Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? (18859 Views)

Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through A CV / Has Anyone In Nigeria Ever Gotten A Job From Indeed? / Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by loadedvibes: 1:13pm On May 06, 2022
I never hear am from south

2 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by LordofNaija: 1:18pm On May 06, 2022
Ran into my senator twice in Abj, the speed wey the man they take disappear after introducing my self to him, there was no point asking him to help get my brother a job. That my senator dey slimy, you no fit catch am. But I go wait for am when e come address us for 2023, as he intends to run again

11 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by chaddy16: 1:19pm On May 06, 2022
Beolly:

Because you don't want to know. Google is your best tool. Once you know your local government that's all.
Sincerely, what's the use, those guys are there for themselves. I don't care. They should enjoy their position for eternity.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by AKWATGOLD1(m): 1:26pm On May 06, 2022
I hailed MHR Hon. Abiola Makinde representing Ondo West & East on this topic. He has assisted over seven (7) Ondo Indigine to secured FG jobs and sent over ten (10) people to Overseas as part of constituent empowerment.
AboveTheRim:
I have been thinking about this for a while now. Do you know anybody who by chance had the opportunity of meeting their Representatives and Senators in the National Assembly who facilitated their employment quest? Especially for federal government jobs?

Abi are they just there to chop money and sleep during plenary sessions?

Share your experiences

7 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Bamzyriches451: 1:32pm On May 06, 2022
Damn!!
Dunno about Job but my younger brother got admission into NDA last year with the help of one of our Reps member in C.R.S

5 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:34pm On May 06, 2022
No, many in the North, our southern senators and representatives are rubbish, even third class in the North dey get work

8 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by laughitall(m): 1:40pm On May 06, 2022
chaddy16:
Senator of where I reside or my hometown. I don't even know the road to my hometown talkless of knowing the senator representing them. The only senator I know is Dino melaye grin
but buhari is your problem .. clownz

1 Like

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by trippleKAY(m): 1:51pm On May 06, 2022
chaddy16:
Senator of where I reside or my hometown. I don't even know the road to my hometown talkless of knowing the senator representing them. The only senator I know is Dino melaye grin
dino is very useless ooo...
Him and my mum attended same primary school there in ayetoro gbede.... But him no send, cos my mom got his contact and called him, but nothing came out of it.

5 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Voiceofthestree: 1:53pm On May 06, 2022
I know a friend who got a job thorough Hon Akinlade who represent Yewa fed house of representative maybe 2015 or so sha. I try all my best to meet with him since then but I never did a friend have his direct line then but he never pick calls

6 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Mikkyjuicy1234: 1:53pm On May 06, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
..... Mine isn't about employment but I have gotten contracts through 3 house reps members.

Though it wasn't easy. From one contact to another until it's achieved.

These guys doesn't care about us.

Why u said that
Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by nurudeen181(m): 1:57pm On May 06, 2022
how do i know who my house of reps member is/are..
Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by nams77: 2:18pm On May 06, 2022
shortIGBOman:
In the North, people get Federal Jobs and even some major company Jobs, through their Senator's, House of Reps members and Ministers. I got my first job through my then Senator. I never knew him, never met him. But I went to National Assembly armed with my CV.

After gaining access into National Assembly complex, I asked my way and was directed to Senate wing and to his office. I met his secretary initially. She told me to drop my CV, that other job seekers from the Senator's senatorial district also submit their CV's. As I was about going, the Senator came in.

I hailed him (every politician loves that). He asked some few questions about me. I told him all he needed to know. He promised to see to it that I get a Job. He asked me to drop my phone number with the secretary. He also gave me 10k for transport. This was about 10 years ago.

About a month later. The secretary called me and asked me to proceed to Immigration HQ for immidiate employment. I went there, after documentation, they sent me to their Zaria office for induction and training. I later left Immigration after few months. Cause it's not a job of my dream. I for don go far for Immigration by now. I started with one pin.

Always give it a try. Your house of Reps members and Senator's are accessible. Approach them with your CV. It's no longer easy to gain access Into the National Assembly now, due to the rise in Insecurity. But before now, you can just walk freely to the National Assembly. Through the small gate, you will be asked your purpose of coming to the NA, when you explain to them your mission, they will grant you access. But things have changed now. They will only allow you access when you have an appointment with any Senator or HR member. But you can always track them to their private residence, club, the bar they hangout or their residence in the village.

The truth is, they also need the masses as much as we need them for job help. This is the period where they need the masses more. As election don come. No Senator or HR member will insult you when you approach him with your CV. The highest he will do is to collect your CV and dump it. But it's better you give it a try.

You can also access them via their friends or close Allies in their constituencies. They always have some local politicians, elders or friends in their community that, they respect so much. You can approach such people, drop your CV with them and plead with them to help you pass it to the Senator or HR member.
Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by bankyamoko: 2:19pm On May 06, 2022
Our representatives, either from Senate or House of Representatives from the Southern parts of Nigeria are terrible.!! Assisting a genuine and well qualified individual is a burden to them.
They are afraid of being displaced by these people if they are helped to get jobs. It is very hard to get a Southerner particularly S/W to get a good job through these Politicians :Ministers, Commissioners,Senators or what have you.!
Sometimes last year, I approached a very senior Senator from my Senatorial District, just for his recommendation for a job for which I have been shortlisted. He told me that such job cannot be given to me because I am not a politician!! He further said that such jobs are reserved for politicians who have spent money on elections but lost
He asked me how much I have spent.
To cut the long story short, he blocked my number phone number because he felt I was troubling him. That's how I lost the job.

6 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 2:21pm On May 06, 2022
Mikkyjuicy1234:

Why u said that
.... Said so because they will still demand for kick backs upon all the money they are making there.

Nothing is free and even the facilitators will still reap you off.

But we will survive.
Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Danat: 2:26pm On May 06, 2022
What state are you from. What is the name of your reps member?
Dagenius53:

Please do you have link on how to buy Fg job?
Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by agabaI23(m): 2:31pm On May 06, 2022
AboveTheRim:
I have been thinking about this for a while now. Do you know anybody who by chance had the opportunity of meeting their Representatives and Senators in the National Assembly who facilitated their employment quest? Especially for federal government jobs?

Share your experiences
Go and ask about one Chinedu Ogah from Ebonyi state. He has employed numerous people from Ebonyi. House of Rep.

He didn't give me any Job but I know many he has facilitated their employments. You can't count it. He is an APC guy for your info. I detest APC.

1 Like

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Amalekki: 2:33pm On May 06, 2022
Thank you for this truth that many people know and benefit from but fail to emphasize for one reason or the other.

As bad as our system is, the truth is that almost every part is taken care of within our structure. Don't let anyone fool you! The president does not know you but our system is such that you have a representative and a senator and there are lots of entitlement for your constituency. That's not talking about the huge allocation for your state and your local government. Also, our system guarantees at least one minister from your state, you have boards of parastatals with someone from your state, you have an ambassador or more from your state.

Let's start asking questions of our representatives. Wasting energy on a president for four years is why we let our representatives go scot free with murder! Democracy is not easy, it is a daily war to make the system work for you and your people!

Danat:
Well I haven't but I know 3 guys (my roommates from ABU) who all got nice FG jobs through their senator from Katsina State. One is a DSS officer and the other two are in a federal poly. To answer the second part of your question, it could be true that legislators from the south exchange their slots for money or intangible favours. I'm from plateau state, and I know a lot of guys here who got FG jobs through my house of reps member. They don't just sleep In the chamber. Almost anything you see in this country is shared by quota and they get slots for almost everything; from NDA admission, to scholarships abroad, jobs, Npower, anything wey people dey apply sha. Your reps or senator, or your state commissioner at federal character commission in Abuja. Hope this helps

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by RealOmegwiOsas: 2:50pm On May 06, 2022
[quote author=shortIGBOman post=112565072]In the North, people get Federal Jobs and even some major company Jobs, through their Senator's, House of Reps members and Ministers. I got my first job through my then Senator. I never knew him, never met him. But I went to National Assembly armed with my CV.

After gaining access into National Assembly complex, I asked my way and was directed to Senate wing and to his office. I met his secretary initially. She told me to drop my CV, that other job seekers from the Senator's senatorial district also submit their CV's. As I was about going, the Senator came in.

I hailed him (every politician loves that). He asked some few questions about me. I told him all he needed to know. He promised to see to it that I get a Job. He asked me to drop my phone number with the secretary. He also gave me 10k for transport. This was about 10 years ago.

About a month later. The secretary called me and asked me to proceed to Immigration HQ for immidiate employment. I went there, after documentation, they sent me to their Zaria office for induction and training. I later left Immigration after few months. Cause it's not a job of my dream. I for don go far for Immigration by now. I started with one pin.

Always give it a try. Your house of Reps members and Senator's are accessible. Approach them with your CV. It's no longer easy to gain access Into the National Assembly now, due to the rise in Insecurity. But before now, you can just walk freely to the National Assembly. Through the small gate, you will be asked your purpose of coming to the NA, when you explain to them your mission, they will grant you access. But things have changed now. They will only allow you access when you have an appointment with any Senator or HR member. But you can always track them to their private residence, club, the bar they hangout or their residence in the village.

The truth is, they also need the masses as much as we need them for job help. This is the period where they need the masses more. As election don come. No Senator or HR member will insult you when you approach him with your CV. The highest he will do is to collect your CV and dump it. But it's better you give it a try.

You can also access them via their friends or close Allies in their constituencies. They always have some local politicians, elders or friends in their community that, they respect so much. You can approach such people, drop your CV with them and plead with them to help you pass it to the Senator or HR member.

OIL DAE YOUR HEAD

2 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by chaddy16: 2:52pm On May 06, 2022
laughitall:
but buhari is your problem .. clownz
Did I ever tell you Buhari is my problem?
Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 06, 2022
07kjb:

Elaborate what are you insinuating
It's a nepotism.
Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by afolayangs(m): 3:04pm On May 06, 2022
Some merchandise their slots
Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Rrchrd(m): 3:05pm On May 06, 2022
doneyor:
Yes oooo, I got my job through my house of rep member. My house of rep. Member is a man of his word. Over 100 youths in Akwa Ibom got good jobs from him. He is Rt. Hon. Michael Enyong. He is contesting for Governor in Akwa Ibom state. Please nairalander help us celebrate him for he took me and other hundreds of youth off the streets. He is a sitting honourable member representing Uyo Fed. Constituency. Let's give great leaders like this a chance. Thank you
I won't vote for him bc i don't know him & I haven't gotten any job from him
My S/S people hardly help
Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by NewFolm4(m): 3:13pm On May 06, 2022
AboveTheRim:

Share your experiences

I got mine through a minister. I will forever be grateful to him.

6 Likes

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by ganye1: 3:15pm On May 06, 2022
I know many who have gotten FG jobs through their national assembly members and I even help some to get FG jobs through our senators and members of house of reps.

1 Like

Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by ganye1: 3:16pm On May 06, 2022
ganye1:
I know many who have gotten FG jobs through their national assembly members and I even help some get FG jobs through our senators and members of house of reps.
Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Chicastle: 3:42pm On May 06, 2022
For my Northern friends yes but we from south who born monkey.
Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Eastcoastboy(m): 3:57pm On May 06, 2022
optimistD:
I had one senator uncle. He just picked one of us to be his personal driver. The graduate of Mech. Engr. Is still driving him around after 10years now. The guy dey even form for me as a politician driver. He seems happy. But I know my uncle is a stupid man.

NDA? Or recruit? If na Recruit, he no work at all.
Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by mdgreen(m): 4:09pm On May 06, 2022
Am from Jo's east, pls can you drop your contact let's talk?

Danat:
Well I haven't but I know 3 guys (my roommates from ABU) who all got nice FG jobs through their senator from Katsina State. One is a DSS officer and the other two are in a federal poly. To answer the second part of your question, it could be true that legislators from the south exchange their slots for money or intangible favours. I'm from plateau state, and I know a lot of guys here who got FG jobs through my house of reps member. They don't just sleep In the chamber. Almost anything you see in this country is shared by quota and they get slots for almost everything; from NDA admission, to scholarships abroad, jobs, Npower, anything wey people dey apply sha. Your reps or senator, or your state commissioner at federal character commission in Abuja. Hope this helps
Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by Gfash22(m): 4:13pm On May 06, 2022
Get your professional CV today at an affordable price. Contact me on 08029917484
Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by timothydare(m): 5:03pm On May 06, 2022
chaddy16:
I tell u o
Re: Ever Gotten A Job Through Your House Of Reps Member Or Senator? by ford101: 5:33pm On May 06, 2022
Soso990240:
Those ones are useless. Na very few of them de help. Although i know a friend that joined the military through a Senator, Ekweremadu to be precise.. but majority of them only care about their family.
please how can I reach senator ike ekweremadu.he helped my brother get a job in ecowas.also if I can get chima's number.chima is senator ike ekweremadus nephew.he also worked at ecowas then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Forum Guidelines & Valuable Information for Job Seekers / Nigeria Ports Authority Recruitment Commences / Thank You Nairaland.. I Got Employed To ABM Group, Owerri Branch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.