Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? (22016 Views)

Pls Help Me Make A Good Choice Between These Two Businesses Investment / Setup Ur Eatery,modern Bakery Or Pastry Shop @ease / Two Businesses That Pay My Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by sirsugar(m): 8:06am On May 08, 2022
gafsal:
I'm a livestock farmer (poultry,fish and pig) since 2001 till date, please don't go near poultry for now. The problems are much, I won't say more and my candid advise for you.
what of fishing
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by Oluwasaudy(m): 8:31am On May 08, 2022
Bakery will be less riskier Is poultry only about egg production

Poultry is wide. ...it's not about only eggs....

I don't do eggs.... Do you expect him to go into egg farming with #200k

Even the bakery you talking about..do you know how many bakeries are all over Does he has a stable market for his bread

You think bread production is just about you baking and waiting for customers to come

Even 200k can't start a bakery except say na microwave e wan day use bake the bread

skywalker240:

Even egg production is also stressful and risky nowadays too

The bakery would be less riskier
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by babyfaceafrica: 8:31am On May 08, 2022
englishmart:
Whichever one she chooses, she must understand that the future is female, and English language is also female.

No wonder "Give her her book" is correct, but "give him him book" is incorrect
This thing no clear
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by Topmaike007(m): 8:31am On May 08, 2022
Deejaygold:

Thanks, a friend designed it actually, unless I ask him
okay please help me ask him

1 Like

Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by Oluwasaudy(m): 8:34am On May 08, 2022
Give him reasons why you said he shouldn't go near poultry..... If it doesn't work for you or you knowing ethics or how to cut cost doesn't mean you should discourage him.....if everyone rubs away from poultry ...how would you get your eggs Doc And fresh poultry meat

Am am also a poultry farmer....so I don't have regrets..... The passion for what you do is to he most important firstly.....and secondly the money will come

You can't go into it with the sole aim of making just money without having the passion for it ..
gafsal:
I'm a livestock farmer (poultry,fish and pig) since 2001 till date, please don't go near poultry for now. The problems are much, I won't say more and my candid advise for you.
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by skywalker240(m): 8:35am On May 08, 2022
Oluwasaudy:
Bakery will be less riskier Is poultry only about egg production

Poultry is wide. ...it's not about only eggs....

I don't do eggs.... Do you expect him to go into egg farming with #200k

Even the bakery you talking about..do you know how many bakeries are all over Does he has a stable market for his bread

You think bread production is just about you baking and waiting for customers to come

Even 200k can't start a bakery except say na microwave e wan day use bake the bread

You don't get what am trying to say, based on the current economical status, both are not cheap to run
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by Oluwasaudy(m): 8:38am On May 08, 2022
1200 birds will give you 40 crates daily.....you wan kill the op Start from a little....

Get DOC and sell at 3-4 weeks.....this brings a lot of gains
This is what I do ....and I don't have regrets doing it .later you can diversify ....then rear for Easter to maturity and Christmas....

skywalker240:

I've done both

As a poultry attendant/fish/pigs and also as a Baker/mixer

Only 40 crates of eggs for a day just from a single pen will give you over twice what a Baker will get for two days

But I wouldn't advice anyone to just venture into poultry without at least 360° experience though

Poultry pays more than bakery on the long run, but I'll advice the op to go for baking if she is not strong hearted (yes I used that statement)
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by Oluwasaudy(m): 8:40am On May 08, 2022
Yes I agree....but with 200k.... She can start with DOC...sell at 3 to four weeks .....and continue with that for now....then rear to maturity for Easter and also Christmas period...

200k will be meaning ful starting up poultry on a minimal way ....quote author=skywalker240 post=112626656]
You don't get what am trying to say, based on the current economical status, both are not cheap to run[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by skywalker240(m): 8:50am On May 08, 2022
Oluwasaudy:
1200 birds will give you 40 crates daily.....you wan kill the op Start from a little....

Get DOC and sell at 3-4 weeks.....this brings a lot of gains
This is what I do ....and I don't have regrets doing it .later you can diversify ....then rear for Easter to maturity and Christmas....

Doc, yes but then again with the crunchy economy, DOC is not what it used to be, is it?
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by Tboymessiah(m): 8:51am On May 08, 2022
skywalker240:

Pig farming is a whole damn hectic work, though pig's don't die like Broiler's, but it requires an uninterrupted attention 247

Abeg na fish be the easiest among the three

More blessings for bro.

But in terms of high profit, is there money in piggy than fish farming
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by idpompe: 9:11am On May 08, 2022
Run the two,but the poultry in little quantity to give you eggs and meat for your pastries.
That depends on how close the two business premesis are.You will need close monitoring.
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by skywalker240(m): 10:57am On May 08, 2022
Tboymessiah:

More blessings for bro.

But in terms of high profit, is there money in piggy than fish farming
pig it is, but it is more expensive

on the yeild side, a single adult pig is mearsured per kg

a school of fishes are mearsured per kg, you do the maths.
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by Tboymessiah(m): 12:43pm On May 08, 2022
skywalker240:

pig it is, but it is more expensive

on the yeild side, a single adult pig is mearsured per kg

a school of fishes are mearsured per kg, you do the maths.

Thanks, I just want to venture into piggy farming now
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by Gbsks: 1:46pm On May 08, 2022
Albert0011:
I will advise u to go for bakery.

Poultry business is very risky at times if u don't have the experience to run it.
One of ur fowl(chicken) can easily transmit disease to other one's and the outcome can be disastrous at times.
exactly. But, other poultry birds have higher survival rate. Turkeys, ducks, quail etc comes to mind
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by Sleekfingers: 2:24pm On May 08, 2022
halima83:
Bakery or poultry (layer/broiler)?

Please move to fb for broad advice

Bakery...... highly lucrative.....
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by Abigailgibson(f): 2:55pm On May 08, 2022
Poultry
You can do both live and frozen poultry birds
Depending on your capital
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by Buckeyemedia1: 3:30pm On May 08, 2022
Albert0011:
I will advise u to go for bakery.

Poultry business is very risky at times if u don't have the experience to run it.
One of ur fowl(chicken) can easily transmit disease to other one's and the outcome can be disastrous at times.
Bakery is much better, your major research should be about flour & distribution after production.
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by tosinjay(m): 3:32pm On May 08, 2022
Seniorwriter:
Bakery....Baking has more consumers per daily sales.

Very Lucrative

I have a client whom I helped create a thousand buyers of her coconut bread.

You
Not entirely true....there are standard bakeries with way less than what you just announced spent and are already growing their sales lead through my team.
One of them is situated @Isolo Lagos.
All you really need is around $6k.

@Seniorwriter
Really
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by Albert0011(m): 4:15pm On May 08, 2022
Gbsks:
exactly. But, other poultry birds have higher survival rate. Turkeys, ducks, quail etc comes to mind
Yap.
U re somehow right.

1 Like

Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by Evidenx(m): 5:09pm On May 08, 2022
halima83:
Bakery or poultry (layer/broiler)?

Please move to fb for broad advice
people that eat bread on a daily basis are more than those who eat chicken on d a daily basis.. bakery is better.
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by Ihekwoabasam(m): 5:22pm On May 08, 2022
Many people don't know know poultry gives money like crazy, am into poultry and cat fish,
Money dey am
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by Glorylynn: 6:38pm On May 08, 2022
if you are hypertensive please no move near poultry abeg, e get why cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by Gbsks: 7:36pm On May 08, 2022
Albert0011:

Yap.
U re somehow right.
are you into poultry farming too ?
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by Albert0011(m): 8:20pm On May 08, 2022
Gbsks:
are you into poultry farming too ?
I have a very close friend who is into poultry farming and i assist him at times.

He invested almost 500k into the business last year...he has been into the business for almost 10 years now(quite experienced now)
He almost ran at loss if not for some timely interventions he did.
Disease attacked the birds and almost 15 died within 2 weeks and cats started invading the cage at night and they started eating the birds too.
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by Gbsks: 8:40pm On May 08, 2022
Albert0011:

I have a very close friend who is into poultry farming and i assist him at times.

He invested almost 500k into the business last year...he has been into the business for almost 10 years now(quite experienced now)
He almost ran at loss if not for some timely interventions he did.
Disease attacked the birds and almost 15 died within 2 weeks and cats started invading the cage at night and they started eating the birds too.
Omo, this is crazy oh. I hate rearing chickens honestly. About 45 died in the last set I did (within a week oh). Poultry is not for the faint hearted bro.
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by Albert0011(m): 9:12pm On May 08, 2022
Gbsks:
Omo, this is crazy oh. I hate rearing chickens honestly. About 45 died in the last set I did (within a week oh). Poultry is not for the faint hearted bro.

I tell u bro.
Just one infection to a single chick can be fatal blow to you if you are not the observant type.

1 Like

Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by chatinent: 12:45pm On May 10, 2022
Pussy Odour:
instead of using your pusssy to get all you want as most of your gender does, you want to suffer yourself with business.

MadamVanessa an unapologetic olosho here is doing it and so proud of it. It been a while a saw that loud mouthed bitch here, if care is not taken she's somewhere shamelessly gobbling dick.
Your brain must so much hate your anus you use to think.

1 Like

Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by rhames(m): 7:45am On May 14, 2022
Seniorwriter:

Very Lucrative

I have a client whom I helped create a thousand buyers of her coconut bread.

You
Not entirely true....there are standard bakeries with way less than what you just announced spent and are already growing their sales lead through my team.
One of them is situated @Isolo Lagos.
All you really need is around $6k.

For sure!

@Seniorwriter

You don't start a bakery business with a large budget.
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by steryj(m): 3:19pm On May 17, 2022
englishmart:
Whichever one she chooses, she must understand that the future is female, and English language is also female.

No wonder "Give her her book" is correct, but "give him him book" is incorrect
so this is how psycho people go remain on this forum permanently forever
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by AlphaTaikun: 5:19pm On May 17, 2022
GreatAdvice:
Why not both? Build a poultry and use the eggs for your bakery. Think about it. You can later expand to include cows and goats; now you can have eggs, cheese, butter and magarine for your bakery. Saves you a ton of money and also increases your revenue. Good luck.
Yup! That's what is called
"backward integration."

You are very wise.
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by horlakunle25(m): 5:38am On May 18, 2022
ceaser:

Any lead instructions on what it would require to set up a bakery? Finaces especially and the machines it will require?

Thank you.
07062573223 whatsapp
Re: Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For? by Solari8(m): 11:49am On May 22, 2022

Very Lucrative

I have a client whom I helped create a thousand buyers of her coconut bread

Please can I have your contact so you can help me with my
I also have a mini bakery

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines / 12 Young Entrepreneurs Who Make Me Feel Optimistic About Nigeria's Future / Seun Osewa Recognized By Forbes Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.