would be interesting atleast those queen won’t be wasted..:

1 Like

Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by olopan(m): 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2022
The new Alafin must the eyeing the best queen to have aside grin

1 Like

Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by festacman(m): 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2022
The more things change, the more they remain the same.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by MadamVanessa(f): 2:12pm On Apr 30, 2022
shocked

Those pussy must not rest, it must continue to be pounce by Alaafin
Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by BKayy: 2:18pm On Apr 30, 2022
Imagine the reaction of Lagos Efulefus and Afonjas if this was happening in Igboland.
-The "I am Igbo but"
-The ones that the names their parents gave them have turned to insult to them like Kiki Mordi or whatever the goat calls herself.
-The ones that don't know the road to their parents house.
Etc

Just Imagine

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by sweetonugbu: 2:23pm On Apr 30, 2022
Odiegwu
Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by Transcriber: 2:24pm On Apr 30, 2022
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by Transcriber: 2:24pm On Apr 30, 2022
BKayy:
Imagine the reaction of Lagos Efulefus and Afonjas if this was happening in Igboland.
The "I am Igbo but"
The ones that the names their parents gave them have turned to insult to them like Kiki Mordi or whatever the goat calls herself.
The ones that don't know the road to their parents house.

Just Imagine
lol
Coming from someone who's people force wives to drink husband's corpse water cheesy
A people who disinherit women
A people who practice osu in 2022
A people that a boy is more respected than an adult woman cheesy

So funny
Just mind your business and STFU

5 Likes

Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by inspector44(m): 2:27pm On Apr 30, 2022
Omo the new Alafin nah fire down from his first day in

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by Transcriber: 2:28pm On Apr 30, 2022
AntiBMC:
This country ought to be on Netflix...
things like this happen all over the world shinedu
Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by dialfa: 2:30pm On Apr 30, 2022
This man fought a tiger and lived to tell his tales.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by Nigerialabalaba: 2:32pm On Apr 30, 2022
Archbishop Ladigbolu; one of those strong Yoruba leaders wey no allow Abacha kill us finish. indomie yoots no go sabi dis great man.

1 Like

Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by BKayy: 2:36pm On Apr 30, 2022
Transcriber:
lol
Coming from someone who's people force wives to drink husband's corpse water cheesy
A people who disinherit women
A people who practice osu in 2022
A people that a boy is more respected than an adult woman cheesy

So funny
Just mind your business and STFU
Lol
If humans should make statements and counter, it wouldn't be those that

-Kill their parents for waking them up
-Turned age to an avenue to dehumanise their juniors by making them lie on dirty ground in the name of greeting.
-Practice "Abobaku" where a grown human will be buried alive with the dead
-Practice Head hunting season
-legal skull mining from the cemetary
-Force female regents into celebacy if they must stay on the throne.

All in 2022.
The list can go on and on but we will stop here.
You people are simply savages

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by ChoCho54(f): 2:37pm On Apr 30, 2022
Otio!!

But they put them up for sale not long ago?
Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by onoja12: 2:37pm On Apr 30, 2022
Africa what a land, an Archbishop declaring himself an authority on Traditionalism. liken to a Chief Priest telling us how the church should run.

1 Like

Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by ChoCho54(f): 2:38pm On Apr 30, 2022
inspector44:
Omo the new Alafin nah fire down from his first day in
Olomi Loma re.
Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by dyera(m): 2:38pm On Apr 30, 2022
I thought that the palace chiefs Will share the oba's wives among themselves.
Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by Godfullsam(m): 2:39pm On Apr 30, 2022
BKayy:
-The "I am Igbo but"
-The ones that the names their parents gave them have turned to insult to them like Kiki Mordi or whatever the goat calls herself.
-The ones that don't know the road to their parents house.
Etc

Just Imagine

Instead of you to shut up your stinking mouth and keep quiet like the daft that you are...

What do you about traditions by the way?
Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by Godfullsam(m): 2:42pm On Apr 30, 2022
They should put them up for sale on jumia.

I am sure incoming Alaafin is already married.

These second hand over bleached Queens will be additional burden to the new Alaafin.
Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by MetaPhysical: 2:47pm On Apr 30, 2022
NwaNimo1:
Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Emeritus, Ladigbolu grin

The Archbishop Emeritus of the Methodist Church Nigeria, Most Reverend Ayo Ladigbolu, who is from the Agunloye Ruling House of Oyo Kingdom, has said that the new Alaafin of Oyo Kingdom will inherit the wives of the late Oba Lamidi Adeyemi.

In an interview with PUNCH, Lagbigbolu said he could not answer whether he was interested in becoming the new Alaafin or if any of his children were interested.

He said, “I have said this for the umpteenth time that my culture is me and that is what made me available to the church; my upbringing in the palace during the reign of Oba Siyanbola Onikepe Ladigbolu and Oba Bello Gbadegsin Ladigbolu II, and of course, my closeness to Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, who just passed away.

You will see that most of my life has been lived within the palace or within the precinct of the palace. That is what enriched my ministry and what made me Ayo Ladigbolu. I cannot separate myself from the holistic embrace of my culture. But that doesn’t mean that I will tolerate paganism or anything that is not the way of God, like idol worshiping and so on. But my culture is me.”

Speaking on the late oba’s wives, he said, “The new king will inherit them and that is the tradition, but you know things are changing now. Once a woman is married to the Alaafin they are married forever to the Alaafin You know the circumstances of life are changing and we have to adjust to the changing trends.

“They are married to Alaafin and Alaafin is not a person but an institution. The new Alaafin will be responsible for their welfare because they are married to the institution and not just a person.

“That is why the question of who they belong to after the death of the Kabiyesi who married them did not arise. They belong to the Alaafin. But in the light of the prevailing circumstances we will have to adjust. That is my response.”

http://saharareporters.com/2022/04/30/incoming-alaafin-will-inherit-late-oba-adeyemi%E2%80%99s-wives-%E2%80%93archbishop-emeritus-ladigbolu

That's why Alaafin Adeyemi was proactive and married very young and beautiful girls as honor to his successor. Now, people who at one point demonized him for acquiring young girls at an age when if he looked far ahead he could his grave, can reflect and appreciate wisdom in Baba's action.
Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by Transcriber: 2:47pm On Apr 30, 2022
BKayy:

Lol
If humans should make statements and counter, it wouldn't be those that

-Kill their parents for waking them up
-Turned age to an avenue to dehumanise their juniors by making them lie on dirty ground in the name of greeting.
-Practice "Abobaku" where a grown human will be buried alive with a dead human
-Practice Head hunting season
-legal skull mining from the cemetary
-Force female regents into celebacy if they must stay on the throne.

All in 2022.
The list can go on and on but we will stop here.
You people are simply savages
coming from a holy people
Extensive drug dealing allover Africa

Populating Asian prisons

Baby factories

Mpuru mrimri sniffing

Okija shrine goers

Pounding of babies from baby factories

Import substandard medicine that kills

Killing themselves off with hope of an online country

Following orders from a deranged idiot in far away Europe

A people that kick their elders in the head to greet them in the morning

A people that want Biaffla but stay everywhere else but Biaffla

A people that import fake spare parts leading to deaths

You are a confused people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by BKayy: 2:47pm On Apr 30, 2022
Transcriber:

coming from a holy people
Extensive drug dealing allover Africa

Populating Asian prisons

Baby factories

Mpuru mrimri sniffing

Pounding of baby's from baby factories

Import substandard medicine that kills

Killing themselves off with hope of an online country

Following orders from a deranged idiot in far away Europe

A people that kick their elders to greet them in the morning
LOL.
Imagine
-people that strangle their parents with their bare hands for waking them up.

-People that have accepted themselves as slaves to their fellow human being that they no longer show struggle for freedom. Reason why they complain about Biafra, because to them "it is senseless to demand freedom, instead one has to relax as a slave like them"

-People that rely on their slave masters to sight moon for them.

-People that have accepted that one of their city and people will be forever ruled as slaves by a group of slim people.

-People that have turned preying on women's vulnerability to hustle (aka Yahoo Yahoo)

-People that see drug (meth aka Mkpụrụ mmiri) as legal substance that their celebrities advertise it on social media.

-People that see human beings as moving ritual ingredients liable of harvesting at due time.

Oga, you people are worthless and Shameless.

1 Like

Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by IgOga(m): 2:49pm On Apr 30, 2022
[quote author=AntiBMC post=112400526]This country ought to be on Netflix...[/quote

As in grin
Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by figoperch: 5:45pm On Apr 30, 2022
NwaNimo1:

Make dem give egbon REMI....... aka rebel master the throne joor.
Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by AntiBMC(m): 5:48pm On Apr 30, 2022
Transcriber:
things like this happen all over the world shinedu

In what part of Britain, Canada or Australia does this kind of thing happen eyeyisha?
Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by Transcriber: 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2022
AntiBMC:

In what part of Britain, Canada or Australia does this kind of thing happen eyeyisha?
white worshipper
Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by Lanretoye(m): 8:41pm On Apr 30, 2022
Inherited polygamy.
Re: Incoming Alaafin Will Inherit Late Oba Adeyemi’s Wives –Archbishop Ladigbolu by 1872opp: 2:23am On May 01, 2022
[s]
Transcriber:
shocked
[/s]

(1) (2) (Reply)

In 2023, We Igbos Must Vote Peter Obi, Or Abstain From Voting / Yorubas, Tell Them Their Tactics Won't Work; We Are United! / Incoming VP. By The Grace Of God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.