Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Proposed Meeting Of SW Presidential Aspirants: Unnecessary Post Mortem - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Proposed Meeting Of SW Presidential Aspirants: Unnecessary Post Mortem (963 Views)

SW APC Presidential Aspirants: Analysis Of Candidates’ Strength And Weaknesses / Dankaka Blow Hot, Chides Hon. Femi Agbaje And Hon. Tijani Over Unnecessary Visit / Apology For Unnecessary Downtime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Proposed Meeting Of SW Presidential Aspirants: Unnecessary Post Mortem by CityMirror: 10:38am On May 04, 2022
In the course of my research on political thoughts and theories, especially with regards to governance and inclusive leadership, I considered a postulation of a political thinker most appropriate as template for pragmatic leadership, predicated on justice and equity.

The thinker posited :" The greatest quality of good leadership is ability to recognise problem before it becomes an emergency".

Reading a news story on the proposed meeting of South West presidential aspirants in Lagos, at the instance of 'APC leaders' in the zone, slated for Friday, May 6, I inadvertently echoed three words simultaneously: ''Post mortem, Jamboree, chicanery".

Coming to reality with the news story in my full alertness, I began to probe some past political developments rather rhetorically, and later concluded with conviction that truly, the proposed meeting is medicine after death, efforts in futility and deceptive in content.

I quickly recalled the dangerous silence and pretence of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu's friends, both Aremo Olusegun Osoba and Baba Bisi Akande, when the former Lagos State Governor was sowing seed of discord across the South West zone and beyond, as a result of his political hegemony induced by self aggrandizement.

An instance was the aberration perpetrated in Ondo State against Governor Akeredolu by Tinubu and his foot soldiers, sponsoring an opposition party against APC.

Also, the crisis that rocked Edo State APC, which eventually made the party to lose power to the PDP was solely orchestrated by Tinubu and his cohorts.

Last but not the least, was the conspiracy and manipulation spearheaded by Asiwaju in Ogun State, which resulted to large scale acrimony among APC members in the State and eventually led to the emergence of the present Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun.

In all these, the so-called APC leaders in the zone maintained a dangerous silence and looked the other way, pretending as if nothing was happening.

It is now, when those events refused to go into the dustbin of history and steadily raising his ugly heads against the ambition of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu that 'our leaders' considered it necessary to call a meeting for possible amelioration. They indeed deserve an applause.

Strictly speaking, the best analogy for the proposed meeting is a court where fowl is the presiding judge with chick as respondent and cockroach as plaintiff. Obviously, justice will become a mirage.

In conclusion, none of the aspirants should attend such a meeting, it is instructive that a convergence of that nature at this time is unnecessary and dangerous.

Since the notion behind the proposed meeting is deceptive and self-centered, it is not safe for these aspirants, especially a personality like Vice-president Yemi Osinbajo.

At most, instead of physical meeting, the proponents of this meeting should make it virtual through Zoom, that is, if they consider it a must to hold.

Read Details here: http://citymirrornews.com/news/2022/04/proposed-meeting-of-sw-presidential-aspirants-unnecessary-post-mortem-by-ibrahim-adesoga/

1 Like

Re: Proposed Meeting Of SW Presidential Aspirants: Unnecessary Post Mortem by Kdon2: 10:51am On May 04, 2022
CityMirror:
In the course of my research on political thoughts and theories, especially with regards to governance and inclusive leadership, I considered a postulation of a political thinker most appropriate as template for pragmatic leadership, predicated on justice and equity.

The thinker posited :" The greatest quality of good leadership is ability to recognise problem before it becomes an emergency".

Reading a news story on the proposed meeting of South West presidential aspirants in Lagos, at the instance of 'APC leaders' in the zone, slated for Friday, May 6, I inadvertently echoed three words simultaneously: ''Post mortem, Jamboree, chicanery".

Coming to reality with the news story in my full alertness, I began to probe some past political developments rather rhetorically, and later concluded with conviction that truly, the proposed meeting is medicine after death, efforts in futility and deceptive in content.

I quickly recalled the dangerous silence and pretence of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu's friends, both Aremo Olusegun Osoba and Baba Bisi Akande, when the former Lagos State Governor was sowing seed of discord across the South West zone and beyond, as a result of his political hegemony induced by self aggrandizement.

An instance was the aberration perpetrated in Ondo State against Governor Akeredolu by Tinubu and his foot soldiers, sponsoring an opposition party against APC.

Also, the crisis that rocked Edo State APC, which eventually made the party to lose power to the PDP was solely orchestrated by Tinubu and his cohorts.

Last but not the least, was the conspiracy and manipulation spearheaded by Asiwaju in Ogun State, which resulted to large scale acrimony among APC members in the State and eventually led to the emergence of the present Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun.

In all these, the so-called APC leaders in the zone maintained a dangerous silence and looked the other way, pretending as if nothing was happening.

It is now, when those events refused to go into the dustbin of history and steadily raising his ugly heads against the ambition of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu that 'our leaders' considered it necessary to call a meeting for possible amelioration. They indeed deserve an applause.

Strictly speaking, the best analogy for the proposed meeting is a court where fowl is the presiding judge with chick as respondent and cockroach as plaintiff. Obviously, justice will become a mirage.

In conclusion, none of the aspirants should attend such a meeting, it is instructive that a convergence of that nature at this time is unnecessary and dangerous.

Since the notion behind the proposed meeting is deceptive and self-centered, it is not safe for these aspirants, especially a personality like Vice-president Yemi Osinbajo.

At most, instead of physical meeting, the proponents of this meeting should make it virtual through Zoom, that is, if they consider it a must to hold.

Read Details here: http://citymirrornews.com/news/2022/04/proposed-meeting-of-sw-presidential-aspirants-unnecessary-post-mortem-by-ibrahim-adesoga/

On point
Re: Proposed Meeting Of SW Presidential Aspirants: Unnecessary Post Mortem by LordIsaac(m): 11:31am On May 04, 2022
Hmmmm....God bless Osinbajo.

(1) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu Was Used By Jagaban ,she Is Mole / New Member Ahmadi! / Solitaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.