Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,426 members, 7,781,244 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:11 AM

Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays (32445 Views)

My Discovery About Private Schools / Do Not Pay Too Much Attention To The People, True Life Story / Hard Work Does Not Pay If The Right Things Are Not Done (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Devilagentcap: 5:43pm On May 03, 2022
Why is it that most private school don't pay their workers during hoildays. Like once the term ends like this. Salary wnt be paid till when they start work again.

This isn't right now.

Please, what's your view about this policy, guy?

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Searchingvictor: 6:15pm On May 03, 2022
That's how they do. Stingy owners, they only pay when school is on.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Newton2024: 10:03pm On May 03, 2022
My proprietress has not paid me my March salary (15k) till today and no work no salary for April. She said she is expecting some parents to pay her during holiday. I'm the only English teacher in the school for both JS & SS. In my next life, I will never be a teacher.

Two worst jobs in Nigeria:
1. To be carrying chalk
2. To be carrying gun

302 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Devilagentcap: 10:09pm On May 03, 2022
Newton2024:
My proprietress has not paid me my March salary (15k) till today and work no salary for April. She said she is expecting some parents to pay her. I'm the only English teacher in the school for both JS & SS. In my next life, I will never be a teacher.

1. To be carrying chalk
2. To be carrying gun

Ahh. That's bad. You're teaching six classes. Hope you're not teaching lit-in-Eng for SS class sha

65 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by wiseone28: 10:56pm On May 03, 2022
Newton2024:
My proprietress has not paid me my March salary (15k) till today and work no salary for April. She said she is expecting some parents to pay her. I'm the only English teacher in the school for both JS & SS. In my next life, I will never be a teacher.

1. To be carrying chalk
2. To be carrying gun
Teaching sweet but the pay is the problem.

Keeps one going especially seeing those children smiling and the have no clue about a fvckup country they are in.

191 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Ekitischool: 4:24am On May 04, 2022
Sometimes, I'm surprised when I read things like this. A graduate earning 15k as a teacher? I guess it's because such teachers don't want to leave their comfort zones. If you can teach in Ekiti State, send your CV to ekitischool@gmail.com. Least salary is 30k and some schools will offer you free accommodation.

153 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by phemmyfour: 5:45am On May 04, 2022
Devilagentcap:
Why is it that most private school don't pay their workers during hoildays. Like once the term ends like this. Salary wnt be paid till when they start work again.

This isn't right now.

They are selfish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Princelico: 7:55am On May 04, 2022
It's very degrading the way teacher are been treated in private school. The annoying aspect is that they will want you to teach multiple subjects, work from 8 to 4, and owe you salary at the end of the day.

21 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Tokskob2008: 9:09am On May 04, 2022
My own proprietress paid half of March salary and for April nobody should be expecting any thing even when we worked for 2weeks in April, first week and last week yet she isn't going to pay a dime.

Next payment will be this month end and it's most likely going to be half again... Honestly teaching as a profession in this country is a mistake. can't wait to get better option soon.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by iamyemiakins(m): 10:04am On May 04, 2022
The worst establishment to work in Nigeria is a private primary/secondary school.

The ratio of work to salary is 90:10

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by illuminutty: 10:05am On May 04, 2022
That is absurd.
Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Lamasta(m): 10:05am On May 04, 2022
Atimes I do wonder if labour laws applies to private organizations and firms in Nigeria

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by BusinessPlan22: 10:05am On May 04, 2022
I had to leave and God gave me a job as a manager o.
I will lead prayers every day, teach Adult school and primary for stipend, I fractured my ankle, took excuse and was absent for two days, came back teach 8 to 5pm daily, they deducted 1800 from my salary.
As I left God gime job. Till now, no teacher has replaced me, seeing the stress I went through then, I m amazed if dem be swear for me

True story

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by 9jatriot(m): 10:05am On May 04, 2022
Yet everybody go de curse goverment.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Nobody: 10:05am On May 04, 2022
Pathetic, feel sorry for all our hard working teacher's out there experiencing this kind of situation sad

Modified; the person that commented below me, my reply to you is that private school owners are not supposed to rely "AlONE" on the school fees parents pay for there children at the School's before they can be able to pay there teachers salary,

as a proprietor/proprietress or school owner who is wise and is aware of the challenges faced in running a school in this country you are expected to diversify and have other source of income.......I know of a lecturer in this country that owns a private school(primary/secondary) school, on many occasions due to lack of payment of school fees by parents he normaly use his own salary to pay his teachers just to ensure he keeps everyone( the teachers) happy and avoid complaints, I know of many other business owners who owned schools and have had to pay teachers from there private money, this money can now be replace when parents later pay there wards schools fees.......

It is suicidal and unwise for any private school owner to rely on schools fees alone to pay teacher salaries, especially new and upcoming schools with low population of students.

22 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Kobicove(m): 10:05am On May 04, 2022
All private school owners rely on tuition paid by students to pay salaries of teachers...everyone knows that most parents in Nigeria do not like to pay school fees of their wards on time undecided

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Nobody: 10:06am On May 04, 2022
Why

1.Private schools rely on what parents pay, not on an allocation from the government.

2.Many times, parents don't pay on time....because poverty, issues, etc. Many times, parents withdraw from private schools and go public.

3.As a result, most private schools are short of money in the period when there is no school.

4.It's messy, yes, but if we propose the obvious solution (government taking over schools)...the government too would soon run out of cash to pay for the schools.

5.Note that private schools pay for overheads, supplies etc from their pocket. No government imprest or whatever to pay for such stuff.

6.That's why fees in private schools are high too.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by HeRulesMen: 10:06am On May 04, 2022
It's a pity

1 Like

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by merits(m): 10:06am On May 04, 2022
Devilagentcap:

This isn't right now.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Nten: 10:06am On May 04, 2022
An imbroglio of monumental proportion!
Until teachers are formidable enough in such school who will take drastic measures like down tooling together at the heat of such issue.
But unemployment has created a huge vacuum were people are willing to take anything without recourse.

8 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by adisabarber(m): 10:06am On May 04, 2022
How many private schools have you worked in?

Devilagentcap:

This isn't right now.

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Realist12: 10:06am On May 04, 2022
Na wao, most times we condemn the government. But an average citizen is more corrupt and wicked
Working for the government is even better .
These ASUU members striking I'm sure the private universities they work with isn't appraising them than the government universities.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Spaxon(f): 10:07am On May 04, 2022
Most do still pay stipends.. always get facts and stats correct before you post them

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Cholls(m): 10:07am On May 04, 2022
Devilagentcap:
mukina2 uboma David470

Please move this to promise land.
[img]https:///media/6-10-2018/nFVMcC.gif[/img]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by SavageResponse(m): 10:07am On May 04, 2022
Devilagentcap:

This isn't right now.

To know the answer to your question I suggest you set up your own school then during holidays when there is no money coming in you go and take money from your personal savings to pay your teachers let us see if that school will survive for up to 2 years!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Oyerinde16(m): 10:07am On May 04, 2022
I usually tell people this country is full of scam, everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by DeAdvokate(m): 10:07am On May 04, 2022
So pathetic....private school teaching is modern slavery

4 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by SambankmanFried: 10:08am On May 04, 2022
Newton2024:

1. To be carrying chalk
2. To be carrying gun

if you can teach people how to trade online you can make that off one referral
better than wasting your time. 15k in nigeria is not a salary - its worse than slavery

16 Likes

Re: Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays by Enumerator(m): 10:08am On May 04, 2022
cheesy
Newton2024:

1. To be carrying chalk
2. To be carrying gun

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Employees That Slept With Their Bosses, How Did It End? / House Keeper Receives New Car For Returning Lost Items To Owner. Photos / Wife's Phone Searched & All Contacts Deleted By Her Boss, Can I Sue Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.