Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille (3295 Views)

UCL: Lille Vs Bayern Munich (0 - 1) On 23rd October 2012 / Arsenal Completes Podolski Signing / Arsenal Completes Signing Of Thierry Henry On Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2011
Gunners boss confirms deal as side prepare to begin tour of Far East, with Ivory Coast international arriving from French champions for a fee believed to be 12 million euros.

Jul 11, 2011 9:00:00 AM

Photo Gallery Zoom
Lille vs Arles - Gervinho
Related Links
Teams
Arsenal
Lille
Players
Gervinho
Arsenal has completed the signing of Lille striker Gervinho.

The Ivory Coast international, who notched 15 goals and 10 assists to help the French side to their first league title in 57 years last term, arrives at the Emirates for a fee believed to be 12 million euros, although the length of his contract has not been revealed.

Wenger revealed the news about Gervinho as his side arrived in Malaysia, without its newly acquired forward, ahead of its preseason tour of the Far East.

"Gervinho has come back from holiday and signed," said Wenger. "He had a medical on Thursday and we sent him back home to sort things out for two days. He has a family with children. He came back yesterday and starts his fitness programme in London today. He is officially an Arsenal player now. I decided not to take him because he had had no training sessions."

The Gunners reportedly agreed personal terms with the 24-year-old last month, but have spent the intervening period in talks with Lille over an agreed price.

Gervinho becomes the second summer arrival at the Emirates Stadium after the signing of full-back Carl Jenkinson from Charlton Athletic, as Wenger looks to revamp his squad in a bid to end the club's six-year trophy drought next term.

The news could well constitute the final nail in the coffin of Nicklas Bendtner's Arsenal career, with the striker currently the subject of interest from Borussia Dortmund and Sporting Lisbon as well as several English clubs.
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/transfer-zone/2011/07/11/2570149/official-arsenal-completes-gervinho-signing-from-lille
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by honeric01(m): 7:20pm On Jul 11, 2011
Yet this same man wanted to buy Osaze for less than 2milla? undecided
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by sweetguy10(m): 1:24am On Jul 12, 2011
As if this is what they need Instead of wenger getting better strikers that can win matches all he did was spend money on this big headed lazy striker , as if it will stop Barca from trashing their stingy butt come next champion's league (that's if they even qualify) , Odemwinge will perform better than this Zuma rock headed Gervinho , Rubbishhhhh ***Spits on Arsenal FC and Wenger and their retarded fans ****
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by sweetguy10(m): 1:37am On Jul 12, 2011
sweetguy10:

As if this is what they need Instead of wenger getting better strikers that can win matches all he did was spend money on this big headed lazy striker , as if it will stop Barca from trashing their stingy butt come next champion's league (that's if they even qualify) , Odemwinge will perform better than this Zuma rock headed Gervinho , Rubbishhhhh ***Spits on Arsenal FC and Wenger and their [b]slow[/b] fans ****

What ? what I wrote Re ** tard*** ded who changed it ?
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by sweetguy10(m): 1:39am On Jul 12, 2011
sweetguy10:

TYPED , OH GOD I'M SO ANGRY AT THIS ARSE IN Player , I WISH HIM MORE YEARS OF TROPHYLESS SEASON COUPLED WITH INJURY PLAGUE ON EACH AND EVERY FOOTBALLERS IN HIS SQUAD , EXCLUDING CESC FABREGAS (THAT'S IF HE DID NOT COME TO CAMP NOU)
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by MeGaStReEt: 3:11am On Jul 12, 2011
after how many years. . . . phewwwww
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by fxtopedia(m): 4:57am On Jul 12, 2011
How I wish this man is a coach of Chelsea! Nobody would remember him again
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by Debroslink: 7:29am On Jul 12, 2011
Quote me,

Gervinho will be d new Chamakh!!!

1 Like

Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by Gbenge77(m): 7:57am On Jul 12, 2011
Very good addition to their squad.
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by lafuria1(m): 9:29am On Jul 12, 2011
why cant laliga news make d front page. Real madrid have sign five players, didnt make front page. Is all abt EPL abi.
Arsenal sign gervinho, hmm. Wetin concern me jor. One man badluck is anoda man success.
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 12, 2011
what is wrong wit dis man when other top teams are signing world class player the stingy goat is signing below par players i just pity arsenal fans. More trophyless years ahead.

1 Like

Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by sley4life(m): 9:54am On Jul 12, 2011
No hope 4 Arsenal even if they keep signing. Let them use 45million to buy a player

1 Like

Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by ideylaff: 10:32am On Jul 12, 2011
Yet this same man wanted to buy Osaze for less than 2milla?

Stop believing all the trash all these papers write,

Wenger was never interested in Osaze, in the first place, na rumour, no need for the 9ija solidarity,

1 Like

Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by Mobinga: 10:49am On Jul 12, 2011
lmao! He's even from France. Wenger and his obsession with french-bred players. Recursion, every year he does the same thing and they end up getting nothing. Useless team.
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by baslone: 11:15am On Jul 12, 2011
sweetguy10:

D.R.U.G.S!!!!!!   shocked

Mobinga:

lmao! [b]He's even from France. [/b]Wenger and his obsession with french-bred players. Recursion, every year he does the same thing and they end up getting nothing. Useless team.

He's from Africa! Ivory Coast!
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by Konjour(m): 11:18am On Jul 12, 2011
Debroslink:

Quote me,

Gervinho will be d new Chamakh!!!

You spew those words outta my mouth! The dude scored what? 15 Goals,10 assists in Lille last season and some blind dude said he's the new

Eto'o!  Same goal haul as Odemwingie and a far less spectacular goal ratio. But Wenger rates Peter at about what? 2 million quid? pffffff!!!!!!  embarassed

undecided grin grin  Maroune Chamakh was one of the hottest young Strikers in france and he was even vying for the Golden boot in france before he changed

teams.Talk about Wenger and his obsession for French and Lique 1 players in England, as much as i want to see more blacks in Manchester United,i

fully understand the reason SAF is trying to build himself an English core, Same reason is why much of Barca's success is hinged on the fact that the

team is built around a Spanish core. The FA's homegrown rule is coming up soon and it'll be exciting to see how Wenger and Arsenal fares.

The man has been losing the plot and it seems its only a matter of time before he's gon lose the last straw.

1 Like

Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by emmy2white: 11:24am On Jul 12, 2011
Mobinga:

lmao! He's even from France. Wenger and his obsession with french-bred players. Recursion, every year he does the same thing and they end up getting nothing. Useless team.
am sure u are either a chelsea or man u fan.he(wenger) buys useless player from france league why una dey run follow nasri

1 Like

Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by emmy2white: 11:24am On Jul 12, 2011
Mobinga:

am sure u are either a chelsea or man u fan.he(wenger) buys useless player from france league why una dey run follow nasri
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by MMM2(m): 11:29am On Jul 12, 2011
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by Mobinga: 11:38am On Jul 12, 2011
baslone:

D.R.U.G.S!!!!!!   shocked

He's from Africa! Ivory Coast!

No he's "from", gotten "from" France! Not nationality
emmy2white:

Sharrap I'm a Liverpool fan!
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by cbjonstage(m): 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2011
how true is this other signing of karem benzema, im just obsessed about the deal

for gervinho signing wherever he's from I DONT CARE, i just want another deadly striker like thiery henry during his heyday at EMIRATES
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by abohrandy: 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2011
[size=28pt] angry angrysee haters angry angry[/size]
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by FlyboyZee: 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2011
Who is Gervinho?
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by FlyboyZee: 5:36pm On Jul 12, 2011
Is he a farmer or a trader?
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by FlyboyZee: 5:52pm On Jul 12, 2011
Im (Wenger) no go eva sign beta player, na academy students e de always buy, when
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by nattyspice: 7:10pm On Jul 12, 2011
Gervais Yao Kuassi a.k.a Gervinho is arguably among the top 5 strikers in Africa .I watch the French league regularly and strongly believe he is going to be a handful for defenders in the e.p.l.
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by snowdrops(m): 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2011
Wenger is an i.diot.

SHM
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by Roland17(m): 10:47pm On Jul 12, 2011
@cbjonstage
Wenger are too stingy to pay Benzema's fee, he might end up in Italy or City.
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by mamagee3(f): 11:53pm On Jul 12, 2011
God help the EPL and their useless signings and transfer. . .

That's why I prefer La Liga, they sign valuable players for the amount of money they are what unlike the EPL that signs mediocre players for world record fees.
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by jmaine: 3:08am On Jul 13, 2011
The coach signed an average player that wont even be available in January when the Nations cup begins cry cry . . . Yeye coach angry angry
Re: Official: Arsenal Completes Gervinho Signing From Lille by sayso: 10:09am On Jul 13, 2011
Now this is what you get following stupid policy of WENGER

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Alex Song & Gerard Pique Fight During The Celebration Of LA LIGA Triumph / Arsenal Vs Aston Villa [3 - 0] On Sunday 27th Dec / Everton Vs Arsenal [0 - 2] On Sunday 14th November 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.