Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job (37505 Views)

I Just Lost My Job !!! / How I Nearly Lost My Job (A Lesson For Perverts) / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Cutecharlz(m): 5:48pm On May 10, 2022
Greetings everyone. My company just shut down due to economic polices, no incoming business nor fund to sustain the staff. So as it is now, I am back to the street.
I made a savings of 500k from my meagre salary of 65k monthly. I am married with a kid.
What business can I venture into that can sustain I and my family before house-hold expense will reduce the money to nothing.

Please I need a good and legit advice from everyone.

Thanks.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Tohsynetita1: 7:43pm On May 10, 2022
Cutecharlz:
Greetings everyone. My company just shut down due to economic polices, no incoming business nor fund to sustain the staff. So as it is now, I am back to the street.
I made a savings of 500k from my meagre salary of 65k monthly. I am married with a kid.
What business can I venture into that can sustain I and my family before house-hold expense will reduce the money to nothing.

Please I need a good and legit advice from everyone.

Thanks.

You could do a bit of affiliate marketing. it won't take upto 100k.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Kingkyle1(m): 8:26pm On May 10, 2022
Boss be carefulooo
Don't go and dash your money to some scammer out there.

206 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Gripinsight(m): 6:01am On May 11, 2022
There are couple of things you can do that will yield really well.

1. Invest in birds breeding (i would say you should look for an established company to invest with to avoid much loss)
2. Start a blog (get a domain, pick a product (with high affiliate commission), get 5 articles from freelancers, publish and promote)
3. Start a dropshipping business with AliExpress (double your income with facebook or google ads)
4. Buy and resell Cocoa, Palm Oil or buy Pakki, get some workers to produce you with Garri, Fufu and Elubo. Pay them, sell your stuff and keep the change [But you want to make sure you get in touch with someone already in this kind of business)

131 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by RepoMan007: 12:17pm On May 11, 2022
Just be careful. Business isn't always as easy as it seems from the outside.
Depending on your personal skills and stamina, you may try a one spot business like trading, business centre, pos or go into slightly more risky and rewarding ventures like transportation.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by salbis(m): 12:29pm On May 11, 2022
Agriculture.

17 Likes

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by slawormiir: 12:29pm On May 11, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Go to a rural area and start weed(marijuana)farming on a low key

Or if you are real niggar....then buy iPhone

And meet other niggars for tools and format and start keyboarding and become a keyboard warrior

Or if you get mind as a real niggar...then dey carry sure odd for betting....

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by OgunleyeA1: 12:29pm On May 11, 2022
here to read comments

3 Likes

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by SHINJA: 12:29pm On May 11, 2022
Buy Luna coin and be a million next year cool

God bless southsouth and southwest

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by bmdmix14: 12:29pm On May 11, 2022
Go Ghana leave online business n scammers alone

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by soberdrunk(m): 12:29pm On May 11, 2022
Divide the money into four, give your wife one part to do whatever business she can do, use one part to experiment one small scale business yourself, keep one part where you cannot access it (unless it's a serious emergency) and the last part use for upkeep until any of the businesses starts making profit. If there is one thing I have learnt from my many many failed businesses it's that "DIVERSIFICATION" IS KEY!!... NEVER EVER GO ALL IN.......... angry

226 Likes 17 Shares

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Fastt: 12:30pm On May 11, 2022
Use 50% Buy BTC(leave it at least 2 yrs)
Use 30% self training on field adaptable for your age.

10% sustain with family.

Enter street and hustle. It doesnt matter. Any work will do. As long as its legit. At night, you work on your skill and job posting. This shall pass.

Do not give any one money or buy any resources. Do it yourself. Build yourself. there is recession and you dont want to loose the remaining money.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Reality3080: 12:30pm On May 11, 2022
My advice for u is in all u have to do make sure u avoid all these online investors, they are only after their cut from d money.

They will tell u that u can make 1 million naira on 1 day n they will still want to collect what u have

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 11, 2022
It's hard to say but whatever business it is shouldn't cost you more than 125k to set up. If you're going past that amount, you're walking into trouble.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Uniquetani1(f): 12:30pm On May 11, 2022
Most business depends on the location, you can't start any kind of business at any place.
Look into your environment and see what is needed.

Don't fall for those saying BTC, betting, affiliation marketing. Remember you are a family man.

If you can go into food or transportation business, those are humans basic needs

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by iCauseTrouble: 12:31pm On May 11, 2022
I would have suggested domaining but it requires much knowledge and patience.
Since POS is the rave of the moment, you can try it.
Alternatively, you can open a betting shop.

18 Likes

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by ILoveDemMANNA: 12:31pm On May 11, 2022
SHINJA:
Buy Luna coin and be a million next year cool

God bless southsouth and southwest
God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Belcon(m): 12:31pm On May 11, 2022
Pos
Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by posty56: 12:31pm On May 11, 2022
play real Madrid to win Liverpool ,thank me later,Op I am serious

3 Likes

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Guobodo(m): 12:31pm On May 11, 2022
Nairalanders no get meaningful advice o

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by ILoveDemMANNA: 12:31pm On May 11, 2022
See financial advisers everywhere.....
One interesting about Nairaland cheesy
Dem sabi dis kind tin dieee

7 Likes

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Ologundudu2020: 12:32pm On May 11, 2022
I will be straight, no investment you can run with 500k than just buying yourself foodstuff for house while you draw out a plan to work with.
500k is so useless bro.

Pls before you quote me, let me see your acct statement
cos in real sense 500k can’t start anything meaningful for someone who just quit a bank Job

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Mooh247: 12:32pm On May 11, 2022
Seek statement of account of anyone that promotes a business to you

3 Likes

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Uniquetani1(f): 12:32pm On May 11, 2022
Tohsynetita1:

Everything affiliation marketing

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Nigerianboi1960(m): 12:32pm On May 11, 2022
If you are tech savvy (good with the internet), have constant power and can talk well to people online. Send a DM. I'll help you with a mentors contact.

Note that it isn't a get out of jail free card sha. Hard work dey, but reward dey too.
no be yahoo oo

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by myfantasies(f): 12:33pm On May 11, 2022
Tohsynetita1:

Nonsense and ingredients .

Affiliate marketing my foot.

36 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures / Agbori Better: Professional Female Barber In Bayelsa (Photos) / FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.