Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job (43817 Views)

250k Job In Lagos Or 500k Job In Port Harcourt / 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin / An Employer Asking Applicant About His Salary In His Previous Work.is It Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Rickmann: 10:49am On May 08, 2022
amzee:
A job seeker is meant to be on his or her
best behaviour when looking for a job,
especially during an interview. Even when
a job seeker finally gets the job, he or she
should still behave in a good way.

In a recent chats shared on Whatsapp, an
unidentified job seeker revealed how he/
she got a job that pays 250k per month
and how he lost the job almost
immediately.

According to the chat shared on Whatsapp, the job seeker was telling his friend on WhatsApp how an employer saw his resume and employed him as the company's designer. The employer also said that the company was going to pay
250k per month.

Immediately, the job seeker heard that his
salary was going to be 250,000 Naira, he
used a WhatsApp sticker of a male dwarf
dancing. He used the sticker to show how
excited he was, but the employer stopped
replying him and blocked him on
WhatsApp.

The job seeker lost a good paying job
because he could not control his
excitement.

This is wickedness of the highest order, if you ask me.

First, Since when did it become a crime or unethical to show excitement over a good news, especially in a country like ours where getting a job can be a miracle?

Secondly, It wasn't even public, it was a private conversation btw employee and the employer (HR) I guess..

It's really sad.

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by seguno2: 10:51am On May 08, 2022
amzee:

immediately.

According to the chat shared on Whatsapp, the job seeker was telling his friend on WhatsApp how an employer saw his resume and employed him as the company's designer. The employer also said that the company was going to pay
250k per month.

WhatsApp.

excitement.

Useless click bait story

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Mooh247: 10:52am On May 08, 2022
University should teach all this little ethics and not only focus on the core discipline

The guy might not have idea of how official communication are handled

Many don't know about dress code to work, ethics of certain jobs, decorum required and many more

2 Likes

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:54am On May 08, 2022
michlins:
Nigeria employers feeling like gods. He was excited and danced which is normal human reaction to good news.

If only if there were enough jobs to go round. Nonsense
The job wasn't meant for him.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Agwotulumbe(f): 10:54am On May 08, 2022
Mooh247:
University should teach all this little ethics and not only focus on the core discipline

The guy might not have idea of how official communication are handled
you're right kiss
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Codes151(m): 10:54am On May 08, 2022
So 250k now na well paying job. Smh �‍♂️
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Miracle2022: 10:55am On May 08, 2022
JohnGainsville:
That was an official chat. He should not have used such. That shows indiscipline

You can freely use stickers when you are chatting with a friend not when you are chatting with someone you just got to know or most especially on serious issues as this.
everyone deserves a second chance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by oshonwambada: 10:55am On May 08, 2022
michlins:
Nigeria employers feeling like gods. He was excited and danced which is normal human reaction to good news.

don't mind the idiots that are blaming the young man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Kobicove(m): 10:56am On May 08, 2022
grafixdon:
Move on you'll get a better deal. You just dulged a bullet

No sir, it was the employer that dodged a bullet...a person like that will tivialize official communication with a client and end up making it seem like the company is not serious!

3 Likes

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by oshonwambada: 10:56am On May 08, 2022
hope4nigeria:
probably the employer is fake, he's just doing stunts
You are right

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by DenreleDave(m): 10:57am On May 08, 2022
grafixdon:
Move on you'll get a better deal. You just dulged a bullet
which useless bullet?

He may never see such again or take time..
Instead of u to caution him, u r saying what is not..

People are fond of using sticker when there is a serious issue at hand....

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by DenreleDave(m): 10:57am On May 08, 2022
Kobicove:

No sir, it was the employer that dodged a bullet...a person like that will tivialize official communication with a client and end up making it seem like the company is not serious!

Exactly.. Thanks for educating the guy

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by DenreleDave(m): 10:58am On May 08, 2022
Holluwhakemmy:
The job wasn't meant for him.

Yes it was meant for another serious person with good sense

2 Likes

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Kajaard: 10:58am On May 08, 2022
Sified:
The employee get mind sha, sending sticker to someone you haven't gotten settled with.

I dey tell you cheesy

The dude was too dumb cheesy

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by OlawaleBammie: 10:58am On May 08, 2022
Stallionhorse:
Nigerians like to learn the hard way.
I broke up with a girl cause she abbreviates most of her words.. Its so irritating to me so I broke up with her.. Communication and how you communicate matters.
make we hear words oga wey no dey abbreviate.

Eve for school, dem teach us how to abbreviate while writing a note.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Bleiz(m): 10:58am On May 08, 2022
Stallionhorse:
I broke up with a girl cause she abbreviates most of her words.. Its so irritating to me so I broke up with her.. Communication and how you communicate matters.

Where is the friendship if you can easily break up with someone cos of abbreviations?

Don't repeat that communication thing again.

We have formal and informal communication methods. Must a relationship be formal?

You were too harsh on her and therefore she deserves better. She dodged a bullet.

4 Likes

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by sylve11: 10:59am On May 08, 2022
Stallionhorse:

I did the same thing with a girl I once dated. Abbreviations irritate the hell out of me. embarassed cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by tee4naija(m): 10:59am On May 08, 2022
matrix199:

250k per month is a bullet?

You obviously didn't see his point. He almost accepted a job with a toxic boss.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by BeardGangJnr1(m): 10:59am On May 08, 2022
Tallesty1:
Yet you couldn't communicate that you want her to write her words in full
U dey mind am All this woke wannabe.
I call them Fake-woke undecided

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by lagosrd: 10:59am On May 08, 2022
VladimirPutiin:
Just see how simple mistakes ruin someone.

You call it a "simple mistake" but that was a "stupid mistake"
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Nobody: 11:00am On May 08, 2022
Stallionhorse:
You are very right sir. Even with my fellow friends when ever we chat I use full spellings and punctuation. I don't want to get used to this nonsense Nigerians do type when ever they text you. My friends often complain but I often tell them that, I'm used to it. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by JoeEeL(m): 11:01am On May 08, 2022
Cant laff o. cheesy
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by ravensckar(m): 11:01am On May 08, 2022
michlins:

Exactly my thought! Why should a reasonable employer sack someone because of ordinary WhatsApp sticker? Like wtf?

If as an employer you're not comfortable with a person's style of communication (as it concerns official matters), isn't it proper to bring it to the person's notice? Why terminate his/employment on such grounds? Haha? These are the same sets of people that preach the leadership gospel bla bla bla. Shior!

A female subordinate once addressed me by my first name (as against my surname) without even adding the Mr. title. I just calmly explained to her that it's not appropriate to do so. We've not attained that level of 'closeness' that could warrant such. Besides, she's a lady and I'm a man, anybody could allude ugly meanings to such 'informality'. Immediately, she corrected herself and we became cool. If meself wan flex muscle, I could have written her up on it or reported to my superiors that she disrespected me. cheesy cheesy Or better still, make I claim 'harrassment'. cheesy cheesy

Nigerian bosses should be calming down abeg. We're humans not god.

PS- my erstwhile Director, we used to call her diety because of how she behaves. Not greeting her properly can get you sacked. Not adding 'Ma' to her name could get you a query. There was a time she queried me for not putting my hands behind my back while speaking to her. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by 27Pushing30: 11:03am On May 08, 2022
decub:

I've made the mistake of using BCOB in formal correspondences (email though) a couple of times but I noticed the recipient once responded with the same abbreviation.

We actually get along as partners but his superiors are always copied in the mails. Sometimes I get carried away because of the ability to respond to official mails on the go.

BCOB and COB are allowed… if anyone tells you different then they’re ignorant as you are.

ASAP nko? Dem no dey use am for official mail??

I also use LOL , boss , bro , how far in some of my mails but that is reserved for people I’m familiar/ got a rapport with - I no send who dey in copy.

It’s 2022 not 1960

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Ybaby: 11:03am On May 08, 2022
michlins:

There are enough jobs.... he should send emoji when the next opportunity comes.

The employer is not feeling like god - I think he just likes appropriate behaviour, etiquette etc !!!

I also blame the employer for chatting with a prospective employee on Whatsapp - it is too casual and can lead to pedestrian behaviour.

Always use emails or Slack.

3 Likes

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by akanbiaa(m): 11:03am On May 08, 2022
The employer probably felt insulted that the guy was referring to them as a clownish dwarf.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Zubydeangelo(m): 11:03am On May 08, 2022
amzee:

immediately.

250k per month.

WhatsApp.

excitement.
Maybe the employer na dwarf

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Heterodox(m): 11:03am On May 08, 2022
How can a job seeker get sacked.

You're an idiot for cooking up stories

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by NairaMaster1(m): 11:04am On May 08, 2022
JohnGainsville:
That was an official chat. He should not have used such. That shows indiscipline

You can freely use stickers when you are chatting with a friend not when you are chatting with someone you just got to know or most especially on serious issues as this.

Social media has destroyed them.

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by NairaMaster1(m): 11:04am On May 08, 2022
JohnGainsville:

Social media have destroyed them.

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by zedegit: 11:05am On May 08, 2022
Iniobong34:
Wickedness lipsrsealed

It's not wickedness. It's foolishness on his part.

He probably used the display of "small stout" dancing suggestively and sticking out his tongue like a gay.

He deserves the sack because it's so irritating and irresponsible.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Nobody: 11:05am On May 08, 2022
Everything matters in Nigeria.
You just v to be corporate as you can when applying for jobs.
Only in Nigeria ll a person apply as Yoruba Language teacher and still be expected to wear suit.
If such person wear agbada or buba n sokoto, he/she ll be cynosure of all eyes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Road Sweeper Job: Long Queue As Thousands Of Nigerians Struggle To Apply / Julius Berger Is Recruiting / How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.