Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark (31057 Views)

2023: South-East Can’t Throw Away 24-Year Investment In PDP – Chidoka (Video) / 2023 Presidency: Why South East Can’t Reap Where It Didn’t Sow, By Yoruba Youths / Senator Kalu Replies Akpabio Over NDDC Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by drlateef: 6:19pm On May 12, 2022
OfoIgbo:

The SE voted for OBJ in both the 1999 and 2003 presidential elections

OBJ did not represent southwest. He was a northern candidate. He lost in southwest.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 12, 2022
The Chief Whip of the Senate, Orji Uzor Kalu, has said the South-East cannot get the ticket of any party in an open contest as it is today without a gentleman agreement to concede it to the South-East.
I am happy Kalu has come to his senses that Ibo cannot produce a president in Nigeria with its present strategy of bullying other southerners. It is so obvious na. They dont have the number to do so. Not possible.

But how did Nnamdi Azikiwe become the first president of Nigeria? This is the assignment ibos need to return to and study well. Of course ibos are brilliant.

Goodluck to them as they continue beating their chests and promoting Obi Pandora. Reality is just max of 2 weeks away when PDP produces its candidate. Their only hope is that Atiku wins and Obi Pandora will be his VP again. But las las both of them go chop am because APC will still slam them again. Na John Cena's "You cant see me" dem go chop in Feb 2023. grin

Kalu has seen this and has spoken well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by drlateef: 6:20pm On May 12, 2022
ebufa:

Obasanjo they voted for 1989 and 2003 is apparently from the moon abi? Oga, do not underestimate the treachery you Yorubas are capable of!

Nonsense! Obasonjo did not represent southwest. He lost election in southwest and even in his polling booth.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by heysquare(m): 6:21pm On May 12, 2022
ebufa:

Obasanjo they voted for 1989 and 2003 is apparently from the moon abi? Oga, do not underestimate the treachery you Yorubas are capable of!
They voted for PDP because it's their party

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by walozanga(m): 6:22pm On May 12, 2022
I might not like orji but I think he has a point as long as apc is concerned

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Zeeku: 6:22pm On May 12, 2022
beerfraud:
Peter Obi him too dey lie can only govern beerfraud no problem
my brother, Peter Obi remains the best. Let's tell our self the truth, you guys should stop all this lie lie of thing. Let's build a better Nigeria that our children will enjoy tomorrow. Peter Obi is best I stand on his mandate. Peter Obi 2023

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Benitoh: 6:23pm On May 12, 2022
I now know and understand kalu better.

Edwin Clark in not sincere, if he is, let him first call his brothers from South south to support the easterners first.

Nigeria as a country is a big joke.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by drlateef: 6:23pm On May 12, 2022
sweetjohn:
When you stupid afonja openly on all tinubu channels and press refused to vote for obasanjo, it was south east and some part of north that votes in obasanjo in 1999. In 2003, you people carries placards in protest against voting in obasanjo. You people condemned him and call him names. Once again it was the igbos who voted massively for obasanjo. Stop saying rubbish or else you will go blind

Yes, Obasanjo was your candidate, not a southwest candidate. That’s why we did not vote for him. So you did not do us any favour.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by soojar(m): 6:24pm On May 12, 2022
ebufa:

They actually voted for their party not supporting south west.

There were 2 south west candidates on the ballot. OBJ and Falae, the south west wanted Falae and South East voted against what south west wanted, so point of correction, they did not support south west in 1999 as you said, they rather voted against south west candidate, it didn't matter who was on the ballot.

Similar thing played out in 2003, south west did not have any focal candidate, their votes were scattered all over betw, OBJ, Buhari and Gani

Some of you guys don't know the meaning of the words you use because most times you are actually referring to yourselves when you use the word treachery

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Onyeziokwu(m): 6:24pm On May 12, 2022
Maxymilliano:

This man is just a coward looking for excuses to defend his cowardice. Contenders like Yaya Bello, Ikeobasi Mokelu, Ibikunle Amosun, Ayade, Sylva etc knows quite well they may not be in poll position to get the ticket but it's better to try and hoping that providence take its cause than not to try at all. He can go ahead and support the Senate President all he wants but shouldn't disguise his cowardice as patriotism

Exactly, well said.
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by walozanga(m): 6:24pm On May 12, 2022
Zeeku:
my brother, Peter Obi remains the best. Let's tell our self the truth, you guys should stop all this lie lie of thing. Let's build a better Nigeria that our children will enjoy tomorrow. Peter Obi is best I stand on his mandate. Peter Obi 2023

They all know the truth my brother
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by sokera: 6:29pm On May 12, 2022
Igbos have never support the political wish of the sputh-west .. exactly what they are doing to Tinubu now was what they did to Awolowo, Akintola, Abiola, Olu Falae and now they are showing the hatred to Tinubu... its a free world but this generation won't tolerate ppl that undermine our political greatness to continue to survive in our space ... if anything happens to Tinubu the south- east should be ready to face it in the entire of south- west particularly in Lagos we will shutdown and burn down their businesses ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by ransomed: 6:29pm On May 12, 2022
Ummunas have not seen their brother to call him to order but, will be very fast to call other people Traitors, Betrayers, skull miners.
Let our charity begin at home.
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by olas24u(f): 6:30pm On May 12, 2022
Arysexy:
OUK trying to play Tinubu game on us. This is exactly what Tinubu did, hoping North will reward him when the Presidency comes south.

This his miscalculated move is highly condemnable. You don't go learning negative politics. If after 8years, North now supports SW or SS, what will he do?

You call Tinubu a thief, he grew internally generated revenue of lagos from 600million to 4 b a month. He governed only lagos state, lagos state is yoruba land. He has never been president or been a governor in the east. Your brains need to be reexamined

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by xperiencelove(m): 6:33pm On May 12, 2022
OUK just speak nothing but the truth. But the children of hate will continue to abuse him.
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Moikiitos: 6:36pm On May 12, 2022
If he doesn't lick, he risk going back to jail.

Honestly speaking, Nigeria should go back to regional government with center as a ceremonial head.

Paxxcarl:
Kalu is a well known asslicker to the Fulanis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Jahwinaboy(m): 6:41pm On May 12, 2022
Legendforte:
I agree with KALU on this matter. Clark should call his fellow southsoutherners to order. Kalu has the right to choose his own political alliance.
Go and read about Clark's statement for some years now, he has been vocal about Igbo's presidency. PANDEF has been hoping for Igbo's to take the lead aggressively and watch other southern politicians pipe low. U want others to relax and pass u the baton? This is politics and not business. I am ashamed of Kalu thinking he can be VP. Kalu and Clark both have a point
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by onuman: 6:44pm On May 12, 2022
beerfraud:

https://punchng.com/why-south-east-cant-get-presidential-ticket-kalu-replies-clark/

The same gentlemen agreement used to make Obasanjo, Yar'Adua, GEJ, president of Nigeria, has to be made now also to make a presidential aspirant from the SE to succeed president Buhari.
We can't afford to change the goalpost in the middle of the football match;
this is what Orji Uzo Kalu should have been repeating, instead of saying that the SE can't provide a successor to president Buhari if there is no gentlemen agreement to do that.
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Tulsaguy: 6:47pm On May 12, 2022
OfoIgbo:
I support Clark on this issue.

The major point being that Kalu is the only Igboman that is supporting someone not from the south.

That is something massive and should be dealt with. He mustn't be allowed to get away with this betrayal by throwing up this feeble smokescreen.

So he wants to reward those that don't want to stand down for an Igbo president. Why support the senate president, whose actions already shows he is not in support of an Igbo president? Tomorrow, OUK will get up and start wanting to lead me, a full-blooded Anambra man and a hardcore Umu Nri nigga.

The last I check...
Abaribe was campaigning for Atiku. So what's has Kalu done differently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by membranus: 6:51pm On May 12, 2022
ebufa:

Oga, mek you no lie for us o.

We Yoobas are gentle, amiable, friendly, accomodating, hospitable, guileless, truthful, sociable and are not treacherous at all oo.

And if you want our votes, we go give you. Just tell us jejely, we go deliver
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by paramakina202: 6:53pm On May 12, 2022
OfoIgbo:
I support Clark on this issue.

The major point being that Kalu is the only Igboman that is supporting someone not from the south.

That is something massive and should be dealt with. He mustn't be allowed to get away with this betrayal by throwing up this feeble smokescreen.

So he wants to reward those that don't want to stand down for an Igbo president. Why support the senate president, whose actions already shows he is not in support of an Igbo president? Tomorrow, OUK will get up and start wanting to lead me, a full-blooded Anambra man and a hardcore Umu Nri nigga.

Umu Nri can lead umu Nri they have no jurisdiction over any other Igbo group.
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by YorubaMentality: 6:54pm On May 12, 2022
Trust Yoruba politicians at your own peril.

South West have been disturbing the North to zone presidency to the South, not knowing that it's for their own selfish interest. Ask them which part of the South the presidency should go to, they will tell you South West of course.

South West don't care about South East and South South, it's always about them.

They've had their own turn, but will make things difficult for Igbos to achieve their own ambition, all because of 2023

Igbos should start using long Spoon when it comes to Yoruba Politicians. They don't want Igbos to smell Aso Rock, but God pass them

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by emapeteum(m): 6:55pm On May 12, 2022
Which zone did south east actually support Mr Kalu? Election is about lobbying,you don't force others to dance according to your tune.
South east should learn how to play politics
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Starz825(m): 7:03pm On May 12, 2022
igbo politicians no dey support themselves...
Even SW political leaders including presidential aspirants met not quit long in Lagos....so that's how it should be ....

I feel like ego na him dey worry Igbo politicians
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by donborg(m): 7:06pm On May 12, 2022
beerfraud:

https://punchng.com/why-south-east-cant-get-presidential-ticket-kalu-replies-clark/

Orji Uzor Kalu has no reason whatsoever to support a Northerner.

Any way I am not surprised at all by his actions as he is a mix breed Igbo/Efik/ Ekois so he has to do what he had to do to betray Igbo people.
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by BJanta: 7:07pm On May 12, 2022
ebufa:

Obasanjo would still have won without the Ibos's vote. And besides , Obasanjo never was , and never can be, the Southwest's choice. Olu Falae was the Southwest 's choice and AD candidate. AD was the Southwest "s party. Obasanjo was the PDP candidate the North's choice, and the Ibos voted for him to spite the Yorubas. Why is so difficult for an average Iboman to steer clear of lies ?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Zeezenho: 7:07pm On May 12, 2022
juman:
Its possible that the whole country agree that south east should produce president.
They should engage the other regions.

Engage other regions how?havent we done enough?who pay most tax in your region?Igbos.who invest most in your region?igbos.who are developing your region?igbos! Who are your most peaceful neighbors?igbos.

What kind of bridge do you need? We have voted for every rigions candidates massively in the past what exactly do you guys need from igbos Biko nu.
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Zeezenho: 7:10pm On May 12, 2022
olas24u:

Igbos have never supported the aspiration and desires of Yoruba people. I don't know the rubbish you are writing.

Obasanjo is no longer a Yoruba man.is this how quick you are in denning your people?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by SugarGirl44(f): 7:11pm On May 12, 2022
The best thing is to divide this ded country.
See the names I'm seeing sef...how can a Kalu, Obi etc have the interest of Ogbomoso or Ekiti at heart?

Also how can an Aminu, Umaru or a Garba have the inererest of Nnewi, Ebonyi at heart?

They shouldn't be accused of nepotism because only a bastard would neglect his people and focus on others.

I for one, don't have goddamn candidate.
The only solution to Liegeria is division, if not, una go still wail tire, no matter who gets elected.
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by stanluiz(m): 7:11pm On May 12, 2022
Miracle2022:
obj was not the south west choice. It was Olu falaye, go and check result.
Wheather is it South West choice or not, is non of our business! What we know is that we voted for a South West candidate in 1999 and 2003. Deal with it.
Re: 2023: Why South-East Can’t Get Presidential Ticket - Kalu Replies Clark by Ilaje1: 7:11pm On May 12, 2022
Tochj:

Onu conceded his ticket to Falae
Ekwueme also supported OBJ in 1999 and 2003
Not minding the many betrayals.

I want to believe you were a kid in 1999 that you didn't witness the election else you would have remembered Obasanjo, obasanjo, obasanjo, Ekwueme, Obasanjo etc. when they were counting the votes. Alibaba even made a joke out of it. In essence, Ekwueme contested against OBJ. While APP and AD did what ACN and CPC did to APC.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Amosun To Blame For Dangote Relocating Refinery To Lagos — Dapo Abiodun / Osinbajo In Anambra To Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge & Visit Markets For Trademoni / PDP Shuns Ogun State As Buhari, Atiku Hit Home States To Woo Voters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.