Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October (3311 Views)

Photos From President of AGN, Ibinabo Fibresima’s White Wedding / Segun Arinze & Wife At Miss Earth Nigeria (photos) / Did Nollywood Actress Ini Edo Display BABY BUMP At Ibinabo Fibresima’s Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by rockers: 5:02pm On Jul 12, 2011
Ex-Nollywood actress, Ibinabo fibresima is ready to hold her beauty peagent ,Miss Earth in October .
The event which will be aired live on AIT will hold on 8th October ,2011 at the Harbour point ,school of oceanography road, Victoria island.
Auditions will hold in Lagos, portharcourt and Abuja .This year's event will mark 10 years of the peagent's existence .

http://www./2011/07/ibinabo-fibresimas-miss-earth-holds-in.html

Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by tundewoods(m): 2:09am On Jul 13, 2011
I wonder what this ex-con has to offer that it being taken seriously to make the front page on Nairaland .
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by lepasharon(f): 3:11am On Jul 13, 2011
aint she too old? lipsrsealed
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by MMM2(m): 3:25am On Jul 13, 2011
She is ugly. angry
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by clip: 4:06am On Jul 13, 2011
Do we need to discriminate against ex-convicts? More-so,when the person involve shown sense of regret and attitude. Contributing to the success of the country.I think she should be celebrated for her ability to come back to life
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by Nymphnode(m): 4:42am On Jul 13, 2011
Which one be Miss Earth again, another nollywood title? Will the contestant be covered in mud or na leaves dem go take cover that thing? They should not wear makeup too and the hairdo should be suku or patewo. Now Mr Ibu will be warming up to announce the commencement of Mr Fruit Basket.
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by marvel10: 6:30am On Jul 13, 2011
@ Clip, that is the point! Sadly the bitch killed a professional (I believe a doctor) who contributed to society more than the drink driving harlot ever did. Your reference to 'back to life' doesn't apply, Idiot!
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by damola1: 7:02am On Jul 13, 2011
marvel10:

@ Clip, that is the point! Sadly the NaughtyWoman killed a professional (I believe a doctor) who contributed to society more than the drink driving harlot ever did. Your reference to 'back to life' doesn't apply, !

And you think the doctor as more impact on lives than she does?, Yes yes, you,, throw the stone, since you are as clean as snow,

Do you think anyone especially a nollywood celebrity will like to kill anyone?
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 13, 2011
Miss Fibresima should be encouraged to defeat obstacles and make honest living for herself. She made a mistake, a terrible and grievous mistake for which she has been punished by the law. Dr. Suraju will not come back to life. I feel touched that she has displayed a sobered and remorseful attitude so far. Ms Fibresima has become a victim as well. We should encourage the family of the doctor to forgive her, no matter how painful, and hope that she has learnt her lessons.
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by mbulela: 8:06am On Jul 13, 2011
ex cons have a right to life but i have a problem with the way Ibinabo is going about hers.
i am always seeing her on red carpets and all sorts of showbiz programs.
she should find activities that will keep her away from the limelight not rubbing it in the face of the man's family by strutting up and down red carpets and posing for pics in the media.
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by Mobinga: 8:11am On Jul 13, 2011
Murderer.
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by sayso: 8:15am On Jul 13, 2011
mbulela:

ex cons have a right to life but i have a problem with the way Ibinabo is going about hers.
she should find activities that will keep her away from the limelight not rubbing it in the face of the man's family by strutting up and down red carpets and posing for pics in the media.
don't worry,death is turn by turn.Her's will come but for you,are you prepared for it?Find Jesus now.
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by chimaike: 8:18am On Jul 13, 2011
mbulela:

I support your view
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by blank(f): 8:32am On Jul 13, 2011
Has she finished serving her time? Thought she was fighting a court verdict for her to be remanded to jail? She should have been sentenced to death by firing squad.
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by ochibs1010(m): 8:54am On Jul 13, 2011
tundewoods:

I wonder what this ex-con has to offer that it being taken seriously to make the front page on Nairaland     .

imagine the highest level of ignorance on NL, so ex-con cannot contribute to society again shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

lepasharon:

what has age got to do with this
what will you say of the 89 yrs old man at the playboy mansion or the Bruce guy that does MBGN??

M M M:

She is ugly. angry

show your picture abeg, if you are prettier than her grin grin grin

marvel10:

@ Clip, that is the point! Sadly the NaughtyWoman killed a professional (I believe a doctor) who contributed to society more than the drink driving harlot ever did. Your reference to 'back to life' doesn't apply,  !

it was a mistake and everybody does make a mistake which she has been punished by the law
but she still stood up and want to contribute to the general society, haba!!!

mbulela:

so because she made a mistake and got punished by the law, she should live the rest of her days wallowing in her past

Mobinga:

Murderer.
shocked shocked

sorry pls understand the legal definition of a murderer before you use your ignorance to mislead right thinking Nigerians on NL, its wasn't premeditated or intentional, it was an accident, i accept it is wrong and she accepted the court verdict as homicide which she has been punished for,

interesting enough i took a liking for her when she was released she set up a team of lawyers who has helped a lot of inmates who are in court jail for crimes they did not commit/ those who were never even tried in a court of law but sent to prisons because they don't have anybody to stand for them, the question is if we found ourselves in Ibinabo's shoes what will you have done?
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by yemivictor: 9:00am On Jul 13, 2011
lepasharon:

She's gonna be the show host, not a contestant! And she does have a right to life!!!
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by yemivictor: 9:03am On Jul 13, 2011
blank:

Has she finished serving her time? Thought she was fighting a court verdict for her to be remanded to jail? She should have been sentenced to death by firing squad.

sledgehammering! grin
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by clemcykul(f): 9:58am On Jul 13, 2011
husband snatcher!! angry grin
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by emenim(m): 10:04am On Jul 13, 2011
Its like Nairaland does not have any better thing to feature in their front page ANY MORE
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by Mobinga: 10:10am On Jul 13, 2011
ochibs1010:

shocked shocked

sorry pls understand the legal definition of a murderer before you use your ignorance to mislead right thinking Nigerians on NL, its wasn't premeditated or intentional, it was an accident, i accept it is wrong and she accepted the court verdict as homicide which she has been punished for,

interesting enough i took a liking for her when she was released she set up a team of lawyers who has helped a lot of inmates who are in court jail for crimes they did not commit/ those who were never even tried in a court of law but sent to prisons because they don't have anybody to stand for them, the question is if we found ourselves in Ibinabo's shoes what will you have done?
Oh please shut up. Driving drunk and killing someone is lite and she should be let off the hook easily? She's a killer!
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by mbulela: 10:21am On Jul 13, 2011
sayso:

don't worry,death is turn by turn.Her's will come but for you,are you prepared for it?Find Jesus now.

I have found Him.I advice you to do likewise.
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by Koolking(m): 10:32am On Jul 13, 2011
Her mistake was grave and avoidable at the same time. i understand the feelings here, however, she should be forgiven, and as a NLer said, the family of the deceased doctor should be encouraged to forgive her. And I know if she is truly sorry for what happened, God has forgiven her, how much more us. As humans, we are not in anyway better than her.

In as much as i acknowledge her quest to impact on the society, me think, it's rather not the right time for her to come to limelight again so soon.

She should let the dust she raised douse first. She can giver her supports behind the scenes. Her public engagements might be misunderstood by some. Human nature sometimes can be so unpredictable.
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by rhythyson: 10:52am On Jul 13, 2011
Whatever happens or whatever remorse she tries to show, one fact remain which is , she murdered someone, brought a whole lot of untold hardship to a quiet family, killed a dream, denied Nigeria of Good Doctor, turn a fellow woman like her to a widow at a very youn age, and finally walks free in the street of lagos and have the audacity and the effontry to organise beauty peagent, what lesson was learnt then, If the family forgive her which the indeed do, it does and will NEVER change anything, ''NO MATTER THE TOGA YOU WEAR FOR A PIG, IT STILL REMAINS : A PIG'' sad sad sad , For me i lif her for baba in heaven
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by texazzpete(m): 11:07am On Jul 13, 2011
ochibs1010:

so because she made a mistake and got punished by the law, she should live the rest of her days wallowing in her past
shocked shocked

She went off her lane (because she was drunk) and killed an innocent man, a medical doctor who was a breadwinner to many. The doctor she killed had helped (and had the potential to help) many more lives than the brainless Nollywood flicks this woman was starring in.
What infuriated the victim's family more was the fact that this lady fled the accident scene, leaving their son to die on the road before she was later apprehended by the Police. She then used her influence to try to deny the victim's family justice (she had gotten away with a mere 100k fine) before the Lagos state government stepped in.

True, she has served her sentence and seemingly has become a better person for it. But it'd be best if she maintained a low profile for a while.
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by madoba: 11:49am On Jul 13, 2011
OUCH!!!! I am wincing from all the harsh, really harsh criticism of this woman or should I say judgement and not criticism?

We all have done things of which we are ashamed, and we live in the tension of what we have been and what we would like to become. I believe God can help each of us become better people.

I have messed up in my life and may still do so but I know I would desperately love to be forgiven when I do, and not be harshly criticized, unfairly judged and condemned by others as good for nothing.
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by texazzpete(m): 11:52am On Jul 13, 2011
madoba:

OUCH!!!! I am wincing from all the harsh, really harsh criticism of this woman or should I say judgement and not criticism?

We all have done things of which we are ashamed, and we live in the tension of what we have been and what we would like to become. I believe God can help each of us become better people.

I have messed up in my life and may still do so but I know I would desperately love to be forgiven when I do, and not be harshly criticized, unfairly judged and condemned by others as good for nothing.

I haven't killed anyone yet. Have you?
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2011
yak yak yak
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by mafolayomi(f): 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2011
angry husband snatcher
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by madoba: 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2011
texazzpete:

I haven't killed anyone yet. Have you?

grin grin grin LOL. U no well ooh. I am certain you understood the gist of my post but decided to be mischevious, Granted you & I haven't killed anyone yet but am not in a position to cast stones @ her. That could be me in her shoes tomorrow (I don't pray for it though).

Never say never, is a popular slogan that has proved to be true in my life. Therefore I won't be quick to say I will never drive under the influence, I will never kill another and so on
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2011
i'm not sure any nairalander will like to be judged and the criticized the way they are doing Ibinabo right now. For goodness sakes, she has served time for her actions and has shown remorse, what else do you want her to do, walk the streets of Lagos in sack cloth, throwing ashes on her head for the rest of her life? It would make the death of the good doctor a total waste. This pageant will present people with opportunities and employment, something that may not have happened if events had not played out like this.

There so many celebs around the world that are ex cons and yet do not giveback to society in any way. This one is trying in a little way and we are putting her down. Nigerians and their extreme sense of dissatisfaction.ay not have happened if events had not played out like this.

There so many celebs around the world that are ex cons and yet do not giveback to society in any way. This one is trying in a little way and we are putting her down. Nigerians and their extreme sense of dissatisfaction.
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by blank(f): 2:01pm On Jul 13, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

She should go back to jail where she belongs. That is what i want her to do not doing beauty pageants.

angry angry angry
Re: Ibinabo Fibresima's Miss Earth Holds In October by pynkspyce: 2:18pm On Jul 13, 2011
if she can make it better than MBGN, then more power to her.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Popular Nigerian Model Displays Her Breasts While Trying To Show Off He / Picture Of Nadia Buari Without Makeup! / Alero Falope Is Dino Melaye's New Lover's Name (more Photos Of Her)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.