Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Should I Accept The New Job Offer? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Accept The New Job Offer? (13120 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / Otorisirieze Obi-young Gets New Job After Sack / Should I Accept This Job Or Move On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by Plugsk(m): 4:47pm On May 06, 2022
Sad truth about the whole education-job situation.
STEWpid:
Both the first and second, you don't have a job bro.

Nevertheless, I advice you stay with your first job. Plan to harness some monies to start doing something (self employed biz) but you must first remove your ego or pride. I advice you go into livestock.

Even if you like, work for life in either of the two companies, You can Never Achieve Anything That Makes Real Meaning.
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by Evidenx(m): 5:00pm On May 06, 2022
SirDelight:

Appreciated
You welcome bro.
One love.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by LOVEGINO(m): 5:05pm On May 06, 2022
SirDelight:

I have no belief in your assertion. It's just 18 months into the career & with my skill, I believe a better offer would come soon.

Update: Offer declined.

Thanks to all.
better

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by Watinhapen(m): 5:13pm On May 06, 2022
@ poster, this is my advice for you. I will advice you to tell the new company to reduce the one year that you must work with them to 6 months. If they agree, you should go with the new job since what you really care about is to upgrade your C.V. After six months, you can start looking for another job. The salary in either your current job or the new job is too small to achieve anything meaningful in your life.
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 06, 2022
ojuolu:
Stick to your present job bro. The new offer already underrated and undervalued you.
Forget about the nominal increase, it is not an increase per say. See below analysis.
If you have no accomodation for now or a lasting one, you will need 250k for a studio room in a not too fantastic part of Lagos and you will transport yourself with about 1000 naira a day. Put that at 25k a month and 300k year. That is already 550k less in real salary. Your new job offer you 1,032,000 naira per annum. Minus that 550k from it, you are left with 482,000 naira plus Lagos stress.
Your current job is paying you nominal 600k naira per annum plus 550k naira in benefits...that amount to real pay of 1,150,000 naira per annum minus the stress.
Untill you get a job of at least 2M in nominal value, or real value in Lagos, don't move.
The profile of the company should be the driving force not the role you are being offered. Some job role are just nomenclature. You can be call team lead engineer and be the only one in the dept leading yourself. And you can be a technician and part of a team in a robust company where your contribution will be considered as valuable by future employer because of the profile and the anticedent of the company (talking from experience here)
Finally, add value to yourself on the current job and keep updating your achievements, someone/company will value you and offer you something commensurate with your worth. Until then, don't sell yourself cheap.

Appreciated
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by Gamesmart: 7:55pm On May 06, 2022
SirDelight:
My current employer pays me N50k monthly with accommodation & transport benefits. Now, I have a new job offer of N80k salary with no accommodation. And the monthly estimation of transport fare for the new job would be N36k (from the N80k). But the only thing I am considering now is the new position I am offered, which would be of great value to my career pursuit. The new pay is nothing to write about, I am only considering the value the new position would add to my CV. Actually, our agreement during the interview was N80k for the three months' probationary period & there would be increment with satisfactory performance. The first offer letter they sent had N60k pay for the probation & N20k increment afterwards, which I rejected. The new offer letter has N80k pay with no increment after the probation. And, I would sign a year contract with them. I doubt surviving in Lagos with the salary. My current job is not in Lagos.

Kindly advise me on what to do. I have just 24hrs to accept or reject the offer.

It's a field engineering. I am currently a technician & now offered a field engineer's position (team lead).

Thanks in anticipation for your inputs.

You want to leave a N50K job outside Lagos for a N80K job in Lagos with an employer that is already showing dishonest tactics?

Who is swearing for you in your village?
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by Aaay: 9:04pm On May 06, 2022
No
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by IAmTobore(m): 9:05pm On May 06, 2022
SirDelight:

Update: Offer declined.

Thanks to all.
God save you. You for know d meaning of life.
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 07, 2022
IAmTobore:
God save you. You for know d meaning of life.

grin grin
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by IAmTobore(m): 5:49pm On May 08, 2022
SirDelight:

grin grin
But guy, how una take dey get all dis offer? I for like make u link me up with one.
Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by Nobody: 1:01am On May 21, 2022
IAmTobore:
But guy, how una take dey get all dis offer? I for like make u link me up with one.

Sorry for replying so late. I just came online now. With one or two skills, you're likely to get offers on LinkedIn. If you don't have a LinkedIn profile, I would advise you create one.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by LIFE60edet(m): 10:26pm On Jun 16, 2022
My brother, the only advice i have for you is that contentment is the greatest wealth, so becareful for the choice you make in life

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Petroleum & Exploration Companies In Nigeria & Their Website. / A Harsh Take On Locally-Trained Nigerians / Should Your Subordinate's Salary Be Higher Than Yours For Any Reason?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.