Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,019 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked (3010 Views)

Whatsapp Stops Working On Windows Phones / Microsoft Just Put Another Nail In The Coffin For Windows Phones / Microsoft Confirms Windows Phones As Dead And Heading To The Grave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by Multybox: 9:06am On May 09, 2022
I kind of miss how pretty Nokia Lumia Windows phones looked

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by OneGeek(m): 9:26am On May 09, 2022
Nokia Lumia is the reason for my raging love for smartphones. In its prime, the lineup felt the most fun with Live Tiles, and its flagships had interesting features (The Lumia 1520 had Zirconium buttons, how posh!)

Alas, the smartphone space was in a massive flux at the time, and only a few knew it. When Apple made moves like iOS 7, and Android was bumbling along, it really seemed like they were the dumb ones. How the tables turned!

Lumia lost hard, but its legacy is quite something. In my opinion, it made pre-2015 era the most valuable section in mobile device history, before things settled into slabs of metal and glass chock full with more and more power.

I remember when I first heard the 1020 had 41MP. Bonkers at the time. The good times those were.

13 Likes

Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by Unseen(m): 12:33pm On May 09, 2022
I enjoyed Lumia phones those years ooooo. Really enjoyed them.
How I wished they were not discontinued. I won't be using another OS that's not windows

3 Likes

Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by Rareoil(m): 1:28pm On May 09, 2022
The Lumia series was so good, they failed because Microsoft kept pushing their useless empty app store which had less apps, and since Lumia wasn't popular,app developers didn't want to go through the stress off porting their app in a store with very few users.

If they had used android and kept their UI, people would still use them today.

Microsoft is to be blamed here.

11 Likes

Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by Authoreety: 2:36pm On May 09, 2022
Meanwhile, me I no see any difference with all of them...

My own na to buy the one in town.... Power the phone and then learn to use use it.... Dazzol!

1 Like

Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by jaxxy(m): 3:52pm On May 09, 2022
Lumia windows, nice UI bt poor bt obsolete apps and new os updates made it more clumsy and yet very little to do on it.

Biggest mistake was changing to android and then using a shabby looking UI totally unrelatable to lumia Windows ui.

No unique selling point anymore.
Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by MortySmith: 4:42pm On May 09, 2022
I used a lumia device around 2017, it was everything I needed especially the UI. It has a great memory for a device at that time with a fast 3.5G. The downside is it's a sloppy device because once it slips from your grip it's certain you have to change the sensor (very annoying), a single crack render the sensor useless.
I changed mine almost four times before I got tired and dumped it in my stash. I still have the damaged device with me with tons of pictures and many files which I made for almost 3 years. Lumia bleeped up for not following the trend just like their older sibling Oga Blackberry.

4 Likes

Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 6:39pm On May 09, 2022
Lol .. I miss my 520.

Now my button phone has got me.
Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by haconjy(m): 6:56pm On May 09, 2022
Rareoil:
The Lumia series was so good, they failed because Microsoft kept pushing their useless empty app store which had less apps, and since Lumia wasn't popular,app developers didn't want to go through the stress off porting their app in a store with very few users.

Gbam!!! I miss Nokia
Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by sajmark(m): 7:11pm On May 09, 2022
Gone but not forgotten... Sweet memories.
I didn't use the Lumia cuz I knew Nokia will blow it the same way they blew Symbian.
Nokia is failing to break through in the android market too, might soon join the likes of LG, HTC, Sony Xperia/ Erickson etc

Shout out to Nokia c5

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by shaggy007(m): 7:44pm On May 09, 2022
Rareoil:

Well said

Short and simple
Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by Nobody: 1:52am On May 10, 2022
Microsoft fvcked up big time!
Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by eventainment(m): 2:33am On May 10, 2022
Microsoft should have made a hybrid since android is open source.

1 Like

Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by eventainment(m): 2:37am On May 10, 2022
Nokia will have to try a better strategy to break through the market
Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by phemmyfour: 4:53am On May 10, 2022
Multybox:
I kind of miss how pretty Nokia Lumia Windows phones looked
I never liked it , to install app na waec

4 Likes

Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by hayoholla(m): 6:02am On May 10, 2022
Lumia was so cool back then, but was still kind of isolated, due to growing acceptance of android back then. It look kind off weird to me. The overall GUI.

2 Likes

Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by skywalker240(m): 6:48am On May 10, 2022
sajmark:
Gone but not forgotten... Sweet memories.
I didn't use the Lumia cuz I knew Nokia will blow it the same way they blew Symbian.
Nokia is failing to break through in the android market too, might soon join the likes of LG, HTC, Sony Xperia/ Erickson etc

Shout out to Nokia c5
I wouldnt blame Nokia for the downfall of Lumia, Microsoft and her sturborness.
Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by skywalker240(m): 6:54am On May 10, 2022
I used the lumia back then, i never enjoyed any bit of it, very boring and hard to run tasks on it, what a heavy dissapointment to log in their scanty app store and you couldnt find a app you so much desire. and when i manage to find one that i need, after downloading it, to install it becomes another hard work undecided

didnt wasted much time before i ditched the phone, and i never regretted a bit of that decision.

3 Likes

Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by Lexusgs430: 11:13am On May 10, 2022
eventainment:
Microsoft should have made a hybrid since android is open source.

Ever heard of Microsoft duo ......... wink
Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by ExAngel007(f): 5:21pm On May 10, 2022
Can't Nokia make new Lumia phones that runs on Android?
Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by eventainment(m): 9:19pm On May 10, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Ever heard of Microsoft duo ......... wink
They still made it look like Windows... Instead of Android look. Or something more easy to use
Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by Nobody: 11:06am On May 11, 2022
Most useless shit phone evEr

To this day I can't still figure out where the menu actually ia

1 Like

Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by HarshaniS(f): 11:23am On May 11, 2022
I was also a nokia Lumia user, but as time passes I didn't find any up-gradation in mobile that's why I need to replace it with another one.
Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by Elxandre(m): 12:53pm On May 22, 2022
Rareoil:

Nope.
Devs conspired to kill it.
Imagine Google refusing to bring over YouTube or Gmail or map apps. Just pure Wickedness.

Meanwhile Microsoft had all its apps on androids playstore.

1 Like

Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by Rareoil(m): 1:15pm On May 22, 2022
Elxandre:

Nope.
Devs conspired to kill it.
Imagine Google refusing to bring over YouTube or Gmail or map apps. Just pure Wickedness.

Meanwhile Microsoft had all its apps on androids playstore.

Oga you can't blame Devs do you know how costly it is to make an app for Android and Apple only, then adding windows on top, Nokia Lumia didn't use Google Android open source project, so to make an app appear on all 3 stores you will have to learn swift for apple, java for Android and c# for Microsoft store.

No app developer will sacrifice time and resources for a platform that isn't even popular in the first place.

1 Like

Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by Elxandre(m): 1:18pm On May 22, 2022
Rareoil:

Oga you can't blame Devs do you know how costly it is to make an app for Android and Apple only, then adding windows on top, Nokia Lumia didn't use Google Android open source project, so to make an app appear on all 3 stores you will have to learn swift for apple, java for Android and c# for Microsoft store.

No app developer will sacrifice time and resources for a platform that isn't even popular in the first place.
Including Google? They didn't have the resources?

I remember a lot the efforts Microsoft made. They even made porting of Android apps easier for developers with certain tools but they just never liked Microsoft. It's that simple.
Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by Rareoil(m): 3:44pm On May 22, 2022
Elxandre:

Including Google? They didn't have the resources?

I remember a lot the efforts Microsoft made. They even made porting of Android apps easier for developers with certain tools but they just never liked Microsoft. It's that simple.

Lol why would Google leave their own platform and start Cary their apps to windows store.

Even apple facetime is not on playstore.

Third party developers like candy crush and WhatsApp (before they were acquired) didn't find it necessary investing in a platform with less users.
Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by OneGeek(m): 7:25pm On May 22, 2022
Rareoil:

Lol why would Google leave their own platform and start Cary their apps to windows store.

Third party developers like candy crush and WhatsApp (before they were acquired) didn't find it necessary investing in a platform with less users.
On point.
Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by Elxandre(m): 11:01pm On May 22, 2022
Rareoil:

I don't know if you followed developments back then.
Windows had a lot of users and definitely had enough viability for Google to invest resources into it. It was just pure rivalry!
You can't really believe yourself a multi billion dollar company can't create a few apps.
Microsoft has apps for Googles Android, so why couldnt Google do same?

Windows was simply a threat that needed to be killed off and they won.

Google has no single app for windows PCs.
Windows computers don't have enough users too?
Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by Rareoil(m): 6:39am On May 23, 2022
Elxandre:

I don't know if you followed developments back then.
Windows had a lot of users and definitely had enough viability for Google to invest resources into it. It was just pure rivalry!
You can't really believe yourself a multi billion dollar company can't create a few apps.
Microsoft has apps for Googles Android, so why couldnt Google do same?

Windows was simply a threat that needed to be killed off and they won.

Google has no single app for windows PCs.
Windows computers don't have enough users too?

You are confusing window as an os with windows seen on Nokia Lumia they are both different.

Also remember that iOS and Android started almost at the same time they had a 1 year gap between them, unlike Microsoft which entered the business in 2013 so already Microsoft was late to the party, instead of joining android like Samsung and lg did they tried to form their won platform same thing happened to blackberry.

In 2015 my mom bought a Nokia Lumia phone, that phone was very good on a hardware basis because Nokia engineers knew what they were doing, it is when the phone is now on, that you see how Microsoft tried to do things people never wanted, instead of seeing apps like Instagram they showed Xbox app and bing, like who they f uses bing

Also saying 'Windows was simply a threat that needed to be killed off and they won' is true for any business, everybody wants to kill their competition.

Microsoft has android apps because they have no choice, android runs on 3 billion devices, same way apple safari allows Google search engine in their browser.

1 Like

Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by bmdmix15: 9:04am On May 23, 2022
Ewww i hated every bout it
Re: I Kind Of Miss How Pretty Nokia Lumia Windows Phones Looked by Fashdeejay(m): 3:55pm On May 26, 2022
Lol I still have a functional lumia 1520 but the screen touch needs to be replaced.... Had it for about 9 years now and it is still a beauty to behold

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blackberry 8830 Configuration / Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? / Has Anyone Used The Xtouch X4 Plus Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.