Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Help Please My corolla Car Smokes - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Please My corolla Car Smokes (3045 Views)

Blue Smokes On My Honda Civic 2006 / Reasons Why Your Car Smokes / My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by clems88(m): 12:18pm On May 11, 2022
Please I'm confused right now.
I got a corolla 2004 Nigerian used which a mechanic certified ok. The issue was that the exaust produces a white smoke which the mechanic said when it's serviced it will be ok.

Another issue started when someone drove the car because I don't know how to drive . Immediately he started the car, he said my engine is bad hence I can't use the Ac . Another mechanic was called and the mechanic said my engine is bad that I need to replace it but I can still learn n drive the car around pending when I have money to replace engine. Am so mad and confused right now.

Please what can be don aside changing engine . Pls help me

Cc. Gazzuzz
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:22pm On May 11, 2022
clems88:
I got a corolla 2004 Nigerian used which a mechanic certified ok. The issue was that the exaust produces a white smoke which the mechanic said when it's serviced it will be ok.

Another issue started when someone drove the car because I don't know how to drive . Immediately he started the car, he said my engine is bad hence I can't use the Ac . Another mechanic was called and the mechanic said my engine is bad that I need to replace it but I can still learn n drive the car around pending when I have money to replace engine. Am so mad and confused right now.

Cc. Gazzuzz

you bought a car with a bad engine.

Budget 400-450k for redemption

7 Likes

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by buygala(m): 12:31pm On May 11, 2022
clems88:

Cc. Gazzuzz

How much you buy am?

Make e no be say car seller don open office for your head grin

If seller sold you the car with a bad engine, mobilizing ekelebe make im rest small for Police cell, or more preferably soldier guardroom, until he refunds fully or replaces engine is cheaper than vomiting 450k in this Buhari times.

On the other hand, if you paid anything above 2m for that car and it has a bad engine, seller is beyond redemption.. He should be shot dead on sight smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by clems88(m): 12:54pm On May 11, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

you bought a car with a bad engine.

Budget 400-450k for redemption
the mechanic said I can still use the car but o should get another engine n I should use AC With it.
Also we made call n was told full engine for the car is 350k angry
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by godofuck231: 2:02pm On May 11, 2022
clems88:
the mechanic said I can still use the car but o should get another engine n I should use AC With it.
Also we made call n was told full engine for the car is 350k angry
you need slap , since your brain never learn from the first injury you need life changing slap

8 Likes

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by fineboynl(m): 2:34pm On May 11, 2022
For how much you buy it. Did you not see my DIY before buying a car. Majority of Mechanic don't know anything so stop carrying them along. They always mislead except you have a professional.

I'm not a mechanic but trust me if I should buy any car today I can do all the check myself from experience I have learnt so far. Most mechanic will go back to collect their cut. Because they know you will won't pay them more than 10k but they can hammer 100k with that.
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by clems88(m): 2:51pm On May 11, 2022
godofuck231:
you need slap , since your brain never learn from the first injury you need life changing slap
is typo error na. I was told by the mechanic not to use AC with the car until I change the engine so the AC wount kill the engine . For the engine , the mechanic called parts seller at n was told 350k is for new engine . I also called someone in ladipo they also confirmed it's 350k.

I blame the first kwack mechanic that put me in this mess sad
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by aieromon(m): 3:00pm On May 11, 2022
clems88:

Change mechanic asap. He does not have your interest at heart.
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by TPound(m): 3:24pm On May 11, 2022
buygala:

How much you buy am?

Make e no be say car seller don open office for your head grin

If seller sold you the car with a bad engine, mobilizing ekelebe make im rest small for Police cell, or more preferably soldier guardroom, until he refunds fully or replaces engine is cheaper than vomiting 450k in this Buhari times.

On the other hand, if you paid anything above 2m for that car and it has a bad engine, seller is beyond redemption.. He should be shot dead on sight smiley

Seller and mechanic don shake hands...
If you don Gerrit, forgerrabaurit

4 Likes

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by godofuck231: 3:55pm On May 11, 2022
clems88:
is typo error na. I was told by the mechanic not to use AC with the car until I change the engine so the AC wount kill the engine . For the engine , the mechanic called parts seller at n was told 350k is for new engine . I also called someone in ladipo they also confirmed it's 350k.

I blame the first kwack mechanic that put me in this mess sad
fing the money or get a parts seller and make a payment agreement with him , get back to hustle, no mercy for the weak
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by buygala(m): 4:43pm On May 11, 2022
TPound:

Seller and mechanic don shake hands...
If you don Gerrit, forgerrabaurit

In that case, op suppose shoot both seller and mechanic wey chop seller commission

2 Likes

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by TPound(m): 5:03pm On May 11, 2022
buygala:

In that case, op suppose shoot both seller and mechanic wey chop seller commission

In this case, na mechanic go collect wotowoto because mechanic be judge for the matter...
But e turn Judas because of 30k
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by cyborg123(m): 7:24pm On May 11, 2022
Don't give yourself headache based on random talk.

What you should have asked is what makes your engine bring white smoke, stating your coolant levels after using the car.
You can also state when the smoke is mostly noticeable, your temperature level after driving and probably attaching a picture of the smoke.

At worst... you might have a bad head gasket.

4 Likes

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by bonnyhope: 7:34pm On May 11, 2022
clems88:

Cc. Gazzuzz

How many Nigerians will see a problem free car to you?
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by kernniejay(m): 3:35pm On May 12, 2022
clems88:

Cc. Gazzuzz

cyborg123 may be right. Don't conclude on buying a new engine yet. You need to take the car to a certified professional for proper diagnosis and more investigations. From what you describe, it looks like the car has overheated in the hand of previous owner and head gasket is burnt already, it's likely water (coolant) is entering the engine hence the white smoke. Take the car to a competent technician for proper checking and if there is no solution, you can start thinking of new engine.

1 Like

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by Cokahot: 5:23pm On May 12, 2022
Toyota with lexus can take any form of abuse,so far e no short engine oil. Try to get scanner and scan the car,or was the engine ringed. If the engine was rigned abeg use the ac,but no pass 2000rpm. Be prepared to but new tokks engine. However while going to ladipo,mushin,have it at the back of your mind that toks engine na rebuilt naija used for ladipor. Polished so clean with petrol,u will think its tokunbo but na naija used or even condemned. Igbo,igbo,,igbo. Once money fon enter,wohala Don start if e no work. Dem day change mouth like mad.

2 Likes

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by clems88(m): 5:38pm On May 12, 2022
kernniejay:

cyborg123 may be right. Don't conclude on buying a new engine yet. You need to take the car to a certified professional for proper diagnosis and more investigations. From what you describe, it looks like the car has overheated in the hand of previous owner and head gasket is burnt already, it's likely water (coolant) is entering the engine hence the white smoke. Take the car to a competent technician for proper checking and if there is no solution, you can start thinking of new engine.
please I stay in ibadan. Where can I get a professional mechanic
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by cyborg123(m): 8:00pm On May 12, 2022
clems88:

Do you know how to check water level in radiator?

Do you know how to describe when the smoke is most noticeable?

Do you know how to check temperature guage or at least upload a picture?

Do you know how to acknowledge replies on your thread or state the things you don't understand?

Sometimes, one makes out time to give reply on threads but this kind of poor feedback makes one wonder if it is worth it.

2 Likes

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by grafixdon: 8:38pm On May 12, 2022
Corolla pandemic. Government should declare state of emergency on corolla in Nigeria. Everybody want to buy corolla when there're many brands to choose from.

1 Like

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by clems88(m): 9:06pm On May 12, 2022
cyborg123:

Do you know how to acknowledge replies on your thread or state the things you don't understand?

Sometimes, one makes out time to give reply on threads but this kind of poor feedback makes one wonder if it is worth it.
I'm sorry about not giving good reply. It's actually my first car, n also a learner . I'll carry out some checks tomorrow n get back to you. But for that of the smoke, it's a white smoke and only becomes visible when the car is accelerated . For the water I haven't really checked. Just got the car last Sunday. sadThankss
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by Compliant(m): 9:55pm On May 12, 2022
clems88:
Just got the car last Sunday. sadThankss

GUY YOU CAN STILL RETURN THE CAR SINCE IT WAS JUST LAST WEEK YOU PAID FOR IT
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:05pm On May 12, 2022
Compliant:

diportivo, come see another one
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by clems88(m): 10:46pm On May 12, 2022
Compliant:

owner saying rubbish . Told him o don't want it anymore. Telling me he also bought one with engine issues angry
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by diportivo: 10:57pm On May 12, 2022
clems88:

Cc. Gazzuzz

ur mechanic certified it okay

gun wasn't put on ur head to buy

and u want to return??

una funny sha....... grin

fineboynl:
For how much you buy it. Did you not see my DIY before buying a car. Majority of Mechanic don't know anything so stop carrying them along. They always mislead except you have a professional.

I'm not a mechanic but trust me if I should buy any car today I can do all the check myself from experience I have learnt so far. Most mechanic will go back to collect their cut. Because they know you will won't pay them more than 10k but they can hammer 100k with that.

alaye gbenu soun

you are well-versed, and you are opening thread asking others to compare vehicles?? angry

https://www.nairaland.com/7120267/honda-civic-03-05-vs

1 Like

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by cyborg123(m): 11:50pm On May 12, 2022
clems88:
I'm sorry about not giving good reply. It's actually my first car, n also a learner . I'll carry out some checks tomorrow n get back to you. But for that of the smoke, it's a white smoke and only becomes visible when the car is accelerated . For the water I haven't really checked. Just got the car last Sunday. sadThankss
Ok. You are welcome. I await your feedback.

Sorry...I can literarily feel the stress of my hectic day in my previous post. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by fineboynl(m): 12:56am On May 13, 2022
diportivo:

ur mechanic certified it okay

gun wasn't put on ur head to buy

and u want to return??

una funny sha....... grin

alaye gbenu soun

you are well-versed, and you are opening thread asking others to compare vehicles?? angry

https://www.nairaland.com/7120267/honda-civic-03-05-vs
out of points. Comparing cars is different from checking if everything is ok with the said car.

1 Like

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by diportivo: 5:48am On May 13, 2022
fineboynl:
out of points. Comparing cars is different from checking if everything is ok with the said car.

true

but

ur topic on checking cars is flawed
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by BoboKush(m): 5:49am On May 13, 2022
clems88:

I can recommend mechanic for u at akobo if u don't mind
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by BoboKush(m): 5:54am On May 13, 2022
cyborg123:

Good morning
I notice corolla smoke white / blue if left for days for few sec but if i drive regularly no smoke early starting smoke
Gat me wondering.... Engine sound very wel.... Even with Ac on but once left for three days or xo.... Noticeably smoke.... Nb nt steaming.... Just started recently

Cc GAZZUZZ cyborg123
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by clems88(m): 7:02am On May 13, 2022
BoboKush:

I can recommend mechanic for u at akobo if u don't mind
Akobo is far . I stay at challenge

1 Like

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by fineboynl(m): 8:46am On May 13, 2022
diportivo:

true

but

ur topic on checking cars is flawed

how please tell me.
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by cyborg123(m): 10:04am On May 13, 2022
BoboKush:

Good morning
I notice corolla smoke white / blue if left for days for few sec but if i drive regularly no smoke early starting smoke
Gat me wondering.... Engine sound very wel.... Even with Ac on but once left for three days or xo.... Noticeably smoke.... Nb nt steaming.... Just started recently

Cc GAZZUZZ cyborg123
Most likely age is telling on your valve seals. It is nothing to worry about if everything is as you described.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Turning On Car AC Reduce The Fuel? / CASTROL ENGINE OIL Re-launched Into The Nigerian Market. / Subsidized Diagnosis And Scanning In Uyo And Calabar. (concluded)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.