Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,909 members, 7,799,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) (46441 Views)

How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) / Smoky Hot Jollof Rice With Roasted Turkey Meat (pix&video) / My Egusi Soup With Scent Leaves Recipe.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by Mariangeles(f): 9:43am On Jul 22, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Varieties of life, goat meat and that cat fish is among my best protein. Growing up my elder brother doesn't eat cat fish, and we will be lurking around him for his portion grin

You can alternate with the protein of your choice.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reminds me of when a sibling is sick and gets to have whatever he or she wants, the rest will be lurking around like hyenas, waiting for when he or she rejects it. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:55am On Jul 22, 2022
Mariangeles:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reminds me of when a sibling is sick and gets to have whatever he or she wants, the rest will be lurking around like hyenas, waiting for when he or she rejects it. grin

grin grin grin

Lurking around like the hyenas got me really cracking up.

And once they reject the food, BOOM its like celebration for the others. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by Mariangeles(f): 10:35am On Jul 22, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

grin grin grin

Lurking around like the hyenas got me really cracking up.

And once they reject the food, BOOM its like celebration for the others. grin

Hahahahahahahahaha

Nne, good morning to you.

2 Likes

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:34am On Jul 22, 2022
Mariangeles:

Hahahahahahahahaha

Nne, good morning to you.

Good morning to you nwanyi oma aka deputy mummy grin

2 Likes

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by Mariangeles(f): 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Good morning to you nwanyi oma aka deputy mummy grin

Hahahahahaha
Nne ehn... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by mediclife1987(m): 3:40pm On Jul 22, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNh-LwjjfcU

Egusi soup is widely eaten across the states in Nigeria. This video details the step by step guide on how I make the thick style of Egusi soup for either home use or parties.

Egusi soup is one of the Nigerian soups that when well-prepared gives a craving for more.

In this video, there is a guide on how to make Egusi soup with Uziza leaves, Scent Leaves and Goat Meat, the no frying, lumpy Egusi soup we all love to eat.

You can replicate this and let's see how it came out for you.

Ingredients:

Egusi Seeds/Melon Seeds
Goat Meat
Osu
Okpei
Palm Oil
Uziza Leaves
Scent Leaves
Yellow Scent Pepper
Crayfish
Seasoning
Salt
Onions
Stock fish
Dry Fish

How much goat meat be that sef?
Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by gloryhomemaker(f): 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2022
mediclife1987:

How much goat meat be that sef?

Oga e don tey oooo. Not sure now.

1 Like

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by Mariangeles(f): 7:54pm On Jul 22, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Thank you Mariangeles, l fit reason this ewa agoyin tomorrow. Use pressure pot and bring the beans to obedience and then fry the sauce tongue

The bring the beans to obedience part got me laughing. cheesy
Don't forget to mash the beans. You will enjoy it.
I had to reply you here because I didn't want to derail channah's thread any further.

2 Likes

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:07pm On Jul 22, 2022
Mariangeles:

The bring the beans to obedience part got me laughing. cheesy
Don't forget to mash the beans. You will enjoy it.
I had to reply you here because I didn't want to derail channah's thread any further.

Ok I understand. Sure I will mash it and thank you.

1 Like

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by Frankcallys(m): 8:43pm On Jul 22, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Varieties of life, goat meat and that cat fish is among my best protein. Growing up my elder brother doesn't eat cat fish, and we will be lurking around him for his portion grin

You can alternate with the protein of your choice.

Hahahaha... My siblings always do the same thing. I just don't see myself eating those two things.... Ah... I forgot to add Garden Egg, those big ones. Yiaaak! I hate them with a passion, but I eat the little ones in the garden or farm �

1 Like

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by gloryhomemaker(f): 6:58am On Jul 23, 2022
Frankcallys:

Hahahaha... My siblings always do the same thing. I just don't see myself eating those two things.... Ah... I forgot to add Garden Egg, those big ones. Yiaaak! I hate them with a passion, but I eat the little ones in the garden or farm �

We are all made different and unique in our ways.

Those big garden egg with ose oji (ground pepper and groundnut) tastes heavenly grin

1 Like

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by Francis95(m): 9:00pm On Jul 27, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Who has tried Egusi soup with scent leaves. One of the best flavours of vegetable for Egusi.
I prepared mine today. Very delicious. My 2 neighbors (females ) perceived the aroma and came knocking at my door with their plates. Prepared it following your procedures. Thanks alot. Next week I will try your vegetable soup.

3 Likes

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by gloryhomemaker(f): 9:45pm On Jul 27, 2022
Francis95:
I prepared mine today. Very delicious. My 2 neighbors (females ) perceived the aroma and came knocking at my door with their plates. Prepared it following your procedures. Thanks alot. Next week I will try your vegetable soup.

Awwwn. So nice a feedback. Thank you, thank you. My heart is full.

The Egusi soup looks so inviting.

For the Vegetable soup please use freshly washed bitter leaf, the short ones.

Am looking forward to the feedback too.

2 Likes

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by Francis95(m): 9:50pm On Jul 27, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Awwwn. So nice a feedback. Thank you, thank you. My heart is full.

The Egusi soup looks so inviting.

For the Vegetable soup please use freshly washed bitter leaf, the short ones.

Am looking forward to the feedback too.

Thanks dear. Alright I will do as you said

2 Likes

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by gloryhomemaker(f): 6:35am On Jul 28, 2022
Francis95:

People like you make me want to continue these videos. I really appreciate you.

Thank you again.

1 Like

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by gloryhomemaker(f): 7:09am On Jul 28, 2022
Francis95:

Please and please help me with your reviews on the videos that has been of value to you on my YouTube page. It will help my YouTube ministry a lot.

Thank you and God bless you richly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by Francis95(m): 4:29am On Jul 29, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Please and please help me with your reviews on the videos that has been of value to you on my YouTube page. It will help my YouTube ministry a lot.

Thank you and God bless you richly.
Alright dear, you are welcome.

1 Like

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by pocohantas(f): 5:39pm On Aug 09, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
Who has tried Egusi soup with scent leaves. One of the best flavours of vegetable for Egusi.

I hope I find a place in my heart to forgive you for not posting this recipe in 2002.

The taste is MAD. Make I chop finish first.

1 Like

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by LienwaltAbel(m): 6:05pm On Aug 09, 2022
pocohantas:

I hope I find a place in my heart to forgive you for not posting this recipe in 2002.

God forbid bad thing. Scent leaf? That horrible tasting crap
Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by pocohantas(f): 6:12pm On Aug 09, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

Nah. Trust me on this one. The taste na die. For the first time I enjoyed egusi soup.

1 Like

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by LienwaltAbel(m): 6:16pm On Aug 09, 2022
pocohantas:

Nah. Trust me on this one. The taste na die. For the first time I enjoyed egusi soup.
Forget it. It's just me. The taste of scent leaf, even the smell, drives me up the wall. I owe this newfound disgust to my grandma, everyday scent leaf, even inside beans. Haba ne
Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by folake4u(f): 6:20pm On Aug 09, 2022
pocohantas:

Abi you go waybill some my way? smiley

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by gloryhomemaker(f): 6:22pm On Aug 09, 2022
pocohantas:

Awwwwwnn, thank you Pocohantas!

Please forgive me ooooo. Even me I need to forgive myself why I took so long to start.
Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by gloryhomemaker(f): 6:26pm On Aug 09, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

Try it and see. Many people are testifying already.
Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by pocohantas(f): 12:03am On Aug 10, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Awwwwwnn, thank you Pocohantas!

Please forgive me ooooo. Even me I need to forgive myself why I took so long to start.

No wahala. You are forgiven.
Where that your oyel boyfriend? Greypencil abi greypencils? grin grin

folake4u:

Abi you go waybill some my way? smiley

I’ll try my love. cheesy

LienwaltAbel:

Forget it. It's just me. The taste of scent leaf, even the smell, drives me up the wall. I owe this newfound disgust to my grandma, everyday scent leaf, even inside beans. Haba ne

Okay. This is psychological. Peak milk makes me feel same way till date. Liquid one o.

1 Like

Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by folake4u(f): 1:39am On Aug 10, 2022
pocohantas:

I’ll try my love. cheesy

Okay. This is psychological. Peak milk makes me feel same way till date. Liquid one o.

Ehen,now you're talking. The egusi soup looks really good. cheesy

Ah. You don't like liquid Peak milk? shocked
Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by greypencils: 10:01am On Aug 10, 2022
pocohantas:

I’ll try my love. cheesy

The oyel boyfriend dey here. Wetin?
Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:27am On Aug 10, 2022
pocohantas:

This your Egusi soup is calling my name ooo, i can even taste it from here.

I know my oyel boyfriend will be surprised with the oyel he is seeing in that plate grin
Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:28am On Aug 10, 2022
greypencils:
The oyel boyfriend dey here. Wetin?

Do you like the oyel in that Egusi?
Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by greypencils: 10:06pm On Aug 10, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

This your Egusi soup is calling my name ooo, i can even taste it from here.

I know my oyel boyfriend will be surprised with the oyel he is seeing in that plate grin
I am. Igbo Egusi no dey get oil like this na. I know pocahontas did it on purpose to get a reaction from me. undecided
Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by greypencils: 10:10pm On Aug 10, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Do you like the oyel in that Egusi?
It is how I like it.
Re: The Way I Make Rich Egusi Soup With Uziza Leaves, Scent Leaves & Goat Meat (pix) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:25pm On Aug 10, 2022
greypencils:
I am. Igbo Egusi no dey get oil like this na. I know pocahontas did it on purpose to get a reaction from me. undecided

We are glad you like it. We eat oil too you know grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Restaurant Emerges. / The Dinner I Prepared With N3800. / Take A Look At The Food I Bought For N1,600 Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.