Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,119 members, 7,807,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Battle Girl's Origin - The Prenormals Anthology - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Battle Girl's Origin - The Prenormals Anthology (401 Views)

Battle Girl's Origin - The Prenormals Anthology / Battle Girl's Origin - The Prenormals Anthology / History Of Igboland And Origin Of Onicha Ado By Ikechukwu Ayo Aduba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Battle Girl's Origin - The Prenormals Anthology by WriterX(m): 7:52pm On May 01, 2022
Before She became Battle Girl, Gaile Vendosah was a princess of the planet pryde , a human like second tier civilization who must confront the secrets of the royal house with deadly consequences in the person of her eldest sister amidst an uprising long aged secret battle of power and destruction

THE PRENORMALS ANTHOLOGY - explains the personal stories of individuals who would go on to become members of the wingmen in a universe filled with superhumans known as prenormals, denormals or postnormals

Chapter One

She gasped out of sheer fright clutching hard her pillow as she opened her eyes to reality; freedom from her night made but was it really a night mare she always wondered.
Gaile had already had that dream like a hundred times right from the day she turned 180 earth years old (20 pryde years).
The atmosphere had not for once changed, the pinkish beautiful skies of Pryde illuminated by one of two pryde moons (The dominant one called Vas), the field of lush white and red plicet flowers that covered the fields of Sodoh and she just standing their in the middle of it all before she realizes the menacing stare of two blue eyes up in the skies at her.

Then the dreams turns bizarre, the flowers start dying and then the she begins to run while filling suffocated by something and then she wakes up.

The dream did mean nothing she could comprehend at the time so she did what she always did when she had it, go to the halls of memories where relics , symbols and statues of the royal family were left for touring or left to rot since no one apart from her ever visited these sort of places.

For her it was comfort, in there was the wife of King Vender Vendasah III, Ruler of the Pryde Empire and overall lord over seven colony planets within pryde's galaxy.

Queen Amnith, she had died shortly after her birth but she remembered every moment of her presence with her (prydals have a so called super memory that let's them keep their memories as old as the day they were born)

"Heproblemits me Gaile again, I had the same dream..."

She paused for a brief minute, her father's statue was near completion as noted when she stopped talking, she had remembered Ulrem the palace keeper say something about final touches been made, carefully placed in the section of the rulers , she had decided to go take a quick look even though that was something forbidden to do.

She walked up to the section and found the statue still needing a few touches yet impressed about the details put in.

"Even his battle scars are all in there, check it you will see"

Gaile recognized her sister's voice and quickly turned to see her staring at her with a dull smile.

"Sister, I didn't know you were looking for me, I am sorry..."

"I wasn't, Ulrem tells me you always come here to talk to mom when day have a problem or you have your dreams, I came here to see mom and by the way you shouldn't be spying in on dad's statue it's forbidden you know,"

Vendrah walked in to join Gaile who had now taken a few steps forward and away from her father's statue.

"I am sorry, I just wanted..."

"It's okay,"

"Ulrem tells me the Royal Palace is set and ready for tomorrow, mom and dad would be proud of you, my queen"

Gaile said cheerfully yet unable to decipher vendrah's demeanor.

"I guess so but not all the viceries agree on that, The Rebellion grows strongesuccession and just last week..."

Vendosah halted, her troubles were beginning to make her feel uncomfortable, there was no need explaining matters of such nature to Gaile who found such things boring and uninteresting and would rather talk about sciences and everything that made her a child.

"...it's nothing that I can't handle, You should try get some sleep, tomorrow is going to be a long day!" Vendosah concluded.

"Is it true, No members of the royal family apart from uncle would be allowed within the sacred halls of succession?"

Gaile asked abruptly.

"Yes, We can't risk anything going wrong tomorrow, during the succession procession there are usually no weapons or use of fibres , its forbidden inside the walls, with the constant threats of the rebellion, its important we take caution, I and the viceries can not be found vulnerable to any sort of impeding attacks so we decided it was best this way but don't worry, it won't last more than an hour,"

Vendosah assured her sister who seemed sad about this, it was obvious why she was sad, the succession procession was the only time the sacred halls were ever opened to be used, such a pity she wouldn't be able to see the interiors and it's wonders as described by the books of old.

Gaile had said something quietly and then nodded in agreement but she had no more time to spend, from that hour on to the next morning, it was business and preparations to be made.

"I have to go now, take care of yourself , I will see you tomorrow!"

Wit that her sister had taken her leave and once again it was quiet inside the halls of memories, she had then decided it was best she took her leave as well.

Tomorrow was going to be a big day for all of them indeed.

Re: Battle Girl's Origin - The Prenormals Anthology by WriterX(m): 1:43am On May 02, 2022
"What are you doing here for god sake child!" Master Salm's voice came from behind as gaile had already started reading one of the many books on her late father's desk.

"I was bored Salm, so I decided to check out father's study, he always said that mother stocked the study with the most rarest collection of books in the galaxy and that's so true!" Gaile added even though Salm had began replacing the books back into their various shelves; something she couldn't argue with for the study was neither hers to do with as she pleased not the right place to be for the day of her sister's succession.

"Ulrem isn't going to be happy if I told him where you are , the study is off limits to you only your sister should have access to this place, it contains a lot more than books , in side this study holds generations of history of the royal family, secrets no one else should know about, now come along, you did promise to behave yourself today, didn't you?"

Salm asked once he was certain he had returned all the books back to their respective shelves.

"Okay, I will go but I just wish I could see it,I have been waiting for this moment for a very long time!" Gaile responded keenly as she stood to leave.

"Oh the halls of ascension you mean, You shouldn't be so upbeat about it, its been over 500 years since anyone went there, it serves no purpose anymore you know that,"

"Yes I know but according to the books, it used to be the most vital aspect of the succession, its within those halls deep inside the sacred halls that the Soul Fibre choose prydal's next ruler, such a sight to be hold!" Gaile's reaction brought memories for Salm who could only smile at the thoughts of what Pryde was all about back then and not this bureaucratic nonsense that now stood in its place.
Re: Battle Girl's Origin - The Prenormals Anthology by WriterX(m): 10:42am On May 02, 2022
That bureaucratic nonsense that saw the viceries claim more power than they needed to, that nonsense that had greatly increased corruption, bribery and political instability in so many regions including the colonial planets and pryde itself, dividing and creation of factions across the multifaceted regions all over the galaxy.

It was a mistake of course but who was to be blamed, the Soul Fibre Had lost its power after the aversion of pryde's destruction by its third moon jerah some 500 years ago.

Pryde had been saved but it had fallen into a turmoil that had threatened its people, their power and their very own existence, Gaile's grandfather had come up with the idea of a government that seek to give the colonists some sort of say in Pryde government, yes it had worked but it had also been the foundation for the problems the empire was now experiencing for instance The Agnimethians or Agnimeths of the Planet Thesian who crave independence have only gotten stronger and stronger poisoning the minds of many, enacting acts of violence against the empire, The Seekreths an anti-royal rule terrorist who seek only to destroy the royal empire and all that it stands for, not to talk about the many more terrorist groups, bandits, illegal fibre smugglers across the colony planets and within pryde itself.

Surely none of this would have ever been a thing if the soul fibre had chosen a leader like it did 500 years ago.

"It was a sight indeed, now come on young child, ulrem should never find you here!"

Salm said once again before Gaile finally took her leave reluctantly.

Back in the long hall, she had heard the bells ring.

"It must be time for the succession procession!" She said restlessly wishing she could.have been there to see it all.

"Don't tell anyone I am helping you out on this, here take it!"

Salm said pushing a map into her hands.

"It's supposed to show you around the secret passes across the royal palace that stretch into the kingdom far and wide, in time s of war ,these passages help the king secure a quick exit out of danger, I hear you have found quite a few over the time even though renovations over the years have sealed many, you might find one that leads to the sacred halls , just dont tell any one I helped you, ulrem will be disappointed in me if he finds out"
Salm said having decided to help in the best way he could, the child had the right to be there, she spent most of her days reading and studying books about everything that made pryde what it was , such love and passion towards stuff many people in her prime would find boring and uninteresting yet she was a devote scholar, surely she was smart enough to make sure she wasn't caught up in there.

"Yesssss! Thank you so much master salm!" Gaile was thrilled with the news as she grabbed the map.

"Don't worry about Ulrem, I will figure out something to tell him if he asks of your presence, please be careful out there, won't you?"

"Yes I will, thank you master salm, that's why you are the coolest and best master in the whole of the palace!"

Gaile beamed with smiles as she disappeared into another passage.
Re: Battle Girl's Origin - The Prenormals Anthology by WriterX(m): 7:28pm On May 08, 2022
Hey guys , battle girl will continue , I am working on a non graphical anime series as well as a SciFi fantasy story so I have got a lot on my hands currently

https://www.nairaland.com/6767637/he-talks-swords-anime-series

Currently working on this

(1) (Reply)

Ibadan Book Club Set To Host The Third Edition Of The Read Nigeria Project / In My Village / Submission for War Of Words (Poetry Slam Competition) Season 9 Is Now On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.