Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,962 members, 7,799,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) (45365 Views)

Help I Noticed This Beside Her Vagina (disturbing Pics) / What Could Be The Cause Of My Chicken's Death? / I Need Help For My Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Gali1: 12:21pm On May 09, 2022
that's chicken pox, treat it with nemycin, virosine and multivitamins, they will be find
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by mgccrown(m): 12:22pm On May 09, 2022
the deases is called CACCIDIOCIS. And The most popular treatment for coccidiosis is
Amprolium , which blocks the parasite's ability to
uptake and multiply. Treatment is usually
administered by adding Amprolium to the
chickens' water supply, however in some cases,
where sick chickens aren't eating or drinking
enough, the medication is given orally. you may watasp me for more

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by davillian(m): 12:41pm On May 09, 2022
Makschinchin:

Those are indeed the symptoms and one is dead already from this ailment.. Please, any effective med for it??
I don't know but back then we apply red oil on it and wait for it to dry up then we remove it and still apply red oil but it's on local chicken
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 09, 2022
NorthernSerene:

You good Doc. but this your moniker. Na wao!

Loool ..it's actually heartbandit
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Highshow05(m): 1:17pm On May 09, 2022
Makschinchin:
Good evening all, as seen in the picture, what kind of ailment is this?... It has affected some of my birds for many days now despite the fact that I have given them med. And it is hindering the birds from eating well and also affected their sight... Any help or med that will be very effective please??

Coccidiosis. Go and buy Kep Cox and Tylo Dox. The disease is deadly and can kill birds within few hours.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by JackWolfskin: 1:18pm On May 09, 2022
Makschinchin

Fowl Pox.

No cure but the mortality is around 50%.

Treat the symptoms as they present and ensure access to multivitamins and antiviral vet medicines.

Appy palm oil or tooth paste to the lesions.
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by JIBO4REAL(m): 1:20pm On May 09, 2022
Get LA antibiotic, mixed it with multivitamin and inject all affected chickens, if it didn’t disappear come and beat me
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by seunH: 1:31pm On May 09, 2022
mgccrown:
the deases is called CACCIDIOCIS. And The most popular treatment for coccidiosis is
Amprolium , which blocks the parasite's ability to
uptake and multiply. Treatment is usually
administered by adding Amprolium to the
chickens' water supply, however in some cases,
where sick chickens aren't eating or drinking
enough, the medication is given orally. you may watasp me for more
Hmmmmm, my chairman, I hail oooo
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by ladychioma: 1:51pm On May 09, 2022
Fowl pox

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Dipseet(m): 2:22pm On May 09, 2022
Mix kerosene and red oil together, apply
little on it on a daily basis. That's what i normally donwhen i was small.
qekng40:
I only know of bird flu sad

Where are the poultry farmers in the house??
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by otunbateejay(m): 2:44pm On May 09, 2022
Makschinchin:
Good evening all, as seen in the picture, what kind of ailment is this?... It has affected some of my birds for many days now despite the fact that I have given them med. And it is hindering the birds from eating well and also affected their sight... Any help or med that will be very effective please??
Guy buy antibiotic for them is normal na weather cause it
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by 12345baba(m): 3:09pm On May 09, 2022
They done blow ur chicken
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Ahmed4u1: 3:12pm On May 09, 2022
Makschinchin:

Its common in chicken, go to all these local cream seller and ask them of a cream call one minute, its use for all kind of rashes, thats what i use to cure that disease whenever its visit my chickens... U will pill their face and rub the cream there, trust me before 3 days, it will disappear... The cream is only #100 naira only.
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Mom007(f): 3:19pm On May 09, 2022
sherozy:
coccidiosis I guess. Try looking for the vaccine. And separate the sick birds from the healthy ones.
That's not cocci oga. That's fowl pox.
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 09, 2022
Had same issues with my birds last year

isolate the ones that are showing little or no signs of the sickness yet. Go to a good vet store and get iondine and avipox solutions.

This should be mixed with their water or feed.

But the sad truth is that those seriously affected rarely survive
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Oluwasaudy(m): 4:01pm On May 09, 2022
The general name is fowl pox.... You failed to vaccinate them against it ...

It is deadly and it causes high rate of mortality
Go to the vet shop...buy pox off ...of anything that pertains to pox...

Then put in the water and let them drink...it will dry off within 3 to 5 days

And for those birds that have Ben seriously affected...once you prepare the solution...get a syringe...draw like 5ml...open the mouth of the bird and apply like every 3 to 6 hours till you get a better results....

God bless you
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by treesun: 4:14pm On May 09, 2022
SEGLIZ:
nobi only lùkúlùkú, òfìnkìn sef join inside.grin

come to think of it you are bad o, you want to roast lùkúlùkú!?

My mum used to have small poultry and at a time like this, we boys are always happy, because this is free chicken and extra protein, when garnished with lot of dry pepper!

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Foodlovers: 4:43pm On May 09, 2022
I'm here to learn from experienced guys here
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Aaay: 4:44pm On May 09, 2022
Call a doctor
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by chaloskyx: 5:40pm On May 09, 2022
Why don't you kill it and eat then use yourself as a case study to have a better understanding of the problem
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Asswipemod: 5:56pm On May 09, 2022
Makschinchin:

That's marek disease also known as fowl pox.
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Harbeytech: 7:13pm On May 09, 2022
This fowl pox
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by SeyiAnwo(m): 7:28pm On May 09, 2022
Makschinchin:
This is called Fowl pox. It is very contagious from animal to the other. It doesn't have cure because it is a virus infection.
Suggestions: isolate the sick bird, vaccinate the rest flock. Treat the sick bird with doxygene and tetracycline. Break the pox and treat with 'Gelu'
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Kimiso(m): 7:38pm On May 09, 2022
Makschinchin:
these one na apollo
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by drmuchin: 7:44pm On May 09, 2022
drdipo,
whats your take on this one?
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by yanabasee(m): 8:27pm On May 09, 2022
Makschinchin:

Those are indeed the symptoms and one is dead already from this ailment.. Please, any effective med for it??

If no one have given you any med...

Get a red oil...... ensure that 6ou rub it through all the bulges on their faces....

And allow them for days...

Always do that when the infection starts ...

Don't buy anything to waste money... Red oil is the remedy and I can tell you that this will work 100%
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 09, 2022
tetralogyfallot:
Gomboro

Gomboro has almost the same symptoms but the lesions are found in the bursa of fabricious
While for apv on the crown and wattles

Your moniker made me remember the topic tetralogy of fallot in embryology ,did you study vet medcine
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by lookingfly: 8:47pm On May 09, 2022
Makschinchin:
go to the nearest veterinary laboratory to you for adequate diagnosis and drug prescription (I can direct you depending on your location) but if you want to depend on some faceless individuals that are not even trained in that field for help, then you blame yourself when that does not subside they start dying massively.
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by mrauthority: 8:55pm On May 09, 2022
Apply palm oil on the affected area.
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by VicM6: 9:44pm On May 09, 2022
kill that chicken Asap....
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 09, 2022
Hmmm good old days when I was still Into livestock. I think this Is Coccidiosis. There Is a Vaccine which cures It within a short period of time. I have forgotten the name though. I'm absolutely sure your birds were not Vaccinated with "Gumboro & Lasota" when they were young. Here Is the result of your Negligence......
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by billyman(m): 12:34am On May 10, 2022
That's call KoLu. Yoruba people will understand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Killed This Monitor Lizard In A Fish Farm (Photos) / Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) / A Soft Bed: What My Wife And I Do When It Rains On The Farm (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.