Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) (69988 Views)

See this Hilarious "Road Bump" Spotted In Nigeria (pics) / The Most Beautiful Park In Lagos, Nigeria (pics, Video) / I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by freeman67: 8:10pm On May 02, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
I guess this OP is trying to advertise this area because Katampe no even reach top 10 places where rich people live in Abuja

That is Katampe Extension not Katampe and it is amongst the Top 10 place except you don't know Abuja well. Wuye, Guzape, Katampe Extension and Utako are phase 2 to the likes of Maitama, Asokoro, Wuse 2, Wuse And Garki. Now in that list apart from Maitama, Wuse 2 and Asokoro non of those other places sef can compare with that Katampe Extension sef.

Apart from the Edeifices there. It is a well planned area. Water, sewage system and electricity all well planned and integrated in the plots. Look in the pictures/ video you won't see any pole standing. It's underground.
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by Temptee101(m): 8:13pm On May 02, 2022
Zidane199:
no time

You have no arguement.

Swerve!
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by kayperry: 8:14pm On May 02, 2022
Zidane199:
y will a super rich man give work to someone riding okada. There are many estate okada no dey enter in lagos. Come to festac and I will show u, talkless of lekki etc

Are we talking about things that we see everyday or the infatuation that exist in your head, the so called super rich have staffs that earn low income, not all estate forbids biking in some places, it is limited to curfew, my guess is the estate "in abuja" Op posted allow bikes in and that can not reduce its ranking
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by freeman67: 8:17pm On May 02, 2022
Zidane199:
that means the rich are there but the super rich have not moved in. That word 'super' is what he should not have put there. U expect a billionaire to move in to a new site? How will dangote give work to someone riding okada.

You will not understand. There are order area where you can get a plot of below 100m not very far like Jahi but in that Katampe Ext. I doubt if you will see a plot of that amount. There is a plot housing about 5 or 6 duplexes in the that video he posted. A developer I know told me that just 1 of it is sold for about 350M. That one na very simple house there. Not the ones that looks like castles and mansions.
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by Darkcloud11(m): 8:38pm On May 02, 2022
KingAzubuike:
VGC, Chevron drive , ikoyi in Lagos are more affluent than this.

Swrs those three places I haven’t seen where can beat them in Nigeria mind you I’ve traveled,vgc is loosing touch now but u see ikoyi and chevron drive bomb mehn
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by orion7: 9:05pm On May 02, 2022
koning:

Have you ever paid any form of local govt tax in Benin where you live now?!!.

Childish comparisms as usual just to let us know you used to live Cleepcrap in UK. Some insecure dumbfvcks are even giving you likes too.
stop your silly bants. It’s not about building big houses in midst of slums and rubbis everywhere.

About tax. The tax we pay to the state and fg is it being utilised for our benefits ? Even nepa bills weigh prepaid metres. Where is the light ? Telling me to pay council tax y will I pay when it will be stolen. The way pension funds where stolen broad day light. Buhari has browsed billions from pension funds. You and I know that money is gone. So what re you talking about ?

Except you have seen cleethorpes. Roads bridges. Town enters. Drainage. Etc. don’t come here and talk rubbish.
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by bigiyaro(m): 9:06pm On May 02, 2022
Zidane199:
U said it's where super rich people lives and okada dey enter there. U must be a clown ���
so how house boy and gardner go take enter work?
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by SocialJustice: 9:15pm On May 02, 2022
Baawaa:
The gaps between the rich and the is too wide and the rich don't want the gaps to be close
Na the poor dey do themselves.
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by ubee(m): 9:33pm On May 02, 2022
Your explanation still does not justify in any way why a residential area for the "super rich" as the OP put it, should have Okada riding in the neighborhood.

I stay at an Estate in Godab area of Apo. This is not a luxury estate o! Just the estate for middle class and below. Okada can not be seen inside at any time.

All the employees that have bikes park outside the main gate when they arrive.
No KEKE is allowed too.
In that estate people that don't have cars are as fit as the Ethiopians becos of trekking.
Cousin9999:

Rich people have house managers and other employees that may not live on the property.
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by Zidane199(m): 9:38pm On May 02, 2022
bigiyaro:
so how house boy and gardner go take enter work?
they will drop at d estate gate and trek. It's either u trek or u resign. Dem no send u come
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by OtemAtum: 9:41pm On May 02, 2022
Zidane199:
y will a super rich guy give work to a bike man. Come to lag and I will show many places okada no dey enter.
Many places but not all places.
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by Zidane199(m): 9:43pm On May 02, 2022
shantti:

A female hawker might be Hawking her wares, then out of the blues, the man will mistakingly hit her with his okada, then she will fall down, then he will help her up, then he will look into her eyes, then she will look into his eyes, then they will fall in love and get married
no kill me with laugh abeg. Dat guy don too watch 9ja movie
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by Theresamay: 9:57pm On May 02, 2022
Bbbw:
Where the thieves lives
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by Lisaint(m): 10:15pm On May 02, 2022
ecomalchemist:
Rich ass niggas live coded life in Katampe, Guzape, Games Village, etc etc.

There is bastard money in this country, if you know you know.

To celebrate the holidays, I'd be giving out the Gadget importation Guide from USA for free.

This report is for those looking for a side hustle or financial freedom // someone who wants to start laptops and mobile phones importation business but do not know how to go about it.

Do well to reach me via the number on my sig !

Boss how can i reach you to get importation guide sir
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by AntonVince: 10:29pm On May 02, 2022
[s]
subsidywise18:

Because the people in the UK pay council tax and income tax, meaning the local council can afford to keep the cities clean.

Nigeria....we don't pay those type of taxes. Our budget for a year is what the UK spends policing its people in one year.

So, if you want UK level in Nigeria, pay UK level taxes. But Nigerians will start with 'we are poor'

Annual council tax in band A areas cleethorpes is about 1387 pounds...that's over 700000 naira per annum. If government for this country started charging that...especially in that Benin you live, would you guys be happy?
[/s]

What's wrong with some of you gaan sef? What sort of s*lly comment is this?

Pay UK-level taxes from what income?...a paltry 30K ($72) monthly Minimum Wage that some 1diots like Yahaya Bello aren't even paying? ...while the thieves at the National Assembly corner for themselves millions of tax-payers' hard-earned money every month for doing nothing?

How about you tell your irresponsible thieving leaders to first pay a UK-level Minimum Wage?

How about the billions of naira governors loot monthly in the name of Security Vote? ...and the gross wastefulness of a wicked, insensitive president that keeps about 10 aircrafts for himself alone in a 3rd-world country expending over 68% of her earnings on debt servicing?

Why must the already impoverished and oppressed masses who already bear the burden of providing for themselves security, power supply and other basic services that should ordinarily be the government's responsibility be further encumbered with more taxes?

1 Like

Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by Jsucre(m): 10:30pm On May 02, 2022
Whenever I pass this area, poverty just dey irritates me. E get one building like that wey dey bend people's neck. Your eye no go gree comot there.
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by ify0000(m): 10:32pm On May 02, 2022
Ma hood
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by Newboss(m): 10:58pm On May 02, 2022
KingAzubuike:
VGC, Chevron drive , ikoyi in Lagos are more affluent than this.

For your dream
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by Newboss(m): 11:00pm On May 02, 2022
subsidywise18:

Because the people in the UK pay council tax and income tax, meaning the local council can afford to keep the cities clean.

Nigeria....we don't pay those type of taxes. Our budget for a year is what the UK spends policing its people in one year.

So, if you want UK level in Nigeria, pay UK level taxes. But Nigerians will start with 'we are poor'

Annual council tax in band A areas cleethorpes is about 1387 pounds...that's over 700000 naira per annum. If government for this country started charging that...especially in that Benin you live, would you guys be happy?

We pay all those taxes and more.
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by Mhykel217(m): 11:36pm On May 02, 2022
Hallabee1:

Aje...

Lekki dey play or watin you talk....e be like say you never enter lekki before

My gee u need travel. Na so i been de argue tilla comot lagos.
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by Hibiscus62: 11:58pm On May 02, 2022
It's still not as beautiful as Ireland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgSGpeFzQ4w
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by planetx: 12:08am On May 03, 2022
Waiting for some slowpoke to say they will rather be in American prison than here. Bunch of fvcking low self-esteem lunatics.
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by planetx: 12:23am On May 03, 2022
orion7:
It still looks like shit. I use to live in cleepthorpes. Very low budget area in uk. Not even a city. It’s cleaner and finer than maitama.

I live in Benin now. Na desame eye I take dey look the whole Nigeria. Stop celebrating mediocrity
I knew there will be a comment like this and wasn't disappointed. Comparing council flats to multi million dollars Mansion what a clown. Even the average Brits will tell you London is a dump.
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by planetx: 12:29am On May 03, 2022
Sheriman:
The place no even neat and fine see pot holes and dirts everywhere, I believe all those gutters must have been blocked with smell water logged. Even ghetto in Europe fine pass this over hyped place.
Nonsense!!
How many ghettos in Europe have you visited? I bet you didn't know this is in your lovely Europe.

Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by planetx: 12:38am On May 03, 2022
Nat404:
Stop the mediocrity. This place can't be compared with an average street in the US. Nigeria is still the poverty capital of the world.
This is Philadelphia your average American street. Inferiority complex will not kill you people. I can post worse pictures from Gary Indiana and Baltimore if you want

Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by planetx: 12:45am On May 03, 2022
Hibiscus62:
It's still not as beautiful as Ireland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgSGpeFzQ4w
Another inferiority complex struck clown
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by Nobody: 1:22am On May 03, 2022
Upon all the sense wey I get, I never fit gather ordinary $10m. But see random/unknown people living in $1m+ houses up and down from Katampe Ext to Guzape, Wuye and everywhere else .

Man no fit settle Lai Lai. We die there.
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by tradepunter: 1:44am On May 03, 2022
ExtremeDot:
I pray to own a house there soon.
Amin.

Living amongst the rich configures the mindset for even greater heights.

My brother not always true... If you got your finances and own a house then yeah...

Sometimes living in big man area via renting sucks.... Reason because most rich areas hardly gets power and they don't care for NEPA since they have money to run their gen.
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by Keji1012(m): 4:06am On May 03, 2022
Numberz:
The 8th picture... privileged to be a member of the team!!!

This is EDMUNDIAN COURT and not far from my house in GWARINPA..

There is no 3m house rent for three bedroom in Katampe extension sir, it’s from 3.8m and above sir .

If u wanna talk about where the super rich stays, please visit ASOKORO main and GUZAPE .
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by HandsomeGuyman(m): 4:34am On May 03, 2022
I went there the other day and my eyes see beauty.
Went to a hotel to buy bread and i saw all those our celebrities.
I just l smiley winkook them pass asif i no sabi them..
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by Nobody: 4:51am On May 03, 2022
AntonVince:
[s][/s]

What's wrong with some of you gaan sef? What sort of s*lly comment is this?

Pay UK-level taxes from what income?...a paltry 30K ($72) monthly Minimum Wage that some 1diots like Yahaya Bello aren't even paying? ...while the thieves at the National Assembly corner for themselves millions of tax-payers' hard-earned money every month for doing nothing?

How about you tell your irresponsible thieving leaders to first pay a UK-level Minimum Wage?

How about the billions of naira governors loot monthly in the name of Security Vote? ...and the gross wastefulness of a president that keeps about 10 aircrafts for himself alone in a 3rd-world country expending over 68% of her earnings on debt servicing?

Why must the already impoverished and oppressed masses who already bear the burden of providing for themselves security, power supply and other basic services that should ordinarily be the government's responsibility be further encumbered with more taxes?

Uk budget one trillion pounds
Nigerian budget 28 billions pounds

Good morning
Re: Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) by Oluwomonext212(m): 5:56am On May 03, 2022
Real Estate is over hyped and as well overpriced in Nigeria. 500Million home, 1B naira home with no security, No stable electricity, you provide water for yourself and in most cases, no good road. A country with 30K minimum wage and 2m naira plot of land at even the rural areas. How does a common man survive this ? 2bed is rented out at the minimum of 400k 350k if you find yourself in the capital city of Ondo , Osun, Ogun ,Oyo not even Lagos. The govt has failed totally in controlling this very crucial sector of the economy,and the common man pays for it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany / Can You Allow This Okada Rider Take You To Your Destination? Photo / Two Men cling To A Moving Car In Order To Settle An Issue in Lagos (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.