Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,709 members, 7,805,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years (44023 Views)

Breaking - President Buhari Bans Basketball In Nigeria / Nigeria will Rule Basketball In The World - ABC Sports Analyst / A Lady Shows Her Skills In Playing Basketball In High Heels(video,pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by PS712: 7:59pm On May 12, 2022
superCleanworks:
can they ever do the same for football? a whole 2 years.

thank God for NBA. I am waiting for Mavs vs Phoenix. that Doncic guy is a mad genius.
Doncic the Double Double guy. Just that a tree doesn't make a forest. #His contributions to Mavs
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by Ladi47(m): 7:59pm On May 12, 2022
Let's even suspend everything called sport
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 12, 2022
Urheadmaster:
Super eagles deserve the same tongue

At the end , we would fall down in fifa rankings which can affect things like positions for qualifiers

We could end up in a very difficult group for the world cup qualifiers for example
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by Jmichael1(m): 8:00pm On May 12, 2022
Abeg buhari Ban loan apps and ur sin shall be 4given oooh....
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by kingxley(m): 8:00pm On May 12, 2022
Who wants to watch basketball games with 72-65 score lines. Suspension welcomed. If you want to watch basketball look to the NBA .
All in on Luka doncic
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by McMayor(m): 8:01pm On May 12, 2022
Maverick will be burnt by the Suns.

CP3 + Booker vs Doncic

superCleanworks:

thank God for NBA. I am waiting for Mavs vs Phoenix. that Doncic guy is a mad genius.
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 12, 2022
This government don't know anything,

You don't cure headache by cutting the head off.
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by Johel(m): 8:03pm On May 12, 2022
tutudesz:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/fg-suspends-basketball-in-nigeria-for-two-years/?fbclid=IwAR1xcov7QQRA2VaxHsleUQsHmFyeUkWy3a3XgzG7mwxx5fpqeMJaxm5kGOg

Misplaced priorities...no money to invest into basketball again after they've embezzled all and used 100million to get presidential forms....what a cursed government...It's really sad,I hope they make good provisions for the basket ballers..

In the history of Nigeria,under APC the worse has happened yet some imbeciles still chose failure over progress...Cursed souls.

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by PHIPEX(m): 8:04pm On May 12, 2022
Suspension for 2years when you will be out of power in 12months?. Is this the only solution to resolve a crises in the first place?

How about suspending all political activities to resolve issues with political parties?
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by teejet: 8:05pm On May 12, 2022
HOW CAN YOU STOP OUR BASKETBALLERS FROM PARTICIPATING IN INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIONS?

WHY CAN'T THE GOVERNMENT JUST DISSOLVE THE FEUDING ASSOCIATION AND PUT A INTERIM
COMMITTEE THERE PENDING WHEN THE GRIEVANCES ARE SORTED OUT?

WHY MAKE OUR PLAYERS SUFFER FOR THE CRIME OF THEIR OFFICIALS?

WHAT'S THE ESSENCE OF PLAYING IN LOCAL LEAGUES WHEN THERE'LL BE NO CHANCE OF PLAYING AT INTERNATIONAL LEVEL FOR 2 YEARS?

GOVERNMENT SHOULD LIMIT ITS CLUELESSNESS TO POLITICS AND GOVERNANCE AND NOT DABBLE INTO AREAS IT KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT.

NONSENSE.
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 12, 2022
Blessings10:
Am pleading for your help please
Please dear everyone, I beg you in the name of God please forgive me for posting this but I have no choice because the mods ban my old username. Please sirs and ma's, my name is Faith, am a 26 years old single mom of 1. My son is just 2 years old. I used to be a hairdresser before my present predicament. In

1. You have sores on your hand and you can still type?

2. You have a 2 year old son for over one year now. He never age?

3..Where is St David hospital located? What is the name of your doctor?

4 Oga, drop this format. Stop lying..what you are doing is wrong

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by NaijaCars4sale: 8:05pm On May 12, 2022
This is a massive setback for basketball in Nigeria
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by Herrostar4u: 8:06pm On May 12, 2022
Mr man receive sense
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by Pineapplelove: 8:08pm On May 12, 2022
good way to turn
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by safariman(m): 8:08pm On May 12, 2022
It is just a shame that Nigeria's sports governing body whether football, track or basketball cannot get their acts together. Just in Miami Heat NBA team alone, there are Nigerian born athletes on the team, the likes of Victor Oladipo and Bam Adebayo (Olympic Gold medalist for the US) but if I were them, would i be interested in playing for Nigeria with all the mismanagement and greed? With the ban, it is the athlete that will suffer..

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by Okobola146: 8:09pm On May 12, 2022
Person wey suppose to suspend himself, dey suspend something. Mtcheeeeeeew
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by MMWandali: 8:13pm On May 12, 2022
2023: Vote Dem Out (VDO)
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by robosky02(m): 8:15pm On May 12, 2022
Mynd44:
Sunday Dare has lost it

Like seriously

This is not how to be relevant,

Why not call the two parties involved in the whole wahala and resolve their difference

Because of two men fighting for position, the whole country, the athletes future, plus all revenue due Nigeria via basketball should suffer
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by Icebreeze(m): 8:17pm On May 12, 2022
I have said it
The problem with this country is that most people will neglect the main problem of the nation and chase something different.
Of all the issues at hand nah basketball be wuna problem.
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by pharmagba: 8:17pm On May 12, 2022
tutudesz:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/fg-suspends-basketball-in-nigeria-for-two-years/?fbclid=IwAR1xcov7QQRA2VaxHsleUQsHmFyeUkWy3a3XgzG7mwxx5fpqeMJaxm5kGOg

Our government officials think and act outside all known logic?
Is football batter managed?
Is it boxing or weightlifting?

Truth be told, it's a vendetta against criticism from the last Olympic
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by Sensiblerealist: 8:19pm On May 12, 2022
Don't expect anything less from a technocrat now in politics. Naso e dey always turn out

Mynd44:
Sunday Dare has lost it
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by nedekid: 8:22pm On May 12, 2022
Nothing this folks cannot destroy.
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by koolaid87: 8:26pm On May 12, 2022
superCleanworks:

Booker is a legend
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by gulfer: 8:27pm On May 12, 2022
They should just suspend the while country, from presidency down to local government levels. All needs revamping angry angry angry angry angry
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by Bouncing2(m): 8:29pm On May 12, 2022
But why!?

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 12, 2022
mannobi:
When you think about buhari government, just remember that he said naijeria FROM TOP TO BOTTOM.

And he did it. The only compaign promise he fulfilled. So Buhari isn't a failure after all. He's only a success in the wrong direction.
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:32pm On May 12, 2022
I still do not get how competing in international tournaments prevent us from developing locally.
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by RichAbujaGuy: 8:33pm On May 12, 2022
Mumu announcement carries no weight nor credibility. Some just say anything rubbish to be relevant in the news media. sad
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by kingxley(m): 8:33pm On May 12, 2022
[quote author=koolaid87 post=112772199]

If Booker and the suns where that good the series should have been over by now
Re: FG Suspends Basketball In Nigeria For Two Years by favour32(m): 8:40pm On May 12, 2022
I wan ask a question.
Wetin Buhari son,Yusuf dey work?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Return My Money” – 16-year-old Boy Who Used School Fees To Stake Bet / André Ayew Performing Ritual Before African Cup Of Nations Match (Video) / Meet Dantala Vanshali Philex, Contortionist With Super Flexible Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.