Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Why Do Indian Shake Head While Talking - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Indian Shake Head While Talking (618 Views)

Watch as Owerri Girls Shake Their Butts Dangerously During Oru Owerri Festival / VIDEO Show STRIPPERS After Prayers, Saying, "We Shake YANCH To Make Money, We Ar / The Language Of Talking Drums In Yoruba Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Indian Shake Head While Talking by Invisibu: 9:33pm On May 12, 2022
I believe many of us would have noticed Indian people shaking their heads while talking. Don't know if it's cultural or intentional

Re: Why Do Indian Shake Head While Talking by Mooh247: 9:41pm On May 12, 2022
Weird I also like to know.... Indians , Pakistani and. Sri Lankan all shake their head slanted sideways
Re: Why Do Indian Shake Head While Talking by Choilila: 9:42pm On May 12, 2022
It's a cultural thing found in South Asia.
It means yes ,got it, OK. Depending on the context tho.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Indian Shake Head While Talking by habsydiamond(m): 9:51pm On May 12, 2022
Shaking head like generator wey no get fuel abi like say to respond to a yes or no question... If na the former dem fit get neck pain but if it's the latter then it's a normal phenomenon.

Re: Why Do Indian Shake Head While Talking by menix(m): 9:56pm On May 12, 2022
They are possessed with the spirit of Cobra �..
Study a cobra and see what I mean..
Re: Why Do Indian Shake Head While Talking by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 12, 2022
Culture and tradition.

Same way some folks must gesticulate (hands ) while talking
Re: Why Do Indian Shake Head While Talking by Haakeem(m): 10:03pm On May 12, 2022
Almost everything about indians are just too funny, they can't do a movie with out them dancing and singing, and now the shaking of the head thing.

The one that amuses me most is their film trick they are ba!ba! in that part.
Re: Why Do Indian Shake Head While Talking by decatalyst(m): 10:08pm On May 12, 2022
Haakeem:
Almost everything about indians are just too funny, they can't do a movie with out them dancing and singing, and now the shaking of the head thing.

The one that amuses me most is their film trick they are ba!ba! in that part.

It is just like telling a politician to come and read his manifesto without telling lies.

Nah 5&6 ooo
Re: Why Do Indian Shake Head While Talking by temitope27(m): 6:36am On May 13, 2022
Me self dey wonder, they even shake their heads side ways for yes instead of no
Re: Why Do Indian Shake Head While Talking by Bahamas95(m): 12:34pm On May 13, 2022
That's because Indians are weird..... Nothing fascinates me about Indians.

(1) (Reply)

Honda Scooter Dio / Ooni Empowers 300 Fashion Designer In Ile-ife, Environs / Efon-Alaye Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.