Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,001 members, 7,806,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities (14104 Views)

Vigilantes Kill 50 Bandits In Self-Defence In Niger State / Bandits Kill 42 In Zamfara Communities / Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by Tranquillity360: 12:26am On May 08, 2022
No fewer than 50 persons were killed on Friday afternoon when bandits attacked three villages in the Bakura Local Government Area of Zamfara State.

A former councillor told Premium Times that the gunmen attacked Sabon Garin Damri, Damri and Kalahe villages, around 2:30pm on Friday.

He was quoted as saying, “I was in the main town when the bandits entered Sabon Garin Damri. We suddenly saw people running towards us. Then we started hearing sporadic gunshots. I was miraculously saved.”

According to him, the bandits carried out coordinated attacks on the villages before a joint security team confronted them.

Another resident, Mu’azu Damri, told the newspaper that the number of casualties would have been more if the security agents didn’t confront the bandits.

“I’ll have to personally applaud them (security agents), though I believe they should have come earlier because if they came at the right time, they would have saved a lot of people. But their arrival helped because the number would have been more than that,” he said.

Damri also said the intervention of the military forced the bandits to flee leaving behind the livestock, food items, and other things they had looted from residents.

While Damri said the bandits killed 48, people, multiple sources confirmed that the casualty was 56.

"We counted 56 people,” the councillor said. “In Damri, only three people were killed; a girl and two other men but the remaining were all killed in Sabon Garin Damri and Kalahe. Some of them were not residents of the two communities. They were people who came from nearby villages to celebrate Eid El Fitr with their relatives” he said.

Another resident of Bakura Town, Usman Lauwali, also said 56 people were confirmed dead by residents of the three communities.

He said those who were wounded were receiving treatment at the General Hospital, Bakura.

A police officer who spoke on the condition of anonymity told the newspaper that they were aware of the situation.

“We’re aware but you can wait for an official statement. I know that a strong reinforcement has been sent to Bakura and Talata Mafara axis this morning. The CP may even visit the communities later,” he said.

https://saharareporters.com/2022/05/07/terrorists-invade-zamfara-communities-kill-over-50-residents-mass-attacks

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by Tranquillity360: 12:27am On May 08, 2022
Federal government and it miscreants must find a way to link Ipob to this.

Ipob are our main problem in Nigeria.

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by Tranquillity360: 12:44am On May 08, 2022
Biafranlord:
IF THIS WAS IN THE SE ...THE LEGION OF ZOMBIES AND GENERATION MISCREANTS WILL FLOOD THIS THREAD WITH NONSENSEICAL NEWS AND FOOLISHNESS. THEY ACT AS IF THE LIVES OF DISPLACED NORTHERNERS DONT COUNT....BUT IF ITS SE YOU WILL SEE "MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKERS" FROM THE "BROWN ROOF KINGDOMS" STRECTHING FROM LAGOS TO KOGI STATES...MTCHEEEW!
Anything to destroy Ipob and Biafra is what they only care for, that's why they keep propagating lies against them.

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by Realist12: 12:50am On May 08, 2022
Solution to this terrorism is devolution of the police.
State police will definitely work with the locals and counter this attacks before they take place.

This is terrorism i don't know why they calling it bandit, all I see is terrorists sourcing for money hence stealing and kidnapping.

28 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 12:57am On May 08, 2022
Good. Gooder.Goodest. Let them keep destroying our investments over there in the name of hisbah and let God be God in their region..Lobatan

3 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by Coldsperm: 1:03am On May 08, 2022
Only six comments so far. If this happened in the East, this thread would have gotten at least 50 pages.

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by Frigga13: 1:10am On May 08, 2022
IPOB is not Biafra
IPOB is not igbo.. igbos are members of IPOB

IPOB is an organization that have misled igbos .. igbos now wish to compare themselves to a region killing over 50 human in a day to justify the killing of igbos by their fellow igbos .. becauE they’re being called out ...is shameless and smelly

If IPOB and their bingo wan be Aboki .. let them continue .. even beheading all igbos let them do
If they want to sit at home forever .. led them sit

One thing is sure .. the spirit of Biafra has left that organization and any other organization claiming to be fighting for Biafra

No matter how they twist it .. IPOB will only bring more violence in igbo and will keep using zamfara and kaduna Yardstick for their violence

All this their online bingo are just tearing chest and beating dry hoofs based on emotions and voltrons defending igbos online from Yoruba and Hausa grin

Ask them what’s next and how they plan to get Biafra .. nothing !

They want to force the government to conduct t referendum ... by sitting at home and killing their economic that way those in katsina and Kano will suffer with their generation

Ana goheri.

Very silly..
Death to IPOB.
IPOB erigo those illiterates online .. and denigrated them to the level of jihadist

Let igbo land burn jare ... a Na emenu.

Biafra is a spirit .. and it lives for ever

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by Litmus: 1:14am On May 08, 2022
Are Arabs still even into terrorism?

Blacks!

Blacks and crudity, especially one that does not require brain power.

You know, Africa Americans used to be trendsetters that the world followed? They used to be innovative, always creative, changing trends every couple of years or so. One day, the Hoody trend landed, bam! The moment i knew about hoodies, i knew this was it. I knew the trend was never going to end because it could facilitate criminality. I knew it was going to be that this was the Black Man's level. His fashion el dorado.

Now the black man has discovered Terrorism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by DonFreshmoney(m): 1:25am On May 08, 2022
And their useless ex governor and sharia founder Yerima picked APC presidential form.

4 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by Canvass: 1:33am On May 08, 2022
Frigga13:
IPOB is not Biafra
IPOB is not igbo.. igbos are members of IPOB

IPOB is an organization that have misled igbos .. igbos now wish to compare themselves to a region killing over 50 human in a day to justify the killing of igbos by their fellow igbos .. becauE they’re being called out ...is shameless and smelly

If IPOB and their bingo wan be Aboki .. let them continue .. even beheading all igbos let them do
If they want to sit at home forever .. led them sit

One thing is sure .. the spirit of Biafra has left that organization and any other organization claiming to be fighting for Biafra

No matter how they twist it .. IPOB will only bring more violence in igbo and will keep using zamfara and kaduna Yardstick for their violence

All this their online bingo are just tearing chest and beating dry hoofs based on emotions and voltrons defending igbos online from Yoruba and Hausa grin

Ask them what’s next and how they plan to get Biafra .. nothing !

They want to force the government to conduct t referendum ... by sitting at home and killing their economic that way those in katsina and Kano will suffer with their generation

Ana goheri.

Very silly..
Death to IPOB.
IPOB erigo those illiterates online .. and denigrated them to the level of jihadist

Let igbo land burn jare ... a Na emenu.

Biafra is a spirit .. and it lives for ever

Obed Azikiwe, Zik's father might have sold his soul for a penny, hoping his son rule the federation but not all Igbo's are Azikiwes.
Ojukwu fought a good war and lost with pride. Still not all Igbos are Ojukwu.
Biafra is a spirit that would prevail, if not now, in future. However, my question is why not now?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by Blue3k(m): 1:46am On May 08, 2022
Realist12:
Solution to this terrorism is devolution of the police.
State police will definitely work with the locals and counter this attacks before they take place.

This is terrorism i don't know why they calling it bandit, all I see is terrorists sourcing for money hence stealing and kidnapping.

All the usless people in nass have to do is delete that item from the exclusive list. They don't even need to replace it with anything. The 36 states legislatures can move from there.

I would also argue loosening gun ownership restrictions. If people weren't sitting ducks they'd fight back themselves. Since they are they run and hide in idp camps or pay the protection money.

2 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by EKONGKING: 1:47am On May 08, 2022
Iam seriously beginning to think ,toilet paper roll has more value than northern people lives.

Except for Ukraine ,there is absolutely no country in world at present ,where u hear 50 to 100 people dead week in and week out.

Toilet paper proved its worth during pandemic ,when supplies ran out.
It's left upto Northerners to prove their life have value still.
Until then ,a bundle of toilet roll has more value.

10 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by 9japride(m): 2:37am On May 08, 2022
Biafranlord:
IF THIS WAS IN THE SE ...THE LEGION OF ZOMBIES AND GENERATION MISCREANTS WILL FLOOD THIS THREAD WITH NONSENSEICAL NEWS AND FOOLISHNESS. THEY ACT AS IF THE LIVES OF DISPLACED NORTHERNERS DONT COUNT....BUT IF ITS SE YOU WILL SEE "MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKERS" FROM THE "BROWN ROOF KINGDOMS" STRECTHING FROM LAGOS TO KOGI STATES...MTCHEEEW!
[color=#006600][/color]

Money is the root of all evils. The eastern region has huge deposit of gas and also rich in oil. What does those northern region have? All the efforts in the eastern region is to secure the natural resources. It pains me that human lives does not matter. Those killed have bloods flowing in them. Why can't those miscreants who feast on eastern news try their possible best to save the northern region? Are those there not humans? Politics is a very dirty game. Smh

6 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by Ifearnoevil: 6:06am On May 08, 2022
Biafranlord:

The most annoying part is when you hear them say things like we warn them.

15 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by Yobabad: 6:18am On May 08, 2022
We Yoruba Muslims don't feel bad when northern Muslims are killed, we Yoruba Muslims don't feel bad when ever terorist attack northern state cos we know Islam support teror and killing

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by Tulsaguy: 6:20am On May 08, 2022
Ok
Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by AntiBMC(m): 6:29am On May 08, 2022
50 people! Yet this is the only thread that will talk of it.

Oyigboupdate and his patrons are not concerned about this at all. The people slaughtered, their lives don't matter because ESN/IPOB is not present there. Only the East matters.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by Googledotcom: 6:30am On May 08, 2022
"I will lead the war against terrorism from the fore front"

Who made this quote ?

4 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by jmoore(m): 6:37am On May 08, 2022
This is why reasonable Igbo people are speaking against IPOB terrorist group before they evolve to same ranking as bokoharam.
Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by Smoke55: 7:15am On May 08, 2022
How can I explain to an outsider that the death of 2 military couple in the south east region generated more wave and concern in Nigeria than the death of 50 people killed in the north??

Will it be an insult when I say that "lives of 2 igbos are equivalent to lives of hundred northerners"?

Less than a 24hrs after the death of the two military couple in the east, presidency issued a press statement condemning it, but more than 3 days after the killing of 50 people in zamfara presidency are yet to comment on it why? Are their lives valueless and useless??

To think that this same governor of zamfara was just commending wike for killing ipob obigbo people In river state few days ago,he commended him for his actions against ipob,why can't he take same actions against bandits killing people in his state..

These lots are disgusting....spit!!

37 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by ndo2: 7:17am On May 08, 2022
We niggeria dont care about how many useless northeners are massacared, we only care about a single igbo man that is killed because we are usuless without igbos .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by cenaman(m): 7:21am On May 08, 2022
Hand work of the IPOB.

1 Like

Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by AsiwajuOfPeePoo: 7:27am On May 08, 2022
Their death their business.
Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by Nobody: 7:35am On May 08, 2022
North East gone. South east
Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by pinkguy(m): 7:39am On May 08, 2022
Ops
Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by pinkguy(m): 7:39am On May 08, 2022
Welcome to hell
Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by Tranquillity360: 7:41am On May 08, 2022
Smoke55:
How can I explain to an outsider that the death of 2 military couple in the south east region generated more wave and concern in Nigeria than the death of 50 people killed in the north??

Will it be an insult when I say that "lives of 2 igbos are equivalent to lives of hundred northerners"?

Less than a 24hrs after the death of the two military couple in the east, presidency issued a press statement condemning it, but more than 3 days after the killing of 50 people in zamfara presidency are yet to comment on it why? Are their lives valueless and useless??

To think that this same governor of zamfara was just commending wike for killing ipob obigbo people In river state few days ago,he commended him for his actions against ipob,why can't he take same actions against bandits killing people in his state..

These lots are disgusting....spit!!
Those people only care how to keep Nigeria as one so that they will continue looting.

21 Likes

Re: Bandits Kill 50 Residents In Zamfara Communities by Frigga13: 7:46am On May 08, 2022
Canvass:

Obed Azikiwe, Zik's father might have sold his soul for a penny, hoping his son rule the federation but not all Igbo's are Azikiwes.
Ojukwu fought a good war and lost with pride. Still not all Igbos are Ojukwu.
Biafra is a spirit that would prevail, if not now, in future. However, my question is why not now?

Because you don’t put the cart before the horse

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Whats Gej Doing With Agege Bread In Fec Meeting? / Senate Rejects The Establishment Of Maritime University Of Nigeria, Lokoja / Ban On Street Begging: Kano Arrests 500 Beggars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.