Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,212 members, 7,780,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:24 PM

Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? (25749 Views)

MTN Welcome Back! Can I Get Recover My Lost Sim Of 2yrs +? / Can A Lost Or Stolen Phone Be Tracked While Switched Off / Whats The Procedure/documents Required To Retrieve A Lost 9mobile Sim Card? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by seunlayi(m): 3:47pm On May 04, 2022
AuthoritySpeaks:
So, my phone got stolen last week and inside it is my major sim card that I have been using for over 6years.

Have you done any welcome back like that?

You should not cause more ruse about this. That line can not be giving to you unless you provide the person whose info appeared on the SIM profile.... He will do an affidavit, etc (that is if it's still allowed). That agent I think wanted to help you runsz it. Go to him and renegotiate. Many people in your category have lost ownership of their sim in recent times due to this. In addition, you have deliberately made someone loss his\her job by giving a description of the cc centre you went to.
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by seunlayi(m): 3:53pm On May 04, 2022
Springboot:
Since you're lucky you weren't arrested for trying to retrieve a line registered to another person, I think you should forget that line, buy a sim and go update your details wherever you have used the number.

Note:- if you try it in mtn major store in Lagos, you will be arrested.
surely and it's not late for MTN to track you if they can just review the visitors that went to that centre on that day. Op line may be marked. MTN don't joke with registration,Nin, matter anymore, they are not ready to be fined again
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Dimejimichael(m): 3:58pm On May 04, 2022
AuthoritySpeaks:
So, my phone got stolen last week and inside it is my major sim card that I have been using for over 6years.

The line in question is linked to my NIN but the initial Sim registration was done by someone else. I no longer have the sim pack as well.
Ps: I bought the sim as already registered.

So, i went for a welcome-back last week Saturday in MTN Head-Office at UWANI, ENUGU and the guy at the desk told me that since the initial sim registration was done by someone else, that they will have to contact their Lagos office for approval to welcome-back the sim and the whole process will cost me #10,000.
In that same office, my friend did his welcome back two weeks ago for #1k.
A part of me felt that the guy wants to just make extra cash from be because it was just him and another customer service that is sitted far from him that were working that very day.
But I want to be sure if his claims are true.

Pls if you have had any experience like this, enlighten me.
What I want to know is if it will cost that much to welcome back your sim if it wasn't registered to your name even if it is linked to your NIN.

The guy wan cash out , I just retrieved my mtn sim last week after it got lost, I wasn't the one that registered it, and I have been using it for over 5yr .

It is link with my NIN and the sim pack is no longer with me, I only went to swore an affidavit and also pay 1000n for the mtn agent..
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by seunlayi(m): 4:03pm On May 04, 2022
princewarri1985:
You bought an already registered sim card? Nice one! Na people like una police dey look for and cell go fit you well, you better forget about that sim card and go get a new sim card registered by you, or be ready to be arrested locked up and the keys thrown away immediately you walk in to any telecomunication company office to retrieve your line. Dont say i did not warn you

You are right unless MTN didn't see this post.
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 04, 2022
ikorodureporta:

Na there e dey? ...I think say na sandfield side for lekki
So you know the place?Why asking for direction?
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Cyrus176(m): 4:06pm On May 04, 2022
Just pay the 10k same thing happened to me some years back. After spending 2.5k for the welcome back it was discovered that my sim was registered in anambra back then when sim reg was not sophisticated as it is now. Long story short I had to pay another 5k for the first owner's info to be sent to PH where we had to do the whole registration all over again with another 2.5k, so just pay and forget.
AuthoritySpeaks:

The line in question is linked to my NIN but the initial Sim registration was done by someone else. I no longer have the sim pack as well.

So, i went for a welcome-back last week Saturday in MTN Head-Office at UWANI, ENUGU and the guy at the desk told me that since the initial sim registration was done by someone else, that they will have to contact their Lagos office for approval to welcome-back the sim and the whole process will cost me #10,000.
A part of me felt that the guy wants to just make extra cash from be because it was just him and another customer service that is sitted far from him that were working that very day.

What I want to know is if it will cost that much to welcome back your sim if it wasn't registered to your name even if it is linked to your NIN.
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Slynation(m): 4:13pm On May 04, 2022
ikorodureporta:
Pls I NEED DIRECTION TO LANDMARK EVENTS CENTRE, ONIRU...BEFORE I GO MISS ROAD TOMORROW
Bro just incase of next time...life has been made easier now, you don't even need to ask for any direction since you have a smartphone and data...just open your Google map and search your destination, it will appear, click start and Google with trace the nearest possible route to get that exact spot by even reminding you to turn left or right in the next 100m...!!

1 Like

Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Cognitivereason: 4:14pm On May 04, 2022
AuthoritySpeaks:

I had this painful experience with my Airtel sim which I have used for 6 years too..
Sim got stolen with my phone..

Went to Airtel office and called their customer care they both claimed there is nothing that can be done since the name on the registered sim doesn't tally with my NIN..don't bother wasting ur time..
Ur sim is gone except u have ur sim pack
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by shortIGBOman: 4:15pm On May 04, 2022
Everything for Igbo land don add money. Since IPOB decided to make the East unhabitable. Make una enjoy una region.

Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Slynation(m): 4:22pm On May 04, 2022
AuthoritySpeaks:

honestly speaking they even tried for you by telling you to pay 10K without stress...I went to retrieve my second line, not that it got missing, but the guy that cut the SIM to nano size made a lil mistake and slice some of the of copper coating at the back of the SIM and it began showing insert SIM...

I went for welcome back only to realize my name didn't correspond with the registered name, They told me to go swear in court that will cost me a whopping 2K plus extra 2K since I don't have the SIM pack anymore...!! SIM wey be #100 then and this guys wants to frustrate their papa, that was how I ditch that line
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by kachijack(m): 4:43pm On May 04, 2022
Springboot:
Since you're lucky you weren't arrested for trying to retrieve a line registered to another person, I think you should forget that line, buy a sim and go update your details wherever you have used the number.

Lies....

For retrieval of SIMs there are processes and policies that the service providers have put in place to help people who fall into this category to get their lines returned to them and the correct owners details updated. It varies from different network but involves what is called ownership verification and validation.
If the line is important to you make contact with the customer care unit of the operator to get the right guidance, some of the shop staff can be so dismissive as they do not want to be stressed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by rezzy: 4:44pm On May 04, 2022
AuthoritySpeaks:

I'm wondering how you linked it with NIN cos the name does not tally. That is, your name and the name of the person who registered it
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Springboot: 4:47pm On May 04, 2022
kachijack:

Lies....

For retrieval of SIMs there are processes and policies that the service providers have put in place to help people who fall into this category to get their lines returned to them and the correct owners details updated. It varies from different network but involves what is called ownership verification and validation.
If the line is important to you make contact with the customer care unit of the operator to get the right guidance, some of the shop staff can be so dismissive as they do not want to be stressed

Unfortunately some idiooots will believe this rubbish you wrote here and continue buying registered line. Just so you know, buying an already registered line is illegal
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Emeka71(m): 4:51pm On May 04, 2022
But why do you want a SIM that is already somebody's own¿
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by airsaylongcome: 5:17pm On May 04, 2022
ikorodureporta:
Pls I NEED DIRECTION TO LANDMARK EVENTS CENTRE, ONIRU...BEFORE I GO MISS ROAD TOMORROW

Enter bus or boat to Sandfield. From the side headed to Lekki/Ajah, board a bike to Landmark

1 Like

Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by DynasTee: 5:36pm On May 04, 2022
I was a victim of pre-registered sim as well.

After I have visited about 7 MTN offices, I was directed to a particular one (at VI, Lagos).

The guy I met told me they've been stopped from doing welcome back for such sims.

I was lucky because he said "I'll do it for the last time".

He retrieved the sim using the old customer's name and told me to come back after 3 days for change of name.

I think you're lucky someone agreed to do it for you (I hope it's not a scam)
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Gben5: 5:37pm On May 04, 2022
grin
Jamesbiodun:

A friend of mine just went to airtel office today to retrieve line registered by someone else,
He has link his NIN already but they told him to buy new sim that he can't retrieve it...
He blame himself for going to Ogba from Ishaga cheesy grin
grin
Jamesbiodun:

A friend of mine just went to airtel office today to retrieve line registered by someone else,
He has link his NIN already but they told him to buy new sim that he can't retrieve it...
He blame himself for going to Ogba from Ishaga cheesy grin
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Bbbw: 5:42pm On May 04, 2022
Trust nothing in nigeria
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by saintbillion(m): 5:43pm On May 04, 2022
opera1:

His case is different from yours because OTP will be sent to the Sim for the update.
how is his own case different? They stole his phone and SIM. My own simcard got damage so what is different?
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Emmy3(m): 5:51pm On May 04, 2022
Since you've linked your sim to your NIN,
all you need to retrieve the SIM card is your NIN slip.
Also ready the security/usage info of the SIM card.
Go to a real MTN office...
That's how I did mine last week.
It cost 600 and I got airtime of 400.
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Youngzedd(m): 5:51pm On May 04, 2022
AuthoritySpeaks:

"It is a criminal offence to buy pre-registered SIM Cards" - NCC warns telecom consumers >> https://www.ncc.gov.ng/stakeholder/media-public/news-headlines/588-it-is-a-criminal-offence-to-buy-pre-registered-sim-cards-ncc-warns-telecom-consumers

Normally,, they are suppose to the call security and hand you over to NCC.
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 04, 2022
Springboot:

APB for all Networks really

1 Like

Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Hassanmaye(m): 6:20pm On May 04, 2022
Springboot:

Is a lie
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Hassanmaye(m): 6:26pm On May 04, 2022
saintbillion:
Ok. Let me remember how I didn't mind. Bought a sim card around 2012 was registered by someone sha, the SIM card hard issues of partial contact around 2014 and stopped working.
Walked in to MTN office at zik Avenue uwani Enugu for welcome back, pick their form fill in the details,
My turn reach the woman press her computer,
Check my details in the form,
Gave a puzzle gaze and said oga you can't do welcome.
I asked her why, she said my details I documented doesn't correspondence with what she's seeing from her screen. I ask her what is she seeing she said John something.
I asked her what next selhe suggest I get a new SIM card or ask the person who registered for you to do a welcome back, meanwhile I already have another MTN, Etisalat line as of then and 2 Zain but that was my first and main sim card.
I left reluctantly. Meanwhile before leaving I saw some people who came to do SIM registration. I said okay I nodded my coconut head.
The next week I went to another MTN office at obete main market opposite.
This time around not for welcome back for SIM registration. Lol to register my spoil simcard yes you got it.
Pick their form fill the details, and my information was been captured.
I left.
I check back again after weeks but no sign, so I was plain enough I told them I want to update my details on my simcard. They gave me another form I filled and my details was captured again, did my finger prints.
Went there again after some months, them ask me to bring my voter cards or NIN hah where I wan see am from? I was barely 16 or 17 years as of then but not up to 19years.
Little me, I rush go cyber cafe and they did those their nonsense Id cards. I took it there but got a negative response. They told me sorry not that type of Id card.
I did all these cause of my 2go account ooo how to be buying Go credit if you know you know.
After about 3 months.
I went to another MTN office towards that old pack side but not the one opposite obete main market.
This time I was sobber.
I meet one man I told him I want to do welcome back.
He told me the price, I think 600 or 700 naira. I said ok.
He asked if my Id card, I told him I have but I didn't bring it out immediately. People where not much there sha infact I was the only one at that moment.
I pick a form fill in the details complete.
He check his system, lo and behold my names and other details have already reflect and take effect, but there was still a problem of which he asked me a question, he said my names and other credentials are correct but why is my passport or photo showing another man's face instead of mind. As I was ABOUT explaining to him that it was another person that registered it for me,
Baba just said is he your brother? Where you very small then when you bought the SIM card I said yes sir.
Lol then he said I should show him my Id card.
Heheh I bought out that my plastic Id the guy just weak. And smile. He said I should hold on.
He get a welcome back SIM card and did everything then snapped me a new photo in order to change that one. I gave him the 600 naira. then he gave me the SIM card and a recharge card of 400 naira. He asked me to put the sim card after 24 hours.
I did as he said Omo the SIM worked.
Till date I done do welcome back like 5times no issue.
Op my advice for you is this. Go there and tell them you want to update your simcard details or that you want to register your simcard. No let them know say your SIM done loss. After that exercise then you can check back and request for a welcome back. Thanks
Wow damnnn niggar
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Hassanmaye(m): 6:28pm On May 04, 2022
princewarri1985:
You bought an already registered sim card? Nice one! Na people like una police dey look for and cell go fit you well, you better forget about that sim card and go get a new sim card registered by you, or be ready to be arrested locked up and the keys thrown away immediately you walk in to any telecomunication company office to retrieve your line. Dont say i did not warn you
Lies from the pit of hell
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by opera1(m): 6:30pm On May 04, 2022
saintbillion:
how is his own case different? They stole his phone and SIM. My own simcard got damage so what is different?

Damaged but still with you.
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by saintbillion(m): 7:05pm On May 04, 2022
opera1:

Damaged but still with you.
I don't understand how you see your own. A damage simcard that shows insert simcard when insert in a device and a simcard that was been stolen or missing which one is better than the othe?
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Anndrew(m): 7:23pm On May 04, 2022
franconian:

You are right.
Take a look at the username, the person behind the username is clearly an agent of division. Like you said, he or she may not be Igbo.

I live in Lagos, but I've never heard words like Afonja, IPIGS, Skull miner, Skullarship, e.t.c. it's mostly on this forum. And sadly, Seun is either allowing it, or doing too little to curb it, else why would such a username be allowed in the first place?

When I joined nairaland (over a decade ago) it was not like this.
it is allowed,cus the owner of this forum is a tribal bigot...na only for this forum u see such a tribal bigot topic
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by ikorodureporta: 7:32pm On May 04, 2022
Revolution2022:
So you know the place?Why asking for direction?
To clarify na...
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by NOBLE179(m): 7:57pm On May 04, 2022
AuthoritySpeaks:

go to their main office.
all you need is swear affidavit with the number.
they will update the sim details with your nin details.
it will cost you 500 at the mtn office, excluding affidavit cost.
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by stanisbaratheon: 8:00pm On May 04, 2022
AuthoritySpeaks:

It's a lie, he wants to rip you off

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lenovo S90 "Sisley": A Blatant Copy Of iPhone 6 Design / Transform Your Android Into Lollipop / Which BIS Subscription Works On Iphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.