Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter (28189 Views)

Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range / Twitter DMs To Have End To End Encryption - Elon Musk / Twitter Increases Tweet Characters Limit For Users To Express Their Selves More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by amp01(m): 9:45am On May 04, 2022
Mko123:
Commercialize everything and see the way Africans will drop the shit of as if it's leprosy.

I'm pretty sure that this billionaire failed his entrepreneurship
courses

Twitter has never declared profit,it's a losing business,he has to turn it around.
Nobody invest that much and expect not to make money.
Entrepreneurs are money makers.
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by happney65: 9:47am On May 04, 2022
Sweetplum:
You ll ruin Twitter. First it was cocaine inside coke. Now it's money for tweeting.
After all your money. When you aren't urgent N2K. What ll we be getting on twitter that ll warrant payment when other tech rivals are doing free?
Is twitter better than Facebook?
Elon Musk, you yeye don dey smell.

Don't mind him. I was actually looking for a sensible comment. That is why Mark is always ahead of all of them.

Government agencies can post on their FB page for free,but I have to pay on Twitter. Even government agencies will dump the app ASAP.

Mark has made his apps all free except for targeted advert. Infact on WhatsApp you even advertise for free. Easy to use and understand That is why Whatsapp and FB are still the number 1 social media outlets in the world.

Like I told a friend years ago about WhatsApp and how it will take over the world while he said Noo,he does not like WhatsApp he prefers this blackberry messaging app have forgotten the name now. We all can see the one still in vogue till date.

Yet Mark makes bastard money year in,year out.

I am happy I am not even on Twitter. You see what will come out of it in some years time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by BigYash: 9:52am On May 04, 2022
Lemmy123:
I saw this tweet this morning. I think he should take Daniel Regha's advice, even tho Daniel head dey overheat sometimes grin
I no just know where that boy come from o. His matter too tirt grin
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Brushstrokes20: 9:54am On May 04, 2022
Awesome! The hungry hunter is about to be hunted!
rather than pay tax, Elon is about to tax lai and Mr lifeless! undecided undecided
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by bmdmix10: 9:57am On May 04, 2022
People here just saying nice move good idea.

Its just plain stupid, d govt he is tasking will just task him more.

If twitter was charging it won't b worth billions.

Not all biz idea he makes end up, remember his ugly truck!?

First bad move, he should make advert accessible on a click n see how much he will make, unlike fb google n insta advert that feels like finding gold, jeez.
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by appliedscience(m): 9:57am On May 04, 2022
olaboy33:
Well, it appears Jack and Elon have different ideologies on the usage of Twitter.

My concern is, after commercials and government pay for usage, would there still be restrictions on what can be posted on twitter
Certainly!!
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Lebee4(m): 9:58am On May 04, 2022
Lemmy123:
I saw this tweet this morning. I think he should take Daniel Regha's advice, even tho Daniel head dey overheat sometimes grin

All of una wey dey yab Regha don turn the guy to celebrity and Twitter will soon verify the guy account.
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Winning123: 10:03am On May 04, 2022
Buhari is your nemesis and all those who click likes for you

feckos:
Wow...this man has sense.

Now people like Buhari that are not adding value to any person, thing or business will not reap where they haven't sown.
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by seyoops4u: 10:04am On May 04, 2022
NEVER in your LIFE TIME tell me this
Cognitivereason:

since u no get sense..

If you want to be rude, you can channel that to your family members.

Back to the point...
You can't tell business owners how to run their business... If you can't pay for the service rendered, you uninstall it and look for alternative(s) or better still, build your own App, shikena
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:05am On May 04, 2022
Mko123:
Commercialize everything and see the way Africans will drop the shit of as if it's leprosy.

courses
You that pass your entrepreneurship course, what have you achieved? Awoof de run belle
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Saintofmelody74(m): 10:07am On May 04, 2022
[quote author=Mko123 post=112506747]Commercialize everything and see the way Africans will drop the shit of as if it's leprosy.

courses
[/quote
He is a billionaire
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by OscarJaden(m): 10:07am On May 04, 2022
Then Nigeria government will budget 20 billion for using Twitter
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by 989900: 10:09am On May 04, 2022
We would watch as this pans out.
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Maxymilliano(m): 10:20am On May 04, 2022
No crime in that since it is mainly addressing those that uses the platform for expanding businesses but the pay must be considerate.
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Samdelzon(m): 10:33am On May 04, 2022
Wetin go come happen now if Elon Musk say make payment be in crypto?
Wetin our Government, CBN and commercial banks go do??
Just thinking o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by koolaid87: 10:35am On May 04, 2022
With what currency??

DOGE!
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:39am On May 04, 2022
Rebelutionary:

With or without the Nigerian government ban, twitter has always posted losses year on year except 2018 and 2019...lets learn to read devoid of emotions/politics - Read https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/can-twitter-with-losses-for-past-2-years-become-profitable-under-musk-101651049517513.html

Who are you giving your advice to? Am I the one who said Twitter was losing revenue due to the ban?
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Nobody: 10:39am On May 04, 2022
Heathrow44:
I knew it would come to this, None of elon musk services has been useful to Nigerians, PayPal, SpaceX, Boring, Tesla, Sprint, And now twitter is being monetized, Abeg Jack Dorsey should buy back twitter we were better off under Jack than this idiot ! Monetizing twitter is going to be like Netflix subscription and PayPal u can never use in nigeria, And if u think elon musk is not going to extend this pay per service to his "causal users like me and u, then u re dreaming! he has to get back $44Bn he bought it for I believe in Jack dorsey`s concept of twitter! since elon musk toke over, u can't sign in as a new user into twitter, keeps telling you "sorry the code can't be sent to your phone "

Why do Nigerians like to get everything for free?
Same way you people hate paying taxes but want Nigeria to look like El dorado.
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by southking92(m): 10:39am On May 04, 2022
who can expantiate on dis undecided“Ultimately, the downfall of the Freemasons was giving away their stonecutting services for nothing.”
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Nobody: 10:42am On May 04, 2022
Angel55555:

Why can't you use Netflix in Nigeria?

do u use Netflix real account? or hacked one?
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Nobody: 10:43am On May 04, 2022
Elder0001:

the problem is not paying, the problem is the subscription may be limited, as a Nigerian u may not be able to access twitter and pay for tweets with ur credit card, thats how u can't buy app on Google playstore with ur Nigerian debit card
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Nobody: 10:47am On May 04, 2022
Heathrow44:

the problem is not paying, the problem is the subscription may be limited, as a Nigerian u may not be able to access twitter and pay for tweets with ur credit card, thats how u can't buy app on Google playstore with ur Nigerian debit card

Google playstore.. I tried to link my card to it the other day so I can pay for stuff on a certain app but I got a message that my bank(AccessBank) declined the linking, something like that.. I was planning to go and collect atm card for my uba account so that I can try it again.
So, it's a general something? Like you can't link/buy anything irrespective of the bank?
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Nobody: 10:49am On May 04, 2022
Elder0001:

Google playstore.. I tried to link my card to it the other day so I can pay for stuff on a certain app but I got a message that my bank(AccessBank) declined the linking, something like that.. I was planning to go and collect atm card for my uba account so that I can try it again.
So, it's a general something? Like you can't link/buy anything irrespective of the bank?

YES! it doesn't accept Nigerian debit card for in app purchases or to pay an app on Google play store
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by snoopz: 10:53am On May 04, 2022
General buhari and Lai mímú no go like this one o
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by maasoap(m): 10:59am On May 04, 2022
Segunaja:
Business thrives when family and friends pay their dues. Twitter is not an NGO

But you never remember this until Elon made the announcement? Lol.
The same way they mumusly supported Jonathan to privatise power sector. Today, no improvement in electricity supply but I'm paying 64 naira per unit as against 4 naira per unit back in the days
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Nobody: 11:04am On May 04, 2022
Heathrow44:

YES! it doesn't accept Nigerian debit card for in app purchases or to pay an app on Google play store

Very sad situation. Things like this are probably because of the dubious records of Nigerians globally. I'm sure South Africans don't experience things like this on Google playstore and PayPal.
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by maasoap(m): 11:04am On May 04, 2022
Elder0001:

Of all the points he raised in his post, this is the best way you could respond to him but look at your next post below ranting about one of the problems he mentioned in his post. Lol

Elder0001:

Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by Kelvin3476: 11:09am On May 04, 2022
feckos:
Wow...this man has sense.

Now people like Buhari that are not adding value to any person, thing or business will not reap where they haven't sown.
OGA THIS VAWULENCE IS TOO LOUD
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by maasoap(m): 11:09am On May 04, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:
So instead of paying tax, guy man wan tax Nigeria govt.

Bubu in the mud

But zombies said Twitter lost revenue during the ban through loss of income from govt and commercial users.

Aye gbogbo awon zombie yii o ni da

Bere lati ori Iya ati baba ti o bi e
Re: Elon Musk: Commercial, Government Users To Pay For Twitter by maasoap(m): 11:14am On May 04, 2022
rippa:

Twitter is better than Facebook sir.
It's a welcome development
Since useless govts like ours are forcing Twitter to start paying taxes, let them pay too for using it

Not in Nigeria, majority of Nigeria are on Facebook and will choose Facebook ahead of twitter. No way you have Facebook app or browser on your phone and you don't check your Facebook profile on daily basis. But twitter, even me that has its app rarely check it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

OPPO Mobile Discussion Thread / Infinix Hot 10 Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) / How To Add Handler Interface To Any App - Handler Ui Embedder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.