Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,079 members, 7,807,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Ask Graduates On Nairaland - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ask Graduates On Nairaland (27206 Views)

Massive Recruitment Of Graduates On The Island In Lagos By Phillips Outsourcing / KPMG Discriminates Against Polytechnic Graduates On Recruitment / FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Shortcut2life: 6:09pm On May 01, 2022
Psiyohos:
Hmm.

Where do I begin.

Overpopulation is Nigeria's problem
Okay.
I finished service in 2016, did N power 2 years now work in a big company in Lagos.

What have I learnt and how can it help you.

I wish I served Jos or Nassarawa
I hate it here in Lagos and wish to The heavens that I can see a job that is teaching job in a Village in the North where I can sleep and live a peaceful life.

As a graduate use your service year to read and re-read Walden by Henry David Thoreau.

Go to YouTube and Check Happen Films.

With Peak oil and economic collapse upon us you are better off in a farm.

Save your allawee use it to buy 2 plot of land and start permaculture farming while you subsist with teaching.
Give birth to only one child and send him to public school.
Manage your resources and learn to live a minimalist life

The rest of the world are chasing shadows.

All these skills are lies
Supply is already more than demand.

That my friends is the gospel truth.

You understand the end point of it all but to be honest those things that seems as a hard task are still achievable although it is strenuous but it is better than giving up and settling for less …
The good things of life are out there staying in that peaceful town doesn’t guarantee total happiness from financial freedom or your desires .

1 Like

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by j3r3myk3n(m): 6:17pm On May 01, 2022
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Psiyohos: 6:18pm On May 01, 2022
Shortcut2life:

You understand the end point of it all but to be honest those things that seems as a hard task are still achievable although it is strenuous but it is better than giving up and settling for less …
The good things of life are out there staying in that peaceful town doesn’t guarantee total happiness from financial freedom or your desires .

There is nothing out there. I earn six figures and I'm not happy
My life revolves around going to work, downloading a movie or documentary.
Sleeping.
Nothing else is happening.
I don't know the life that they are idealizing but out here it's slavery.
I miss my NYSC Days and if I could go back in time, I would never have come back to Lagos.
I'm still thinking about leaving it,
But as a young graduate my advise is change your thinking this road to white collar job happiness is closed off.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 01, 2022
Dondar:
chai the same situation am in now
I pray God will help us sad
Amen o

2 Likes

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Rosebell(f): 6:20pm On May 01, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

I asked an IT student in my office what business she’ll go into if I gifted her 200k, she said she’ll invest in herself, get shoes, clothes and hair.

I was shocked at her answer and it’s reflective of the thought pattern of most school goers and recent graduates, they expect a magical job is waiting for them out there.

There are no jobs, start a business (no matter how small) and grow it
I have a skill in baking but no capital to fund it. if i see that kind of money i will be forever grateful.
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by ProfGday(m): 6:22pm On May 01, 2022
Work hard like illiterates,think like graduates...Street no be for weak minded ooo
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Spherical77(m): 6:23pm On May 01, 2022
Equity15:
I don't understand the downgrade on education by Nigerians though. My advise is; what is worth doing is what doing well.

Go to school and try to finish with a first class or atleast an above 4point CGPA, take the GRE when you're serving (Nysc). Apply for straight PHD or masters in the U.S. Nigeria is a lost cause. If Nigeria doesn't appreciate you; America , canada and the rest are ready to accommodate you.
I graduated with 4.3CGPA. No job, feeding alone had become a luxury. I can't even afford writing GRE or IELTS. It's not been easy seriously
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Ybaby: 6:23pm On May 01, 2022
Dontleaveme:

People are fond of just making this statement. Is the skill free or you need money to acquire it?

Youtube but then you will say data to watch thr videos

Lqzy yut
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Ebonygeek(f): 6:28pm On May 01, 2022
Angelfrost:

Search Engine Optimization (SEO)!

Try and do courses, get certifications on this. The knowledge will also make your writing more distinctive.

You see, jobs involving writing for blogs and social media pages prefer writers with SEO skills or training! They believe it will make their projects rank high.

In addition, also take courses on creative writing! You will pick new tricks.
thanks smiley
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:32pm On May 01, 2022
Why do you think IOCs are leaving Nigeria? grin grin grin grin

Na curse?
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by na2016: 6:33pm On May 01, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:

As in everything, anything sef. This is what we call RAW LEARNING live & direct.

Even complete education on the internet! No jokes.

It is just that, it is such a pity that Nigeria youth are not harnessing it properly.

I didn't want to sound as if I was exaggerating. I learnt anything I have known in coding through youtube and then went to other sites

1 Like

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by nkemjacob2(m): 6:35pm On May 01, 2022
If u have money start a business no job security anymore. If u dont have look for a job no matter how small. Start something. save, then start a business. applied for a gtant if possible. Very importantly do u no y all dis economic woes, leading into unemployment is as a result of goverment failures and leadership. Get involve in governace matters and stop being among people that says "it doesnt concern them"
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Shortcut2life: 6:35pm On May 01, 2022
Psiyohos:

There is nothing out there. I earn six figures and I'm not happy
My life revolves around going to work, downloading a movie or documentary.
Sleeping.
Nothing else is happening.
I don't know the life that they are idealizing but out here it's slavery.
I miss my NYSC Days and if I could go back in time, I would never have come back to Lagos.
I'm still thinking about leaving it,
But as a young graduate my advise is change your thinking this road to white collar job happiness is closed off.

Nothing is happening in your own world but trust me there are things to live for and one doesn’t have to feel timid for his or her inability not to possess them .. those things you mentioned you will find life boring at some points and trust me I have done them all and still do them till now they’re hobbies but not something concrete to define as one happiness or success in life ..
It is someone like you that sacrificed his or her time to make those contents for you to watch that’s because they didn’t settle for less and instead they decided to chase their dreams rather than to feel timid about it .
Lagos is a difficult place to be at the same time it doesn’t deter you to be whomever you chose to be .

1 Like

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by kaymart: 6:42pm On May 01, 2022
Lightway:

Overseas is also slavery
How do u mean?
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Lawl(m): 6:48pm On May 01, 2022
Ventura1:
Become a problem solver.

How can you gain on this pls
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by techstack: 6:51pm On May 01, 2022
efficiencie:
If you get the mind go into tech. All the years you spent doing overnight studying nonsense in school would have paid off if you studied for tech roles. Books on tech are available for free online. There are open source/free technologies that you can learn in web development, machine learning, database design and querying, data engineering, data analysis/visualization etc. Plus you can get a remote US, Canada etc jobs that can pay you well. Check out www.turing.com, https://weworkremotely.com/ and https://vanhack.com/ to access remote jobs when you are ready.

Schooling has evolved. Don't go and spend years studying nonsense and expect to land a job quickly. Spend time developing skills that will turn you into a problem solver for both domestic and international employers.

Nobody will pay you to come sit down and look. You need to able to fix problems that earn employers money or help them deliver great products or services ...otherwise you go tey for house!
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Dontleaveme: 6:55pm On May 01, 2022
fabadec:

Nothing is free even in Freetown. Anything free is not free. You use money to make money. I have no regrets in acquiring a skill after graduation. Today, I make hundreds of thousands monthly.

What skill is that? Can you share?
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Equity15(m): 6:57pm On May 01, 2022
Spherical77:
I graduated with 4.3CGPA. No job, feeding alone had become a luxury. I can't even afford writing GRE or IELTS. It's not been easy seriously
please if you stay with your parent..you can take up a teaching job or any job that pays. Save up a lil bit and take the exam. Shouldnt be more than 120k. Also if you're willing to invest your time in searching, there are a number of school that waives GRE and to an extent, application feee. Just that GRE gives you an edge. What course did you study?

1 Like

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by jawalis(m): 6:59pm On May 01, 2022
Mavor:
Forget that thing guy. I got a 3rd class and I am earning in USD, almost 3m monthly for 9ja here. Shine your eyes and understand global tech trends and acquire the relevant hot cake skillsets. Even the oyibo man who invented GPA do not really care about all these 2.1, 2.2, etc. It's about your skillsets.
Pls help sir. I’ll be graduating this year from the university. I want to acquire tech skills and be useful to myself after school. I beg of you sir. Pls
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by AlphaStyles(m): 7:09pm On May 01, 2022
After nysc eyes go clear lmao
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by ibrocool(m): 7:11pm On May 01, 2022
professore:
I like your contribution.
you are welcome
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Spherical77(m): 7:13pm On May 01, 2022
Equity15:
please if you stay with your parent..you can take up a teaching job or any job that pays. Save up a lil bit and take the exam. Shouldnt be more than 120k. Also if you're willing to invest your time in searching, there are a number of school that waives GRE and to an extent, application feee. Just that GRE gives you an edge. What course did you study?
I studied Geography and Regional Planning. My course of study was somewhat a limiting factor. I'm really perturbed with my predicament.
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Ucbethuel(m): 7:21pm On May 01, 2022
God1000:
Nigeria is messed up, work on yourself, acquire new skills and don't focus too much on white collar jobs

Be creative as well, just like this young boy
sad sad sad
Abeg just dash me PC and my problem is solved.
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Ameduedwin: 7:29pm On May 01, 2022
kdfinest:

that motivational talk don tire me. one needs funds too, maybe they forget about that, because honestly if I can get funds and very good PC, the sky will be my starting point.
No mind those multivational speaker, as I am talking to you now, I am a confirm computer engineering, I have work from doors to doors service, u know that kind of work does come steady, no finance to get shop and approach a computer villages is another Money on is own.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Zirco(m): 7:30pm On May 01, 2022
Gone are the days when much emphasis and respect was placed on your university certificate. The world right now only Cares about your input, how innovative, creative and problem solving you can be and yes !! Even if it is a primary school drop out who has those criteria they won't have a second thought giving the opportunity to them .so ask yourself; aside my degree, beyond my certificate what else can I bring to the table .if you can't answer,sorry because the labour market is so tight and your skill as well as expertise is what will differentiate you from others .

Selah���
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Aboguede(m): 7:30pm On May 01, 2022
Lightway:

Overseas is also slavery

Buhari called them lazy youths grin

But I call them lazy brains sad

Abroad Abroad Abroad, we have also been there and the grass is not even near to green shocked

1 Like

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Sixfiguresmart(m): 7:39pm On May 01, 2022
STEWpid:
Chai

We have only very few graduates in Nigeria.

Once your mouth is smooth to speak English, people see you as educated and a graduate..but such people are ignorant of the fact that English is just a language.

Ask the so-called graduates around you to perform what they study in school and you'll be amazed at their uselessness. So which graduates are we talking about? .

We barely have good schools in Nigeria. And the very few good ones we have are extraordinarily expensive.
I consent that you make so.e solid arguments. However, English isn't just a language, it is a career. It is a course studied for 4 good years
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 7:41pm On May 01, 2022
The truth is we are tired, I have tried all best posible to get a job no way. God help me oooo
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Anndrew(m): 7:51pm On May 01, 2022
Tenshades:
Youtube is better than Nigerian Universities.
chaii..This one na see finish

1 Like

Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by toyini1234(m): 8:14pm On May 01, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

I asked an IT student in my office what business she’ll go into if I gifted her 200k, she said she’ll invest in herself, get shoes, clothes and hair.

I was shocked at her answer and it’s reflective of the thought pattern of most school goers and recent graduates, they expect a magical job is waiting for them out there.

There are no jobs, start a business (no matter how small) and grow it

I'll start a business with 200k
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Kwara1stson: 8:37pm On May 01, 2022
dfrost:

When you say 'funds' like how much do you think you really need? undecided
probably 20k to buy data and some paid courses on udemy
Re: Ask Graduates On Nairaland by Tenshades(m): 8:37pm On May 01, 2022
Anndrew:
chaii..This one na see finish

Reason am nau grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Updates On The 2017 Npower Programme. / Ecobank Recruitment Very Urgent / Icpc Is Recruiting Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.