Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Learn Your Language o! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Learn Your Language o! (506 Views)

Give God Titles In Your Language / Call God Name In Your Language / To All Who Truly Believe That God Is The Greatest, Come And Rep Your Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn Your Language o! by donnie(m): 10:19am On May 02, 2022
Do you know that some people associate not being able to speak their native language with classiness or civilization? You'd even notice the shakara in their attitude when they say "I can't speak my language."

If you study the etymology of many English words we speak (e.g. care), you will be shocked, as many are actually spells and enchantments. Could this be part of the reason for our many problems?

Truth is, we are a conquered people and everything we have believed and followed, since we were conquered is determined by our conquerors. Language, religion, culture, dressing, education, politics... everything!

I know many of us had the peculiar challenge of growing up outside our hometowns, but the attitude should be one of desperately trying to learn what we didn't have the opportunity to learn while growing up rather than of pride.

1 Share

Re: Learn Your Language o! by Maynman: 10:21am On May 02, 2022
You are absolutely right.
I wish people will also learn the origin of words in their religious books starting from origin of the word “God” which they equate to the main characters in their book.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Learn Your Language o! by donnie(m): 10:51am On May 02, 2022
Maynman:
You are absolutely right.
I wish people will also learn the origin of words in their religious books starting from origin of the word “God” which they equate to the main characters in their book.

CORRECT. The actual name translated as God in the original Hebrew is ELOHIM or EL (shortened). EL is found in our bantu/Niger-Congo languages which is actually the original source of the Hebrew language used to write the scriptures. The name EL means Might, power, warrior, Almighty etc in many Niger-Congo languages.

ELOHIM- Modern Hebrew meaning mighty One.
ELIMO- Kikongo meaning Might, power.
ELEMI- Cross River meaning warrior.
ELEDUMARE- Yoruba meaning Almighty.

Also, EL in scriptures is used for any of the deities (powers) the same way God (which is actually not the name of the Creator but one of the fallen ones) is used.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learn Your Language o! by Maynman: 11:00am On May 02, 2022
donnie:

CORRECT. The actual name translated as God in the original Hebrew is ELOHIM or EL (shortened). EL is found in our bantu/Nigeria-Congo languages which is actually the original source of the Hebrew language used to write the scriptures. The name EL means Might, power, warrior, Almighty etc in many Niger-Congo languages.

ELOHIM- Modern Hebrew meaning mighty One.
ELIMO- Kikongo meaning Might, power.
ELEMI- Cross River meaning warrior.
ELEDUMARE- Yoruba meaning Almighty.

Also, EL in scriptures is used for any of the deities (powers) the same way God (which is actually not the name of the Creator but one of the fallen ones) is used.

Gbayi. I feel you.

(1) (Reply)

What Most Young And Aspiring Cultists Don't Know About Cultism / Dunsin Oyekan Marks 3 Years Remembrance Of His Late Wife(video) / Rccg Opens New 14-floor Storey Building (the Trinity Towers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.