Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,912 members, 7,799,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan (25107 Views)

Senator Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws / Confusion As APC Clears AG Malami For Election, Despite Withdrawing From Race / Presidency Backs Lawan As APC Senators Protest Over Juicy Panels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by Kwanza: 7:49pm On May 09, 2022
2023 Presidency : Zoning And Support For Ahmad Lawan

I congratulate my friend, former roommate and boss , Senator Ahmad Lawan as he picks form to run for President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria under our great party , All Progressives Congress (APC) . I am most glad because he is from the North East , the only zone alongside South East that is yet to produce President of Nigeria.

I have always maintained an unambiguous stand that for justice , equity and fairness in our country, the next president of Nigeria after President Muhammadu Buhari should come from the South East or the North East .

I have also told Nigerians that I would only run for president if the two major political parties (APC and PDP) zone their tickets to the South East . That is why I was disappointed with our southern brothers who are talking about fairness and equity but has zero tolerance for the same fairness and equity in the South .

In the absence of a South Easterner being president of Nigeria in 2023 , I have my full support for a North Easterner . This is because it would be the closest to the equity , fairness and Justice everyone is talking about . It further means that the justice is on its way to the South East .

I thank those who said they have picked presidential form for me because they meant well for Nigerians .

However, since there is no zoning and the contest is open to all Nigerians , I officially withdraw from presidential contest in 2023. I have also picked ticket to run for Abia North Senatorial zone and to complete the good work I started in Abia North .

I urge all my friends , allies and supporters in the APC to toe the line of justice by supporting Senator Ahmad Lawan , a North Easterner for the presidential ticket of the APC

Signed

Senator Orji Uzor Kalu
Chief Whip of the 9th Senate
Federal Republic of Nigeria
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=530325141800939&id=100044703721568

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by ekesol: 7:50pm On May 09, 2022
Fulani stooge. Rubbish man.

172 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by PrinceOfLagos: 7:50pm On May 09, 2022
The same Ahmed lawal that scammed Tinubu

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by PrinceOfLagos: 7:50pm On May 09, 2022
ekesol:
Fulani stooge. Rubbish man.
Because he didn't support Ashiere Tinubu abi?

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by Pierocash(m): 7:52pm On May 09, 2022
100m dey fear this one.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by Nbotee(m): 7:52pm On May 09, 2022
He wasn't running in the first place. He jus appeared on the tracks to make it seem like he was an athlete. The whole removal of Saraki wasn't jus to give the govt a smooth ride, it was also to clip Saraki's wings becks he would have garnered enough power for a Presidential bid

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by Indispensable85(m): 7:52pm On May 09, 2022
[quote author=Kwanza post=112676380][/quote]

So Dave Umahi is no longer from South East? Mumu man!

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by successmatters(m): 7:52pm On May 09, 2022
Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by StrongandMighty: 7:53pm On May 09, 2022
That's cool!
Anything aside Tinubu is game...

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by Joezinho: 7:54pm On May 09, 2022
Which step down? Like he stood a chance.Mtcheeeeew! .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by DeleTaller: 7:54pm On May 09, 2022
[quote author=Kwanza post=112676380][/quote]

Reason the igbo can't be president... they were never been serious about anything...
Same way Obi would withdraw and support Atifku

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by Duru009(m): 7:56pm On May 09, 2022
This one nah Judas......

He knows he won't win, he is targeting Senate Presidency......

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by osinbanjoisaliar: 7:58pm On May 09, 2022
See this 419 man. After him don chop Tinubu bullion van dollars finish, clean mouth, him con go pull this stunt. Some people wicked sha. But if you ask LegendHero, him go say na all part of Tinubu plan. Aswear, after June1, we go see mass termination of monikers. Nairaland go lose about 2000monikers after that day. Nairaland go finally get sense

344 Likes 54 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by Richardonald(m): 8:00pm On May 09, 2022
Kalu knows that no south eastern candidate can win Apc primaries.. he had no option than to support someone that will gave him position when he wins.. lawan may likely pick someone from the south East or south south if he wins Apc primaries as running mate

20 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by Vertraulichkeit: 8:01pm On May 09, 2022
Und wir haben den Kampf verloren, aber das Leben geht weiter.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by Truthisunique2: 8:02pm On May 09, 2022
Lawan has been boosted

He is really serious about this thing o

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by derecho(m): 8:02pm On May 09, 2022
The only thing I can glean from the post is, There'd be no zoning

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by HeightsKE: 8:05pm On May 09, 2022
Big idiot..what is north east?
The fukkn north is one!!!
They are all arewa..
With fellows like uzor Kali and tinubu,the south is doomed

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by bestman09(m): 8:08pm On May 09, 2022
sad
He just cashed out!

If you know, you know

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by 437fuse(m): 8:08pm On May 09, 2022
Leave us Dem camp!!! We are no Lakers out here. Let the kids shine and dwell in tech!

Hey, fellow Hustlers. We've got Fresh hackingtools, VPN, datingsite,911,legit UK or US number and numerous sim for website,appand account authentication. See number in my signature ✌️
Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by Corporate2020: 8:09pm On May 09, 2022
Coward.

Igbos are not cowards. This useless Orji Uzor Kalu is a bastard. I have never meet a single coward Igbo. Orji Uzor Kalu is a useless bastard.

The Presidency will never be zoned to any village. It will never happen. Obasanjo contested against Alex Ekwueme, Emeka Ojukwu and some other clowns and defeated them all. The Presidency was not zoned to Obasanjo's village.

2023 is the turn of the Igbos, but Igbos must bring out their best brains and mobilize for them and prepare their candidate to face candidates from other region. Power is fought for and won, power is never given as a gift.

Presidency will never go to the North in 2023. The worst of us will never continue ruling the best.

Orji Uzor Kalu should go and ask his mother whom his biological father is. This idiot is not an Igbo because there is no single Igbos coward on earth.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by VladimirPutiin(m): 8:09pm On May 09, 2022
I can’t believe Kalu just said this.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by Terrence99: 8:09pm On May 09, 2022
The highest position Igbos are fighting and aspiring for in 2023 is what Tinubu singlehandedly nominated someone for in 2014.

Chai.

Igbos need Tinubu desperately.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by Terrence99: 8:09pm On May 09, 2022
Vertraulichkeit:
Way to go Okeosisi Igbere; we are the real master strategists. And yes, we bought the form for the SP.

After buying form, you will be there to carry banners in Eagles Square. After all, that is the only thing you people are good for.

Political houseboyism.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by iwaeda: 8:10pm On May 09, 2022

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by toujurs: 8:10pm On May 09, 2022
They have started, greedy thieves seeking slots.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by Terrence99: 8:10pm On May 09, 2022
One thing Igbo politicians are talented in is political servitude.
Good luck to Lawan, more slaves to your campaign.

21 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Orji Uzor Kalu Withdraws From Race, Backs Lawan by Cajal(m): 8:11pm On May 09, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Because he didn't support Ashiere Tinubu abi?
No because he did not support OBI PANDORA OR DAVE UMAHI OR BACK SOUTH EAST

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N115b Loot: Ex-air Chiefs, Politicians Top Refund List / President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) / PDP Vs APC: Zone That Must Produce Our Presidential Candidate – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.