Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? (19917 Views)

Poll: CAN YOU MARRY A S GENOTYPE IF YOU ARE A S?

YES WE MIGHT BE LUCKY: 24% (32 votes)
NO CANNOT TAKE THE RISK: 75% (98 votes)
This poll has ended

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / How I Ended Up Marrying The Lady I Met On Facebook / 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by mbulela: 11:02am On Jul 12, 2011
Yes i can marry someone of same genotype.
Will do a vasectomy or she ties her tubes before marriage and we will adopt.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Bialegend(m): 11:07am On Jul 12, 2011
Ok again, (posted earlier above) have any person in here considered advising this guy on depending on Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) or (Amniocentesis) tests to determine the genotype of their yet unborn baby and then follow up with the decision of aborting or not? I think there are few hospitals in Nigeria that carries out this tests, though it's quite expensive for the ordinary folks.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by DaDoctor: 11:11am On Jul 12, 2011
, far too expensive and can be done when conception has occurred right?
we are talking of pre marital risk here
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 12, 2011
Why is it that only in 9ja do pple care about this Geno crap of a thing,
does it mean that 9jarians are more educated than others or does it
mean that almost all 9jarians has the same genotype.

I'v not heard of this issue in any of the every country that I'v been.
I know that it is a serious issue that 9jerians,But why. shocked cool
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by jidabod(m): 11:38am On Jul 12, 2011
euromilion:

I know that it is a serious issue that 9jerians,But why. shocked cool
[The question is would YOU marry him/her despite the genotype ish. Leave (9jarians out of the discussion/quote]
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by hotestlegs: 11:58am On Jul 12, 2011
First thing first is, How far to you want your love to carry U How much PAIN can ur love bear? How much selfishness can ur LOVE produce?
I am 100% a sickler, Am 34yrs old, female & single, In d past yrs of my life, 4 evrytim i av landed in any hospital(& u reli dnt wnt 2 kno how many tims dt is), 4 evrytin am deprived of attendin on function or d other, 4 evrytim i cant go where others ar goin or do wat others ar doin, 4 evrytim i or anyone has 2 spend money dy either dnt av or cant afford just 2 buy me pain relief, I Tell God Dres no amount of LOVE i can feel 4 a MAN dt wld mak me put my child tru wat i av bin tru, So its a choice u av 2 mak, first, i'll encourage u 2 go 2 LUTH on a Monday & attend d sickle cell clinic or even go opposite any day of d week & visit d sickle cell center dre, Wat u c is wat u get, IT nids no preaching, Have a talk with one or two parents on dir experience,
You can mak ur decision after dt, U dnt nid anyones advice.
If i find dt type of love & we ar bold enough, we can marry & simply go to SOS 2 adopt a child, but dt i shd bring anothe one of me into dis world dt is wickness dt shd b purnishable by even God,
I rest my case,
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Efehiaea(f): 12:05pm On Jul 12, 2011
Even a priest will not wed u guyzEven a priest will not wed u guyz cry
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by sholasys: 12:07pm On Jul 12, 2011
I am posting this, not to encourage the Poster but a Testimony to the Glory of GOD. Six month to our wedding i discovered am AS meanwhile my fiancée (wife now) had told me right from unset that she is AS, we courted for 8yrs. I tot i was AA bc i did the test during secondary sch days early 90s. We love each other and decided to go ahead and we married. I cant count my fasting, most especially during the last month, all the 30day of the ninth month i was fasting and praying to GOD, rejecting SS child,  to cut the story shut my first (child) son is AS. Am expecting another very soon,  And I know God will do it again. I went Ahead to marry her bc she is the best woman in d word. I can never never loose her bc of genotype. I told God If it will take me to fast for the whole 9month to avoid SS child, i am ready. I did not quote scripture bc i don't want to sound spiritual here. But My friend. u need FAITH FAITH and FAITH, It works. And as long as u are ever faithful to your wife, forget it, its a done deal. we plan to hav 2 kids. so decide bro
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by chylind5: 12:12pm On Jul 12, 2011
When i wanted to get married, i was so much in love with my husband and i asked him is genotype and he knowing that am AS told me that he too was AS. i was scared and he told me we can get married even though we are both AS not knowing that he secretly did his and he is AA. we did the trad marriage that thought came to my head again that was wen he told me that he is AA. I went ahead and married him even the time he told me that he is AS. I believe in Love.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by hotestlegs: 12:17pm On Jul 12, 2011
I forgot,

@ euromillion, its not a Nija ting, but just more obvious here & Africa a whole, basically cus of Bad Medical care, also, most places (Advanced countries) av bin wise enough 2 b wise in lovin dt dy stopped producin wat we were initially calling "Abiku", so yes its talked about more now, so we can reach where other nations av reached already, It can go into extinction, wink

So please, Nigerians go do a test, U might b saving a beautiful child a lot of pain u cant help in bearing,

Also 4 d medically advanced persons wit d option of selective abortion, Am sure u kno dt is Murder, Why put urself tru d tourture of Killing when u can aviod creating in d first place, He who kills by d sword, Thou shall not kill, Theres a reason why d Nija/African culture is keepin us sane, we dont want 2 get 2 dt level dt d "advanced" countries are wishing dt dis cup wld pass over dem,
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by MMM2(m): 12:20pm On Jul 12, 2011
nope angry
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by DaDoctor: 12:37pm On Jul 12, 2011
^^Oke soro ngwere ma nmiri ,ahu kuo ngwere onakolanu oke?^^

If the rat goes on a swim with the lizard, when the lizard gets dried up, will the rat be dry?^^

THE RISKS ARE ENORMOUS!!! IT MAY NOT BE WORTH IT!!
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Pelummy(f): 1:17pm On Jul 12, 2011
no way
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by juman(m): 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2011
No
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 12, 2011
Da Doctor:

@sexkillz,

Miracles abound in medicine but we dont advice you take a trial cos luck may run out on you!

[color=#770077] This is ALL i wanted to hear from You! Now you are talking!. . . Me and you? We always disagree to Agree!
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by ogospec(f): 2:26pm On Jul 12, 2011
do not tempt the Lord your God, my answer is capita NO, except if you are very sure that God spoke to both of you and that you are very sure[color=#990000][/color].
please love is not foolish, love is understanding.

1 Like

Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Sike(m): 2:31pm On Jul 12, 2011
UndisputateD 'NO'!!
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Roland17(m): 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2011
Don't even dare it, the future of the relationship is very bleak if u want to have kids, it not fun watching SS kids, its emotionally tormenting, except u plan not to have kids, u can adopt a baby.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 12, 2011
which kind love that can make me destroy my future!
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by shaibu123: 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2011
In Nigeria,I'll say no because there is no medical facility to look after people with SCD.But in western world I'll say yes,the reason is that you can before 12weeks of pregnant test the unborn baby for genetically or any disorder disease,if the result says positive you have a choice either to abort the baby or to keep it. And again, SCD can be cured by bone marrow transplant.These days in the Western world people with SCD gets a good medical treatment because the disease is diagnose at early stage and the child is placed on antibiotics and strong blood tonics.They can live a normal life like any other person.
Because of poverty and lack of medical facility in Nigeria it will be difficult for a child with SCD to live a normal life,And also the weather in Nigeria is not good for a sicklier.Constant sunshine,mosquitoes,malaria and all kind of sickness contributes to frequent crisis if you are a sicklier.
My advice is always consult your doctor before anything and try to make a search into SCD.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by tungstin: 3:24pm On Jul 12, 2011
I bet you don't want to even think about it. its not worth it at all cos the luv that seems to be d driving force would not think twice before jumping out the window once the crisis begin. Except you are100% certain that it is God's divine purpose for ur life, i advice you dnt tread that path cos it has nothing to offer but pain. A word is enuff for d wyse.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by femi4love(m): 3:36pm On Jul 12, 2011
Lost 3 of my siblings to Sickle Cell (2 Boys and 1 girl) all these between 1974 and 1982. You may not believe it, but being the 1st born of the family and having bonded well with them, I'm yet to get over it. When I see the two words "Sickle Cell" my heart starts to race.

Please think and PRAY very well before you go into it. I know a family where both Dad and Mum are AS, but non of their 4 children is SS. The best is to avoid it, except you hear expressly from God to go ahead.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by WhyAWhy(m): 3:55pm On Jul 12, 2011
If I attend a wedding and know that both of them are AS, I might stand for the part they say "If anyone has a reason why this two, "

I need to go confirm my own sef, one of my siblings turned out to be AS and we had lived all our lives believing what our parents told us about their status being AA

For me,if I turn out to be AS, I can't marry anyone with an "S" in hers, if you've lived with an SS before, you would lock up anyone who tries it behind bars angry
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by duduspace(m): 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2011
A lot of ignorance being spewed on here and it shows most people do not really have true love in their lives.

1. You don't need to have children to be happy or else all the impotent and barren people would be swimming in the atlantic.
2. Its got to do with probabilities and not set in stone that two people with AS genotypes will give birth to SS offsprings.
3. The medical profession advances daily and new treatments are being developed.
4. There are other genetic defects in individuals that might not be immediately apparent and is not testable like Genotypes but with the potential to be even more debilitating. Who knows if that AA person yu're going to marry carries such a defective gene?  undecided

Atimes in trying to solve one problem, we human beings create even greater problems, it is sad to see what most people are advocating here, it might not actually even be in the best interest of humanity to eradicate the sickle cell mutation and I think it is totally wrong  to rule out a future with someone you're compatible with in a lot of other ways solely on the basis of a manageable health condition, and yes I know an SS person who lived to 55, can anyone remind me what life expectancy is in Nigeria? undecided

Yes, those who marry under these circumstances have potentially heavy burdens to carry and shouldn't go into it lightly only to chicken out later but this blanket ban while sounding reasonable is way off the mark.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by blakmonsta: 4:45pm On Jul 12, 2011
People can talk nonsense sha

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who has a sickler for a child either has my heart go out to them if they were truly ignorant or,

, if they were the kind of raging id1otic m0ron blockh3aded f0ol I have been listening to on this thread, they should know the child's blood is on their hands and they deserve not just to be shot for careless manslaughter and malicious murder, but forced to endure constant pain for 20 years first because that is the kind of "kalo kalo" they are playing with their children's lives in the name of "I love you"

lof ko, lavu ni,

Shio.

Bloody illiterates.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by nagoma(m): 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2011
@Euromillion

I know that it is a serious issue that 9jerians,But why.

Sickle cell disease is a very serious ailment and occurs among Africans and people of African descent. It more serious medical and social condition than for example polio. Both polio and SS disease have prevention. The prevention for SS disease is knowing your genotype and that of your proposed spouse and if there is the chance of having a sickler please you must not marry. please agree to find a compatible partner. Think about it , if all marriages take this into account there will be no SS child in the world. I know what I am talking about.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Wendyslims(f): 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2011
i won't-------
That would be inflicting pain on oneself!!!
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by Osas006: 7:51pm On Jul 12, 2011
Can never risk it.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by NoQualms1(f): 8:55pm On Jul 12, 2011
@OP. My answer is NO.
I lost a friend while in primary school, she was a sickler. Also, a neighbour's daughter who was a sickler died while in the university (OOU), she had crisis and didn't go home cos it was exam period. She was treating herself and died.
Even if u rely on CSD or SCDor whatever it's called, and the baby turns out to be an SS, your best option will be to abort the baby, you will feel guilty for the rest of your life for having to kill.
Just my opinion sha.
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by msAfrika: 9:33pm On Jul 12, 2011
URRRRRRRG
id doesnt matter! Love is not determined by someones genotype but by how you feel about them!
in this case if u love her MARRY HER and you dont need to have children, there are many options like adopting, fostering etc etc grin grin grin
Re: Can You Take The Risk Of Marrying A Genotype Incompartible Partner? by deadie(m): 11:25pm On Jul 12, 2011
Thinking of marrying a genotype incompatible person? Have you heard of Russian Roulette? Go ahead if you want to play that with the life of an unborn kid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm Young And Making It - Photos / #Girlstalk: How Do You Know If A Particular Toaster Is Serious About You? / "My Hottest Sexual Experience Ever" - Shared By Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.