Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. (73409 Views)

My Rent Was Increased Because I Bought A Car. / Woman Bought A Gate To Shut Her Baby Out Of The Kitchen, The Baby Did This / Husband Damages Wife's Phone With Cutlass For Not Telling Him Her Password.Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by tonididdy(m): 9:11pm On May 10, 2022
MISSCONGENIALITY:
This further confirms that two heads are not always better than one. While you are bothered about whats good for the whole family, she more concerned about what she needs.
She was to raise such Money but the first thing that came to her mind was a phone. Not just a phone but an expensive one for that matter. She didn't even bother to at least share the money into 2 and uses one part for the phone and the rest for the family.
Too bad some people are so selfish.

Na woman wey see poor man finish angry
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Rushna27(f): 9:13pm On May 10, 2022
Never heard of such before though.... God ease the pains of the land to avoid unnecessary stuff IJN... Amen

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by tonididdy(m): 9:13pm On May 10, 2022
NoToPile:
Wait first what exactly is the OP upset about, that she sold her eggs or she sold it without her husband's consent or she sold it and bought a phone with it.

Maybe he would have felt better if she used it to pay house rent. It seems the only reason he's upset is because she didn't use it to solve pressing needs not necessarily because she sold it or she didnt inform him.
Will that new phone pay the rent that is due or the daughters SF?
Truth is she is a selfish woman.
Selling your eggs indirectly means you have a child outside marriage ( correct me if I'm wrong, unless the eggs is about to be fried and put in-between two loaves undecided) ?
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by wisz1(m): 9:14pm On May 10, 2022
Wow,
That means if the phone was stolen or got spoilt, she is safe to sale another egg? grin
Acidosis:
Every time a woman ovulates, she releases at least 1 egg. So, biologically, selling of eggs has no negative impact on a woman. It's only eggs she sold, not her ovaries. Her ovaries' got more than enough to meet her reproductive needs. It's even better to sell it than waste it (as menstruation).

The bigger issues are that she failed to inform you about the procedure and whatever it was you guys were going through didn't matter to her. It was all about her. These are the main threats to your marriage.

You haven't seen anything yet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by NoToPile: 9:15pm On May 10, 2022
tonididdy:

Will that new phone pay the rent that is due or the daughters SF?
Truth is she is a selfish woman.
Selling your eggs indirectly means you have a child outside marriage ( correct me if I'm wrong, unless the eggs is about to be fried and put in-between two loaves undecided) ?

I just felt he should be more upset she sold the eggs without informing him, the vibes I am getting here is he wouldn't have minded if she had sold the eggs without informing him but had Paid house rent or school fees with it.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by bareal(m): 9:15pm On May 10, 2022
Acidosis:

Eggxactly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Miner13: 9:16pm On May 10, 2022
oke2018:
Na wa o , truth be told , they're actually selling eggs o .
very strange to me.can you trade such?
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Seredebe: 9:19pm On May 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Seems the sales is expensive over at your location....

Over here the sales of egg range from 100k -150k.

Anyways you should be proud that your wife could sale her eggs, not all women can do that nowadays because of STDs grin...

And there's no risk involve for you guys to have children so just chill Op.

She needed a phone, it might even be for business. I can imagine how many years or months she has been without phone to take such action angry angry... God will provide.
educate me abeg. Wetin they carry the egg do?
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by tonididdy(m): 9:19pm On May 10, 2022
NoToPile:

I just felt he should be more upset she sold the eggs without informing him, the vibes I am getting here is he wouldn't have minded if she had sold the eggs without informing him but had Paid house rent or school fees with it.

Now that you drew my attention to it, I think he's angry at her buying a phone from the proceeds.
grin
Nigeria is hard!
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by WantsandMore: 9:22pm On May 10, 2022
dominique:
Absolutely nothing wrong with selling of her eggs but using it to buy a new phone knowing the financial situation is extremely selfish of her. The reason she didn't tell you she wanted to sell her eggs was because she wanted to use the money for herself. If she had told you that she wanted to sell the eggs to take care of bills, it's you that will be driving her to the fertility clinic every month o
Lol. What's wrong with you? No be everything wey come your mind you suppose type.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Kobojunkie: 9:23pm On May 10, 2022
soluwunmi:
Sometimes, it might be a good thing to hope for the best rather than think negativity of such situations. What if she she could do more with that phone for your family, if she is intelligent enough to sell her eggs...I believe she might have more sense than you think.
You know your wife, try give her a chance while you make the best of your own situation too.
Deal with things you can handle and don't waste your time with the ones you can't handle.
No need to insult the woman's intelligence now abeg. Na OP marry the woman with her level of intelligence and all. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Seredebe: 9:25pm On May 10, 2022
bukatyne:
Your wife went through the procedure of egg retrieval to buy a phone?

You also did not notice all through the process?

Eyin married and living single geng.

Ogbeni, sha prepare your shoulders to carry your cross.

The Lord is your strength.
please, what's the egg used for?
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Kobojunkie: 9:26pm On May 10, 2022
Skidee:
Taking this issue from another perspective...
She got the job (the egg selling) online through her active participation on a particular group right. So, what if she seriously needs a good phone to source more job opportunities online to get more money.
You have lost it completely....
ROFLMAO
grin grin grin cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by constyo: 9:27pm On May 10, 2022
Larryfest:
Good morning all, I have been having sleepless night for a while now and a few days ago confirmed my insomnia would last longer than I thought.

We were comfortable and have been married for 5years now with a daughter but things have been rough for a while due to my business folding up and we have had to manage with the little we see from time to time. Earlier this year I had to sell some of the things in our house including my phone just so we could buy foodstuffs and pay our daughter's school fees, just some weeks ago I even had to shamefully reach out to a popular Nairalander if he has a phone he could spare because the one I'm currently using is a Desktop kind of phone (doesn't work without directly plugging it).

Last month my wife came home with a brand new Samsung phone and when I asked how she got it her response was that she won it from her womanhood help group on Facebook (she is very active there).
Last Sunday while arranging the room I came across a fertility clinic document and the receipt of the phone which the amount written there staggered me a bit because it's way more than our house rent that expired recently which has been the cause of my sleepless nights. When she got back from church I confronted her with my two findings and after plenty talks and argument she confessed a friend from work told her about it and she sold her Eggs at the clinic and it was from it she bought the phone.

My people since Sunday I have been seriously weak and confused, a lot on my mind already but now I have to add this to it Marriage is for the faint hearted abeg!!!

ADDENDUM.....

1. Someone asked how much .... well she said she was paid #150k but the nurse who brought her in collected 15k.

2. Someone also made some points about sex, complications and others and even said it's a made up story to tarnish women or whatever well I don't think they pay for story on Nairaland and even if they do it isn't going to cover what's on my mind right now so you believe whatever you want, it's quite funny to think everyone would exhibit same complications as the third party you heard your gist from...

3. She told me it only took her 3weeks of preparation and she wasn't even going to the more than 3times a week and as for medications and the rest, you think someone who doesn't want you to know what he/she is up to would leave clues flying around the house

4. As for the sex part and her risking getting pregnant, she has been on birth control pills for like 4years now so pregnancy wasn't going to stop her from the procedures....
Nawaa o
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Dorwadora(f): 9:27pm On May 10, 2022
Seredebe:

educate me abeg. Wetin they carry the egg do?
The eggs are harvested and used for women who have passed the fertility age. That means they entered their menopause age.

The egg is then put into them and fertilized by their husband's sperm or through a donation from a sperm bank with the help of IVF.

So whenever you read on FP that a 70 years old barren had a twin and is at church for Thanksgiving, just think of what I typed up there.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 10, 2022
Miner13:
very strange to me.can you trade such?
Fear of the unknown won't let me .

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by ikpumbe(m): 9:29pm On May 10, 2022
aribisala0:
There is nothing beautiful about marriage it is not art work. It is a job or duty, it is hard work. Beauty is the absolute wrong word to use for marriage.
It a social institution that serves social functions, Most marriages are not experienced as beauty but VERY HARD EMOTIONAL LABOUR and a challenge for sanity

You need counseling.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Seredebe: 9:29pm On May 10, 2022
dominique:

Eggs actually do finishe, every female is born with a certain amount eggs in her ovaries which degrade over time. By the time she reaches puberty, she will have about 350-400 eggs left in her ovaries one of which will be released monthly at every reproductive cycle. By the time all the eggs are exhausted (through menstruation and childbirth), menopause sets in.

If a woman goes to sell her eggs, she's risking early menopause because only one egg will not be harvested. The fertility clinic will want to harvest at least 5 eggs to boost the chances of conception. That will shorten her reproductive lifespan by at least 5 months. Imagine doing that 5 times or more, don't be surprised to see women hitting menopause in their 30s in the years to come.
hmmm. You just opened my eyes. Have never heard this before

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by LocalStandard1(m): 9:29pm On May 10, 2022
bukatyne:
Your wife went through the procedure of egg retrieval to buy a phone?

You also did not notice all through the process?

Eyin married and living single geng.

Ogbeni, sha prepare your shoulders to carry your cross.

The Lord is your strength.

Wow, you are the first woman am reading here to see something wrong with what the wife did, I really respect you ma. You are the most consistent and wisest woman here and the only one that gives me some hope in what we call the average modern Nigerian woman.

If at all I decide in the future to marry ma pls pray I find your kind of person, compassionate and empathic to the men folk. She should be a virgin too. May God bless you for your virtue. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by donbenie(m): 9:30pm On May 10, 2022
BIXYBABE:
so men want ladies to contribute to the family? But they can't sweet, wash, clean, dress 4 d children.
You can't ask for equity if you are not ready to contribute to the family upkeep when you can..
You want a man to sweep,wash,clean and dress and yet you still want him to pay all the bills?
And tomorrow you want to throw feminism in his face?
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by comodo: 9:31pm On May 10, 2022
Larryfest:
Good morning all, I have been having sleepless night for a while now and a few days ago confirmed my insomnia would last longer than I thought.

We were comfortable and have been married for 5years now with a daughter but things have been rough for a while due to my business folding up and we have had to manage with the little we see from time to time. Earlier this year I had to sell some of the things in our house including my phone just so we could buy foodstuffs and pay our daughter's school fees, just some weeks ago I even had to shamefully reach out to a popular Nairalander if he has a phone he could spare because the one I'm currently using is a Desktop kind of phone (doesn't work without directly plugging it).

Last month my wife came home with a brand new Samsung phone and when I asked how she got it her response was that she won it from her womanhood help group on Facebook (she is very active there).
Last Sunday while arranging the room I came across a fertility clinic document and the receipt of the phone which the amount written there staggered me a bit because it's way more than our house rent that expired recently which has been the cause of my sleepless nights. When she got back from church I confronted her with my two findings and after plenty talks and argument she confessed a friend from work told her about it and she sold her Eggs at the clinic and it was from it she bought the phone.

My people since Sunday I have been seriously weak and confused, a lot on my mind already but now I have to add this to it Marriage is for the faint hearted abeg!!!

ADDENDUM.....

1. Someone asked how much .... well she said she was paid #150k but the nurse who brought her in collected 15k.

2. Someone also made some points about sex, complications and others and even said it's a made up story to tarnish women or whatever well I don't think they pay for story on Nairaland and even if they do it isn't going to cover what's on my mind right now so you believe whatever you want, it's quite funny to think everyone would exhibit same complications as the third party you heard your gist from...

3. She told me it only took her 3weeks of preparation and she wasn't even going to the more than 3times a week and as for medications and the rest, you think someone who doesn't want you to know what he/she is up to would leave clues flying around the house

4. As for the sex part and her risking getting pregnant, she has been on birth control pills for like 4years now so pregnancy wasn't going to stop her from the procedures....
This one na money ritual. All broke female nairalanders go dey reason d mata now. Instead of hoe-ing.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 10, 2022
Framed:

Failed simp that is a new one. it suits the pussy azz niggar who had an emotional break down over female eggs and ovaries grin The failed simp started the attacks from his first post and when he was failing the argument he got worse and went mad like an asylum patient grin.
I mistaken thought you were a man, not knowing you are just part of the band wagon of bitter women. If we all keep quiet, cancel culture will become a norm. You failed to realize how they were the very first to throw tantrums and insults because they lost an argument they could not factually back up. How did I start the tantrums? By saying her write up was a lie and rightly so? If she had proofs would she not have tendered it? Instead she called me ignorant and daft, that is trying to cancel me after using lies to discredit the Op. They clearly tried to guilt trip, name call, mob and shame me but it all fell apart, why? Their arguments were on gender support instead of facts. I simply returned the favors and let me shock you, nothing moves me.
I am not on NL to win arguments, but let’s say I lost as you claimed, on what basis? That they called Op a liar by saying a process that takes weeks takes several months just to silence him? When I called it out, were they able to disprove it, rather they went on an emotional rant of all a woman goes through biologically. So up till now, you clearly haven’t seen it was all a bring him down ploy which has failed because the discourse is no longer on their failed path of discredit but on morality of the issue, lol!

The whole truth of the matter has been itemized by @Acidosis, which is while it was not a bad procedure, she the wife is vain in nature and failed to inform her hubby, this is wrong in all facet of it, and instead of looking at the discourse from that angle, you and your geng engaged divisive, primitive, underhand tactics .

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Seredebe: 9:31pm On May 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
The eggs are harvested and used for women who have passed the fertility age. That means they entered their menopause age.

The egg is then put into them and fertilized by their husband's sperm or through a donation from a sperm bank with the help of IVF.

So whenever you read on FP that a 70 years old barren had a twin and is at church for Thanksgiving, just think of what I typed up there.

hmmm. Thank you for the information
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by asto70: 9:32pm On May 10, 2022
This is pure madness ,a married woman will do such without informing the husband ? She must be a very secretive person please be careful with her because she is too desperate and selfish.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Miner13: 9:33pm On May 10, 2022
oke2018:
Fear of the unknown won't let me .
good. that's discipline
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by tsmith(f): 9:36pm On May 10, 2022
post=112684849:

This makes good sense.
But no wife should ever do that without the knowledge of her hubby.... which you also affirm.

I don't agree. No human should need another human'a permission on matters that would only influences self.

So it's established and clear that the sale of eggs is basically good use of what would have been waste.

Yes it would have been nice, honest and true to have hinted the partner, but it's not compulsory. I therefore disagree with your statement - no wife should ever do that without the knowledge of her hubby.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Angy55(f): 9:40pm On May 10, 2022
dominique:

Eggs actually do finishe, every female is born with a certain amount eggs in her ovaries which degrade over time. By the time she reaches puberty, she will have about 350-400 eggs left in her ovaries one of which will be released monthly at every reproductive cycle. By the time all the eggs are exhausted (through menstruation and childbirth), menopause sets in.

If a woman goes to sell her eggs, she's risking early menopause because only one egg will not be harvested. The fertility clinic will want to harvest at least 5 eggs to boost the chances of conception. That will shorten her reproductive lifespan by at least 5 months. Imagine doing that 5 times or more, don't be surprised to see women hitting menopause in their 30s in the years to come.

I am learning on this Nairaland
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Iamntasaint: 9:42pm On May 10, 2022
Lazy man go n Hustle. You want her give u money she made from selling her own eggs to support you, that will marry another wife when things turn rosy in future. Oga go work hard u too lazy
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Princewell2012(m): 9:43pm On May 10, 2022
Acidosis:

At 40, many of them will no longer be able to produce quality eggs (eggs that are good enough for in vitro fertilisation).

Are you sure a lots of these lazy women will not take these as business ? The world is coming to an end.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 10, 2022
Miner13:
good. that's discipline
Thanks.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by MadamExcellency: 9:44pm On May 10, 2022
Find a Facebook group like hers to help you sell your sperm and solve your family problem.
Re: My Wife Sold Her "Eggs " And Bought A Phone With It. by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 9:45pm On May 10, 2022
JovialJune:
All this cock and bull stories trying to touch the heart, if not that someone is knowledgeable on things like this, I could have swallowed this story.

First off egg donation takes months of preparation for extraction,

1) She will have to go through series of tests to qualify,

2)She will take a medication that will stop menstrual cycle for months,

3) She will take series of fertility drugs that stimulates the ovaries to produce several eggs at once,

4) She will have to administer these medications and injections herself either under her skin or into the muscle as she can't take it all in the hospital, so how come you didn't see the medications and injections?

5) She will have to stop sexual intercourse with you for months so she won't get pregnant in the process, and you say you didn't know, una no dey fvck each other?

6) How come immediately she was done, she was able to walk out of the hospital and straight to the market to get a phone?

7) She will have to recover mister man even if it's for a day, and since it is her first time, it will take her days in the hospital bed to recover, and there are side effects to the process, and hers will be more severe since it is her first time, so there is no how you won't be aware of it

You people should stop bringing up fictions that touches the heart just to paint women bad and whatnot, una no dey tire?

Modified; Op actually added an ADDENDUM after reading comments calling out his falsehood, he had to quickly think of sugar and spices to add to his never ending fiction cheesy

Nairaland and it's breed of nomenclatures grin

With this type of knowledge and grammar that is coming out from u i have decided to get married to u grin

This grammar too sweet grin

Abeg how much be your bride price cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Lady Allows Her Hubby To Marry 2nd Wife, Even Feeds Her On The Wedding Day(pics / Traditional Wedding List Given To Me To Marry A Calabar Bride. Please Advise / My Wife Turns Down Sex Because Of Lockdown - Man Says (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.