Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job (37453 Views)

I Just Lost My Job !!! / How I Nearly Lost My Job (A Lesson For Perverts) / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Ibkrichie(m): 1:24pm On May 11, 2022
[quote author=bmdmix14 post=112727163]Ghana must go[/quotes

Oh I see, e dey cheap over there
Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by OlawaleBammie: 1:26pm On May 11, 2022
myfantasies:
Nonsense and ingredients .

Affiliate marketing my foot.
Wait momma, this affiliate marketing people are shouting upandan, is it that profitable like that??
Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by pathinv: 1:27pm On May 11, 2022
[quote author=Cutecharlz post=112704164]Greetings everyone. My company just shut down due to economic polices, no incoming business nor fund to sustain the staff. So as it is now, I am back to the street.
I made a savings of 500k from my meagre salary of 65k monthly. I am married with a kid.
What business can I venture into that can sustain I and my family before house-hold expense will reduce the money to nothing.

Please I need a good and legit advice from everyone.

Thanks.

Just go and learn how to typeset, make photocopies and snap passport photographs just for two months and just find a local government council or educational environment, buy a portable photocopier, a printer, a small laptop, all these won't cost 200k and start the business, bros within a year you will see changes.
Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Greatdand007(m): 1:29pm On May 11, 2022
Ologundudu2020:
I will be straight, no investment you can run with 500k than just buying yourself foodstuff for house while you draw out a plan to work with.
500k is so useless bro.

Pls before you quote me, let me see your acct statement
cos in real sense 500k can’t start anything meaningful for someone who just quit a bank Job

500k can start a good business I have done biz with 200k and I saw a huge money

2 Likes

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by MrCamron(m): 1:30pm On May 11, 2022
IMO01:

Dont try it oh luna is dropping to zero right now

Actually,there is nothing like ZERO in cryptocurrency pricing ! I believe what you meant to say was "negative price value" whereby it goes into negative/fractional value( number less than 1)
Luna could drop till infinity and it will still have a negative value. For example, if you have 1 million naira in futures cross mode setting ,and you had bought 1 dollar (Margin) worth of luna using a leverage of 20x to 50x, Your 1 million naira could amount to 1,000 or less if luna could drop farther in fraction of 1.

Such case could be experienced during bear period "especially" to coins/tokens with weak fundamentals/shit coins/MMM coins/PONZI coins.

Cheers.
Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Ologundudu2020: 1:30pm On May 11, 2022
Greatdand007:

500k can start a good business I have done biz with 200k and I saw a huge money

Spread it bro, let’s learn
Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by NigerianAngelo(m): 1:31pm On May 11, 2022
Cutecharlz:
Greetings everyone. My company just shut down due to economic polices, no incoming business nor fund to sustain the staff. So as it is now, I am back to the street.
I made a savings of 500k from my meagre salary of 65k monthly. I am married with a kid.
What business can I venture into that can sustain I and my family before house-hold expense will reduce the money to nothing.

Thanks.

I'll advise you. If you haven't figured out something perfect yourself as of now, open a local shop for bread, omo, milk and milo (retail provision store).

Then from there start thinking of what business exactly you could make. This first step won't give you errors.

The last thing you want is a trial when you have a family.

2. Alternatively I could tell you to sell soft drinks or bottle water in bulk. For people and retailers to come and buy from you. Like dozens of Pepsi or some bottled water. These businesses sell. But make your calculations well. God's favour. Buhari's era ain't good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by soberdrunk(m): 1:32pm On May 11, 2022
07kjb:

All this things on top of 500k naira... can't u guys be realistic for ones

Ironically its people that don't have such amount that sound like this...... angry
Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by soberdrunk(m): 1:34pm On May 11, 2022
Ibkrichie:

See as you dey share 500k as if na 5million smiles

Anyone that cannot handle 50k effectively will not be able to handle 50 million effectively too.... cheesy
Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by AbuAeesha: 1:34pm On May 11, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Go to a rural area and start weed(marijuana)farming on a low key

Or if you are real niggar....then buy iPhone

And meet other niggars for tools and format and start keyboarding and become a keyboard warrior

Or if you get mind as a real niggar...then dey carry sure odd for betting....
poor advice for someone seeking for genuine biznes p
Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by mkoabiola: 1:34pm On May 11, 2022
Yet to read a tangible bzness idea
Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by BigYash: 1:35pm On May 11, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Go to a rural area and start weed(marijuana)farming on a low key

Or if you are real niggar....then buy iPhone

And meet other niggars for tools and format and start keyboarding and become a keyboard warrior

Or if you get mind as a real niggar...then dey carry sure odd for betting....
My nigga,you just made me burst laugh here. See ur listing.. Badt guy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Bashnigga(m): 1:35pm On May 11, 2022
myfantasies:
Don't mind him, he wants to scam the guy from his little savings
Aswear, people no get conscience for this country again... Someone said it's his last saving & they're still looking for a way to rip him off

1 Like

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by dontrulee: 1:35pm On May 11, 2022
soberdrunk:
Divide the money into four, give your wife one part to do whatever business she can do, use one part to experiment one small scale business yourself, keep one part where you cannot access it (unless it's a serious emergency) and the last part use for upkeep until any of the businesses starts making profit. If there is one thing I have learnt from my many many failed businesses it's that "DIVERSIFICATION" IS KEY!!... NEVER EVER GO ALL IN.......... angry

Very good advice
Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Bravetunde: 1:36pm On May 11, 2022
SHINJA:
Buy Luna coin and be a million next year cool

God bless southsouth and southwest
Thanks our slavves for mentioning us once again.
Sad waste are cowords and slavves of ss grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by dontrulee: 1:37pm On May 11, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
Wait momma, this affiliate marketing people are shouting upandan, is it that profitable like that??
Lol, guy you go work.
There is a season of famine affiliate marketers go through before they breakthrough grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by AbuAeesha: 1:39pm On May 11, 2022
AUSTYN01:

you can start importation of little goods from china , u make x5 of your salary self from each importation, and you must be willing to market yourself since your capital is little while you grow. any other person who is interested should dm or call me, i am willing to teach but T&C's applies
wat are the T&C bro?
Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Zion243(m): 1:41pm On May 11, 2022
Go to rural area and do palm oil business.

I can guarantee you won't regret it.

2 Likes

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by joe1309: 1:42pm On May 11, 2022
Tohsynetita1:

You could do a bit of affiliate marketing. it won't take upto 100k.
please how can someone go into affiliate marketing? Your explanation is highly needed.
Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by OlawaleBammie: 1:44pm On May 11, 2022
dontrulee:

Lol, guy you go work.
There is a season of famine affiliate marketers go through before they breakthrough grin grin
eeh

Ok na
Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Pain(m): 1:45pm On May 11, 2022
EduBrazil1991:
Keep 100k with Madam for feeding and normal home stuff.

Use 400k enter East Obolo Afor In Enugu state or Ogoja in cross rivers state. Buy Red oil worth 200 to 250k use 50k or thereabout run Tp to core North. Sell them to market women and go back again.

Gradually u go dey gather experience to dey buy other food stuffs. Buy beans, rice from North carry go East. Then buy oil and some other stuff return to North.

De business no be gentleman biz but profit dey wella.

I fit dey carry you along, like we go together.

I advise you follow this practical guy

3 Likes

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by dontrulee: 1:46pm On May 11, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
eeh

Ok na

Na so one prince of affiliate marketing come my DM dey beg me for fundz... Affiliate marketing sweet if you can be patient. grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Biafraaa: 1:46pm On May 11, 2022
Cutecharlz:
Greetings everyone. My company just shut down due to economic polices, no incoming business nor fund to sustain the staff. So as it is now, I am back to the street.

Thanks.

Bro please share to us how you were able to save 500k from your meager salary of 65k with a wife and kid. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Connected1: 1:47pm On May 11, 2022
soberdrunk:
Divide the money into four, give your wife one part to do whatever business she can do, use one part to experiment one small scale business yourself, keep one part where you cannot access it (unless it's a serious emergency) and the last part use for upkeep until any of the businesses starts making profit. If there is one thing I have learnt from my many many failed businesses it's that "DIVERSIFICATION" IS KEY!!... NEVER EVER GO ALL IN.......... angry
This is all he needs, no long talks.

Experience is truly the best tutor.

1 Like

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by 07kjb: 1:47pm On May 11, 2022
soberdrunk:

Anyone that cannot handle 50k effectively will not be able to handle 50 million effectively too.... cheesy

Lies from the pit of hell
Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Evidenx(m): 1:48pm On May 11, 2022
HomoSapiien:

Can you give a breakdown of this please?

Do one require to register with the government bed you start?

Please I’ll be very glad to hear a breakdown. Thanks in advance.

I’m outside of Lagos BTW

I don't know about Lagos as am not in Lagos. But in my state so far no registration,I was hearing them say government says they should come register but it has not taken any effect.

As for the break down, get a new bike from 300k to 400k
Licensing of the bike and the box to be mounted on the bike and tracker(will take up to another 100k)
So with 500k you are good to start a dispatch rider business also known as delivery business.

1 Like

Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Executer: 1:48pm On May 11, 2022
Nigerianboi1960:
If you are tech savvy (good with the internet), have constant power and can talk well to people online. Send a DM. I'll help you with a mentors contact.

Note that it isn't a get out of jail free card sha. Hard work dey, but reward dey too.
no be yahoo oo
Boss can I send a DM too?
Am in need of something to do.
Hope it's not affiliate marketing though
Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by spellit(m): 1:48pm On May 11, 2022
Cutecharlz:

Thanks.
You can start a plantain chips business it's lucrative
Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by friendlyadvice: 1:49pm On May 11, 2022
Cutecharlz:

Thanks.

drugs i know a guy that can hook you up with colorado and sk for really cheap
Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by OlawaleBammie: 1:50pm On May 11, 2022
dontrulee:

Na so one prince of affiliate marketing come my DM dey beg me for fundz... Affiliate marketing sweet if you can be patient. grin grin
one actually tot us in a group the affiliate marketing sturv, so wen i told him to put me tru he just sent a link to me to get the materials needed
I just laughed, na me u wan use sell market abi
Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by Bionica: 1:50pm On May 11, 2022
Cutecharlz:

Thanks.

If you live in any major city in Nigeria, make a trip to a large industrial bakery and observe the men and women there scrambling to buy bread as distributors.

Strike a conversation with them and explain your circumstances. Listen carefully and take notes where necessary.

Then decide if this is for you. Capital required is far less than your 500k.

Finally,if you decide to take a plunge in that direction,go to Nairaland business section and you will find there a very detailed thread on selling/distribution of bread.
Re: What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job by akaahs(m): 1:51pm On May 11, 2022
AUSTYN01:

you can start importation of little goods from china , u make x5 of your salary self from each importation, and you must be willing to market yourself since your capital is little while you grow. any other person who is interested should dm or call me, i am willing to teach but T&C's applies
I'm open for mentorship

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Top 5 Highest Paying Oil And Gas Companies In Nigeria / See The Cake A Nairalander Made (photos) / PDMS, Piping Designers And Piping Engineers: Lets Connect Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.