Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 (25550 Views)

Arsenal Vs Sheffield United (5 - 0) On 28th October 2023 / Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 / Ajax Vs Tottenham Hotspur: UCL Semi-Finals (2 - 3) On 8th May 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Mavrick2012: 11:28pm On May 08, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
consistency in being a local champion... And doing what other have done before... After spending huge sums on transfers grin shocked
Yeah, sorry it pains,that's why you now reduce your formerly most competitive league to a mere local league.

Thank God you will no longer be making noise calling EPL most competitive.

It's a mere local league ����
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Mavrick2012: 11:30pm On May 08, 2022
Timoleon:
If I tell you pep’s low would you accept it or you just enjoy the back and forth?
Tell me his low, and don't forget to tell me which other managers has won 31 trophies in 13 seasons, just mention 1
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Mavrick2012: 11:33pm On May 08, 2022
Timoleon:
I bet you can’t point out anywhere I involved my self in that fruitless debate. I’m just pointing you towards the facts. You love Guardiola, it’s fine. At least get the facts about him right. So far, he has won the epl 3 times out of 5.
Mention just 1 manager who has 31 trophies in his first 13 seasons.

Stop hating, celebrate excellence, pep remains the greatest
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Mavrick2012: 11:35pm On May 08, 2022
Athemisia:

Oga leave Pep.
When will City carry UCL?? cheesy
That is topic for another day.
For now,the guy is proving EPL is just like any ordinary league.

What gives me joy is what he is proving, that's all.

By the time he leaves,una go allow us hear word.

Buhahahahahahahaha
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Mavrick2012: 11:37pm On May 08, 2022
chikason22:

Pep mojo will soon dry. Then City will fall like Man U. It doesn't change the fact that pep is a local trophy hunter
Yeah,that's what i want to establish,that EPL is just one over hyped ordinary league.

Nothing special.
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Athemisia: 11:38pm On May 08, 2022
Mavrick2012:

That is topic for another day.
For now,the guy is proving EPL is just like any ordinary league.

What gives me joy is what he is proving, that's all.

By the time he leaves,una go allow us hear word.

Buhahahahahahahaha
Talk about city leave Pep... cheesy
Abi city no get things to talk about without pep?? Haba na cheesy
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Mavrick2012: 11:41pm On May 08, 2022
Athemisia:

Talk about city leave Pep... cheesy
Abi city no get things to talk about without pep?? Haba na cheesy
Go back to the beginning of this argument,it's about pep confirming EPL to be an over hyped league.

He has come to expose ur so called competitive league,

Even Laliga is even more competitive
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Athemisia: 11:45pm On May 08, 2022
Mavrick2012:

Go back to the beginning of this argument,it's about pep confirming EPL to be an over hyped league.

He has come to expose ur so called competitive league,

Even Laliga is even more competitive
EPL is still the most competitive league bro.
The only league you win at the very end of the season.
Look around, all other leagues are done and dusted with winners already celebrating their titles with about 5 matches yet to play.

Can you say the same about EPL?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by TheStrongest: 12:06am On May 09, 2022
The season is not over yet but we all know Manchester United will go trophyless next season.
Their fans are on every thread attacking every other team. On Saturday at Noon they were at Chelsea's thread, despite their abysmal display later that evening they still went to Liverpool's thread to spread their bitterness at Liverpool's draw. Sunday they moved to Manchester City's thread to still continue with their bitterness inspired evangelism.

They never sees greatness in others.
They never acknowledges the success of others.

Soon we'll be using them as references when speaking about failures.

You're up there among the big spenders in Europe and still have nothing to show for it. Instead of focusing on your team and looking for solutions inward, you're going about spreading your bitterness...

Before you know them go quote history give you.

But in all, it won't change the fact that Pep is greater than Alex Ferguson. If using UCL as a yardstick for measuring greatness, Pep has 2 and Sir Alex has 2.

I know say each time I mention this the thing dey pain una grin grin, I go still mention am regardless.

Pep is better than Sir Alex... Simple!!!

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by TheStrongest: 12:09am On May 09, 2022
Athemisia:

Look around, all other leagues are done and dusted with winners already celebrating their titles with about 5 matches yet to play.

Liverpool won the league with a 18 point gap Oga... Weytin you dey talk sef?

Arsenal went unbeaten for the same EPL...

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by DownChelsea(f): 12:16am On May 09, 2022
Athemisia:

Better than a team with no European trophy since time immemorial.... grin

Let people decide that for themselves.

Cos the comments I see tell me different.
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by DownChelsea(f): 12:17am On May 09, 2022
Athemisia:

Sit there and talk while we do the lifting.

Lifting.

You basically just lifted City to another EPL triumph.

While you wait another 30 years for yours
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by chikason22(m): 12:21am On May 09, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Pep has won ucl twice ,mourinho didn’t win champions league with Chelsea and Madrid so why should pep win with man city before you regard him ?

Rest with your shameless agenda as it’s now boring

Shameless useless bad belle people tongue

Will you shut up!!!! What's all the millions if not billions spent on the club so far. To hunt local cups You well so. Pep is just an overrated coach. Nothing special about him. Who knows Man City before the Arab acquired it and start pumping in money anyhow. Yet thay can't win UCL.
No worry e go clear for una eye when Pep runs away from City because of shame.
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by justli: 12:45am On May 09, 2022
Mavrick2012:

Yes, he won ucl at Porto by pure luck.

He should go back and win it again.

That ur Mourinho(aka conference league) has been decoded, am telling you,he can no longer win any of the major leagues again, except Chinese, Nigerian or Congolese league.lol

Mou' did it with Porto. Came to England and fought the establishment, winning the EPL back to back and would have done it thrice, went to Italy won the treble including UCL. Went to laliga won the league...
And you think those are luck?
At his time he was brilliant. Don't also forget he came back to Chelsea and won the EPL

Do you think you win a league of 48 matches by luck?
Maybe you hate him for whatever reason but that's up to you. For us, he is the special one, the happy one and the only one
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Android22: 1:05am On May 09, 2022
Jokerman:

3 trophies as well, and broke numerous records with his Madrid team... couldn't win the ucl though....
What do you mean by 3 trophies as well? As well means Barcelona only won 3 trophies in the 2 seasons you are talking about. How does that compute? Barcelona won La Liga, UCL, FIFA Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup, Spanish Kings Cup and Copa Del Rey in those 2 seasons. Mourinho only won La Liga, Copa Del Rey and Spanish Kings Cup. So stop lying.
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by purplekayc(m): 1:35am On May 09, 2022
Who are man city's remaining opponents in the epl
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by DownChelsea(f): 1:53am On May 09, 2022
purplekayc:
Who are man city's remaining opponents in the epl

Liverpool (twice)

And City is winning both. grin
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Soso990240(m): 2:21am On May 09, 2022
Lamasta:

Na Liverpool win 2019 EPL
Mr i am talking about the 2018/2019 season City won that they called COVID season, where Klopp was Lamenting about unavailability of his players
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Timoleon(m): 4:07am On May 09, 2022
Again. There’s no where you’ll point that I hate on Pep. Stop typing foolishly. Correcting you in facts doesn’t mean I’m hating. I simply corrected you that Pep won 3 out of his first 5 epl season instead of 4 of 5 you have been typing all over the thread. How does that equate to hating on Pep? Klopp has only one epl after so many years and he’s respect. Why then should I hate on Pep who is achieving more? Your feelings don’t change facts. Na all these kind stupidity una Dey express every time they make me avoid Nairaland most times. Enjoy your argument with those you are arguing with but when I see you spread misinformation, It cringes me.
Mavrick2012:

Mention just 1 manager who has 31 trophies in his first 13 seasons.

Stop hating, celebrate excellence, pep remains the greatest
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Timoleon(m): 4:10am On May 09, 2022
Obviously you are not willing to accept. I no get that kind time to Dey argue nonsense with you. Guardiola is arguably the greatest coach of the modern game so far but even he go accept say there have been many a heart ache for him. Make I leave you to yourself.
Mavrick2012:

Tell me his low, and don't forget to tell me which other managers has won 31 trophies in 13 seasons, just mention 1
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Timoleon(m): 4:15am On May 09, 2022
Mavrick2012:

LoL, what is your point sef?
The budget of all these teams you mentioned ain't aimed at winning anything,they okay playing ucl, Europa (for everton), were they meeting target?yes.
Why did Arsen finally leave? because he was no longer making it to the ucl.

Imagin pep won ucl in his 1st season and haven't been winning anything for the next 4 season, you think he will still be at city?

Guy,i have heard the owner of city said pep was brought to make city a major force and that so far,city is a force to reckon with.
3 EPL in 4 season,guy no club will sack suck a guru.

3 epl in 5 seasons.
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Timoleon(m): 4:19am On May 09, 2022
I’m not interested in comparing teams. I was simply correcting someone who said Pep will be on 4 of 5 if he wins epl this season.
Jokerman:

Did you compare teams then... Ferguson met a distraught Man utd, Pep met a winning team already....
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Timoleon(m): 4:21am On May 09, 2022
38 matches.
justli:

Mou' did it with Porto. Came to England and fought the establishment, winning the EPL back to back and would have done it thrice, went to Italy won the treble including UCL. Went to laliga won the league...
At his time he was brilliant. Don't also forget he came back to Chelsea and won the EPL

Maybe you hate him for whatever reason but that's up to you. For us, he is the special one, the happy one and the only one
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Mavrick2012: 5:09am On May 09, 2022
Timoleon:
3 epl in 5 seasons.
you know am talking the last 4 seasons.
Will soon be 4 in last 5.

EPL isn't any competitive,it's as ordinary the way English press like to describe other leagues.
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Mavrick2012: 5:11am On May 09, 2022
Timoleon:
Obviously you are not willing to accept. I no get that kind time to Dey argue nonsense with you. Guardiola is arguably the greatest coach of the modern game so far but even he go accept say there have been many a heart ache for him. Make I leave you to yourself.
Typical Nigerian,brings up argument, you puncture it,he runs saying he doesn't like argument, me i like am. Lol
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Mavrick2012: 5:16am On May 09, 2022
Timoleon:
Again. There’s no where you’ll point that I hate on Pep. Stop typing foolishly. Correcting you in facts doesn’t mean I’m hating. I simply corrected you that Pep won 3 out of his first 5 epl season instead of 4 of 5 you have been typing all over the thread. How does that equate to hating on Pep? Klopp has only one epl after so many years and he’s respect. Why then should I hate on Pep who is achieving more? Your feelings don’t change facts. Na all these kind stupidity una Dey express every time they make me avoid Nairaland most times. Enjoy your argument with those you are arguing with but when I see you spread misinformation, It cringes me.

This is exactly the problem i have with some of you who feel you are Wise, you quickly apply the word foolish, yet you are worse than what you call people.

A wise man scarcely use derogatory words at people.

Please,learn common manners.

Learn to see argument like this as either a time to catch fun,learn or simply walk out, Mr non foolish
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Mavrick2012: 5:22am On May 09, 2022
justli:

Sir, league is 38 matches not 48.

I never said it takes luck to win league, i said it take luck to win ucl.

Oga, please where is Mourinho today?

Long time consistency is what stands pep high above all of them, even your Mourinho aka conference league lol.

Stop comparing a common conference league manager and pep
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Mavrick2012: 5:27am On May 09, 2022
Athemisia:

Sorry sir, you lie, last season, Laliga went to the last day, while epl ended with 4 games to go.

This season,go to Laliga, after 35 games, Madrid is topping with 81 points, while city after the same 35 games has 86 ponts why?

Before pep came,they said he can't do the 100 points in EPL, today it's all story.

If to you,pep came to win the ucl,as far as am concerned,he came to make EPL ordinary.

To expose the scam called most difficult league
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Timoleon(m): 5:30am On May 09, 2022
At no point did I argue with you. I simply corrected an error. A truly wise action is to accept that a fact was misrepresented rather than assume that the person correcting you was a ‘hater’ which is what you said. ‘I should stop hating on Guardiola’ whereas there’s no prove that I even dislike Guardiola let alone hate on him.
Mavrick2012:

This is exactly the problem i have with some of you who feel you are Wise, you quickly apply the word foolish, yet you are worse than what you call people.

A wise man scarcely use derogatory words at people.

Please,learn common manners.

Learn to see argument like this as either a time to catch fun,learn or simply walk out, Mr non foolish
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Timoleon(m): 5:36am On May 09, 2022
Again check the attached picture and see who brought argument. You simply said tell me his low. And I knowing you won’t accept and you proved it without me even telling you the low by already deflecting. Yet you wonder why I hate arguing.
Mavrick2012:

Typical Nigerian,brings up argument, you puncture it,he runs saying he doesn't like argument, me i like am. Lol

Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Adek15(m): 5:39am On May 09, 2022
Timoleon:
Go back to the post I quoted. You said only man city and arsenal play good football. I ask again are Liverpool playing bad football?
Even Chelsea isn't playing bad. The players are just wasteful when it comes to scoring. This Chelsea team outplayed Arsenal but still lost massively
Re: Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 by Mavrick2012: 5:41am On May 09, 2022
Timoleon:
Again check the attached picture and see who brought argument. You simply said tell me his low. And I knowing you won’t accept and you proved it without me even telling you the low by already deflecting. Yet you wonder why I hate arguing.
Oga,tell me his low na, the only season pep has gone trophyless was his first season in EPL,that is the only thing you can call low,but hey,you know just one season can't constitute a low, the following season he went on to repeat the 100 he did at Laliga in EPL.

Remember how you guys once said pep can't do the 100 points in ur almighty most competitive league?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Salzburg Red Bull Vs Liverpool :UCL (0 - 2) - Live / Arsenal Vs Norwich City: Carabao Cup (2 - 1) On 24th October 2017 / Stoke City Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 18th February 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.