Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,891 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:05 AM

I Support Ipob's Agitation But Not The Violence - Gov. Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Support Ipob's Agitation But Not The Violence - Gov. Wike (441 Views)

Wike: I Support IPOB Agitation But Not Violence, Nnamdi Kanu Once Sang My Praise / Killing Of Northerners: South Has No Monopoly Of Violence - Gov. Matawalle Warns / Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Support Ipob's Agitation But Not The Violence - Gov. Wike by Tofax: 6:48am On May 03, 2022
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, on Monday said he supports the agitation by the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) but not the violence associated with the group.

Wike, a frontline presidential aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), stated this during an interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today.

“I support the agitations in the South-East, whether anybody likes it or not, I do,” Wike said. “We should sit down at the round table and discuss it.

“But again what do I do wrong when you have not gone to say ‘bomb everything there.’ I am a governor and you are telling me what has never happened and I should accept? Do you need to kill everybody in my area simply for me to say I am with you? And I say no, I won’t do that.”

The governor also faulted critics who shaded him for saying he wasn’t supporting IPOB. He wondered where they were when he publicly supported the cause of their agitation against injustice in the region.

According to Wike, there is injustice and division in the country. He, however, insisted that the best way to protest against injustice isn’t by killing innocent souls in the country.

When asked if IPOB poses a threat to him, the governor neither affirmed nor denied it.

He said, “Why will they be a threat to me? It is because of the division in this country today that we have never had this country being divided this way.

“What pains me is that people take politics to think that I want to use this opportunity to fight this person. There came a time IPOB was singing praises about Wike. This Nnamdi Kanu was singing praises (that) Wike is our son.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/05/02/i-support-Igbos-agitation-but-not-the-violence-wike/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwhFGhqi86M

Re: I Support Ipob's Agitation But Not The Violence - Gov. Wike by Tony4988(m): 6:51am On May 03, 2022
This man should get out
Re: I Support Ipob's Agitation But Not The Violence - Gov. Wike by Transcriber: 6:52am On May 03, 2022
Wiked Wike cheesy

Tormentor of madmen

1 Like

Re: I Support Ipob's Agitation But Not The Violence - Gov. Wike by Oplomo: 6:54am On May 03, 2022
Stop deceiving yourself, you've already shown your subtle hatred for Ndigbo.

1 Like

Re: I Support Ipob's Agitation But Not The Violence - Gov. Wike by joe54: 6:56am On May 03, 2022
I sincerely agree with you governor.

This ipob agitation is as a result of a long structural decay in the Nigerian project.
NEVERTHELESS
That fugitive albino is intellectually deformed, arrogant and a greedy monkey.

Violence won't bring about Biafra. Our armed forces should ELIMINATE all ipob miscreant terrorist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Support Ipob's Agitation But Not The Violence - Gov. Wike by Kingof2nations(m): 6:56am On May 03, 2022
Wike for your mind you're making sense abi
whn did IPOB go violence
Re: I Support Ipob's Agitation But Not The Violence - Gov. Wike by Lastmessenger2: 7:13am On May 03, 2022
So because election is around the corner you are now supporting ipob.
Re: I Support Ipob's Agitation But Not The Violence - Gov. Wike by McGg: 7:13am On May 03, 2022
This wike(D) man is a man of vawulence
Re: I Support Ipob's Agitation But Not The Violence - Gov. Wike by AntiBMC(m): 7:16am On May 03, 2022
Election is fast approaching. Someone who gave fulani military the go-ahead to terrorize obigbo people have started spewing trash grin

Re: I Support Ipob's Agitation But Not The Violence - Gov. Wike by colorsofrainbow: 7:39am On May 03, 2022
joe54:
I sincerely agree with you governor.

This ipob agitation is as a result of a long structural decay in the Nigerian project.
NEVERTHELESS
That fugitive albino is intellectually deformed, arrogant and a greedy monkey.

Violence won't bring about Biafra. Our armed forces should ELIMINATE all ipob miscreant terrorist.
Tell us the truth on how disappointed you are on your personal Lord and saviour,Wike with the way he aligned with ipob that has given you sleepless nights.
Whether you believe it or not, propaganda or not, ipob is a huge five to reckon with. Just weep so slowly grin grin grin
Re: I Support Ipob's Agitation But Not The Violence - Gov. Wike by Jostoman: 7:42am On May 03, 2022
Yes o WIKE has said it several times that government should call them and dialogue with them.
Re: I Support Ipob's Agitation But Not The Violence - Gov. Wike by Conrod: 7:45am On May 03, 2022
"Wike the wicked" ....no matter how much you can crawl and try to decieve.. ,your political life is about to end.
Re: I Support Ipob's Agitation But Not The Violence - Gov. Wike by limeta(f): 8:07am On May 03, 2022
The agitators just learnt to speak the government language
Re: I Support Ipob's Agitation But Not The Violence - Gov. Wike by Bobloco: 9:02am On May 03, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: I Support Ipob's Agitation But Not The Violence - Gov. Wike by Mynd44: 12:02pm On May 03, 2022

(1)

Miame Dept: Dapo Abiodun Charged For Assaulting Police Officer In Fraud Case / Does It Mean That INEC Chairman Is Contesting Secretly (pic) / This Came From A Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.