Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,507 members, 7,781,559 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:00 PM

Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi (11536 Views)

My Experience With The Airtel Binge Plan / What Is The Airtel Code For Whatsapp Monthly Or Weekly Subscription ? / Should I Buy A Wifi Router Or A Cheap Phone As Hotspot Need Urgent Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by chigoziri2403(m): 9:21am On May 08, 2022
TheOldGods:
i swear, like last week I had about 67gb remaining, that's about browsing so much etc.
Wow,is there any option for rollover
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by TheOldGods: 9:27am On May 08, 2022
chigoziri2403:

Wow,is there any option for rollover
yes I think you have about 7 days or 10 days to rollover with any amount you want. So if you can't buy the 200gb for 20k within that time, you can simply do 5k and have 30 days added again to the new data and an extra 30gb. Also when your data exhaust you get 3gb daily and not 10gb and they claimed which is even better. Than mtn 512kbs once your data exhaust. And the 3gb daily is not capped, you can browse at still 4mbps per sec. Is that not amazing

NB: Something's I said above are not true anymore. Airtel doesn't give you 3fb daily, these people are scams. Sometimes my router won't be able to access internet. I m selling this router and porting to mtn. I regret the day I bought Airtel router

1 Like

Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by Meteng: 9:34am On May 08, 2022
NobleEugene5:
If you considered purchasing Airtel broadband, run. Go for MTN or spectrabet or anything. Airtel is the worst. I purchased unlimited plan on my smartbox, my FUP was exhausted and I was entitled to 10gb data everyday till the end of my validity. I didn't get this data. The first day I had to call over 3 times for them to send it to me. They finally did and after that, I've not gotten it. I've called customer care multiple times and they keep asking me to wait. Airtel is very useless and I have wasted my money. Do not buy broadband from Airtel. heed my warning. Thieves. I will definitely be looking for another broadband provider
Even normal sub on Airtel, don’t go near it. After showing me enough pepp er, I had to abandon it for MTN for my sanity

4 Likes

Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by chigoziri2403(m): 9:34am On May 08, 2022
TheOldGods:
yes I think you have about 7 days or 10 days to rollover with any amount you want. So if you can't buy the 200gb for 20k within that time, you can simply do 5k and have 30 days added again to the new data and an extra 30gb. Also when your data exhaust you get 3gb daily and not 10gb and they claimed which is even better. Than mtn 512kbs once your data exhaust. And the 3gb daily is not capped, you can browse at still 4mbps per sec. Is that not amazing
so which do you prefer?MTN OR AIRTEL
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by saintkeppy(m): 9:42am On May 08, 2022
TheOldGods:
their network is not poor oga, na the area you dey live. Here I get about 4mbs per download speed and gets upto 7mbs at night during download. I downloaded elden ring 45gb plus patch in 3hours.

Uyo city, AKS, was among the first set cities to host ECONET(0802) that later metamorphosed to AIRTEL today, the network isn't lived up to expectations.

Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by saintkeppy(m): 9:48am On May 08, 2022
TheOldGods:
their network is not poor oga, na the area you dey live. Here I get about 4mbs per download speed and gets upto 7mbs at night during download. I downloaded elden ring 45gb plus patch in 3hours.

Abeg no argue, here is the screenshot of the network on my phone still not working optimally in the heart of Uyo. Despite having data struggles to play common videos, blurred pix on FB&WhatsApp.

Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by The5DME(m): 10:14am On May 08, 2022
TheOldGods:
you can buy it. The only Disadvantage Airtel has is you can't share your data. Because I wanted to buy a mifi cause I use their router, and I do about 200-300gb monthly, and I can't sub two devices, I contacted them to share my data to my mifi and they can't. This is something Glo network does with ease. If Glo was very fast in my area, I would have gone for Glo because of the ecosystem. Once you have a Glo you can share unlimited
Buying it is not even an issue for me. What I need to know is if there's network coverage in Ayobo area of Lagos where I live. I download a lot of online courses, and I need a very stable internet connection.
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by lightdream: 10:43am On May 08, 2022
I just bought Airtel WiFi and works perfectly, it came with 5GB though I missed the promo price. It was my best decision since spectranet don't have full coverage here.
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by TheOldGods: 11:15am On May 08, 2022
saintkeppy:

Abeg no argue, here is the screenshot of the network on my phone still not working optimally in the heart of Uyo. Despite having data struggles to play common videos, blurred pix on FB&WhatsApp.
like I said, it's your area here is a screenshot from my Adm download manager on Android. This was some few months back. As you see I'm downloading more than 3 files and all is totaling over 5mbps per second

Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by Hotspotbro(m): 12:04pm On May 08, 2022
lightdream:
I just bought Airtel WiFi and works perfectly, it came with 5GB though I missed the promo price. It was my best decision since spectranet don't have full coverage here.
did you buy plans to unlock the free 5GB or it just worked?

1 Like

Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by Rogbese(m): 2:25pm On May 08, 2022
All mifi performance is area dependent. I have both Spectranet and Airtel and I live in Akute. Spectranet is off the chain here but is abysmally slow in Surulere! Same thing with Airtel, I download files at up to 5mbps sometimes even faster here in Akute but it drops when I'm in Ogba area.

As has been noted, you can't share data with other devices on Airtel which is a shame. I could do that on Swift when I was still using them but I feel their tariffs aren't competitive.

I'm thinking of buying the MTN mifi on promo and see what its like.

But really, gentlemen and ladies, they are all area dependent...

1 Like

Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by thestreets(m): 2:52pm On May 08, 2022
TechCapon:
go ahead and drag them out on Twitter. That way they'll quickly jump into your dm and beg. I almost made the same mistake of buying their Mifi for 5k. I realized that mtn was also doing a promo, by the time I got to the mtn office they're already out of stock. I gave the customer service lady my number incase they restock. Never buying anything Airtel

that mifi na 7k i buy my own. And na 4 airtel office. i don jons ni?
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by thestreets(m): 2:55pm On May 08, 2022
truthCoder:

Ok. Thanks will give it a try.

Don't charge and use at the same time. charge then use.
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by TechCapon(m): 3:20pm On May 08, 2022
thestreets:

that mifi na 7k i buy my own. And na 4 airtel office. i don jons ni?
you don jons bro
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by The5DME(m): 3:48pm On May 08, 2022
lightdream:
How much did you get it for?
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by truthCoder: 3:51pm On May 08, 2022
thestreets:

Oh. The thing is plugged permanently beside one socket in one corner. Lol.

I only remember it when network is disengaged and i then notice it restarting.

I will try keeping it unplugged on the table for some days to observe.

Thanks
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by angelfallz(m): 4:53pm On May 08, 2022
Yes, glo's unlimited sharing is a feature that is nice. I am surprised other networks have not yet copied it.
TheOldGods:
you can buy it. The only Disadvantage Airtel has is you can't share your data. Because I wanted to buy a mifi cause I use their router, and I do about 200-300gb monthly, and I can't sub two devices, I contacted them to share my data to my mifi and they can't. This is something Glo network does with ease. If Glo was very fast in my area, I would have gone for Glo because of the ecosystem. Once you have a Glo you can share unlimited
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by angelfallz(m): 5:00pm On May 08, 2022
I've been using MIFIs for a long time now. I know for certain that, when in use, MIFIs can't last a whole day without charging them.
So, if my MIFI is in red while using it, i have to plug it in to charge while using it.
thestreets:

1 Like

Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by pinkyruledworld(m): 7:12pm On May 08, 2022
Rogbese:
All mifi performance is area dependent. I have both Spectranet and Airtel and I live in Akute. Spectranet is off the chain here but is abysmally slow in Surulere! Same thing with Airtel, I download files at up to 5mbps sometimes even faster here in Akute but it drops when I'm in Ogba area.

As has been noted, you can't share data with other devices on Airtel which is a shame. I could do that on Swift when I was still using them but I feel their tariffs aren't competitive.

I'm thinking of buying the MTN mifi on promo and see what its like.

But really, gentlemen and ladies, they are all area dependent...

How much is the mtn mifi?
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by ArewaTech1(m): 7:28pm On May 08, 2022
To be honest I think when it comes to data Airtel is far better than any other provider in Nigeria.

I get 40GB @5k for 30 days... No other network gives that.

Besides that, all the others (MTN, 9mobile, & Glo) doesn't have a proper LTE connection in my location. It keeps dropping, if I want a stable connection I'll have to step down to H+(hspap) but with Airtel it's LTE+

So for my it's Airtel anyday anytime.

1 Like

Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by ArewaTech1(m): 7:31pm On May 08, 2022
chigoziri2403:
I have an Airtel mifi for sale
One month used
Giveaway price
Hello I am interested
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by motionarena: 7:52pm On May 08, 2022
Teetechs:
I will buy the box from you

Whatsapp 08136744570
I have my airtel router box for sale
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by jeff1607(m): 9:40pm On May 10, 2022
I plan on buying the router and the pocket mifi , are the routers unlockable for other sims?
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by Hotspotbro(m): 12:16am On May 11, 2022
ArewaTech1:
To be honest I think when it comes to data Airtel is far better than any other provider in Nigeria.

I get 40GB @5k for 30 days... No other network gives that.

Besides that, all the others (MTN, 9mobile, & Glo) doesn't have a proper LTE connection in my location. It keeps dropping, if I want a stable connection I'll have to step down to H+(hspap) but with Airtel it's LTE+

So for my it's Airtel anyday anytime.
I just bought one now and subbed to it and this notification...is it their network?air tel works very well in my area

Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by jeff1607(m): 9:18am On May 12, 2022
Just got both router and Mifi for airtel and no issues, no heating and tripping off, called the airtel agent and was surprised he said I was lucky
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 12, 2022
TheOldGods:
In Benin, I get up to 6Mb/s during the day and up to 13MB/s at night.

Airtel is the best in Benin... MTN zap data

1 Like

Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by Jaculze(m): 7:28am On May 13, 2022
NobleEugene5:
If you considered purchasing Airtel broadband, run. Go for MTN or spectrabet or anything. Airtel is the worst. I purchased unlimited plan on my smartbox, my FUP was exhausted and I was entitled to 10gb data everyday till the end of my validity. I didn't get this data. The first day I had to call over 3 times for them to send it to me. They finally did and after that, I've not gotten it. I've called customer care multiple times and they keep asking me to wait. Airtel is very useless and I have wasted my money. Do not buy broadband from Airtel. heed my warning. Thieves. I will definitely be looking for another broadband provider
MTN is best really
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by Jaculze(m): 7:29am On May 13, 2022
Thonia69:
Airtel customer care are very useless. The last time I called to report an issue, I was told to wait for 8 hours. I was like on top wetin.... At the end of the day, I went to Airtel office... It didn't even take up to 30mins that I got my sim fixed and i bought a mifi there...
you can imagine? I think MTN is better
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by lightdream: 5:10pm On May 15, 2022
The5DME:
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by lightdream: 8:52pm On May 18, 2022
The5DME:
Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by lightdream: 9:02pm On May 18, 2022
Hotspotbro:
did you buy plans to unlock the free 5GB or it just worked?
The WiFi worked without any subscription and gave me free 5GB.

1 Like

Re: Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi by Jeffy1206(m): 5:50am On May 19, 2022
All these networks na the same. Only glo de try small in fact well! You can roll over 1m data with 5 naira data unlike all these tiffs line airtel and mtn undecided angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gionee S10 Lite With 16MP Selfie Camera, Specs And Price / What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? / How To Use More Than 3 Sim Cards In A Single Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.