Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,263 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price (16282 Views)

Diesel Price Drops As Dangote Sells ₦‎1,225/Litre, Supplies Petrol May / Diesel Price May Hit N1,500/litre, 75% Filling Stations Closed – Marketers / FG, Ogun Commence Palliative Works On Sango-Ota-Idiroko, Lagos-Abeokuta Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by Agwotulumbe(f): 9:49am On May 11, 2022
awonjaaaaaa
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by forgiveness: 9:49am On May 11, 2022
bareal:
Ogun State has the worst waste management system in the country as we speak and it didn't start now.

Sango is the dirtiest in the whole of Africa. I stand to be corrected.

Have you been to other states?
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by Horla1000: 9:55am On May 11, 2022
grin grin, People get mind sha, even with the inscription bodly written. "Da Ile nu sibi, ki osi sofo emi re, ki odun yi to pari"..
Meaning "Dump refuse here, and loose your life before the end of this year"

Some People are very stubborn sha
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by Evii: 9:58am On May 11, 2022
Come also to Port Harcourt city, it's a mess with dirt along the road �️
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by Originalsly: 10:01am On May 11, 2022
Why are they complaining?..... didn't they elect the governor?
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by UncleKoboko: 10:08am On May 11, 2022
forgiveness:

Have you been to Abia and Kogi state before?
Yes!
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by Nobody: 10:10am On May 11, 2022
A piggy tribe.
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by Anansa0003: 10:11am On May 11, 2022
Go to Agbeloba junction and see Garbage.u go vomit.
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by Nobody: 10:14am On May 11, 2022
Basically diesel prices are high and are eating into the operating costs of the company engaged to clear the trash

So they can't clear it unless government pays them a higher tarrif
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by izombie(m): 10:14am On May 11, 2022
eallstar:

Oga onitsha worst, or yoruba governs onitsha for you? Unhygienic is a personal thing not by tribe or ethnicity
so anyone that says something bad about yoruba is igbo to you?
Someone mentioned edo state but to you he said anambra. Na wao. I don't even know what to say to you anymore.
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by bareal(m): 10:15am On May 11, 2022
forgiveness:

Have you been to other states?

Presently I am in Asaba, I have hotels in Onitsha, Asaba, Agbor, Warri and Ozoro that I manage. I also have a haulage business in Abeokuta. I was also born in Lagos State. I am a full blooded yoruba man from Ondo State. So, I know what I am talking about. I also have a building in Joju, Sango.

The system is just too poor and I have been saying this for long.
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by gabbytabby: 10:16am On May 11, 2022
In my area they doubled their price for this money tight period who does that.
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by oneeast: 10:21am On May 11, 2022
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by tegrianonigltd(m): 10:22am On May 11, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright...

Nobody should criticise ogun state as if other states are clean

The whole nation is one hell of a mess..

Very dirty country.
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by oneeast: 10:22am On May 11, 2022
Owerri appears to be the worst hit when it comes to garbage dumps. I don't know Owerri and Aba which is dirtier

Abagworo:
Even our dear PH city is experiencing same crisis. I wonder how Ibadan, Lagos, Aba and Onitsha will be at the moment
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by tfelicityk(m): 10:29am On May 11, 2022
Chai they are lying against gas price now...
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by oneeast: 10:31am On May 11, 2022
UncleKoboko:
Ogun state, one of the most unfortunate state after Abia and kogi. Ogun is even worse because Ogun is supposed to be competing with Lagos but unfortunately, evil useless and old fool corrupt government won't allow the state to progress.

Add imo state to the list
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by Seb4luv1: 10:31am On May 11, 2022
if the govt is ready for business and development, I can link them to the best waste treatment in the world, you don't need diesel or Nepa light to run it. I repeat the best waste treatment company in the world
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by ZiggyMr(m): 10:32am On May 11, 2022
This waste dey learn work for Port Harcourt
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by oneeast: 10:34am On May 11, 2022
Angelfrost:
From Abia, Imo, to Port Harcourt, now Abeokuta...

Refuse piling all over major cities in Southern Naija!

Una see una life dear sophisticated Southerners! embarassed undecided

Imo state particularly Owerri appears to be the worst
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by oneeast: 10:35am On May 11, 2022
eallstar:

Oga owerri worst, or yoruba governs onitsha for you? Unhygienic is a personal thing not by tribe or ethnicity

Owerri is the worst followed by Aba, Abeokuta.
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by oneeast: 10:37am On May 11, 2022
bareal:
Ogun State has the worst waste management system in the country as we speak and it didn't start now.

Sango is the dirtiest in the whole of Africa
. I stand to be corrected.

Visit owerri and change your stand on the highlighted
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by Oplomo: 10:37am On May 11, 2022
Ewedus and dirt. Tufia!
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by Angelfrost(m): 10:39am On May 11, 2022
oneeast:

Imo state particularly Owerri appears to be the worst

From what I hear, Owerri has a refusal disposal nonchalance.... Both on the part of the citizenry and the leaders!

How do you explain refuse allowed to even block street entrances, and take up parts of major roads?... It's so shameful honestly.

2 Likes

Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by olatunjithomas(m): 10:43am On May 11, 2022
post=112719608:

Your point being

What do you not understand in that post?
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by NoToPile: 10:57am On May 11, 2022
happney65:

Yes it is the government. It is the government that tells them to go and dump for there that they will come and park it. The PSP most times play the government too asking for things that does not make sense. I don't blame them because they know government won't want to see refuse everywhere.

The government should henceforth stop parking people's refuse for them. If you cannot pay private refuse collectors,then find a way to burn your refuse. Government doing subsidy for refuse collection is totally wrong and it should be discouraged.

If I were to be Govornor,I will put a stop to people putting refuse in public and road median. You put there,you go to jail for 3days with option of fine of 100,000naira

It should be discouraged but Nigerians don't like paying for anything even here in Lagos that we have PSPs residents will not give waste to PSP simply because they want to evade monthly payment, they will carry waste to the roadside and Lawma will be forced to mop it up because they don't want dirt on the highways.

Diesel is a major factor now,before when you roll a compactor out for a day it used to be around 14-15k for a trip and to dump now it's 25-28k is being spent per trip per day and if your truck runs into trafficyour BP will start getting high because you know you might have to buy more fuel, you do that and the residents don't pay, how do you cover for your logistics not to talk of payment of staff.

Parts are crazily expensive now, they can say air finished, compacting system, gear, ikoko different kinds of issues arising and residents will be telling you it's supposed to be a free service , add 10-15 million naira which is the price of a compactor here to the mix and you will see why the PSP will stop going to residents.

Until govt enforces payment and put those throwing refuse on the road in jail we will keep rigmarroling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by Nobody: 11:03am On May 11, 2022
[quote author=Menance post=112719791][/quote]this is Aba

Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by EmekaA125(m): 11:06am On May 11, 2022
Land of skull miners grin
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by DaveHarry(m): 11:16am On May 11, 2022
Sango-ota is anada area like this.
Re: Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price by olatunjithomas(m): 11:18am On May 11, 2022
post=112719596:
KEEP YOUR ENVIRONMENT CLEAN.
Let me get it straight. When you keep your environment clean, where do you empty the trash?
In my estate here in Lagos, LAWMA PSPs have refused to show up for more than 4wks now. Dustbins Are full and pouring over. Stray cats and dogs would feast on these dustbins and make a mess of it before each morning.

Who would you blame for that? Do you still blame residents for not keeping their environments clean?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vincent Ekene Ofumelu: Anambra State University Alumni, NANS Celebrate / Adegboruwa: Herdsmen's Actions Illegal, Presidency Misinterpreted Constitution / SDP Disowns Spokesperson Over Comment On Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.