Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,788 members, 7,802,460 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! (62757 Views)

My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me / 'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Lucasmuyiwaa: 6:52pm On May 05, 2022
What happened was that my Dad collected a brand new iPhone I bought from me February last year all because some uncivilized people like him keeps telling him the phone I use is very expensive and said it’s used by yahoo boys and which my Dad hate the word YAHOO.

Though , I felt very sad wondering why he would collect a phone from a 27 years old Son.

I pleaded to him severally to please give me back the phone and I also sent some of his friends which they value each other to him to please help me beg him to return the phone but he keeps telling them he’s not gonna give me and instead get me a small phone that doesn’t browse so as to stop having internet access.

After many Months of using a small Android phone which is very uncomfortable for me and hoping I will gather some money and get a better phone for myself anytime soon.

I waited for some months but couldn’t afford a better phone cuz I don’t want to buy a very low budget phone since I’m addicted to smooth browsing on my IPhone.

Then I tried to find solution for myself by going to find the iPhone he seized in his room even though I don’t enter his room anyhow.

God so good i got into his room when everyone wasn’t aware and I found the phone where he kept it and took it.

I started having conscience on it and asking myself if I’ve messed up.

I came to Nairaland to ask what I should do maybe to return the phone or keep it with me.

I found out some people blamed me for invading his room and getting m my stuff.

Some people told me to return it and never do that again.

when I was going to return the phone I found out that the whole house are back and it’s not possible to go there that time.

I don’t know what to do because it was a luck that nobody was at home that day.

I reasoned to my self maybe I should go and deliver the phone to him myself fearing if he found out the phone is no more there the issue will escalate and will be too late.

The next morning I took the phone to him and told him I find it using a device on the phone with another phone to track it.

He was very annoyed and said what I did was bad with a very cool voice and gave me the phone back himself.

After few hours he called me and said he put some Saudi Money (Riyadh) in the carton he hide my phone and he couldn’t find the money there and asked me if I took it.

I sensed he was trying to tell me that in order to know what I did was bad.

I told him I didn’t take any money there and I honestly didn’t see any money there.

He let me leave and said he will try to find it very well later.

Then just today he called my married elder sister to come to our house and wanted to have a meeting with us cuz we are just two from our late mother.

From his speech he said he can’t be seeing me not working since I’m a graduate and I should find something doing.

He knew I was into exportation of Petrol to Cotonou before the work stopped due to border close down and too much customs officials on the road.

So he started insulting me I’m just being idle and don’t want to work because I’m getting money from yahoo because he returned my phone to me to have internet access.

I accepted all the insults he did to me and didn’t argue with him not until he said if I’m a good boy I won’t go into his room to take my phone and even take his money he kept there the other day.

I then knew he meant that word that I took his money again and which I didn’t even take or see.

Then he began raining insults on me and begin to lay emphasis on the money that I took my phone and his money.

At this point I was very mad and couldn’t hold myself from keeping silence and then I had to break it.

I told him I can take everything he do to me but accusing me wrongfully I will never take that with a mini voice and suddenly wanted to hit me which I run from him to escape.

On running through the steps, he suddenly grab the big stool in the sitting room and dropped it on my head which nearly hit me . (If that stool hit me I don’t know what will happen to me )

But I managed to escape and he started raining curses on me and insulting my late mother for giving him a son like me.

My sister was there too and all she kept saying was I’m very rude to disclaim the accusations and defending myself and she also start insulting me that how dare should I talk when he’s talking.

After few insults he gave me so he came downstairs and started insulting me again while I stand not too far from him.

He quickly picked up a very big stone and a big plank on the floor threw at me which if these two objects meet me I will still be bleeding by now.

He told me with anger that I’m a bastard and cursed me saying it will not better for me and we can never sleep together in the house today and he left and went out.

So my stepmother returned and I narrated everything to her and made her known I’m leaving the house to avoid unnecessary violence again because I’ve been planning to leave the house due to everyday arguments and his nags.

The stepmother told me not to leave the house and rather he will talk to him and calm him down and everything will be fine.

I already made my mind to leave the house and stay at the hotel for some days because my friend which I could go and stay with has traveled last week and said he will be back today.

I got to the hotel and booked the room and having some rests then I saw my stepmother call and she said I should come home and we need to talk.

I sensed maybe she was trying to set me up and I told her I’m at where I’m going to sleep tonight because I just don’t want to come home today.

She said I shouldn’t even think that way and promised me nothing is going to happen.

I believed her because she knows I respected her and I knows she likes me.

Then she told me to come home and sleep and assure me no violence will happen as she just need to talk to me privately which I don’t have idea what else she want to tell me .

Now should I go home or just sleep at the hotel and probably not going to go to that house again soon if I sleep at the hotel today ?

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Dontleaveme: 7:00pm On May 05, 2022
undecided

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by sholay2011(m): 7:00pm On May 05, 2022
This one na real wa...

If there are people that can go with you to apologize to your dad (it's not good for one's parent to rain curses on them even if not justified), but I don't think it's the best idea to go sleep in that house. This should be a wake up-call for you to be independent of your dad. You will actually earn his respect that way, and he may begin to miss you sef after all the fights una don fight. But really, can your father kill you ni or is his anger that bad?

God help you.

214 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by wis3(m): 7:06pm On May 05, 2022
someone might have taken the money, it's also very likely there wasn't any missing money. He's just trying to blame you for it since you went throw his things without his permission. hes just used to seeing you around too much. He'll come around

176 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Lucasmuyiwaa: 7:09pm On May 05, 2022
sholay2011:
This one na real wa...

If there are people that can go with you to apologize to your dad (it's not good for one's parent to rain curses on them even if not justified), but I don't think it's the best idea to go sleep in that house. This should be a wake up-call for you to be independent of your dad. You will actually earn his respect that way, and he may begin to miss you sef after all the fights una don fight. But really, can your father kill you ni or is his anger that bad?

God help you.

Thank you very much brr....
If I think about his behavior I will not go that house this night. But the stepmother told me to come home and she knows I respected her. I even told her man she’s trying to set me up but she said and swear she can’t let that happen even if he want to act violence not alone of her trying to set me up. Though i believed her

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Lucasmuyiwaa: 7:11pm On May 05, 2022
wis3:
someone might have taken the money, it's also very likely there wasn't any missing money. He's just trying to blame you for it since you went throw his things without his permission. hes just used to seeing you around too much. He'll come around

I’m having same thoughts too about the money.
But do you mean I should stay away from him ?

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by WondaBeauty(f): 7:11pm On May 05, 2022
Your story is enough to make any sane person get headache or go insane.

All the SO's are more than enough to build a church.(no offense)

I would advise you go back home and talk with her cos she seems like the easy medium to your father.

But in all, FOLLOW UR MIND.

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by neonly: 7:11pm On May 05, 2022
You are a bad boy
How will feel if yur own child did d same to u
No respect
Karma is waiting
Am sure of you have channeled dat same energy to do some thing surprising for he would has still given u yur phone
But now u have allow phone to break d bridge between and yur father
The money was not d Issie u betray his trust
Goodluck

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Lucasmuyiwaa: 7:14pm On May 05, 2022
WondaBeauty:
Your story is enough to make any sane person get headache or go insane.

All the SO's are more than enough to build a church.(no offense)

I would advise you go back home and talk with her cos she seems like the easy medium to your father.

But in all, FOLLOW UR MIND.

Please forgive me for the so so.
Please my mind is one mind in two options. I need to know your mind too or your advice maybe it will help pls

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by wis3(m): 7:15pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

I’m having same thoughts too about the money.
But do you mean I should stay away from him ?
Don't stay away. Be less available. It'll help more if you stayed on your own and you'll only come to visit once in awhile.

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Lucasmuyiwaa: 7:18pm On May 05, 2022
neonly:
You are a bad boy
No respect
Karma is waiting
Am sure of you have channeled dat same energy to do some thing surprising for he would has still given u yur phone
But now u has allow phone to break d bridge between and yur father
Goodluck

You know it’s my property..and I can’t seize a phone from my child just to suffer him why ? And a grown man for that matter.

I don’t even like it when I had thoughts why he would seize my phone. What if I was not staying with him or o get something bigger than that? So he has right to seize anything from me cuz I’m his son abi even with my hard earned money.

231 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Goldbw122(m): 7:19pm On May 05, 2022
Hmm this one na small thing, thank God that you did not get injured, your father angry is something else.

Find something doing, a job, just find something doing that will make you go to work every day, going early and coming late at night, so that he will see you less, and be fond of you less, talk with your stepmother to see how the progress will go... Then if the conversation go fine, go home but if not find a friend place to stay for a moment, like a friend place, and move again to rent your apartment.. well any way for find something doing a work... So that your father will earn your respect..

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Lucasmuyiwaa: 7:19pm On May 05, 2022
wis3:
Don't stay away. Be less available. It'll help more if you stayed on your own and you'll only come to visit once in awhile.

Thank you boss

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by chatinent: 7:26pm On May 05, 2022
You dey hawk “so?”

Na so so so so so I dey read.

5 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by eniolorunfe: 7:30pm On May 05, 2022
Enough drama for one day. Make everybody rest!

Go and see them tomorrow or even weekend sef and after the discussions leave. I think it’s time you get your own place… see finish don enter una mata.

211 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Lucasmuyiwaa: 7:32pm On May 05, 2022
chatinent:
You dey hawk “so?”

Na so so so so so I dey read.

Modified pls

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Lucasmuyiwaa: 7:33pm On May 05, 2022
eniolorunfe:
Enough drama for one day. Make everybody rest!

Go and see them tomorrow or even weekend sef and after the discussions leave. I think it’s time you get your own place… see finish don enter una mata.

God bless you sir.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Vincyman: 7:33pm On May 05, 2022
Your Dad got hatred for you I guess , bro don't go back this night, find a good day and go back. Then u give him apology. After that, you can then move on with ur life

89 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by neonly: 7:34pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

You know it’s my property..and I can’t seize a phone from my child just to suffer him why ? And a grown man for that matter.

I don’t even like it when I had thoughts why he would seize my phone. What if I was not staying with him or o get something bigger than that? So he has right to seize anything from me cuz I’m his son abi even with my hard earned money.

Do u know d kind of sacrifice yur dad endure to raise you to d point where u can afford a phone common it just a phone
U hurt him but you might no know d kind gravity
He probably showing off indirectly to yur step mum dat my children listen to me etc
Yes if you were staying in yur own place d case wound be different but wait his house his rules
My own dad was still beating with correct slap even though I was staying in my own house till I got d age of 38
Bro's it was just a phone you could have saved again to buy another one
It shows u are rude
U try dat my late papa u are done
What yur did was bad accept and try to build trust and d bridge between you and yur dad back OK

6 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by WondaBeauty(f): 7:36pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

Please forgive me for the so so.
Please my mind is one mind in two options. I need to know your mind too or your advice maybe it will help pls

Like i said earlier, go back home and talk with ur stepmother if you trust her that much and still respect enough.

But you have to also let them know that you won't live there anymore after the issue is settled.

Let ur father know that you are man now and need to plan ur own life and family.

I guess that you aren't bringing anything to the table and thats why you're treated this way by ur father.
(nigerian parents at good at this).

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by eniolorunfe: 7:38pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

God bless you sir.

Amen and you too.
Don’t let anyone emotionally blackmail you because they won’t be there when kasala burst.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by SHINJA: 7:53pm On May 05, 2022
neonly:

Do u know d kind of sacrifice yur dad endure to raise you to d point where u can afford a phone common it just a phone
U hurt him but you might no know d kind gravity
He probably showing off indirectly to yur step mum dat my children listen to me etc
Yes if you were staying in yur own place d case wound be different but wait his house his rules
My own dad was still beating with correct slap even though I was staying in my own house till I got d age of 38
Bro's it was just a phone you could have saved again to buy another one
It shows u are rude
U try dat my late papa u are done
What yur did was bad accept and try to build trust and d bridge between you and yur dad back OK

Shut up abeg dey yarn trash . even Bible talk say mk parents no provoke dem pikin...

Which kind papa go dey insult him late wife and dey call her pikin bastard,want even kill am..

201 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by neonly: 7:57pm On May 05, 2022
SHINJA:

Shut up abeg dey yarn trash . even Bible talk say mk parents no provoke dem pikin...

Which kind papa go dey insult him late wife and dey call her pikin bastard,want even kill am..

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Rexymania(m): 8:11pm On May 05, 2022
Go home

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Victerica(m): 8:13pm On May 05, 2022
neonly:
You are a bad boy
No respect
Karma is waiting
But now u have allow phone to break d bridge between and yur father
Goodluck

Did the father do same to his father?

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Zaheertyler(m): 8:28pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:
What happened was that my Dad collected a brand new iPhone I bought from me February last year all because some uncivilized people like him keeps telling him the phone I use is very expensive and said it’s used by yahoo boys and which my Dad hate the word YAHOO.

Though , I felt very sad wondering why he would collect a phone from a 27 years old Son.

I pleaded to him severally to please give me back the phone and I also sent some of his friends which they value each other to him to please help me beg him to return the phone but he keeps telling them he’s not gonna give me and instead get me a small phone that doesn’t browse so as to stop having internet access.

After many Months of using a small Android phone which is very uncomfortable for me and hoping I will gather some money and get a better phone for myself anytime soon.

I waited for some months but couldn’t afford a better phone cuz I don’t want to buy a very low budget phone since I’m addicted to smooth browsing on my IPhone.

Then I tried to find solution for myself by going to find the iPhone he seized in his room even though I don’t enter his room anyhow.

God so good i got into his room when everyone wasn’t aware and I found the phone where he kept it and took it.

I came to Nairaland to ask what I should do maybe to return the phone or keep it with me.

when I was going to return the phone I found out that the whole house are back and it’s not possible to go there that time.

I reasoned to my self maybe I should go and deliver the phone to him myself fearing if he found out the phone is no more there the issue will escalate and will be too late.

The next morning I took the phone to him and told him I find it using a device on the phone with another phone to track it.

He was very annoyed and said what I did was bad with a very cool voice and gave me the phone back himself.

After few hours he called me and said he put some Saudi Money (Riyadh) in the carton he hide my phone and he couldn’t find the money there and asked me if I took it.

I told him I didn’t take any money there and I honestly didn’t see any money there.

Then just today he called my married elder sister to come to our house and wanted to have a meeting with us cuz we are just two from our late mother.

From his speech he said he can’t be seeing me not working since I’m a graduate and I should find something doing.

He knew I was into exportation of Petrol to Cotonou before the work stopped due to border close down and too much customs officials on the road.

So he started insulting me I’m just being idle and don’t want to work because I’m getting money from yahoo because he returned my phone to me to have internet access.

I accepted all the insults he did to me and didn’t argue with him not until he said if I’m a good boy I won’t go into his room to take my phone and even take his money he kept there the other day.

I then knew he meant that word that I took his money again and which I didn’t even take or see.

Then he began raining insults on me and begin to lay emphasis on the money that I took my phone and his money.

At this point I was very mad and couldn’t hold myself from keeping silence and then I had to break it.

I told him I can take everything he do to me but accusing me wrongfully I will never take that with a mini voice and suddenly wanted to hit me which I run from him to escape.

On running through the steps, he suddenly grab the big stool in the sitting room and dropped it on my head which nearly hit me . (If that stool hit me I don’t know what will happen to me )

But I managed to escape and he started raining curses on me and insulting my late mother for giving him a son like me.

My sister was there too and all she kept saying was I’m very rude to disclaim the accusations and defending myself and she also start insulting me that how dare should I talk when he’s talking.

After few insults he gave me so he came downstairs and started insulting me again while I stand not too far from him.

He quickly picked up a very big stone and a big plank on the floor threw at me which if these two objects meet me I will still be bleeding by now.

He told me with anger that I’m a bastard and cursed me saying it will not better for me and we can never sleep together in the house today and he left and went out.

So my stepmother returned and I narrated everything to her and made her known I’m leaving the house to avoid unnecessary violence again because I’ve been planning to leave the house due to everyday arguments and his nags.

The stepmother told me not to leave the house and rather he will talk to him and calm him down and everything will be fine.

I already made my mind to leave the house and stay at the hotel for some days because my friend which I could go and stay with has traveled last week and said he will be back today.

I got to the hotel and booked the room and having some rests then I saw my stepmother call and she said I should come home and we need to talk.

I sensed maybe she was trying to set me up and I told her I’m at where I’m going to sleep tonight because I just don’t want to come home today.

She said I shouldn’t even think that way and promised me nothing is going to happen.

Then she told me to come home and sleep and assure me no violence will happen as she just need to talk to me privately which I don’t have idea what else she want to tell me .

Now should I go home or just sleep at the hotel and probably not going to go to that house again soon if I sleep at the hotel today ?

Lol ajebo
At 27 your papa never Dey give you your respect even if you Dey him house lol
You know say na lie you no fit clear am say why him go Dey lie against you ..why him go even sieze phone way you buy self
You suppose Dey clear the man with respect
Him go Dey give you your way
But you be ajebo sha

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Barims(m): 8:29pm On May 05, 2022
Your dad is narcissistic/sociopath

21 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Sweetvie: 8:32pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

Hmm... Sorry
First of all, your first mistake is going to his room to take back the phone... It just iPhone no biggie... That's disrespect.
You said you're 27? And still living in your dad house? What do u expect b4... Still living in your parent place without bringing in money, putting food on the table... Even if you're using infinix he will still say you're doing Yahoo. But your dad doesn't seem to like u, maybe becz u r jobless without finding other mean.
No parent shld curse their children,it totally bad. I still remember, samething happened to my bro, like u he went to take the phone back... My dad was so angry that he took the stick we're using to burn some stuff to almost hit my bro thank God my other bro was there but u know what surprised me most?He did not utter one curse like this.
Go find something to do if you're coming in late no one will talk abt u
Well, sleep where you're then by tomorrow go back to beg him by then he will b calm... If u go now,u go collect smiley

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by JoyousFurnitire(m): 8:36pm On May 05, 2022
Call your sister. If possible, she should come home so she can witness everything tonight.

Be vigilant, don't move too close to your dad.

What could make your dad so vexed that you're using a costly iPhone?

Did you purchase the phone while you still have a job?

If not, probably he taught you ain't thinking about the right priority.

Could you have used the money to start a business?

We're you able to show him how you purchase the phone and how you get tokens for data subscription?

If not all that, you're not far from a criminal and so treating you as such.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by cococandy(f): 8:38pm On May 05, 2022
Your father is abusive. His curse won’t do anything to you.
I don’t know why African parents like to provoke their children

If you had money, he won’t be trying you this way as a 27 year old man that you are

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Lucasmuyiwaa: 8:39pm On May 05, 2022
Goldbw122:
Hmm this one na small thing, thank God that you did not get injured, your father angry is something else.

Find something doing, a job, just find something doing that will make you go to work every day, going early and coming late at night, so that he will see you less, and be fond of you less, talk with your stepmother to see how the progress will go... Then if the conversation go fine, go home but if not find a friend place to stay for a moment, like a friend place, and move again to rent your apartment.. well any way for find something doing a work... So that your father will earn your respect..

But what if I haven’t find something doing physically can I still leave the house for him still?

Because I sell and buy bulk bitcoin and he doesn’t know about that that’s why he feel I’m just sleeping and not working.

7 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by demmie1: 8:40pm On May 05, 2022
At 27 you are still living under your father's roof, what a shame.

Take my advice, sell that iPhone and use the money to rent a room, start living independently by yourself and you will see progress.

Your father lying against you is not the worst tht can happen to you as long as you are still under him.

45 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father / Youths Catch Man Having Sex With Married Woman In The Bush In Owerri / Husband Catches His Wife & Lover Having Sex In Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.