Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat (31996 Views)

Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos / Searching for a BQ, Room in Shared Flat or “Self Contained” along Lekki Axis / Peckham spacious single Room £400pcm for tidy, Quiet female in shared flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by html14java(f): 11:44am On May 08, 2022
Please nls, I need your advice.
My Fiancé rented a 1 room and Palour out of a 3 bedroom flat. Its well demarcated so they only share the kitchen. The other two rooms are occupied by 2 different individuals which were tenants before him. He came in through one of the earlier occupants and they've been living very fine.

Please I wish to know
What are the dangers of living in such apartment if perhaps issues arise because

1. The lawyer or the landlord according to him, is not aware of the development. Once the rent expires, they get paid and so have no need coming around in a long time.
2. From what my guy said, All 3 of them are not the first occupant of the Flat. It was handed over from the original tenant to his co tenant who rented it out to him.
3. Though he has the lion share of all bills(electric and security), since he occupy the larger part of the house, he has no access to the original rent receipt.
4. Other flat, are all occupied by family men and have no need to share. Just his flat.

So, the enlightened in the house, please what are the dangers of living in such place perhaps issues arise among the tenants in the future?

8 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by sylve11: 11:48am On May 08, 2022
Are there no other apartments in the neighbourhood? Why must your guy tow that route?

I once did a similar thing while I was in Kaduna. Never to try it again, though. I value my privacy and peace of mind. cool

101 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by TimmyTen(m): 11:48am On May 08, 2022
Privacy and peace. The most obvious disadvantage of sharing apartments is the fact that you have to do without parts of your privacy.

Most decisions are joint and you have to ask for permission to do certain things. Hygiene too can be a problem.

105 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Adonis86(m): 11:48am On May 08, 2022
How come this kind of post made it to the front page?

Ops, how this matter take concern you, abi na your apartment?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by oluwaSavage: 11:48am On May 08, 2022
Well from what you said, it seems everything is going fine, it's all well demarcated right? Good.
But
There might be theft soon
If you're a loud moaner during intense s€x with your man, na wahala be that, everywhere go burst. grin
If or when the landlord finds out, he won't be happy with that kinda arrangement.

Omo, to live alone na the best o, no monitoring spirit no yamayama

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Teeaser4(m): 11:48am On May 08, 2022
H

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Kingpele(m): 11:49am On May 08, 2022
Depends on the kind of relationship he have with the co tenants..however it is wrong in the side of the law to demarcate a property without the consent of the owner..in this case if they had misunderstanding, the original tenant will have to evict others

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Kingozymandias(m): 11:49am On May 08, 2022
Things to note

Number 1
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Nobody: 11:49am On May 08, 2022
Why you come post Zee World poster for the post.
Last Drop:
They should enjoy the sharing while it last or your fiance, the lion shareholder should man up & inform those incharge of the house and let them know they won't default.
Things like this are common in Nigeria due to poor economy on almost everyone. But no matter how it is, landlord, caretaker etc must know from the beginning.

3 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Uzomacharles: 11:49am On May 08, 2022
Your roomie go know when you dey kpash sef

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by SamPeeLamen(m): 11:50am On May 08, 2022
wahala
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by EXLOVER(m): 11:50am On May 08, 2022
Since they are sharing kitchen, your fiancee should keep are stuffs safe, to avoid any form of food poisoning, you know jealousy can cause a lot.

She will have invisible using gas with her.

She should be friendly at same time mind her business to avoid see finish

Sharing of apartment is normal thing, even they do it more in abroad, no much worries.

Male neighbors might want to shine her congo

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Naustine(m): 11:50am On May 08, 2022
Well!! As long as they don't share bathroom and toilet..I think much issues won't come up. As for the landlord issue..it depends on the type of landlord sha..but it's usually better to carry the landlord along in instances like this. E get why

3 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by iamauxin(m): 11:50am On May 08, 2022
I'm a lawyer and as far as I'm concerned your fiance is a squatter in that premises. Because the apartment was 'sublet' to him by another tenant and not the landlord.

IN the event there's any issue arising from your stay there or the usage of the common place it will be resolved against you.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by definitelyME(m): 11:51am On May 08, 2022
My brothers and sisters if you want to brighten your day grin , go and watch brighton vs manchester united highlights and laugh away your sorrows grin

I better not see any man-u fan smiling for the next few days or else... Hmmm grin

10 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Nazgul: 11:51am On May 08, 2022
From your number one... he clearly doesn't have a house regardless of how much he paid as rent cos he can be kicked out any day by either the landlord or the lawyer.

I don't know why some people just love unnecessary problems in this life. Is it that one bedroom apartment as so scarce in his location that he'll use his money to rent problem?

Since you're his fiancee just advice him that once his rent expires he should just vacate that accomodation and look for a much better apartment where he'll have peace of mind. Cos that house is a time bomb that can go off any moment.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by teabing: 11:51am On May 08, 2022
people change with time,baba should go get two bedroom flat or better still a room and parlor sef con.people change!!

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by GooodHardDick: 11:51am On May 08, 2022
OP, we're not kids here.

you're only bothered because your privacy of having sex with him will be reduced drastically because of the other occupants!

However, if you want a situation where you want to bang him without the interferences of other occupants, then give him money so he can rent another apartment on his own, of course, or is it only your over used pussy you have to offer him?. If you ain't ready to give him money, I'll urge you to allow that young man to have peace in his house.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Neddstark: 11:51am On May 08, 2022
Your fiance should make sure he lives in the room he has as a self-contain. Let him strictly mind his business and try not to store food in the kitchen. You don't have an idea of the background of the neighbors. They can do anything to his food.

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by planetE(m): 11:51am On May 08, 2022
If there is corporation and understanding, they can cohabit peacefully till your partner will secure another apartment that will give him the full privacy he desires

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by definitelyME(m): 11:52am On May 08, 2022
My brothers and sisters grin if you want to brighten your day, go and watch brighton vs manchester united highlights and laugh away your sorrows grin ....

I better not see any man-u fan smiling for the next few days or else... Hmmm grin
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Loveisnotenough: 11:52am On May 08, 2022
Ok
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Shadysen: 11:52am On May 08, 2022
M
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by admissionrunz: 11:52am On May 08, 2022
I don't know
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by soundOsonic: 11:52am On May 08, 2022
Why do you women want to cause problem?

You want to convince him to leave the place, do so.

The main purpose of you asking is to plant discord in his heart, so he can start suspecting his roommate.

Most Women are fond of going to their fiancee house to fight landlord, tenants and the rest.
Simply because they don't like the place instead of talking their man out, to leave there

7 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Realists(m): 11:52am On May 08, 2022
Legally pray that there is no clause in the Tenancy agreement, against subtenancy.
It's a fact that the court will rule against ths landlord on implied terms.
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by lokotowers(m): 11:52am On May 08, 2022
Bills

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can 10M Naira complete a housing project(land Inclusive)? / Shocking Warnings On A Gate In FCT / 5-storey Building Collapses In Apapa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.