Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla (79182 Views)

The Meanings And Origin Of Toyota Model Names / The Evolution Of Toyota Corolla From The Year 1966 To Present (photos) / The Evolution Of Toyota Camry From The Year 1983 To Present (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Nobody: 9:03am On May 08, 2022
2008 tokumbo toyota corollar
used
price m1.85000
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by uncleck: 9:05am On May 08, 2022
Flappy222:
This man! grin
Don't buy Corolla if you're married because the time you should be thinking about your wife, you'll use it and be thinking about your car before you know it you'll start having issues with your woman

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Voiceofthestree: 9:05am On May 08, 2022
tonididdy:
Resale value and Uber potentials but at 3m for an oh3 is totally avoidable.

Same car was worth 1.8 4yrs ago (direct toks)

Bro this is what apc government bring to us

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by itslinkin4005(m): 9:06am On May 08, 2022
uncleck:
A friend gave me the task of getting a Tokumbo Corolla for him and I have been on it for few weeks now. In this assignment I've come to realize that Corolla is now more expensive than the following vehicles:

Toyota Camry
Toyota Highlander
Acura MDX
Nissan Pathfinder
Honda Accord
Etc

It's just crazy!!! How can I pay over 3 million naira for a 2003 Corolla? How? I've told him I won't continue in the quest unless he makes another choice.

But why are people so in love with Corolla? I know that the car is strong and reliable, but it's definitely not the only strong and reliable car out there. When we were still in school, whether you scored 70% or 100%, it is "A". So if Toyota Corolla is good at 100%, there are still others that are good at 90%; both are good.

In place of Corolla, we still have Honda Civic, Mazda3, Hyundai Elantra, Kia Forte, Nissan Sentra, Camry, accord etc. They may not be as good as Corolla, but they are definitely not too bad. My opinion
Oga I have a good offer for you. I import American used cars . I stay at ladipo lagos. Contact me 08068954005...
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by chukelvin(m): 9:06am On May 08, 2022
I have a nigerian used 2010 corolla for 3.3...negotiable...92700mileage...registered 3 months ago...

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by murmee: 9:06am On May 08, 2022
doggedfighter:

I tell you.

What is the use of cheap spare parts and low

fuel consumption when I can't sleep with my two eyes closed. grin
Exactly. Especially the 'Brain Box' matter!
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by omobolarinwa1(m): 9:07am On May 08, 2022
Kindly contact me it a dealer use non register going for 2.6M.

DM If interested

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by skywalker240(m): 9:07am On May 08, 2022
Anchor84:
I hv a 2004 corolla for 2.7m
OP na wetin we de talk be this grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Olusanya827: 9:07am On May 08, 2022
Toyota Corolla is more expensive more than anything

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Flappy222: 9:08am On May 08, 2022
Lol e truly get as e b.
Toyota don jazz people with Corolla wahala.
uncleck:

Don't buy Corolla if you're married because the time you should be thinking about your wife, you'll use it and be thinking about your car before you know it you'll start having issues with your woman

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Voiceofthestree: 9:08am On May 08, 2022
simple250:
Same way Nigerians turn mini bus aka korope to a highly demanding vehicle, price of mini bus is now 1.3 to 1.5mi . We call it popular demands

You no fit see tokunbo for that amont again self

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by uncleck: 9:08am On May 08, 2022
xperiencelove:
Don't be short-sited. Though I don't use Corrola because of the balance at high speed but Corrola is to the world not Nigeria alone because it tolerate any type and kind of abuse.

POS operations has been a blessing to many Nigerians in many ways to both operators and their customers. From my house to the nearest bank is 20mins drive and 40mins for to and fro if their is not traffic congestions and the machines will still tell me 'Unable to dispense cash' after several trails when I can only add #100 to every 5000 I am collecting at the gate of my street!
If something doesn't benefit you, it doesn't mean others are not benefiting immensely from it.
Stop abusing Nigerians ignorantly.
With due respect sir, Corolla does not tolerate abuse, no car does. Do you know the agonies of the owners of all those Nigerian used Corolla littered everywhere for sale? Do you know what the initial owners passed through...?

15 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Gokoyer1401: 9:09am On May 08, 2022
1.6L engine car challenging 3.0L engine car to a race... Hahahaha
shortgun:
Corolla is over hyped, dull,unsafe and uninspiring piece of ugly metal that is littered all over our roads.
It's the band wagon mentality of Nigerians that made the car expensive, Nigerians like to copy others without any assurance that what they are copying will favour them.
Same reason every corner of every street is filled with POS operators.
Same reason every parent want their children to be Doctors or lawyers.

Nigerians are mentally lazy to research any product, scheme or brand they want to commit money into....this is why Ponzi people are cashing out big.

The only condition that a Nigerian needs to do a thing is if someone has done it before.

Corolla will continue to be over priced as long as we have brain washed people with no ability to think for themselves.

The annoying part is that the drivers of this abomination of a car now behave like that proverbial butterfly that thinks itself a bird.... imagine a corolla challenging a 3.0l engine vehicle to a race.

3 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by kay29000(m): 9:10am On May 08, 2022
It's because it is mostly used for Uber. Yesterday, I was browsing and my little niece was beside me....when the picture of a Corolla came up on my laptop screen, she shouted, "Uber!" lol.

27 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by MrHighSea: 9:10am On May 08, 2022
I've been wondering too.
2003 for 3m. Not worth it.

Honda Civic on my mind.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by zuraking(m): 9:10am On May 08, 2022
Foolishbuhari:

I wish people knew this
car gurus know. Aside the resale value nothing special about that car. I bought mine for 1.1m and sold it 1.350k to another Corolla fans grin

My 2009 Accord gives me more comfortability and nice cruising with enough functions smiley

20 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Roddyricch25: 9:11am On May 08, 2022
Drive
Honda civic 2006 to 2009 and forget corolla.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ceejay80s(m): 9:11am On May 08, 2022
uncleck:
A friend gave me the task of getting a Tokumbo Corolla for him and I have been on it for few weeks now. In this assignment I've come to realize that Corolla is now more expensive than the following vehicles:

Toyota Camry
Toyota Highlander
Acura MDX
Nissan Pathfinder
Honda Accord
Etc

It's just crazy!!! How can I pay over 3 million naira for a 2003 Corolla? How? I've told him I won't continue in the quest unless he makes another choice.

But why are people so in love with Corolla? I know that the car is strong and reliable, but it's definitely not the only strong and reliable car out there. When we were still in school, whether you scored 70% or 100%, it is "A". So if Toyota Corolla is good at 100%, there are still others that are good at 90%; both are good.

In place of Corolla, we still have Honda Civic, Mazda3, Hyundai Elantra, Kia Forte, Nissan Sentra, Camry, accord etc. They may not be as good as Corolla, but they are definitely not too bad. My opinion
Toyota Corolla is like peugeot 505 of the early 90s

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by DonTim1: 9:12am On May 08, 2022
shortgun:
Corolla is over hyped, dull,unsafe and uninspiring piece of ugly metal that is littered all over our roads.
It's the band wagon mentality of Nigerians that made the car expensive, Nigerians like to copy others without any assurance that what they are copying will favour them.
Same reason every corner of every street is filled with POS operators.
Same reason every parent want their children to be Doctors or lawyers.

Nigerians are mentally lazy to research any product, scheme or brand they want to commit money into....this is why Ponzi people are cashing out big.

The only condition that a Nigerian needs to do a thing is if someone has done it before.

Corolla will continue to be over priced as long as we have brain washed people with no ability to think for themselves.

The annoying part is that the drivers of this abomination of a car now behave like that proverbial butterfly that thinks itself a bird.... imagine a corolla challenging a 3.0l engine vehicle to a race.

I thought I was alone in that thought. Imagine the effontery? They compare price with power grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Blankstare(m): 9:12am On May 08, 2022
zuraking:
That stupid car that looks like I am driving Keke napep. I sold it off and focus on my 2009 Honda Accord.

Apart from the stupid mentality that it's not consuming fuel(which is a lie) there is nothing special about that car. My V4 Honda Accord save more fuel than that Corolla.

I drive both so I know what I am talking about.

I traveled to Abuja for an assignment, pleaded with a sis to borrow me her new brand 2005 corrolla, I drove the car for good two months... That's when I realized it's big scam lie that the car doesn't consume fuel... Very big hummongus lie

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Sharatan(m): 9:13am On May 08, 2022
Car wey dem don use end many bolt drivers life for Lagos undecided

8 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by kay29000(m): 9:13am On May 08, 2022
doggedfighter:

Or sit beside the car when you attend a function instead of entering the hall cheesy

It's crazy !

Whoa! I didn't know it was that serious. I guess I will just jejele go for Honda Civic.

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Easylifelomo(m): 9:13am On May 08, 2022
doggedfighter:

I tell you.

What is the use of cheap spare parts and low

fuel consumption when I can't sleep with my two eyes closed. grin
gbam that true
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Nobody: 9:13am On May 08, 2022
bonnyhope:

How are you coping with electrical problems with Peugeot
Just like he said, it all boils down to maintenance and personal car care. No single electrical issue with my 206 1.4l till date. I get unbelievable mpg, plus 80% of spare parts are confined to 4-digits figures. Not to talk of the road credibility you get from law enforcement when travelling long or short distance. The respect is mad when you are responsibly garbed in native attire. Trust me, you won't regret getting a 206, 03-07 Toyota Corrolas are annoyingly overrated.

NOTE: The 206 (Tokunbo) is astronomically shooting towards 2 million naira or above as we debate this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by kay29000(m): 9:14am On May 08, 2022
Idaytesj29:

I am telling you. The rate at which this car is been stolen daily is unrivalled by any other car . A situation whereby if you font have a fence at home, your car isn't safe. You can't park by the road side for some minutes. Your mirror, door handles etc will be gone.

If you park out side on the street till day break, the corolla will be naked by the morning. All its vital "organs" are harvested already.

You just can't have peace of mind using the car

Whoa!
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by kay29000(m): 9:14am On May 08, 2022
dollarprincess:
I hope the ride will cast soon make everyone go rest

lol!
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by engrfaruq(m): 9:15am On May 08, 2022
doggedfighter:

Or sit beside the car when you attend a function instead of entering the hall cheesy

It's crazy !

It depends on the year of manufacture, I have 2013 corolla and I park it anywhere anytime, no fear, and nothing has ever happened.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by zuraking(m): 9:16am On May 08, 2022
Blankstare:

I traveled to Abuja for an assignment, pleaded with a sis to borrow me her new brand 2005 corrolla, I drove the car for good two months... That's when I realized it's big scam lie that the car doesn't consume fuel... Very big hummongus lie
FAT LIE bro. As the tank small so, the faster the fuel gets empty.

If u over speed for express, e go be like say the car wan tear into two grin

7 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by lexy2014: 9:16am On May 08, 2022
uncleck:

I tire o

E be like say u de follow Corolla quarrel. Corolla no follow u quarrel. If you don't like the car, you can always look for alternatives. No be by force

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by engrfaruq(m): 9:17am On May 08, 2022
ogwuche4u:
I own a Peugeot 307 and I tell for a fact that corrola doesn't come close to it. In terms of fuel economy, availability of spare parts, the 307 is top much. Nigerians are just wired to Corolla because of how they abuse vehicle. Every car is good. Maintenance is key to enjoying a car. I even laugh more when people compare Toyota to Peugeot 406. Have you asked yourself why they use 406 as pilot 1 for long distance journey? Enough of this Corolla madness.

I own 2007 307 and 2013 corolla, so what you're saying is not correct, except if you mean early years corolla.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ogwuche4u(m): 9:17am On May 08, 2022
dy79:

Please is p307 good for Uber?
If yes how much is the tokunbo?

Some people will argue that Peugeot is not good for ehailing business but I always ask them why? All they will say is Toyota is the best with no concrete evidence or fact to prove otherwise. One guy here on nairaland has been using his own for bolt since 2019. The Peugeot 307 has greater fuel efficiency than corrola which translates to more money In your account. Don't just play with routine maintenance and don't manage any spoilt part. This is my lion. I always enjoy the smooth ride.

15 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by crown08(m): 9:17am On May 08, 2022
uncleck:

Toyota Camry
Toyota Highlander
Acura MDX
Nissan Pathfinder
Honda Accord
Etc

I think it expensive for that price, what's your location pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

******Kakaki presents: Your Daily Car TIPS****** / Pictures: Presidency Officials Now Use Innoson Suv's / Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.