Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

How God Can Fix Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How God Can Fix Nigeria (2846 Views)

Odumeje: I'm Not Educated; How God Taught Me To Read And Speak English (Video) / Is There Really Anything God Can To Restore Leah Sheribu's Lost Years? / Things You Never Thought God Can Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How God Can Fix Nigeria by Hermes119: 9:25am On May 06, 2022
Now this is a quick one

Christians and Muslims are always praying to God to fix Nigeria and of course solve their needs and it amazes me that nothing has happened yet,Nigeria simply keeps getting worse while God is supposedly all powerful.
Now I've got a perfect idea of how God can fix over half of Nigeria's problems and at the same time convert maybe all of the nations population and beyond to his preferred religion (Christianity or Islam) and at the same time solve over half of believers needs,now check this out

What God has to do is very simple,inflict anybody that is involved in embezzling of funds(I mean those who are doing it at that point not retrospectively) with a particular gruesome illness that is intractable to any treatment and then speak through a respected prophet informing the whole nation that he is responsible for the situation and why,and if the offender publicly confesses,repents, and returns the stolen funds the illness would disappear.

If this happens of course numerous people would fall victim and if the pattern of the illness is consistent some people would turn to God and be healed and it would become obvious by the day that it's the work of God and more people would turn to God and just like that nearly everyone who was inflicted would turn to God and be healed. Now this would prevent anybody from looting because they know what would happen next,you can imagine what change this would bring to the country,corrupt leaders would give way cos they know they can't steal when they get into office so committed people would take over the positions,at the same time God must have answered half of believers prayers because if leaders are doing their job the people would have less problems,at the same time God would prove his existence to non believers and people of other faiths this would definitely lead to a mass conversion.
So by merely exercising a little power he would change the destiny of this country and maybe the world. With a single act like this,just a very small action you can imagine the change it would bring to our lives and into the world,now imagine if God was doing more of this the entire world would become believers ,people would sit up,the world would become a better place.

But guess what,pray from now till eternity this would never happen,you know why,because the God you pray to doesn't exist. I mean think about it how is it that your God has so much power, infact he overflows with power,his powers are unquantifiable and yet the world is the way it is, what is the point of having so much power and you can't do very little things that would change the world forever.

I know Believers would give excuses but note that my suggestions doesn't affect free will(your favourite excuse), in the bible God did something similar,the Israelites and Pharoah, remember. You know that such won't happen so of course you are just going to keep giving excuses but ask yourself if you had the power won't you effect the solution I just mentioned and would whatever excuse you give for your God detract you from doing so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:31am On May 06, 2022
No Christian is praying to God for any country to be fixed because God's word already told us that things will continue to get worse until God's Kingdom come.
So it's misinformed religionists that's selfishly praying for their own countries to be fixed.
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Hermes119: 9:35am On May 06, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
No Christian is praying to God for any country to be fixed because God's word already told us that things will continue to get worse until God's Kingdom come.
So it's misinformed religionists that's selfishly praying for their own countries to be fixed.
Great !!!!
A Jehovah witness' point of view
Well majority of Christians do not agree with you and by the way do you pray to God to solve your needs. And why does the world need to get worse until Gods kingdom come and not otherwise ?

2 Likes

Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:00am On May 06, 2022
Hermes119:

Great !!!!
Well majority of Christians do not agree with you
Thanks for giving me the privilege!
First of all Jesus' real followers must have the same line of thought on what God says {John 17:22; 1Corinthians 1:10} so when you see several sects claiming denominations with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines yet claiming they all belong to the same master know that Satan is the one behind the scene! 1Corinthians 14:33; 2Corinthians 4:4

and by the way do you pray to God to solve your needs.

YES! My needs is whatever will make my preaching and teaching ministry a success, not material possessions where i will also needs to distribute guns for less privileged to protect me! Matthew 6:19

And why does the world need to get worse until Gods kingdom come and not otherwise ?

God's Kingdom means God's own government.
Adam and Eve turned against our Creator as they want to rule over themselves {Genesis 3:1-6} which has led us to where we are today! Ecclesiastes 4:1; 8:9; Jeremiah 10:23
So as long as humans are hoping in human government things will continue to get worse, until God's Kingdom comes to wipe all human government off! Daniel 2:44 smiley
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Maynman: 10:09am On May 06, 2022
Please can you explain further.
Which “god” are you talking about? Allah? Yahweh? Elohim? Olorun? Zeus? Odin?
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by tctrills: 10:23am On May 06, 2022
Hermes119:
Now this is a quick one

Christians and Muslims are always praying to God to fix Nigeria and of course solve their needs and it amazes me that nothing has happened yet,Nigeria simply keeps getting worse while God is supposedly all powerful.
Now I've got a perfect idea of how God can fix over half of Nigeria's problems and at the same time convert maybe all of the nations population and beyond to his preferred religion (Christianity or Islam) and at the same time solve over half of believers needs,now check this out

What God has to do is very simple,inflict anybody that is involved in embezzling of funds(I mean those who are doing it at that point not retrospectively) with a particular gruesome illness that is intractable to any treatment and then speak through a respected prophet informing the whole nation that he is responsible for the situation and why,and if the offender publicly confesses,repents, and returns the stolen funds the illness would disappear.

If this happens of course numerous people would fall victim and if the pattern of the illness is consistent some people would turn to God and be healed and it would become obvious by the day that it's the work of God and more people would turn to God and just like that nearly everyone who was inflicted would turn to God and be healed. Now this would prevent anybody from looting because they know what would happen next,you can imagine what change this would bring to the country,corrupt leaders would give way cos they know they can't steal when they get into office so committed people would take over the positions,at the same time God must have answered half of believers prayers because if leaders are doing their job the people would have less problems,at the same time God would prove his existence to non believers and people of other faiths this would definitely lead to a mass conversion.
So by merely exercising a little power he would change the destiny of this country and maybe the world. With a single act like this,just a very small action you can imagine the change it would bring to our lives and into the world,now imagine if God was doing more of this the entire world would become believers ,people would sit up,the world would become a better place.

But guess what,pray from now till eternity this would never happen,you know why,because the God you pray to doesn't exist. I mean think about it how is it that your God has so much power, infact he overflows with power,his powers are unquantifiable and yet the world is the way it is, what is the point of having so much power and you can't do very little things that would change the world forever.

I know Believers would give excuses but note that my suggestions doesn't affect free will(your favourite excuse), in the bible God did something similar,the Israelites and Pharoah, remember. You know that such won't happen so of course you are just going to keep giving excuses but ask yourself if you had the power won't you effect the solution I just mentioned and would whatever excuse you give for your God detract you from doing so.

A few things here;
God would not do for you what you can do for yourself. Many nations are improving each day not because they pray to God but because they work together as a nation to improve and get better.
If you travel around Africa, you would see small countries doing great things. They did not wait for God to solve all their problems.
Only someone cut out from reality and information would say that things are getting worse in every country. We see many countries even in Africa getting better. Poverty is rapidly decreasing in so many countries. Life expectancy is going up, and more and more people are getting educated. More people have access to healthcare than at any time ever.

1 Like

Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Hermes119: 10:27am On May 06, 2022
tctrills:

A few things here;
God would not do for you what you can do for yourself. Many nations are improving each day not because they pray to God but because they work together as a nation to improve and get better.
If you travel around Africa, you would see small countries doing great things. They did not wait for God to solve all their problems.
Only someone cut out from reality and information would say that things are getting worse in every country. We see many countries even in Africa getting better. Poverty is rapidly decreasing in so many countries. Life expectancy is going up, and more and more people are getting educated. More people have access to healthcare than at any time ever.
Well what's the role of God then,what use is he
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Hermes119: 10:27am On May 06, 2022
Maynman:
Please can you explain further.
Which “god” are you talking about? Allah? Yahweh? Elohim? Olorun? Zeus? Odin?
Whichever one a believer believes in
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by tctrills: 10:29am On May 06, 2022
Hermes119:

Great !!!!
Well majority of Christians do not agree with you and by the way do you pray to God to solve your needs. And why does the world need to get worse until Gods kingdom come and not otherwise ?
So Christians believe that things must get worst in every country until Jesus comes back. It's true that the bible teaches that prior to the coming of Christ lots of calamities would occur. But right now, the world is actually getting better and improving. More and more countries are pulling out of poverty, More people are getting educated, and even with the wars we currently have, Global peace is much better than in the 90s.
We can all work to make our country better and look at what others are doing right.

4 Likes

Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Maynman: 10:29am On May 06, 2022
Hermes119:

Whichever one a believer believes in

According to their different mythologies they work in different ways.
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Dtruthspeaker: 10:30am On May 06, 2022
Hermes119:

What God has to do is very simple,inflict anybody that is involved in embezzling of funds(I mean those who are doing it at that point not retrospectively) with a particular gruesome illness that is intractable to any treatment and then speak through a respected prophet informing the whole nation that he is responsible for the situation and why,...

He did that and more to Israel and it did not work.

If people do not want to do that which is good, then, as God has done, no thing can be done.

God did it all but man is unsavable if and where he does not want to be saved.
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Maynman: 10:31am On May 06, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

If people do not want to do that which is good, then, as God has done, no thing can be done.

Yahweh failed? Bwahahahah

1 Like

Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by tctrills: 10:34am On May 06, 2022
Hermes119:

To me, he has mostly played his role. He has given us intelligence and the ability to choose. I do not think he would take away our tribalism and corruption. He would not choose good leaders for us. Remember, when Isreal refused his judges and went for kings, God had no choice but to allow them.
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Hermes119: 10:35am On May 06, 2022

Thanks for giving me the privilege!
First of all Jesus' real followers must have the same line of thought on what God says {John 17:22; 1Corinthians 1:10} so when you see several sects claiming denominations with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines yet claiming they all belong to the same master know that Satan is the one behind the scene! 1Corinthians 14:33; 2Corinthians 4:4
Interesting !

YES! My needs is whatever will make my preaching and teaching ministry a success, not material possessions where i will also needs to distribute guns for less privileged to protect me! Matthew 6:19
Material possessions are also necessary for your preaching,Im guessing you are typing from a smartphone,you buy a smartphone and data with money,so without money you can't communicate on nairaland,so you need money then don't you ?

God's Kingdom means God's own government.
Adam and Eve turned against our Creator as they want to rule over themselves {Genesis 3:1-6} which has led us to where we are today! Ecclesiastes 4:1; 8:9; Jeremiah 10:23
So as long as humans are hoping in human government things will continue to get worse, until God's Kingdom comes to wipe all human government off! Daniel 2:44 smiley
The bible isn't anti-government, in Titus the bible encourages christians to pray for leaders ,Jesus encouraged people to pay taxes,he even payed his are you saying sir that if we follow Jesus' footsteps and pay our taxes that we shouldn't hope and hold the govt responsible to put good use to it,are you saying sir that we can't hope and hold our govt responsible for fixing the health system of this country so people with meagre resources should die
Is it sinful to try to fix the country while you wait for Gods kingdom to come ?

Cc MaxInDHouse
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Hermes119: 10:38am On May 06, 2022
Maynman:

According to their different mythologies they work in different ways.
Correct,but some are said to be omnipotent and omniscient,my post is directed to believers of such God
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Hermes119: 10:39am On May 06, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Let me ask you a question
Are you of the opinion that God can't fix Nigeria ?
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Maynman: 10:40am On May 06, 2022
Hermes119:

Correct,but some are said to be omnipotent and omniscient,my post is directed to believers of such God

All are said to be omnipotent and omniscient.
Olorun
Zeus
Odin
Jupiter
Yahweh
Elohim
Allah
Etccc…
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Hermes119: 10:41am On May 06, 2022
Maynman:

Yahweh failed? Bwahahahah

Exactly
How can you say that an all-knowing and all powerful God made plans and mere human beings twatted it
That doesn't make any sense
Even as limited as I am I have proferred a new perfect solution to Nigeria problems,much less an almighty and limitless God
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Hermes119: 10:42am On May 06, 2022
Maynman:

All are said to be omnipotent and omniscient.
Olorun
Zeus
Odin
Jupiter
Yahweh
Elohim
Allah
Etccc…
Then the joke is on the believers
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Maynman: 10:43am On May 06, 2022
Hermes119:

Then the joke is on the believers

That’s why they are called “believers” from DOXA. OrthoDOX.
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Dtruthspeaker: 10:43am On May 06, 2022
Hermes119:

Great !!!!

Any person who does not agree with this answer is not a Christian.
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by elated177: 10:58am On May 06, 2022
Hilarious! Another poorly thought out thread from workch.
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Ken4Christ: 11:06am On May 06, 2022
Hermes119:
Now this is a quick one

First, it is our duty to fix Nigeria and not God's.

Second, Satan is the god of this present world. Adam lost the dominion of this world to Satan. This is why the world is the way it is.

Thirdly, we can only get the intervention of God through prayers. Prayers are at different levels. Some issues demands days of fasting and prayer like Daniel did in the Bible.

Forth, if God's own children who are supposed to stand in the gap are living in disobedience, then, it will be difficult to get God to intervene.

The bottom line is that the church in Nigeria is not united. Some of them harbour these politicians who are criminals. They go to Aso Rock to collect fat envelopes instead of telling the president to his face his errors.

But there are a few people who are praying for divine intervention and I believe it will come very soon.
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Maynman: 11:07am On May 06, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Second, Satan is the god of this present world. Adam lost the dominion of this world to Satan. This is why the world is the way it is.

Thirdly, we can only get the intervention of God through prayers. Prayers are at different levels. Some issues demands days of fasting and prayer like Daniel did in the Bible.

Forth, if God's own children who are supposed to stand in the gap are living in disobedience, then, it will be difficult to get God to intervene.

The bottom line is that the church in Nigeria is not united. Some of them harbour these politicians who are criminals. They go to Aso Rock to collect fat envelopes instead of telling the president to his face his errors.

But there are a few people who are praying for divine intervention and I believe it will come very soon.
So why did Jesus die?
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Hermes119: 11:13am On May 06, 2022
elated177:
Hilarious! Another poorly thought out thread from workch.
Do you have an eye defect
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:14am On May 06, 2022
Hermes119:

Interesting !
Material possessions are also necessary for your preaching,Im guessing you are typing from a smartphone,you buy a smartphone and data with money,so without money you can't communicate on nairaland,so you need money then don't you?
Of course i need food, clothing, shelter and Money not enough to hire armed security operatives for protection! smiley

The bible isn't anti-government, in Titus the bible encourages christians to pray for leaders ,Jesus encouraged people to pay taxes,he even payed his are you saying sir that if we follow Jesus' footsteps and pay our taxes that we shouldn't hope and hold the govt responsible to put good use to it,are you saying sir that we can't hope and hold our govt responsible for fixing the health system of this country so people with meagre resources should die
Is it sinful to try to fix the country while you wait for Gods kingdom to come ?
Cc MaxInDHouse

We pray not for them to fix anything but for them not to tamper with our ministry due to their confusion as they jump from one hopeless policy to another.
We pay them whatever they demand so they won't blame us for their failure.
According to the Bible all human government is anti-God {Daniel 2:44} because it's only God that has the right to set standards that will bring about justice, lasting peace and security which no human government can do! Ecclesiastes 4:1; 8:9 smiley
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by paxonel(m): 11:22am On May 06, 2022
Hermes119:

His role is to judge in the spirit realm and not in this physical existence because he is a spirit.

Now, do you ever perceive the spirit realm before, be sincere?
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Hermes119: 11:25am On May 06, 2022
@ Ken4Christ

Why is it our duty and not God's,who created Nigeria ?
Who do you think is in a better position to fix Nigeria,a few good willed Nigerians who are powerless against the powers that be and are in the multitude of numerous corrupt,illiterate and hapless citizens or God who is superior to all
And this is so because your God allowed it to be,how does this make sense to you,so God gave the dominion to one man and he fluffed it and God decides that all generation to come billions of people would suffer for one man's disobedience so he gives the devil control over the world,great !!!

So you think Nigerians haven't prayed enough to attract God's intervention ? How much did the man by the pool of Bethsaida pray before Jesus healed him ?

It took only one man,Elijah and God witheld rain in an entire nation for a couple of years,it are you living in disobedience if not so why hasn't God answered you or must every single Nigerian accept God before God changes the nation

So if the leaders of the church are corrupt then God won't intervene despite the prayers of other faithful brethren

Oga I put it to you that nothing supernatural would happen,if Nigeria is to be fixed it would be through a normal process there wouldn't be any noticeable event that would even be remotely linked to your God
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Hermes119: 11:41am On May 06, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Of course i need food, clothing, shelter and Money not enough to hire armed security operatives for protection! smiley
You said you didn't need material possessions I'm glad you have realized you do

We pray not for them to fix anything but for them not to tamper with our ministry due to their confusion as they jump from one hopeless policy to another.
We pay them whatever they demand so they won't blame us for their failure.
Well if you must know if they don't fix anything like you said your ministry would be tampered with. If the government doesn't make good policies roads won't be fixed so how would you travel to remote places to preach,if the government isn't working people would face more temptations to commit crime,how does that help your ministry,if the government isn't working waterways would be a mess and floods would occur more often how do you preach to a homeless person. Whether you like it or not the government of the day and the policies they make affect your life and ministry,a better government would make your ministry smoother and easier it doesn't take a genius to realize that
According to the Bible all human government is anti-God {Daniel 2:44} because it's only God that has the right to set standards that will bring about justice, lasting peace and security which no human government can do! Ecclesiastes 4:1; 8:9 smiley
The scripture you quoted says
Daniel 2 vs 44
An in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed,and the kingdom shall not be left to other people,but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms,and it shall stand forever

Please show me how that passage refers to all human government and how it shows that human governments are anti-God

Meanwhile
Romans 13 vs 1-2
Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves

Romans 13 vs 6
For because of this you also pay taxes, for rulers are servants of God, devoting themselves to this very thing
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Hermes119: 11:44am On May 06, 2022
paxonel:
His role is to judge in the spirit realm and not in this physical existence because he is a spirit.
As humans in the physical realm are we affected by the spirit realm ?

Now, do you ever perceive the spirit realm before, be sincere?
I don't believe in the spirit realm
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Dtruthspeaker: 12:29pm On May 06, 2022
Hermes119:

Let me ask you a question
Are you of the opinion that God can't fix Nigeria ?

Ambiguous Question, however, my Answer is God has Already Planned on Changing this world by destroying it and making a new one with only good doing people in it.
Re: How God Can Fix Nigeria by Maynman: 12:42pm On May 06, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Ambiguous Question, however, my Answer is God has Already Planned on Changing this world by destroying it and making a new one with only good doing people in it.

Your god can never learn, he will make the same mistake again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adultery: Iranian Woman To Receive 99 Lashes / You Are Invited To The Deeper Life Easter Retreat. / Four Die In T.B. Joshua’s Church During Stampede For Holy Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.