Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering (24955 Views)

Mummy Has Calmed Down And Boy Is Smiling In Short Interview After / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) / My Handsome Boy Is A Year Old Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by guru03(m): 6:02pm On May 04, 2022
Hello Professional Health workers in the house, Mt two year old son who is learning to talk is stammering, please I need help on that. Moderator please post it to front page.
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 04, 2022
Ebubu:
he is possessed
What kind of mumu assumption is this?
Stop the vile words abeg.

237 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by dawnomike(m): 6:04pm On May 04, 2022
guru03:
Hello Professional Health workers in the house, Mt two year old son who is learning to talk is stammering, please I need help on that. Moderator please post it to front page.
Do not pressure him unnecessarily... Start speech therapy for him early as he grows.
You both will be all fine

152 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 04, 2022
As someone up there Said,you should take your child to a speech language pathologist for speech therapy,Stammering can be overcome.

Also take your child to see a neurologist to determine the source of the stuttering.
Peace.

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Mindlog: 6:04pm On May 04, 2022
Ebubu:
he is possessed

Possessed by who/what?

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Sndfrank: 6:08pm On May 04, 2022
Caution and correct him, I think with time he will stop.

10 Likes

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Mindlog: 6:08pm On May 04, 2022
It is known as developmental stuttering, some kids outgrow it while some, don't.

To be on the safer side, seek the intervention of a Speech-language therapist.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Dollywood(m): 6:14pm On May 04, 2022
Ebubu:
he is possessed

Oh my goodness cheesy

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Dollywood(m): 6:15pm On May 04, 2022
There's nothing wrong with him. Give the little man a break.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by InnoBest188(m): 6:17pm On May 04, 2022
Omor men

Nothing bad if you born stammerer na wink

6 Likes

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by care4you: 6:18pm On May 04, 2022
He's not the first nor the last to stammer

So,

I declare this topic null and void

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by YeyeGbami: 6:19pm On May 04, 2022
Ebubu:
he is possessed

94 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by guru03(m): 7:21pm On May 04, 2022
Chiefbutcher007:

What kind of mumu assumption is this?
Stop the vile words abeg.

thank you for cautioning the Id** I hope himself will have evil follow him for the rest of his life.

9 Likes

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 04, 2022
guru03:

thank you for cautioning the Id** I hope himself will have evil follow him for the rest of his life.
Abeg no reason am, he's being stvvpid.

12 Likes

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by DukeofUmueri247: 8:50pm On May 04, 2022
Ebubu:
he is possessed
By your ancestors I guess?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by DontBullshitMe: 6:50am On May 05, 2022
Consult a speech therapist.

If you need an internet user to tell you what to do in this instance, I doubt you are fit to be called a parent.

5 Likes

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Aforxzy(f): 8:28am On May 05, 2022
He's a child that's still learning how to speak and could probably be imitating someone that stammers.

Please correct him immediately and tell him not to rush his words while speaking. He might also outgrow it as he grows older.

You can take him to a speech therapists if you are so bothered.

5 Likes

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Omotakins(m): 12:27pm On May 05, 2022
Sndfrank:
Caution and correct him, I think with time he will stop.
I will suggest you do this, please. My 9-yr old son was stammering when he started talking. Myself and wife ensured we cautioned him by stopping him each time he stammered and asking him to start his narration all over again in a calm way. With time, he overcame stammering.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by frozen70(f): 1:10pm On May 05, 2022
guru03:

First of all, check if it runs in both parents family

Secondly, teach him how to talk slowly and picking words one by one

Lastly when you hear him stammer while talking, caution him immediately then remind him to talk slowly

20 Likes

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by frozen70(f): 1:11pm On May 05, 2022
Ebubu:
he is possessed

You are a nuisance who doesn't know anything about child care and parenting

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by ChoCho54(f): 2:37pm On May 05, 2022
Omotakins:
I will suggest you do this, please. My 9-yr old son was stammering when he started talking. Myself and wife ensured we cautioned him by stopping him each time he stammered and asking him to start his narration all over again in a calm way. With time, he overcame stammering.
Wow! Awesome.

Op you have everything you need already on this thread. Go home and try them and good luck.

5 Likes

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Richy4(m): 2:43pm On May 05, 2022
A little bit of heads up OP..

The only problem he will be having is how to manage his anger as time goes on...

When he gets provoked, he will fight dirty..his strength will be in his hands because talking will fall him...

When asked to explain what happened, he will cry instead of explaining what happened.. because people might not have the patient to listen to him.. even though he beats the sh!t out of the opponent...

Take him to a speech therapist if possible but please don't treat it like it was a disease.. he will be fine..

11 Likes

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Ezedon(m): 10:08pm On May 05, 2022
Give him beer

2 Likes

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by starbuck(f): 10:08pm On May 05, 2022
I am a chronic stammerer and my 4 kids all stutters and nothing has been wrong with us..

I have already controlled mine now as an adult.. So for your kid, allow him to express himself without making him or let anyone feel less because na that thing dey pain us

28 Likes

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by boolet: 10:09pm On May 05, 2022
The child will be fine. If you can afford a speech therapist, consult one.

2 Likes

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Realestatevixen: 10:09pm On May 05, 2022
Pele... does it run in the family. It might be too early though to conclusively say he is stammering. I say this because many years ago, we had this neighbour with a 2 year old son who appeared to be stammering when he talked. We all just assumed he would stammer because his uncle(Dad's younger brother) who stayed with them was a very serious stammerer.

By age 3+, this boy was talking fluently. Apparently he was just learning how to talk and put his speech together. So you see, your son might still just still be at this stage of trying to put his words together.

I wish you all the best

I am giving out 5 plots of 500sqm piece of land @ N2.5m each. Original price is 7m.

Only 5 plots are available for this massive Ramadan price slash.

Seman metropolis estate Lugbe Abuja is located behind Dunamis Glory Dome, and beside River park estate, along airport road Abuja. This is a once in a life time opportunity.

Please call 080 3651 9974 now!!!

8 Likes

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by GdexFolami(m): 10:09pm On May 05, 2022
Medical opinion: Take him to a speech therapist to improve his speech and don’t worsen his situation by being too hard on him.

Random opinion: people that stutter are actually great people.

6 Likes

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by abc115: 10:10pm On May 05, 2022
guru03:
It is normal...let him grow in love and not pity

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single / Sacked Banker’s Wife Gives Birth To Triplets In Kano - Punch / How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.