Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

I Get Envious Of People A Lot - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Get Envious Of People A Lot (1701 Views)

I Feel Envious Of Nice Guys Aka Simps And Want To Become One / How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. / See As Sl@y Queen Walks In Town ‘p@ntl£ss’, Giving People A Free Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Get Envious Of People A Lot by Sisora(m): 6:52pm On May 02, 2022
Honestly, sometimes it's embarrassing when I think about this but no matter how much I try to cover up, I know that feeling of envy and jealousy when I feel one.

On average I try to be good to people and even though I don't have everything, I am happy for myself.

But I do get envious when I feel other people are going ahead of me. I try to compete or come out better than them.

This helped me in school a lot as I tend to become the best in my class. But sometimes I feel ashamed that I hid some key information that could have helped others.

Now that class positions don't matter, I still find myself competing with people. I struggle to not withhold information that may help my friends.

And if my friends are better, I often regret helping them.

I just wish I could have take away these sort of feelings but they remain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by siofra(f): 6:57pm On May 02, 2022
You're very competitive.

2 Likes

Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 02, 2022
You are very competitive in nature, as long as you are not evil with it I think it's a good thing.

My own problem is I'm hardly motivated, if you like ride the latest car or wear the latest designers, I will just be looking at you. This my friend has not been helpful to me. So you see, this life is all about balance.

5 Likes

Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by Washington505: 6:59pm On May 02, 2022
siofra:
You're very competitive.
Who be this one sef. You post trend dey comment in affirmative. Only you.

2 Likes

Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 02, 2022
Washington505:

You get prove say na she get account?
Dem cut your tongue now you go dey plead for mercy

1 Like

Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by baretalk: 7:06pm On May 02, 2022
People without vision have this trait, attribute of a weak mind.
Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by Stallionhorse: 7:17pm On May 02, 2022
Your a bitter witch.. You should be burnt to death..

2 Likes

Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by cavreek: 7:23pm On May 02, 2022
When people are below u it's fine, when they are in ur level its manageable but when they go ahead of u it becomes a problem
Humans are amazing beings. Just know that u are doing more damage to urself. There are some people who need to go ahead to prepare the path for us and in ur case imagine concealing good information from someone who will later help u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by Vinnie2000(m): 7:26pm On May 02, 2022
Hope dis OP is not Siofra??
Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by Sheddy5(m): 7:30pm On May 02, 2022
It always in females nature.
Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by helinues: 7:34pm On May 02, 2022
That's lack of confident. We all have our woes, that some people look angelic don't mean that they don't have their worries
Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by sript: 7:41pm On May 02, 2022
I think if u can harness that inbuilt drive and compitiveness inside of you positively, there is no telling to how much you can achieve your goals...

Stay focused, and channel that enviness to create positive atmosphere (energy) which could be your strongest assets, building a solid fulcrum upon which all life goals flourishes

You have a high ceilings due to your nature, u just need a change of energy and leverage on it... No two people are thesame. Just be yourself and find purpose...

Remain blessed

1 Like

Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by Blunttruth: 7:58pm On May 02, 2022
Sisora:
Honestly, sometimes it's embarrassing when I think about this but no matter how much I try to cover up, I know that feeling of envy and jealousy when I feel one.

On average I try to be good to people and even though I don't have everything, I am happy for myself.

But I do get envious when I feel other people are going ahead of me. I try to compete or come out better than them.

This helped me in school a lot as I tend to become the best in my class. But sometimes I feel ashamed that I hid some key information that could have helped others.

Now that class positions don't matter, I still find myself competing with people. I struggle to not withhold information that may help my friends.

It's normal to be a little bit envious. But don't let it turn into something else pushing you to do evil. Also remembering that life is turn by turn. Rejoice with people and be genuinely happy for them, your turn will come too.

2 Likes

Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by Freelane33(m): 8:08pm On May 02, 2022
listen to Breakfast by oritshA Femi
Sisora:

Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by Washington505: 8:17pm On May 02, 2022
Chiefbutcher007:

You get prove say na she get account?
Dem cut your tongue now you go dey plead for mercy
Who be this illiterate sef. He wan follow me talk oo
Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 02, 2022
Washington505:

Who be this illiterate sef. He wan follow me talk oo
Sorry big daddy, lol.
Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by Truvelisback(m): 8:37pm On May 02, 2022
U need deliverance. It could be a witchcraft.
Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:49pm On May 02, 2022
siofra:
You're very competitive.

You almost confuse me. Lols

@Sisora

You're suffering complex, healthy competition is good and it's what drives people to accomplish great things.

But the competition is against yourself and not people, yeah I understand that information gives edge but as far as you're not competing in the same space, give people the details they need to succeed or help if you can.

I've even help those in same line of business with me on critical information and they got ahead and made money, but the thing is the way the universe works is that once you dispense value you will/must be rewarded.

The reason why anyone is not succeeding is not bkos those around that person are making progress, it's just that, such individual have not worked on themselves enough. Believe me this statement is very true.

1 Like

Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by okoroemeka(m): 11:40pm On May 02, 2022
Sisora:

if you live in my community in imo state only God will help you because the type of mansions and cars young men and women are driving thisdays will simply turn you red with jealousy
Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by DoctorOlasDesk: 4:04am On May 03, 2022
Bitter
Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by Restroom: 4:29am On May 03, 2022
Sisora:

Could be your.nature

Learn to see Good in your self and see good in others.

When you put others interest.ahead of you, you may not have such feelings.

Some element of envy is in all of us. But Bible advised us to rejoice with people who rejoice and weep with people who weep.

What that one means is that, other people successes should make us happy. If you celebrate with them, they will celebrate with you too.

And I have found out one thing about life

It is not a competition

The day you are born
The day you die

None is a competition

So why get envious for someone trying to live his life and then he will also die like you one day?

Life nor be competition o.....if you doubt it , visit the mortuary and see how dead people are arrange on the floor. If you have taken your father or mother and drop in a mortuary, you go understand say life is too short to be letting other people successes make you envious.

When they die will you still envy them? My brother face your life and appreciate people successes genuinely.

Never ever envy anybody and never ever compare yourself to your twin brothers, because you are two different people, talk less of outsiders.

My number one rule of life: never you compare me to anybody.

If you try am, omo e Don red for you be that
Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by Kobojunkie: 4:36am On May 03, 2022
Sisora:
See a mental health therapist to get treatment for this condition abeg! undecided

Living life constantly trying to be in competition with others is not a way to live at all. It can easily turn to hell for you over night even. Measuring your worth against others is a sign of low self-worth. undecided

Please seek help so you can learn to be happy with who you are and where you are on the way to where you are headed. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by Starz825(m): 4:48am On May 03, 2022
Washington505:

Exactly... different monikers..but there is a link cheesy
Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by fattprince(m): 9:00am On May 03, 2022
Blunttruth:

It's normal to be a little bit envious. But don't let it turn into something else pushing you to do evil. Also remembering that life is turn by turn. Rejoice with people and be genuinely happy for them, your turn will come too.
True, I remember when I was in high school, I and my friends were talking and one said he has three goals to achieve in school, 1. To pass his WAEC(wonder how that was a goal since he was brilliant) 2. To be a captain and last to win awards on prize giving day. I became envious because I knew all he sets to achieve were simple for him because of his charisma and intelligence. But instead of thinking bad of him I just set my own goals and even cut myself some slack by saying achieving 2 out of 3 is still a pass mark. 1. Becoming a captain (prefect) 2. Being among top 5 in my class at least once so as to get a feel of the podium on assembly day 3. Also winning award on prize giving day. Passing WAEC wasn't a challenge for me. Guess what ? I got 3/3. And I will always remember that day. I thank God for his grace.

3 Likes

Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by cherryCola: 9:25am On May 03, 2022
baretalk:
People without vision have this trait, attribute of a weak mind.

You nailed it bro cool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by AishaDant(f): 9:27am On May 03, 2022
Instead of being envious, why don't you ask them how they did it? You can learn a thing or two from someone who is "ahead" of you.

You might also want to learn to be kind and nice to people. Helping people makes me feel better and it also adds to my personality. When you have empathy for others, you become sensitive and caring. It just makes you a better person in life. Think about it!

3 Likes

Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by medriano: 9:48am On May 03, 2022
Sisora:

Never regret helping a friend, mostly when they haven’t offended or harmed you in anyway.
As for getting envious when you see people doing better than you, it’s valid. We all feel that way sometimes. That feeling is what gives you the drive to work harder to be better. Humans are like that, don’t think for a second you are a bad person.
Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by Kobicove(m): 11:14am On May 03, 2022
You're just one step away from becoming a witch! grin
Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by suicidesheep: 11:27am On May 03, 2022
Channel that energy to make yourself a better person, as I'm here I'm looking for that spirit of jealousy to motivate myself.
Re: I Get Envious Of People A Lot by Olayetan(m): 12:26pm On May 03, 2022
Please
Stop giving yourself unnecessary worries, many people are like this and they aren't questioning themselves, if you keep this thought in your head, I'm afraid it may have effect on your mental health.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Regarding The Post A Dude Who Has A 20years Old Virgin Gf. / Wait For A Girl To Approach You Before You Ever Ask Her Out / MEN!! Understand This Female Mindset Called "THE BENEFIT OF HER PVVSSY"!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.