Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa - Programming (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa (126395 Views)

ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! / My Software Engineering Journey - Alx (journal) / Alx africa vs Udemy ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Joshpee: 12:45am On Feb 16, 2023
frimogen:
@Joshpee close the spaces in that link ..it will connect
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by adaperry25: 10:56pm On Feb 25, 2023
Can I join this program as part time like im working while doing it?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Sapeleboy911(m): 12:39am On Feb 26, 2023
adaperry25:
Can I join this program as part time like I'm working while doing it?

Yes, you can ALX doesn't track your time. But be warned the program is very challenging, fast-paced, and mentally draining. I mean very very draining. Imposter syndrome is another very big issue. Most times you feel like you are not learning.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by saintelvn: 11:42am On Feb 27, 2023
I sell virtual number for the following countries

UK, USA and Canada

Feel free to email me and get yours

Note: No scamming, this is my business ...
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by saintelvn: 9:23am On Feb 28, 2023
Hurry

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by adaperry25: 9:06pm On Mar 02, 2023
I registered for data analytics. The application process is drilling!!
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Eskhalil: 1:12am On Mar 03, 2023
Followed
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by adaperry25: 7:10am On Mar 03, 2023
Sapeleboy911:

Yes, you can ALX doesn't track your time. But be warned the program is very challenging, fast-paced, and mentally draining. I mean very very draining. Imposter syndrome is another very big issue. Most times you feel like you are not learning.
what is the use of the various hubs in specific states like Lagos, Ph
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Chrollo: 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2023
adaperry25:
Good day. Did you get accepted?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by adaperry25: 12:48pm On Mar 09, 2023
Chrollo:

Good day. Did you get accepted?
deadline is March 27..so waiting
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Scarcity234: 1:44pm On Mar 09, 2023
nahr:
I was accepted into this program last year, we are to begin later this month but with what I am seeing here, I am beginning to question my life choices.
This is not to discourage you
I tried but I couldn't cope.
I had to drop off, currently learning at my own pace but with a guide

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by nahr(f): 8:17pm On Mar 09, 2023
Scarcity234:

This is not to discourage you
I tried but I couldn't cope.
I had to drop off, currently learning at my own pace but with a guide

Thank you, I have dropped out already. What guide are you using if I may ask?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Scarcity234: 8:49pm On Mar 09, 2023
nahr:

Thank you, I have dropped out already. What guide are you using if I may ask?
From a friend, a software Engineer. He provides the guidance and I'm happy with my growth. Before him, I was learning by myself.

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by nahr(f): 7:26am On Mar 10, 2023
Scarcity234:

From a friend, a software Engineer. He provides the guidance and I'm happy with my growth. Before him, I was learning by myself.

Oh, that's great. I wish you good luck with it all.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Emarex: 2:12pm On Mar 10, 2023
Have anyone been accepted into ALX AWS cloud practitioner?

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by flexispy: 7:54pm On Mar 16, 2023
I have
Emarex:
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Emarex: 8:02pm On Mar 16, 2023
flexispy:
I have
Congratulations!
What's your score though? I have an average of 72% and they are yet to reply me.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by flexispy: 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2023
When did you submit the test? They mentioned that if you haven't heard from them in a week then you're on the waitlist
I think the essay is just as important as the test. My average was 78 by the way.
Emarex:

Congratulations!
What's your score though? I have an average of 72% and they are yet to reply me.

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by kezienaira: 8:15pm On Mar 19, 2023
Anonymous6o6:

Sigh
This isn't up for argument, the field of software engineering is quite verse, though you're right but let it be known to you that with the skills alx is trying to install in us, you will be able to work as a DevOp engineer, data engineer, frontend or backend engineer, so this argument is really unnecessary unless you haven't seen the requirements for software engineers on job descriptions

If you still want to prove your point then check LinkedIn and tag alx_africa and Holberton coding school to explain yourself, good day!

Good evening my bro, can I talk to you about devOps engineering
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Chiomannadi: 6:22pm On Mar 29, 2023
As a beginner, I am a student of ALX Cohort 13. Is there any resources you will recommend for someone that wants to get better with C and has no prior knowledge of C or any programming language
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Bubuzaza: 1:46pm On Apr 15, 2023
Hello. Can someone register for two courses with different two different emails even though it’s he names will be the same, in case you don’t get accepted in this, you may be lucky with the other.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Bubuzaza: 1:46pm On Apr 15, 2023
Hello. Can someone register for two courses with two different emails even though the names will be the same, in case you don’t get accepted in this, you may be lucky with the other.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by atesunate16(m): 6:55pm On Apr 16, 2023
adaperry25:

how far boss, were you accepted?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by atesunate16(m): 6:57pm On Apr 16, 2023
Chiomannadi:
As a beginner, I am a student of ALX Cohort 13. Is there any resources you will recommend for someone that wants to get better with C and has no prior knowledge of C or any programming language

have you gotten?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by atesunate16(m): 6:57pm On Apr 16, 2023
Bubuzaza:
Hello. Can someone register for two courses with two different emails even though the names will be the same, in case you don’t get accepted in this, you may be lucky with the other.

yes
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by atesunate16(m): 6:58pm On Apr 16, 2023
please who was accepted for Data analytics?

if you are current student in Data analysis in ALX

I need your help please.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by adaperry25: 7:53pm On Apr 16, 2023
atesunate16:

how far boss, were you accepted?
I was not o.

They sent me an email that I was unsuccessful.

So I want to apply elsewhere
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by africanman85: 11:31am On Apr 20, 2023
I was accepted into Alx yesterday but will be inducted on 2nd May. Is there any WhatsApp group for like minds ? I applied for Software Engineering
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by bazuka001(m): 11:37pm On Apr 20, 2023
Emarex:
Hi, I was accepted also. Have you gotten any confirmatory email?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Emarex: 6:36am On Apr 21, 2023
bazuka001:

Hi, I was accepted also. Have you gotten any confirmatory email?
Yes, I got confirmatory email but no decision email yet
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by bazuka001(m): 7:36am On Apr 22, 2023
Emarex:
Yes, I got confirmatory email but no decision email yet

OK, I got a previous email say they would send another email to confirm and secure the spot given few days to the commencement which is 24th April. Have received such confirmation?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Luzebox(m): 7:48am On Apr 22, 2023
I was given admission into the program for software development...saw the curriculum...it is crazy...is there any whatsapp group i can join?

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

Freely Download Music, Videos, And Games All In One Place / A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.