Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Advice On First Car To Buy - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice On First Car To Buy (20587 Views)

Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner / When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? / Best Car To Buy As A First Car: Car Buying Tips For First Time Buyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by mojounited(m): 8:56am On May 23, 2022
Godman007:

Nope, mine isn't a Lexus. I drive a Toyota Corrolla 2010.
I'll advise you use your regular mech, but just suggest the inner cup bearing may be the fault, so he can check it.
Pls also watch enough youtube videos, it'll guide you to the likely cause of the problem.
Gracias.

Thank you Godman007
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by Mryacks: 9:12pm On May 23, 2022
antibullshit:
Before I even read this thread I knew many people would say toyota. Toyota lovers won't let us rest! They talk as if toyotas don't need maintenance and forget that toyotas especially their beloved corolla are not high performance cars and are dull to drive ! They are mass produced and cheap compared to mercedes bmw lexus etc. If you can afford a benz or beamer do not buy a toyota because its far less exciting to drive . Im on my 7th bmw and loving it! Nigeria's economy is the main reason why corollas are everywhere but if you can afford to ,enjoy your life as much as possible . The driving experience is not the same with a performance car!

Just what I needed to hear...pls tell me more about them BMW 3series (which is the best year from 2007 - 2010).

I have had had the chance to bug from people who wanted to sell but I often I pass on cos of the whole "hard to maintain talk" by Nigerians. Ahh, e too get wahala with electrical bla bla...pls who do u advice are the basic do's and don't's if I do get the BMW? I love those cars but have never had any experience with it.
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by kcstyle40(m): 11:16pm On May 24, 2022
Pls house is toyota venza a good option for a first timer ??
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by yak(m): 6:52am On Jul 08, 2022
veektoh:

With a budget of 1.5 - 2m, you can go for the Honda Civic, camry or corolla. But of course it has to be a registered/used 1. If you are lucky enough you’ll get a good used 1. Tokunbo/foreign used cars cost a lot more than 2m/2.5m. An average civic/corolla/camry starting from the year 2005 cost almost 3m for a clean Tokunbo.

So if you are not always on the road, and you need a good car that’s easy to maintain, the Honda Civic, corolla and uhmm camry got you. I think Corolla is the king of them all, they say you can never go wrong with the corolla

Would you suggest a 2004/5 Honda Civic (Nigeria Used)
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by veektoh(m): 10:47am On Jul 08, 2022
yak:

Would you suggest a 2004/5 Honda Civic (Nigeria Used)

Sure, call or WhatsApp: 07069372084
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by Acrobatics01: 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hi Guys kiss

I would appreciate your recommendation for a good SUV that is within 3m. If not SUV, any other well-meaning suggestion is highly appreciated
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? / 10 Things A Mechanic Doesn't Want You To Know / Different Car Door Types You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.