Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,377 members, 7,800,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards (13548 Views)

Are People Still Reacharging Their Lines With Paper Recharge Cards / Glo Yakata Prepaid Plan Launched- Get Up To 6GB Of Data On Recharge / MTN 2000% Bonus On Recharge For 3 Months!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by izombie(m): 11:11am On May 06, 2022
Buhari has no idea that when you tax companies you are indirectly taxing the masses. Na wa
Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by Cognitivereason: 11:16am On May 06, 2022
gozmok1:
PETER OBI WAS A GUEST OF BEREKETE FAMILY TODAY. BEREKETE IS AN ABUJA RADIO 101.1 FM PHONING PROGRAM ANCHORED BY A MAN WITH STUDIO NAME; ORDINARY PRESIDENT. TRUE TO THE NAME OF THE PROGRAM ANCHOR HE PETER OBI THE GUEST, TURNED TO AN ORDINARY PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA. BELOW ARE SOME OF OBI'S SOUND BITES WHICH CAUTH ME SHADING TEARS AND WEEPING FOR NIGERIA. I WONDER IS NIGERIA CAN AFFORD TO MISS PETER OBI'S PRESIDENCY.

1. It is a mark of irresponsibility that our children are at home and we are campaigning - Peter Obi

2. We bought our tickets at 40million/100 million. Can Nigerians demand from candidates their annual in come taxes - Peter Obi

3. Nigeria is chairing 18 billion dollars from oil revenue while Malaysia is making 50 billion dollars from Diaspora remittance - Peter Obi

4. By 2030 the whole world will be in dire need of computer engineers and health professionals to the tune of 10 million people and our children are wasting at home - Peter Obi

5.Kwamen Nkuruma University Ghana is the best university in Africa and one of the best 50 in the world in science and Technology study - Peter Obi

6. If I become the President education in primary and secondary schools will be free while Tertiary education will not be free - Peter Obi

7. My first three priority as President will be education, education and education - Peter Obi

8. I will invest and invest in education and export graduates and increase diaspora remittance from 20 billion dollars - Peter Obi

9. As Governor of Anambra State I paid all Corps members serving in schools 4,000 naira on 24th of every month as stipend - Peter Obi

10. As Governor I paid every citizen of Anambra above age of 70 and residing in rural area a stipend of 5,000 naira every month - Peter Obi

11. When I assumed office as Governor, I discovered the that Anambra State have governor's Lodge at Abuja. I renovated the building and donated it to United nations free of charge. It eliminated our cost of maintenance and till today UN has been supporting Anambra State Government - Peter Obi

12. You can fight insecurity in two ways, natural insecurity is fought by creating job and institutional insecurity will be fought with Technology - Peter Obi

13. There is nothing like security vote in our constitution. What we have is contingency vote which should be max 4% of expenditure - Peter Obi

14. As Governor they brought security vote of 12.5 billion for approval annually. From there I gave each primary school in the sate 5 million each, secondly school 10 million each and supported five school of nursing and midwifery to get accreditation. Gave about 500 first class graduates from Anambra each 1 million Naira. All cost the state 10 billion. The remaing 2.5 billion was used as security vote which covered payment of security personnel at communities, bought vehicles for 200 communities in Anambra - Peter Obi

15. To create jobs banks must be made to give certain percentage of loans to SMEs - Peter Obi

16. I have a 28 years old son who works in UK and he has no car. He has to earn and buy himself a car - Peter Obi

17. My 30 years old daughter is a teacher in a secondary school and she is happy doing her work - Peter Obi

18. Throughout my 8 years as Governor, nobody of Obi family served in my government. I was the one elected and none of them. I take all responsibility of governance - Peter Obi

19. If as President, I don't steal, my wife and children don't steal, Corruption would have been cut by 50% - Peter Obi

20. The youths you neglect today will take a revenge on you tomorrow. #TAKE BACK YOUR COUNTRY# - Peter Obi. etc etc etc.

So peter Obi is coming to place all his priorities on education?... undecided

Don't get me wrong..
But there are far too many educated people roaming about the street and to very few that are able to make us of their skills are being tormented by the realities of Nigeria...

If he is coming to focus on education to produce more qualified graduates...

Then he should rest..

Our problem now is electricity..
Provide electricity and even the illiterate will be able to fair better for themselves...

Education can wait..what the point getting fully educated if u can't use ur skills in Nigeria only to fly abroad and work...

Pls..any candidate that isnt consigned about fixing power should rest..

Electricity will solve no less than 30% of Nigeria's problem from security to economy to education...

For education..all we need to do is to settle ASUU for now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by Cognitivereason: 11:26am On May 06, 2022
Na to recharge from bank.. cool
Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by danngnews: 11:29am On May 06, 2022
Buhari came to kill steal and destroy. But no shaking as far as go pay same recharge card tax, I no mind, we die here.

Darling Daddy my freaking black arsse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by Decency2020(f): 11:42am On May 06, 2022
THEY BORROWED THE MONEY TO SHARE AMONG THEMSELVES WITH NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT AS INFRSTRUCTURE AND ONE WAY OR THE OTHER PASS THE BURDEN TO THE MASSES WHO WERE HAILING THEM BASED ON RELIGION OR TRIBE.

POWER COST ON THE RISE AND NOW TELE SERVICES WHICH THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT GIVING THE MASSES IS ON THE RISE TOO.

BUT NIGERIANS ASKED FOR IT.

NEXT LEVEL HERE WE ARE. NO ONE IS TALKING OF ONE NAIRA TO ONE DOLAR AGAIN OR SECURITY OR FUEL PRICE. MEANWHILE ANOTHER ANCESTOR IS ALREADY WARMING UP, ACCORDING TO HIM TO CONTINUE FROM WHERE THIS SKELETON WILL STOP AND HE ALREADY HAS FAN BASE HERE ON NAIRALAND

BOTTOM LINE IS THAT NIGERIANS ARE FOOLS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by expert234: 11:45am On May 06, 2022
gozmok1:
PETER OBI WAS A GUEST OF BEREKETE FAMILY TODAY. BEREKETE IS AN ABUJA RADIO 101.1 FM PHONING PROGRAM ANCHORED BY A MAN WITH STUDIO NAME; ORDINARY PRESIDENT. TRUE TO THE NAME OF THE PROGRAM ANCHOR HE PETER OBI THE GUEST, TURNED TO AN ORDINARY PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA. BELOW ARE SOME OF OBI'S SOUND BITES WHICH CAUTH ME SHADING TEARS AND WEEPING FOR NIGERIA. I WONDER IS NIGERIA CAN AFFORD TO MISS PETER OBI'S PRESIDENCY.

1. It is a mark of irresponsibility that our children are at home and we are campaigning - Peter Obi

2. We bought our tickets at 40million/100 million. Can Nigerians demand from candidates their annual in come taxes - Peter Obi

3. Nigeria is chairing 18 billion dollars from oil revenue while Malaysia is making 50 billion dollars from Diaspora remittance - Peter Obi

4. By 2030 the whole world will be in dire need of computer engineers and health professionals to the tune of 10 million people and our children are wasting at home - Peter Obi

5.Kwamen Nkuruma University Ghana is the best university in Africa and one of the best 50 in the world in science and Technology study - Peter Obi

6. If I become the President education in primary and secondary schools will be free while Tertiary education will not be free - Peter Obi

7. My first three priority as President will be education, education and education - Peter Obi

8. I will invest and invest in education and export graduates and increase diaspora remittance from 20 billion dollars - Peter Obi

9. As Governor of Anambra State I paid all Corps members serving in schools 4,000 naira on 24th of every month as stipend - Peter Obi

10. As Governor I paid every citizen of Anambra above age of 70 and residing in rural area a stipend of 5,000 naira every month - Peter Obi

11. When I assumed office as Governor, I discovered the that Anambra State have governor's Lodge at Abuja. I renovated the building and donated it to United nations free of charge. It eliminated our cost of maintenance and till today UN has been supporting Anambra State Government - Peter Obi

12. You can fight insecurity in two ways, natural insecurity is fought by creating job and institutional insecurity will be fought with Technology - Peter Obi

13. There is nothing like security vote in our constitution. What we have is contingency vote which should be max 4% of expenditure - Peter Obi

14. As Governor they brought security vote of 12.5 billion for approval annually. From there I gave each primary school in the sate 5 million each, secondly school 10 million each and supported five school of nursing and midwifery to get accreditation. Gave about 500 first class graduates from Anambra each 1 million Naira. All cost the state 10 billion. The remaing 2.5 billion was used as security vote which covered payment of security personnel at communities, bought vehicles for 200 communities in Anambra - Peter Obi

15. To create jobs banks must be made to give certain percentage of loans to SMEs - Peter Obi

16. I have a 28 years old son who works in UK and he has no car. He has to earn and buy himself a car - Peter Obi

17. My 30 years old daughter is a teacher in a secondary school and she is happy doing her work - Peter Obi

18. Throughout my 8 years as Governor, nobody of Obi family served in my government. I was the one elected and none of them. I take all responsibility of governance - Peter Obi

19. If as President, I don't steal, my wife and children don't steal, Corruption would have been cut by 50% - Peter Obi

20. The youths you neglect today will take a revenge on you tomorrow. #TAKE BACK YOUR COUNTRY# - Peter Obi. etc etc etc.

Open new thread for and notify the mods to push it to front page. There is also no link.

2 Likes

Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by Johel(m): 11:45am On May 06, 2022
Islie:

https://guardian.ng/news/more-worries-for-telecoms-subscribers-as-fg-plans-5-duty-on-recharge-cards/

My God shall supply all my needs, according to his riches in glory....

Fvxk the government, to hell with za system.
Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by SarkinYarki: 11:48am On May 06, 2022
Buhari it can never be well on your descendants ..After barring millions of lines you still want to add inflation

1 Like

Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by Taiggarr: 11:49am On May 06, 2022
gozmok1:

I have always been an avid Peter Obi fan..

Till I met him with Enyinnaya Abaribe and noticed how much of a sleak, deceptive LYING MACHINE he was..

Peter Obi is just your average everyday politician!
Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by adebayo987: 11:50am On May 06, 2022
Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by OlawaleBammie: 11:57am On May 06, 2022
gozmok1:

its sweet to hearing but buhari said more sweeter words than this, i dont trust anybody in power, not even my father

1 Like

Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by Jamesbiodun(m): 12:05pm On May 06, 2022
We have been paying tax on calling before now another tax on tax angry
Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by supereagle(m): 12:07pm On May 06, 2022
Enjoy Buhari and APC new level of change.
Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by nedekid: 12:12pm On May 06, 2022
Jhena:

Believe me, if u are old enough and have lived through several political campaigns, you will know that these lines are generic. Nothing new or different. Same lines have heard all through 2011 and 2015. I stopped listening by 2019.
Look at the person in questions precedence. That should tell fairly if the fellow is just a talker or a doer.
Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by nedekid: 12:14pm On May 06, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
its sweet to hearing but buhari said more sweeter words than this, i dont trust anybody in power, not even my father
Look at thr persons precedence.
Eg, who was buhari before? A recessionist in the 80s.
Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by OlawaleBammie: 12:16pm On May 06, 2022
nedekid:

Look at thr persons precedence.
Eg, who was buhari before? A recessionist in the 80s.
well, u re right on that sha.

But Nigerian would never get sense

1 Like

Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by Queenslander(f): 12:21pm On May 06, 2022
Next level 4+4 ☺️
Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by ufotunang: 12:23pm On May 06, 2022
Useless government...just to impose taxes on the common man to get revenue... they can do to generate revenue from other sources, the crude oil ,mineral resources , agricultural resources we have abundant in nigeria... nigerians shine your eyes do not allow this incompetent politicians to deceive you again
Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by NamelessOGBENI(m): 12:24pm On May 06, 2022
"As much as there are challenges in the country, necessitating so many drastic situations, I believe telcos can still manage. They are still declaring huge profits. I will say instead of hiking tariffs, they should look at other areas they can explore to bring in more earnings."

Just imagine the load of cobblers in the above comment.
Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by Gflex488: 12:43pm On May 06, 2022
This oppression is just too much

Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by olanrewaju99(m): 1:32pm On May 06, 2022
gozmok1:

Obi is the only candidate am seeing with positive and potential change we need, only if cabal can give him a chance. The problem of Nigeria is far beyond social media vote, rants and decisions. Party have the over all power then the people. Let's shun tribalism and support a candidate with vision and leadership of no partiality.
Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by okeke6969: 2:00pm On May 06, 2022
[color=#990000][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b]
Nigerians are noise makers.
No action in their vein.
Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by lexy2014: 2:03pm On May 06, 2022
Islie:

https://guardian.ng/news/more-worries-for-telecoms-subscribers-as-fg-plans-5-duty-on-recharge-cards/

theraregem1 okefranci nonpartisan1 buckeyemedia1 Nigerialabalaba blackpanda vedaxcool NGpatriot presidency lovenorth officialgarri seunmsg helineus leodeking splitmind princemajestic heebrahim2....

There's electricity to be increased, call and data tariffs to be increased and now this. Am sure u guys will be exempted for supporting buhari and osinbajo
Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by lexy2014: 2:04pm On May 06, 2022
Islie:

theraregem1 okefranci nonpartisan1 buckeyemedia1 Nigerialabalaba blackpanda vedaxcool NGpatriot presidency lovenorth officialgarri seunmsg helineus leodeking splitmind princemajestic heebrahim2....

There's electricity tariff to be increased, call and data tariffs to be increased and now this. Am sure u guys will be exempted for supporting buhari and osinbajo
Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by sulaak(m): 2:25pm On May 06, 2022
gozmok1:

Talk is cheap but how will he do an

if I become the President education in primary and secondary schools will be free while Tertiary education will not be free - Peter Obi
How will he find the funds, teachers, and schools? Education is the responsibility of both federal and state authorities.

7. My first three priorities as President will be education, education and education - Peter Obi

Education is a joint state, private and federal sector, how will he get federal policies to impact state education policies

How will you fund the war against insecurity, considering many actors in government are part of the insecurity problem
Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by Arrowss(m): 3:15pm On May 06, 2022
gozmok1:

Gentleman, I am from Ogun state and I recide in Ogun state, so am seeing thing from Ogun state, I am very impressed with this, this is the second time I'll hear something about peter obi, few days ago, someone I don't remember again told me, in yor "have you heard about peter obi of Anambra? the man is doing well" and now see your write up. �
Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by NaijaCars4sale: 3:30pm On May 06, 2022
This is will increase the hardship faced by the average Nigerian
Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by Aaay: 9:07pm On May 06, 2022
Really
Re: FG Plans 5% Duty On Recharge Cards by Mryacks: 10:36pm On May 06, 2022
gozmok1:

Impressive...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Infinix X571 Note 4 Pro Flash Charging Is Fluctuating / 4GB Of Ram And 32GB Storage Brand New Smartphone That Costs 31k / How To Block Unwanted Email Addresses In Gmail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.