Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Why Is No One Talking About The Exorbitant Prices Of Food And Stuff In Nigeria? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Is No One Talking About The Exorbitant Prices Of Food And Stuff In Nigeria? (519 Views)

Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? / Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown / Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is No One Talking About The Exorbitant Prices Of Food And Stuff In Nigeria? by Moneyboyz: 9:27pm On May 10, 2022
Things are getting out of hand so fast that it feels like a dream.
Just yesterday (2016) I used to buy kerosene 5 liters for as low as 100 naira per liter, full chicken 500 naira, Titus 200 naira and I don't use more than 150 naira pepper.

Fast forward to 2022, salaries are still the same, the standard of living has greatly reduced, people are now suffering and smiling, some are now desperate they are ready to commit serious crimes just to meet up.

Spaghetti that was sold for 50 and 100 naira respectively is now sold for as high as 400 naira, it's not like the 100 naira I had saved in the bank miraculously transformed to 1000 naira, we had to do twice the work to buy something we once bought with ease.

A days job pay can't feed people anymore. I really pity people with large families to feed.
It's like hardworking Nigerians are going backwards. I remember Mr Bulhari campaign slogan during the last election that was making waves on social media, he chanted "Nigeria, Nigeria from top to bottom, Top to bottom". Well he really made that one manifesto come to pass.

You save 50k in the bank thinking you saved money only to need the money for its purpose then find out the product you wanna buy has tripped in cost.

It's wasn't until recently that ritual killing became rampant, kidnapping and all sorts of illicit became the norm and we all just wake up and pretend that things are gonna be okay out of the blue.
These crimes are motivated by poverty, if people can work and make sure stable income they won't be thinking about get Rich quick methods to escape poverty, 16 years old drive good cars in better countries, some bought the cars themselves with their first paycheck.

Here poverty is sinking fast into our population that we had to go to church, fast and pray for god's grace before we can afford day to day necessities.
Some people don't even know what to eat tonight cause the prices of food right now ain't smiling.

Most annoying thing is that politicians whose 4 years salary isn't up to 100 or 50 million are buying
exorbitant presidential forms while we lots are wasting away.
A serious person with the love of its people at heart would have settled for a lesser political party and used the money for campaigns.
So after spending 100mill on forms, 500mill on bribing and campaign, where to you expect to get the money spent when you finally win the election? It's definitely not from your salary.

I don't care if the minimum wage is 30k, what matters is what it can buy, if 30k can pay people's bills and a little savings after I don't mind.

The concerned authorities should try do something about this before the country starts burning, a hungry person is a desperate person.

Cc lalasticlala
Seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Talking About The Exorbitant Prices Of Food And Stuff In Nigeria? by Nbotee(m): 9:43pm On May 10, 2022
Nigerians have been beaten into submission. Too hungry and tired to complain
Re: Why Is No One Talking About The Exorbitant Prices Of Food And Stuff In Nigeria? by Moneyboyz: 9:49pm On May 10, 2022
Nbotee:
Nigerians have been beaten into submission. Too hungry and tired to complain

True, we can't even protest without someone sending uniform dogs and hooligans with guns to ruin the peaceful movement.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About The Exorbitant Prices Of Food And Stuff In Nigeria? by superCleanworks(m): 9:55pm On May 10, 2022
1. The people who you elected to speak up for you can afford any food in the world. It doesn't affect them hence the silence.

2. Your fellow Nigerians who are supposed to join you in speaking up have decided to be silent because the person dishing out suffering for all of you is FROM THEIR VILLAGE

3. Cost of farming, security, diesel affects cost of transportation of food items.

4. There is no regulatory body for food prices.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About The Exorbitant Prices Of Food And Stuff In Nigeria? by Moneyboyz: 10:03pm On May 10, 2022
superCleanworks:
The people who you elected to speak up for you can afford any food in the world. It doesn't affect them hence the silence.

True, and the cycle will continue.
80 percent of the presidential aspirants right now are known crooks and thieves.

Also the day electricity becomes stable in this country, 80 percent of our problems will be solved hypothetically.

People will use more electric cookers/kitchen utensils hence the demand for gas and kerosene will decrease, this will help save more money.
Also production will increase cause they will save more on diesel.
Telecommunications companies will reduce their prices cause their masts will use electricity and save more on fuel.
There might even be electric cars on our roads.

The possibilities are endless.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About The Exorbitant Prices Of Food And Stuff In Nigeria? by blackboy(m): 10:10pm On May 10, 2022
We have all talked tire. Since 2017 till date no day we no complain about the high costs of food and things. Me after 2019 elections I decided to stop talking or complaining. Now it is let Buhari just go.
Only God is keeping this country.
Re: Why Is No One Talking About The Exorbitant Prices Of Food And Stuff In Nigeria? by Moneyboyz: 10:21pm On May 10, 2022
blackboy:
We have all talked tire. Since 2017 till date no day we no complain about the high costs of food and things. Me after 2019 elections I decided to stop talking or complaining. Now it is let Buhari just go.
Only God is keeping this country.

True, hopefully the next person will be visionary with the people's love at heart.

(1) (Reply)

Top 14 Healthy Foods You Should Eat Every Day / Pork Stew / How To Generate Cooking Gas Using A Blender, Container And House Wastes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.