Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? (676 Views)

Did You Know That We Enjoy Subsidy On Electricity? / Hon. Ben Nwankwo Recognized As Honorary Citizen Of Awka Ancient Kingdom / What Are You Doing As A Citizen To Help Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by pman06(m): 12:43pm On May 01, 2022
Hello fellow Nairalanders, there's been an issue that's been bothering my mind of late and i think it's best to have an open discuss on the matter.

In my area here, we've not had electricity supply for more than 2months now. You'll wonder what happened right, please read on.

The transformer got spoiled, and was impossible to supply us with electricity. This is the same transformer that the community contributed and paid for with their money o, and as soon as they installed it, electricity bill started coming in from NEPA.

Now it's been bad for 2 months now. Since then NEPA or phcn or ibpc hasn't brought any bill though, and they've not come to fix it. So the community took it upon themselves to fix the transformer, to the tune of 900k, each house contributing 5k each.

Well, you'll think that's all, but no. They fixed the transformer and brought it back, to pass electricity on it now, they say it needs oil. Money for oil is estimated to cost extra 600k. In fact it was later suggested that buying the oil doesn't guarantee longevity, so the best option now is to buy a new transformer instead.

Now my question is, what exactly are we, as citizen, enjoying from our government in this country? Because this same transformers are in various ex governor's and senators compounds, many having tens of them in their compounds, and we the citizens still have to contribute to have our own transformers. What's worse is that immediately it's installed, we get billed by the electricity companies... without any support or gain from these companies. You'll even have to beg them to please come and help you fix a pole or any issue you have in the community.

I believe the basic amenities a functioning government ought to provide is safe drinking water, good road and electricity amongst others. I for one don't enjoy any from this current government. Maybe you are, mind sharing your thoughts, or are my expectations too much?
Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by Malory: 12:43pm On May 01, 2022
Nothing. Nigeria is not a working country

2 Likes

Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by Mokason288(m): 12:43pm On May 01, 2022
Nice write up OP

From all you said I know you Reside in south west

Come to South east/ some part of south south

If you see intimidation from NA but mostly NPF

You will regret been a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by Ussycool: 12:44pm On May 01, 2022
Oxygen
Free speech
Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by Kriss216: 12:44pm On May 01, 2022
Nothing... absolutely nothing!

2 Likes

Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by pman06(m): 12:48pm On May 01, 2022
Ussycool:
Oxygen
Free speech

They even tried to take that away from us with Twitter ban and other hate speech policies they intend to enforce.

2 Likes

Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by Karlovych: 12:49pm On May 01, 2022
embarassed I enjoy our darling daddy's 30K zombie stipend
Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by Naijanascam: 1:24pm On May 01, 2022
Nothing to benefit freely from naijiria unless you are among the so called leaders......
Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by Wazobia2216: 1:27pm On May 01, 2022
Multiple taxation + recession + high cost of living with little of no jobs + increment in cost with no value for money + excuses for failures + hunger + dilapidated structures + support corruption + kidnappings + killings by the Nigerian army with claims that it happens all over the world grin grin grin + promotion to the highest killers of citizens with no traceable body!

Bullhari is working grin cheesy
Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by Think9ja(m): 1:31pm On May 01, 2022
We enjoy lawlessness.

Reason why many of us can't survive in a sane country.

Bypassing electric meter, beating traffic light, etc.

Everyone trying to play a fast one on the other person in a bid to show who is smarter.

We are so lawless. Everyone is guilty of this. From those who make the law to those who are supposed to obey the laws.

Just one thing-Lawlessness.
Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by Wazobia2216: 1:37pm On May 01, 2022
Ussycool:
Oxygen
Free speech
If na Buhari dey in charge of oxygen, you for don die tey tey

Or you go to the north to have little grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by Googledotcom: 1:50pm On May 01, 2022
5 naira has become so useless, can't buy anything with it under APC poverty stricken party.

1 Like

Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by Victerica(m): 2:00pm On May 01, 2022
The sufferings never start!

This is just the beginning!
Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by kennygreen(m): 2:12pm On May 01, 2022
OP, Are u not enjoying the APC-induced hardship?
Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by omowolewa: 2:27pm On May 01, 2022
Fuel subsidies
Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by aribisala0(m): 2:28pm On May 01, 2022
What exactly do you contribute as a citizen
Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by VladimirPutiin(m): 2:38pm On May 01, 2022
aribisala0:
What exactly do you contribute as a citizen

I should contribute when the government isn’t providing for the average Nigerian ??

Do you know what it means to be an average Nigerian ?
Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by VladimirPutiin(m): 2:42pm On May 01, 2022
Think9ja:
We enjoy lawlessness.

Everyone trying to play a fast one on the other person in a bid to show who is smarter.

We are so lawless. Everyone is guilty of this. From those who make the law to those who are supposed to obey the laws.

The society here breeds lawlessness. You can’t give what you don’t have.
Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by OkwuEziokwu(m): 2:46pm On May 01, 2022
Do you choose to continue this suffering? Do you subject your future generations to this? Or will you help bring some greatness to this region by joining 8n the utter destruction of this good for nothing union called Naijerya?
Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 01, 2022
Absolutely nothing oooo. Nigerians are suffering and smiling
Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by pman06(m): 3:00pm On May 01, 2022
VladimirPutiin:

I should contribute when the government isn’t providing for the average Nigerian ??

Do you know what it means to be an average Nigerian ?

God bless you boss

He probably missed where i said the community bought the transformer. If that's not a contribution i wonder what is. In sane countries, government provide those to it's citizens.
Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by Tulsaguy: 3:02pm On May 01, 2022
Ok
Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by VladimirPutiin(m): 3:03pm On May 01, 2022
pman06:

God bless you boss

He probably missed where i said the community bought the transformer. If that's not a contribution i wonder what is. In sane countries, government provide those to it's citizens.

Then why do have a government in the first place ??

To loot I guess. Nigeria is just an expired British experiment.
Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by Cholls(m): 3:05pm On May 01, 2022
My brother we are enjoying what over countries don't, which is Hardship.
Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by Cti28(m): 3:13pm On May 01, 2022
Think9ja:
We enjoy lawlessness.

I don't enjoy lawlessness
Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by jude79(m): 5:13pm On May 01, 2022
We will enjoy when we nationalize agberoe and omonile, have patience, the peepoo leader is coming.
Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by suffering: 6:36pm On May 01, 2022
The ability to adapt to wherever we find ourselves.
Re: What Do We Enjoy As A Citizen Of This Country? by Praxis758: 4:13am On May 02, 2022
We enjoy these:

1. Failed governance

2. Parasitic politicians

3. Gassy campaign promises

4. Charlatans as leaders

5. Institutional decadence

6. Infrastructural moribund

7. Yeyebrities on social media

(1) (Reply)

Possible Permutations Of Leading Presidential Candidates For The 2023 Election / Moment Tinubu Almost Fell Down While Delivering His Speech At APC Primaries / Presidential Candidate Peter Obi's Interview With Berekete Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.