Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. (46684 Views)

10 Strange Professions That No Longer Exist / Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? / COVID-19: Which Professions Earn More Money During This Pandemic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Truvelisback(m): 9:27pm On May 05, 2022
Kantebets:
I am a block worker and my physique 6 pack and fit
Nothing bricklayer do We no fit do.
U dey mould Block? That work no easy ooo. Na the waist go tell scores. If u aren't into such job, and u do it, u fit run away.

1 Like

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Waterlilly: 9:28pm On May 05, 2022
true talk

2 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by SNEFF: 9:29pm On May 05, 2022
fact !! you must be a wise man,but also it's never been easy to put food on one's table

1 Like

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Kantebets(m): 9:31pm On May 05, 2022
Truvelisback:
U dey mould Block? That work no easy ooo. Na the waist go tell scores. If u aren't into such job, and u do it, u fit run away.
it got to a stage it mastered me
If The waist pain too bad na to take action bitters/agbo or pain relief and rugged am

8 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Truvelisback(m): 9:33pm On May 05, 2022
freeman5050:

Don't forget field work like onshore and offshore guys dem, risk and time they put in.
Na how the work be?
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Truvelisback(m): 9:36pm On May 05, 2022
Kantebets:
it got to a stage it mastered me
If The waist pain too bad na to take action bitters/agbo or pain relief and rugged am
Na Pro u be for the work.
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by GreatAxeMan: 9:43pm On May 05, 2022
By the end of this century robots will be doing 95% of these jobs.

Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. I have great respect for people who have these jobs as their professions. Do u know why? These their job is not for lazy guys and it involves strenght and skills and the risks involed in their jobs.
1. Bricklayers
2. Carpentars
3. Welders
4. Aluminium works
5. Painters, to climb building paint no be Bobo
6. Electricians(Nepa men) and those who wire houses
7. Electronics electricians
8. Shoe cobblers. As simple as u may think the job is, it involves strenght and skills. It is not as easy as u may think
9. Tailoring
10. Food vendors(it's not easy to wake up as early as 4am everyday to cook and sell etc.
Mynd44, Lalasticlala, Pls, help the thread.

1 Like

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Erums(m): 9:44pm On May 05, 2022
Margy:
no be lie!

those Mason guys on site..working so hard under hot sun or rain for 4k no be here o...na die..just to survive

Abegg they give dem nack.. No dey stress dem

3 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Victerica(m): 9:50pm On May 05, 2022
Why can't they think outside the box, so as to involve technology in their jobs?

Gone are the days of stressful jobs!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Axis313(m): 9:52pm On May 05, 2022
Tokskob2008:

Intense and scorching sun na small thing compared to what the water will do your hands, feet and legs (especially in places where they don't provide protective wears).

I did it for close to 2yrs and it got to a stage my foot starts to peel off gradually and I could see the inner flesh. It's when you are dealing with water for a long period of time you will know it is also very harmful to the skin...
Am telling you,water will just peeling off the skin,especially the feet,it got to a time that I can't even walk well,till someone recommended salt and hot water solution to me,and that did the trick.
I will warm some water with some salt,then pour the water inside a bucket,after that put your feet inside for some minutes.Repeat the process for at least three days,and see the changes.

5 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Truvelisback(m): 9:59pm On May 05, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
By the end of this century robots will be doing 95% of these jobs.

Lol, let's wait and see.
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Tokskob2008: 10:00pm On May 05, 2022
Axis313:

Am telling you,water will just peeling off the skin,especially the feet,it got to a time that I can't even walk well,till someone recommended salt and hot water solution to me,and that did the trick.
I will warm some water with some salt,then pour the water inside a bucket,after that put your feet inside for some minutes.Repeat the process for at least three days,and see the changes.
Lol my brother I did same thing exactly when it got worse. Chaii man pikin dey suffer ooo!! Na make God come show us grace remain so.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Truvelisback(m): 10:02pm On May 05, 2022
Victerica:
Why can't they think outside the box, so as to involve technology in their jobs?

Gone are the days of stressful jobs!
Mention the jobs that seems easy to u.
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Victerica(m): 10:11pm On May 05, 2022
Truvelisback:
Mention the jobs that seems easy to u.

No job is easy..

However, it is pertinent for all kind of jobs to involve technology...

And it is only possible, by thinking, out of the box!

But instead, they used their brains to think and justify wickedness!
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by wiseone28: 10:28pm On May 05, 2022
I used to follow my friend to hustle block work..
grin
I will only do it for 3 days in a week.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Lastpharoah33: 10:54pm On May 05, 2022
Shout out to all the young legit hustlers out there.

Was into cameroon pepper dealership years ago, me and some other guys were always contracted for the offload of the pepper bags most times.

If you want to have a glimpse of hell, try offloading cameroon pepper bags under a dry season scorching sun.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by juman(m): 1:38am On May 06, 2022
You are right.
Jobs that need knowledge and strength.

Every job is good job that can turn to lot of money into your pocket.

Be smart with every job you do.

1 Like

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Truvelisback(m): 2:12am On May 06, 2022
Lastpharoah33:
Shout out to all the young legit hustlers out there.

Was into cameroon pepper dealership years ago, me and some other guys were always contracted for the offload of the pepper bags most times.

If you want to have a glimpse of hell, try offloading cameroon pepper bags under a dry season scorching sun.
Some years ago, when was i still looking for a job. A friend of mine told me that there was a job in Flour mill. When i hear flour mill, na so my head big. I asked this my friend, what is the nature of the job and what would i be doing? My friend say no worry, if u reach there, u go see am. Na so i follow this my dark friend go there ooo. Na so them carry me go cement section. Na so i shout yeeeeeeee! Lanky guy like me, nai wan do Aboki work? Me wey no chop heavy food come work? grin Na so, i just surmon courage enter. All the ground na the powder of cement. And na bare foot guys dey take walka on top this Cement powder dey work. Omo! Come see the way guys dey gbe cement for head. U won't even recognize the face of the workers because the Cement dust had turned them to Ghosts. Na there i take know say this my friend no good ooo. Chai, Long story cut short. Na run, i run. grin When i reach house ehn!, i get Cartarrh by force. Since then, i never asked that guy for job vacancy again. grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by phemmyfour: 5:42am On May 06, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. I have great respect for people who have these jobs as their professions. Do u know why? These their jobs is not for lazy guys and it involves strenght and skills and the risk.
1. Bricklayers
2. Carpentars
3. Welders
4. Aluminium works
8. Shoe cobblers. As simple as u may think the job is, it involves strenght and skills. It is not as easy as u may think
9. Tailoring
10. Food vendors(it's not easy to wake up as early as 4am everyday to cook and sell etc.
Programming, Teaching, drawing ain't easy too. Every job with its own risk

1 Like

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by JoyousFurnitire(m): 6:13am On May 06, 2022
Heard of Mental power/labour?

Try software development or programming

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Aystarz: 6:38am On May 06, 2022
mhizace:
Truck pusher nkoh??

Wonder where NL's Truckpusher went, by the way. He, Redmosquito and Hungerbad were really something on here back in the day.

5 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Holluwaphlexy(m): 6:56am On May 06, 2022
I didn't see where you add plumbing work here o boss...... plumbing work requires lot of strength and skills too

Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. I have great respect for people who have these jobs as their professions. Do u know why? These their jobs is not for lazy guys and it involves strenght and skills and the risk.
1. Bricklayers
2. Carpentars
3. Welders
4. Aluminium works
9. Tailoring

2 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by nairaman66(m): 8:11am On May 06, 2022
talk2hb1:

Try Software Development

Software development is not done under the rain or sunshine! You didn’t get the drift the OP was all about!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Truvelisback(m): 8:15am On May 06, 2022
phemmyfour:
Programming, Teaching, drawing ain't easy too. Every job with its own risk
I know that they aren't easy but they are softwork compared to these jobs i mentioned.
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by talk2hb1(m): 8:24am On May 06, 2022
nairaman66:

Software development is not done under the rain or sunshine! You didn’t get the drift the OP was all about!
Sleeplessness, mental stress, among others
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by AfahaAbia(m): 8:30am On May 06, 2022
Kantebets:
do u know how fit a bricklayer who works under sun is compared to u who just sits at home and eat and even sips sugary soft drink
The average bricklayer is fitter and stronger than you

Not really. Most of them don't live very long. I remember the masons who built my dad's house in 1996. Almost all of them are dead now... My dad and most of his friends who built houses then are still alive. I think the reason why they died so early was because of their poor eating habits. I noticed then that they loved taking fanta and bread and maybe when they get home they eat garri or rice.

14 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Truvelisback(m): 8:43am On May 06, 2022
AfahaAbia:

Not really. Most of them don't live very long. I remember the masons who built my dad's house in 1996. Almost all of them are dead now... My dad and most of his friends who built houses then are still alive. I think the reason why they died so early was because of their poor eating habits. I noticed then that they loved taking fanta and bread and maybe when they get home they eat garri or rice.
Fanta and Bread.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by nairaman66(m): 8:45am On May 06, 2022
talk2hb1:

Sleeplessness, mental stress, among others

But in a good working environment compared to the ones on the list.

1 Like

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Gbadebo19(m): 9:00am On May 06, 2022
Kantebets:
I carry 300 nine inches everyday freshly moulded ones from the engine
I mix too sometimes under hot sun
If I comot shirt u go think say I don gym before
I give God the glory sha. The day I mixed 16 bags was a day I will never forget in my life.
We will leave this thing one day. I pray for you, I pray for me.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by majamajic(m): 9:24am On May 06, 2022
Where's Olosho work ?

3 Likes

Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Truvelisback(m): 9:50am On May 06, 2022
majamajic:
Where's Olosho work ?
Olosho na work? grin
Re: I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. by Kantebets(m): 9:53am On May 06, 2022
AfahaAbia:

cheesy
Bread and Fanta no good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

₦200,000 Minimum Wage: FG To Take Decision Soon / Fidelity Bank Workers Protest Over Non Payment Of Salaries / For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.