Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering (24971 Views)

Mummy Has Calmed Down And Boy Is Smiling In Short Interview After / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) / My Handsome Boy Is A Year Old Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by MoIbrahim: 6:44am On May 06, 2022
guru03:
Hello Professional Health workers in the house, Mt two year old son who is learning to talk is stammering, please I need help on that. Moderator please post it to front page.

Please remove any cause of anxiety in him, whether at school or at home. He must never be intimidated by anyone or anything. If he is stammering, don't draw attention to it by correcting or helping him, but act like nothing has happened. Please do not involve the child on the problem or management so that he/she does not become more anxious.

Finally, make the time to take him to a child psychologist.

I was a stammered, but it has disappeared with personal management, unless when I am angry 100%.

1 Like

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Bahamas95(m): 6:46am On May 06, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
Consult a speech therapist.

If you need an internet user to tell you what to do in this instance, I doubt you are fit to be called a parent.
Who are the internet users? Can't you find professionals there?

Nobody knows everything, even a doctor would need the help of a bricklayer someday..... You're saying he should consult a speech therapist. Do you even know if he knows who a speech therapist is? cheesy
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by dalass(f): 6:53am On May 06, 2022
guru03:
Hello Professional Health workers in the house, Mt two year old son who is learning to talk is stammering, please I need help on that. Moderator please post it to front page.

Check his friends, playmates or classmates. He's probably copying someone. Take him away from such, correct him gently but firmly when he stammers, let him be confident of himself, don't be too worried... He's still small.

Wish him a great life wink

1 Like

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by HERITAGEFASHION(m): 6:57am On May 06, 2022
There are a lot of very sound and positive advice and information you can get on the internet as a parent today. All you need is to filter the ones you don't need. Blessings!
DontBullshitMe:

If you need an internet user to tell you what to do in this instance, I doubt you are fit to be called a parent.
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Ken4Christ: 7:45am On May 06, 2022
Chiefbutcher007:

What kind of mumu assumption is this?
Stop the vile words abeg.

Ebubu, that was too harsh. It's better to say it might be a spiritual problem.

It is true that stammering can be caused by the presence of a spirit. And if it's the case, take the child for deliverance.
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Das1mama: 7:57am On May 06, 2022
guru03:
u don't need to worry cos am also a victim, stammerers are of two types. 1, an inbuilt stammerer and an acquired stammerer. The first one are born with it while the other learnt it either from a close relative, friends etc. So which does your son fall into?
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Jamoojazzy(m): 7:59am On May 06, 2022
So people are just stupid �
Someone is asking for Advice and all you could do is to make him feel bad. If you don't have anything to offer atleast you close your dirty mouth.
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Gee64: 8:05am On May 06, 2022
Probably speaking in tongues. Please don't kill that spiritual gift oh. He may eventually open his own church and make plenty money like other pastors do. grin
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Kimiso(m): 8:18am On May 06, 2022
guru03:
am also a stammerer and it has no cure, it's for life unless he managed how to control it to avoid been embarrassed
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by OCHKESTINE(m): 8:22am On May 06, 2022
I stuttered also when I was a kid, but outgrew it deliberately.
I learned to speak slower and construct my sentences in the mind before speaking.

Though still stutter when I'm angry but as soon as I calm down, it's gone.

Your child will be fine. Just teach him how to speak calmer.

1 Like

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by SoapQueen(f): 8:37am On May 06, 2022
guru03:

I don't think it's that deep. He will outgrow it. Please, allow him be a baby and develop as he should.
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by caketake3: 8:46am On May 06, 2022
I used to stammer growing up but now it's reduced so much that I told a friend recently and she couldn't believe it.
My advice is to encourage him to speak. Cheer him up. Depending on his environment, he may be mocked by people and this is where you stand to be his confidant and build his confidence.
Be patient with him as he speaks. I noticed stammering increases when I'm in a hurry to speak. Teach him to speak slowly. To take a deep breath before speaking. Never to force himself to speak when he is finding it difficult to pronounce word.

1 Like

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by caketake3: 8:47am On May 06, 2022
OCHKESTINE:
I stuttered also when I was a kid, but outgrew it deliberately.
I learned to speak slower and construct my sentences in the mind before speaking.

Though still stutter when I'm angry but as soon as I calm down, it's gone.

Your child will be fine. Just teach him how to speak calmer.

I learnt this too. It helped me in anger management. I just walk away

2 Likes

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Rapsowdee01(m): 8:47am On May 06, 2022
I was a stammerer growing up as well. It naturally went when I was about 3/4 years old according to what my parents told me.
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Jossybj1984(m): 8:50am On May 06, 2022
Chat me up on this 08065058773. It doesn't cost you a dine
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Anufemeki: 8:52am On May 06, 2022
You don't need to panic about it,he will stop.It us just a phase and it will pass. They all do stammer at that age.My son did and my 2 year old daughter is stammering now but as she begins to out sentences together it is stopping . They have so much in their minds at the same time and trying trying say them all makes them stammer.

quote author=guru03 post=112521833]Hello Professional Health workers in the house, Mt two year old son who is learning to talk is stammering, please I need help on that. Moderator please post it to front page.[/quote]
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Kamland: 9:03am On May 06, 2022
This is exactly what I did for my son and today we are all happy.
Sndfrank:
Caution and correct him, I think with time he will stop.
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by InnoBest188(m): 9:11am On May 06, 2022
Allisgud:
what are u saying,imagine ur president is a stamerer

Omor men wink
Shey him better pass stammere ni?

Him own even pass stammere gan,,him own na shock him dey always shock

1 Like

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Lucas4903: 9:14am On May 06, 2022
guru03:

They all do that when they start to talk because of lack of adequate vocabulary in the language of expression. However, if their pause or stammer is causing you discomfort, u have to stop them from stammering except if the child is a clear cut stammerer. If not stop them, show ur displeasure and help them with their vocab.
You should be fine.
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Coolgent(m): 9:20am On May 06, 2022
guru03:
Are you living with someone that's stammering?
If yes, then stop him from associating with him for now.
If No then search Quora you will get tons of advice
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Coolgent(m): 9:21am On May 06, 2022
guru03:
Are you living with someone that's stammering?
If yes, then stop him from associating with him for now.
If No then give him time and search Quora you will get tons of advice
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by snipernigga(m): 9:35am On May 06, 2022
He will be alright as he grows, it happened to my daughter but she outgrew it.
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Gee64: 9:43am On May 06, 2022
NO MORE COMMENTS PLEASE!

THIS OP HAS HAD ENOUGH....BOTH PROFESSIONAL AND BAD BELLE ADVISERS HAVE SAID IT ALL.

IN SUMMARY, THE THING RUNS IN FAMILY OR HE WILL OVERCOME IT WITH TIME.

But did I once say he has the spiritual gift of talking in tongues?
If I said that, then, I'm sorry. It was a slip of the keyboard. You know how some keyboards misbehave at times. The other day I wanted to type: Tonto Dike, it wrote instead: Towtow Dick! grin
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by princepalace: 9:47am On May 06, 2022
SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN A STAMMERER BEFORE STANDS IN A BETTER CHANCE TO ADVICE THE OP ON HOW HE OR SHE OVERCOME THE SITUATION. FIRST OF ALL, THE OP SHOULD EXAMINE THE UNDERNEATH TONGUE OF THE TODDLER. THE OP SHOULD CHECK IF THE LAYER CONNECTING THE TONGUE TO THE DOWN DOESNT ALLOW THE TONGUE TO BE PROPERLY RAISED UP, THEN THAT IS THE CAUSE, THE OP SHOULD TAKE THE CHILD TO ANY COMPETENT HOSPITAL TO BE CUT DOWN. BUT IF THE LAYER CONNECTING THE TONGUE TO THE DOWN PART IS NORMAL, THEN THE OP SHOULD RELAX, WITH TIME THE CHILD WILL OVERCOME IT
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by bigtt76(f): 9:49am On May 06, 2022
Teach him to speak calmly ...take the words slowly and one after the other. Don't admonish him or rush him into speaking. Always be attentive even when he's stuttering so he doesn't start feeling depressed at other people's frustration listening to him.

guru03:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by ledaman: 9:54am On May 06, 2022
Don't give you self headache about it my two boys did the same at the same age. He would stop it gradually. And Don't shout @ him to pronounce words by force. He would outgrown it.
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by ledaman: 9:56am On May 06, 2022
GdexFolami:
Medical opinion: Take him to a speech therapist to improve his speech and don’t worsen his situation by being too hard on him.

Random opinion: people that stutter are actually great people.
The child doesn't need any medical personnel. My two boys experienced such @ that age. It faded away gradually.
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by ackifemmy(m): 10:00am On May 06, 2022
For landed properties at very reasonable prices in Abeokuta Ogun State.

- Great Security
- Decent phcn power (at least 10 hours daily)
- Nearness to social facilities like shopping malls, supermarkets, nice relaxation spots etc
- Non-swampy or prone to flooding.
- No hold up and peaceful city .
- Few minutes drive from Lagos State.
- Perfect documents etc call us at.
BESTLINK ESTATE FIRM 2347034838185 23408159064121
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Exceed15: 10:09am On May 06, 2022
Stop it! There is nothing wrong with the innocent child.
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by Xcelinteriors(f): 10:23am On May 06, 2022
My older son was stammering when he was 2years old till he was 5. Anytime he stammer, I will tell him to calm down and start from the beginning till he stopped stammering completely. Now he talk so smartly and even represebt his school in debates. He's 11 now smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by BinamRex: 10:26am On May 06, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

Do we have speech therapists in Nigeria? If you can't help don't accuse the poster of not being a good parent.
Re: My Two Year Old Boy Is Stammering by BinamRex: 10:27am On May 06, 2022
Xcelinteriors:
My older son was stammering when he was 2years old till he was 5. Anytime he stammer, I will tell him to calm down and start from the beginning till he stopped stammering completely. Now he talk so smartly and even represebt his school in debates. He's 11 now smiley

Some kids grow out of it, but some don't.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? / 63-year-old Woman Welcomes First Child / Genotype Has Kept Some Of Us Single

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.