Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,987 members, 7,806,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President (12575 Views)

2023: Ahmed Lawan Refutes Reports Of Withdrawal, Says He Will Win Primary / Army Refutes Reports Of Gun Battle Over Gold Nuggets In Katsina / INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Wearing An APC Campaign Cap With Broom Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by stephanie11: 11:52am On May 08, 2022
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

The Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu has responded to rumours that he intends to run for President in 2023 on the platform of the All progressives Congress, APC.

In a statement made available to POLITICS NIGERIA on Sunday, signed by his media aide, Rotimi Oyekanmi, the chairman disclosed that such will not happen. The statement read;

"Our attention has been drawn to innuendoes in certain quarters that Nigerians should not be surprised if the INEC Chairman joins the Presidential race or urging him to do so."

"It is a preposterous proposition. It will not happen."

"The Chairman remains an umpire committed to free, fair and credible elections. His constitutional responsibilities as the Chief Electoral Commissioner of the Federation and Returning Officer for the presidential election are onerous enough for him to even contemplate straying into extraneous matters at variance with the law, morality and his personal principles."

"The Chairman will continue to discharge his responsibilities without affection for, or illwill against, any political party or candidate."

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-inec-chairman-speaks-on-rumoured-2023-ambition-makes-revelation/

2 Likes

Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by Malory: 11:53am On May 08, 2022
Since he denied it that means it is true. This is the hallmark of this failed regime

82 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by chatinent: 11:54am On May 08, 2022
No bi Nigeria again?

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by rayvelez(m): 11:54am On May 08, 2022
It will still happen nothing surprise us in this fail government.

10 Likes

Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by iCauseTrouble: 11:55am On May 08, 2022
I heard Seun is declaring tomorrow. How true is it?

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by Amotolongbo(f): 11:56am On May 08, 2022
Well, since CBN Governor could buy form, INEC chairman can also buy a form. Anything is possible with this APC government.

Insanity is the keyword for this administration

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by definitelyME(m): 11:56am On May 08, 2022
My brothers and sisters grin if you want to brighten your day grin , go and watch brighton vs manchester united highlights and laugh away your sorrows grin

I better not see any man-u fan smiling anyhow for the next few days or else, I'm gonna brighten his day... grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by Damidave1124(m): 11:56am On May 08, 2022
INEC chairman is not expected to play a partisan politics. We know you will not contest.
Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by polite2(m): 11:56am On May 08, 2022
Imagine a country called Nigeria, where the INEC chairman is supposed to be neutral.. but NO...he is even contemplating contesting for a preferred party

2 Likes

Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by Starz825(m): 11:56am On May 08, 2022
Since na everybody wan become president...
Why Dem no go mention your name

Me ma sef go later buy form Sha...
APC form too cost..haba 100m#

Abeg which party dey wey their form no pass 2500#... cheesy...make i buy for myself and my family

This only goes to show how ridiculous we have been as a country.

The only thing we all know here is politics of corruption.. ..no growth no developments.. no nothing...

Omooo our country na wa ....I say na everyday God dey check on me to see if I still normal grin

6 Likes

Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by Shadysen: 11:56am On May 08, 2022
Wicked people with zero good plans for people.
Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by nairaman66(m): 11:56am On May 08, 2022
Nigeria is a joke!

CBN governor contesting for president.
INEC chairman contesting for president.

Just imagine how other African countries would be thinking!

And we want Nigerians to be respected abroad?

1 Like

Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by Urbanchampion: 11:57am On May 08, 2022
I won't believe whatever he
Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by Obyangel: 11:57am On May 08, 2022
It is finished
Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by oluwaSavage: 11:57am On May 08, 2022
grin grin grin grin
Very funny...
Why won't people make such allegations, when y'all are very very useless like Maguire and Manchester United

4 Likes

Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by Nobody: 11:58am On May 08, 2022
Who else remain to indicate interest?

Bobrisky ?

4 Likes

Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by Nobody: 11:58am On May 08, 2022
grin Naija & Fake News are like.............. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

hahahahahaha JESUS CHRIST! wetin I no go hear for this naija? I bet he would soon declare officially. Na so all of them dey do am. Umahi first declined, oshopikin too declined, Ameachi at a time declined too, even Osinbajo was romancing at a time, shame on all present day naija politicians especially APC Tilumbum and Buhari supporters

1 Like

Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by betinvest(m): 11:58am On May 08, 2022
See wetin tinubu cause
Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by tesppidd: 11:58am On May 08, 2022
For goodness sake even a foetus knows this is fake.

It beats me how grown men and women are already making statements and castigating Nigeria and castigating APC.

Na wa ooh, all these 70 year old mumu men sef.

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by Nobody: 11:59am On May 08, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
I heard Seun is declaring tomorrow. How true is it?

Me, I already declared, all i need is 5 billion naira donation from you guys

https://www.nairaland.com/7109811/nairalander-joins-race-presidency-seeks
Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:59am On May 08, 2022
The more , the merrier........

STARBOY AND ZULUM, we dey behind una....

No Shakings........

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by Brigggzxxt: 12:00pm On May 08, 2022
Wawulence
Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by Mrkcee(m): 12:00pm On May 08, 2022
How can INEC chairman himself contest? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by southking92(m): 12:00pm On May 08, 2022
na so dem dey first deny
Re: Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President by slivertongue: 12:00pm On May 08, 2022
APC candidate

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo Leads, Presides Over FEC, Tripartite Committee Same Day / Zainab's. Article On Boko Haram. A People In Terminal Decline. / Stella Oduah Absent At FEC Meeting Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.