Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:02 PM

What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) (45306 Views)

Help I Noticed This Beside Her Vagina (disturbing Pics) / What Could Be The Cause Of My Chicken's Death? / I Need Help For My Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by phemmyfour: 10:21am On May 09, 2022
West2019:
So you go eat an as its .
No bird infection can survive under 100deg C hot water and hot boiling oil....
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by West2019(m): 10:21am On May 09, 2022
STEWpid:

Do you know the condition of some of the already prepared Chickens you buy outside and eat?

A man was caught picking and preparing dead chickens to sell to people and he has been doing so for years!

Anyway, some retardedd people no send you o, especially poverty stricken paupers. Dem go chop am, sweat better sweat on top!
Nigeria
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Phoenixk: 10:22am On May 09, 2022
Fowl pox , did you vaccinate against fowl pox ?
It looks like a Broiler and broilers don't usually get vaccinated till they are taken to table because the Fowl Pox doesn't manifest before then

So the only challenge may be that your pen is infected and needs to be properly disinfected
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by ciggy000(m): 10:24am On May 09, 2022
Makschinchin:

Those are indeed the symptoms and one is dead already from this ailment.. Please, any effective med for it??
Split lime into halves then use a part to remove those stuffs from their eyes and surroundings. It's works well as that's what my mum uses. It's called fowl pus
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Paramount01(m): 10:25am On May 09, 2022
This is caused by coyza.
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Emmypure: 10:26am On May 09, 2022
That disease is seasonal, it always widespread during dry season, always put tetracycline in their water.
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by meetolu(m): 10:29am On May 09, 2022
Get unsalted locust beans (Iru) in Yoruba, Grind to paste and apply on those things, and watch those things fall off in 2-3 days. This remedy is the 32nd wonder of the world.
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Ezedon(m): 10:37am On May 09, 2022
Rub it Palm oil
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by tonididdy(m): 10:38am On May 09, 2022
Cut that neck now grin
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by selch(m): 10:44am On May 09, 2022
This looks alot like fowl pox, did you vaccinate the bird at 8 weeks? Was it done properly?.
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by gbeguse: 10:45am On May 09, 2022
Where did u get that statistics from when u mentioned 90%mortality
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by OlujobaSamuel: 10:48am On May 09, 2022
phemmyfour:
No bird infection can survive under 100deg C hot water and hot boiling oil....
We have bacteria and virus, your hot water can kill bacteria but not a virus.
Infectious Coryza is a bacteria, while Avian Pox(fowl pox) is a virus.
They look alike and sometimes, your bird might be infected with both.
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by herber(m): 10:51am On May 09, 2022
Get Aboniki balm and apply it on it everyday.. come back and thank me later.

Note: The chicken might behave anyhow after you applied it but be rest assured nothing will happen to it.
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Nobody: 10:53am On May 09, 2022
When you had Super Chicken Eagles what did you do?
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Raph82(m): 10:55am On May 09, 2022
sherozy:
coccidiosis I guess. Try looking for the vaccine. And separate the sick birds from the healthy ones.
No, that's not coccidiosis, this is not caused by coccidia, the predilection site for coccidia is the lining and walls of the gastrointestinal tract. Once this site is eroded, the affected bird passes out bloody faeces, followed by other symptoms. This is more of infectious coryza or fowl pox.
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by oluwatodimu1(m): 10:57am On May 09, 2022
This is Fowl pox! It could be worse than this... If the bird still eats feed and drink water, I will suggest you get Ampicillin- based vet drug or Pox proline.
If you want to prevent such from happening next time, ensure your birds get vaccinated against fowl pox by an animal health care professional.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by merits(m): 11:02am On May 09, 2022
Makschinchin:
Good evening all, as seen in the picture, what kind of ailment is this?... It has affected some of my birds for many days now despite the fact that I have given them med. And it is hindering the birds from eating well and also affected their sight... Any help or med that will be very effective please??

Chicken cancer, deadly disease.
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by SeeUrLife: 11:05am On May 09, 2022
Makschinchin:
Good evening all, as seen in the picture, what kind of ailment is this?... It has affected some of my birds for many days now despite the fact that I have given them med. And it is hindering the birds from eating well and also affected their sight... Any help or med that will be very effective please??

It's a fowl pox disease!
Get a fowpox drugs from your vet or store.

But the best short cut is to use ampicillin or ampiclox capsule, for 3 consecutive days then fresh water. That's how I treated mine.
Thank me later.
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by lextube: 11:08am On May 09, 2022
Makschinchin:

Did you vaccinate your fowls of gomborro and lasota? The absence of such vaccines is the result of that disease.
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Omotosho1090905(m): 11:13am On May 09, 2022
OP modify your title to "disease" not sickness thanks and I hope the poultry farmers in the house can help you out
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by marenkurz: 11:15am On May 09, 2022
Dissolve tetracycline in water. Let the chicken drink. It works for our chicken back then.
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by DoctorStylish: 11:24am On May 09, 2022
yesterday i saw a thread regarding poultry vs bakery in terms of lucrativeness .
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by NorthernSerene(m): 11:25am On May 09, 2022
33bandit:
Chickens are often infected if your poultry environment is dirty ie stagnant water breeding mosquitoes .

It's best you dispose the remaining birds and decontaminate .then improve on hygiene
You good Doc. but this your moniker. Na wao!
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Sirseedorf(m): 11:35am On May 09, 2022
Hello Op

I've been training chicken since 10years now, in fact right from my primary school days.
You have to remove that thing from your chicken faces, then you'll apply lime water, osan wewe. Just leave it for four days and you will come here to thank me.

Again pile the dark spot from it face, then cut a lime and use it especially the water to rub the injure spot and affected area, make sure you pile every spot on it face because the eat dip to the chicken face the more it stay long on the face, mind you it only affect their face. Make sure you act fast ......lime,lime water rub and watch your chicken for 3 to 4 days....

Ciao....
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by adecz: 11:51am On May 09, 2022
Fowl pox.

Separate it, Put it on antibiotics and
lots of fluids and feeds.

It's not a disease with high death
rate.

Its body will fight the disease
& pull through.
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Stargurl20(f): 11:55am On May 09, 2022
I think I've seen similar thing on my neighbor's chicken before. I felt pity for the chicken then but it's like those ones were ignorant. They just kept feeding it ampiclox or something
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by SEGLIZ: 12:01pm On May 09, 2022
treesun:

This is chronic "Lukuluku"! You need to quickly kill and roast it before it die anyhow!
nobi only lùkúlùkú, òfìnkìn sef join inside.grin

come to think of it you are bad o, you want to roast lùkúlùkú!?
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Sirchef: 12:03pm On May 09, 2022
Give am red and yellow capsule
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Rexymania(m): 12:06pm On May 09, 2022
Antibiotics
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by mgccrown(m): 12:13pm On May 09, 2022
i will help you out. first separate the sick immediately. secondly what is the age of ur birds. let me know I will prescribe drugs for u. I'm a farmer too (poultry
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Worksunlimited: 12:13pm On May 09, 2022
Makschinchin:

Those are indeed the symptoms and one is dead already from this ailment.. Please, any effective med for it??

Isolate it first before it infects others

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Killed This Monitor Lizard In A Fish Farm (Photos) / My Goat Gave Birth To A Premature Kid / A Soft Bed: What My Wife And I Do When It Rains On The Farm (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.