Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1864) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5421336 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) (1866) (1867) ... (2350) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by holyaustin(m): 2:04pm On Dec 01, 2018
agaj4life:

I saw a new 3M imported dish inside carton @ 50K recently. I don't know what make the locally fabricated 4M so expensive.
Pls can you give me the contact of the seller or let me know how to locate there. I i need the 3m dish or more.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adimek2002(m): 4:13pm On Dec 01, 2018
holyaustin:

Pls can you give me the contact of the seller or let me know how to locate there. I i need the 3m dish or more.
Me I need too.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IYGEAL(m): 4:57pm On Dec 01, 2018
tettey505:

Okey, baba Kush, Goron Dotse(maikudi), Adewest, Dejsam etc...who is who ...?... Both pan n fibre...who stand tall ? keep talking!

Where dem dey when all of us here dey look for dish?
Make they come give us better dish at cheap rate nah
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Trippledots(m): 6:04pm On Dec 01, 2018
Good evening guys...

I need others opinion.

I am about purchasing a dstv hd decoder unit with dish... I just want to knw if there is another decoder with greater value for my money. I really wont be doing much tinkering for free to air stations. I just need something stable and regular (and cheap since i am barely at home cos of work)

Pls. Mention me when u reply my request. God bless.

Oga GeorgeD1 i sight you sir. #Wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kunssat(m): 5:00am On Dec 02, 2018
aliyuthayo:

Digicom and Viewsat
It autoroll Sony HD and ESPN HD, also autoroll HBO, but it can't autoroll AFN.
[quote author=aliyuthayo post=73431959]
My own doesnot autoroll sony hd and espn hd, but it do autoroll HBO, pls hao do u go about it, or do u upgrade d software, My own decoder software version is R12943_MJ2_R5370
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kunssat(m): 5:04am On Dec 02, 2018
am using Digicom 9000 HD decoder
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 8:13am On Dec 02, 2018
I don't do fiber dishes
I do solid pan dishes from 3.6m to 10m
The problem is that I don't have time for such stuffs now.
I am fully engaged in my Fathers work right now. I have chosen a better path.
All the same you can send me a pm if you have what the goat eats (Ihe ewu n'ata).

IYGEAL:

Where dem dey when all of us here dey look for dish?
Make they come give us better dish at cheap rate nah
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Joered63: 9:02am On Dec 02, 2018
Please what's the difference between the solid metal pan dish and the fibre type? Can the metal dish get the same channels?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManirBK: 9:37am On Dec 02, 2018
sau4real:

am aware of dt, after tracking with the other tp I now put d signal 6 tp n signal start fluctuating( not stable) it wil come n go
sorry for late reply, at that time am not on 10e they change the tp to 3898H3750 or its the one you use?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 11:20am On Dec 02, 2018
@Joered63. Pan dishes are studier, more durable and more expensive.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bakbayus: 12:48pm On Dec 02, 2018
blexxonmak:
Boss let's chat. Give me ur whatsapp number. Need to ask y some questions
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Joered63: 1:03pm On Dec 02, 2018
blexxonmak:

Ok. Thanks for the reply, I was thinking maybe one has an edge over the other in terms of channels reception and quality.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 2:03pm On Dec 02, 2018
@Joered63. Read my words carefully. Pan dishes are far more superior to fiber dishes.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Joered63: 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2018
blexxonmak:
@Joered63. Read my words carefully. Pan dishes are far more superior to fiber dishes.

Alright. Got it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ab221(m): 3:26pm On Dec 02, 2018
Bundes liga: Leizig vs Gladbach Live on Ait National FTA
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sau4real(m): 4:11pm On Dec 02, 2018
ab221:
Bundes liga: Leizig vs Gladbach Live on Ait National FTA
which sat?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ab221(m): 4:52pm On Dec 02, 2018
sau4real:
which sat?
5 east cband
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingsley6(m): 6:07pm On Dec 02, 2018
ab221:

5 east cband

Dish size?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ab221(m): 6:35pm On Dec 02, 2018
kingsley6:

Dish size?
1.8m

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IYGEAL(m): 12:14am On Dec 03, 2018
blexxonmak:

Well, that is in contrast with what others say.
There is a consensus that fibre dishes are more durable and receive better signal. I'm a novice when it comes to this though, I'm just echoing what people write here. I'm surprised you said it's the other way around.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by aliyuthayo(m): 5:22am On Dec 03, 2018
kunssat:
am using Digicom 9000 HD decoder

I'm using the samething too, but are you sure it's Sony ESPN HD and Sony SIx HD? Mine work perfectly. Also know that these channels aren't on the same frequency as HBO.
It doesn't autoroll the SD channels but it worked for HBO, CNN etc.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Gsat: 6:29am On Dec 03, 2018
Hi, gurus in d house, can 4955b auto roll Sony HD? Pls what s d tp 4 10E, s it still active? I av 4955h working with 68, 16 and 28 but when I change to 42 and 28 it refused to scan them. What do Ned 2 do? Tanx 4 ur quickly response.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by iliyande(m): 6:41am On Dec 03, 2018
Yinka4dad:
Please which other app apart from modbro can I watch a live streamed match on mobile phone....pls I need urgent help
Wss 2.2, tvtap etc
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 6:48am On Dec 03, 2018
IYGEAL:

Well, that is in contrast with what others say.
There is a consensus that fibre dishes are more durable and receive better signal. I'm a novice when it comes to this though, I'm just echoing what people write here. I'm surprised you said it's the other way around.

Satellite dish made with pan is better than the one made with fiber.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by holyaustin(m): 7:38am On Dec 03, 2018
blexxonmak:
Good morning. Thanks for the response. But how can we cantact you. Ur number pls. I am in Ebonyi State.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Joered63: 7:47am On Dec 03, 2018
Hello guys, thanks for your replies I have really learnt a lot about FTA stuff in the short time I've been here.

Please I need some clarification on this, I already have a 4955b decoder with a small dish, and I intend buying a 1.8m or a 2.4m dish so I can get live sports and news like CNN,etc.
Is it possible to get those channels and can my decoder open them? Because I'm seeing stuffs here like autoroll and honestly I'm a little confused.
My location is Abuja
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kunssat(m): 8:02am On Dec 03, 2018
do u mean only sony Six HD and Espn Hd among d sony chann
els alone
aliyuthayo:

I'm using the samething too, but are you sure it's Sony ESPN HD and Sony SIx HD? Mine work perfectly. Also know that these channels aren't on the same frequency as HBO.
It doesn't autoroll the SD channels but it worked for HBO, CNN etc.
do u mean only sony Six HD and Espn Hd among d sony chann
els alone
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by holyaustin(m): 8:07am On Dec 03, 2018
Please how can someone help tell me if tiger t245+ ultra can autoroll biss. If yes, what are the procedures to make it autoroll biss on my box. Since i bought it, it refused to autoroll biss. It connects to internet with wifi. Thanks in advance for the anticipated reply.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by cabes007: 8:46am On Dec 03, 2018
Pls gurus I want to buy a good hand tracking decoder
I need a good recommendation
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 9:20am On Dec 03, 2018
ab221:

Sports tv
wss
These two are good for mobile
thanks bro sports TV not working.....i ll try wss
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 9:22am On Dec 03, 2018
iliyande:
Wss 2.2, tvtap etc
thanks bro
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 9:25am On Dec 03, 2018
iliyande:
Wss 2.2, tvtap etc
thanks alot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) (1866) (1867) ... (2350) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.