Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2067) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5427026 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) ... (2350) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ifeanyi4491(m): 10:16am On Jul 09, 2020
abohwun:
Chart me for jack, cband lnb and positioner 07033543115
do you have wifi stick
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by okikiosibodu(m): 10:40am On Jul 09, 2020
Tosman12:
please house , is there a sattalite that i can track cartoon for children atleast 2 or 3 cartoon station ....
and please i have search the thread for the process on how to track the 26 and 28.
please help with the positioning and the tp in a quick way. sorry please.
I don't know if this can be of help
https://www.nairaland.com/357272/all-multi-tv-free-air

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sauceEEP(m): 11:00am On Jul 09, 2020
okikiosibodu:
Una no go scatter person head for this thread. Pls can anyone be magnanimous enough to guide enthusiastic dummies like is in the right path of this satellite world?

Curiosity, can dstv dish be used for FTA without "jailbreaking/ hacking" or there special kind of dishes for it?
YES you can use DStv dish for free to air installation...

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ojolfc(m): 1:47pm On Jul 09, 2020
Good day to you all...
What is the easiest way to track this sitelite
Intelsat 33e at 60.0°E
And the dish size. Saw it on lyngsat and I love those channels on this sitelite. Gurus in the house help me out.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by okikiosibodu(m): 2:32pm On Jul 09, 2020
sauceEEP:

YES you can use DStv dish for free to air installation...
Acknowledged. Thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 6:00pm On Jul 09, 2020
Ojolfc:
Good day to you all...
Intelsat 33e at 60.0°E
And the dish size. Saw it on lyngsat and I love those channels on this sitelite. Gurus in the house help me out.

1.8m would do provided you're in Nigeria,you're lnb would also require a di-electric plate.

Remember R=V,L=H....good luck
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SlyCharlie(m): 6:05pm On Jul 09, 2020
Ojolfc:
Good day to you all...
Intelsat 33e at 60.0°E
those channels there are c band. (MCA Nigeria/Nigeria MUX)
you need cband lnbf.
Prime focus dish too...
1.8m
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ojolfc(m): 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2020
SlyCharlie:

those channels there are c band. (MCA Nigeria/Nigeria MUX)
you need cband lnbf.
Prime focus dish too...
1.8m
Ooops!!! Hoping that 1meter dish will nail the bird.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SlyCharlie(m): 6:30pm On Jul 09, 2020
Ojolfc:
Ooops!!! Hoping that 1meter dish will nail the bird.
you can give it a try... but those channels are cband.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ogbeh44(m): 6:50pm On Jul 09, 2020
SlyCharlie:
those channels there are c band. (MCA Nigeria/Nigeria MUX) you need cband lnbf. Prime focus dish too... 1.8m
Which one is prime focus dish? Please enlighten me.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ogbeh44(m): 6:52pm On Jul 09, 2020
SlyCharlie:
those channels there are c band. (MCA Nigeria/Nigeria MUX) you need cband lnbf. Prime focus dish too... 1.8m
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SlyCharlie(m): 7:08pm On Jul 09, 2020
ogbeh44:
A Prime focus dish is a reflector
whereby the waves received are
concentrated on a central point in front
of the dish. The prime focus is usually
on the same plane as the most central
point on the reflector itself. It can also
be viewed as a concave reflector like
the image below tries to explain.
First Pic: 1.8m Prime Focus
2nd Pic : 2.4m Prime Focus
3rd Pic: 60cm Offset
Prime Focus dishes are usually big 1.8m and above, and the lnbf is usually at the centre.. hence they are perfect for receiving cband frequencies
The other type of dish is the offset dish.. i.e Normal DStv and Strong dishes usually not more than 1m in size .

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 8:38pm On Jul 09, 2020
Greetings ALL. How much is 1.8m dish? A woman has been begging me to come an carry hers for free. What can I do with it?

Quick response.

Thanks ALL
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 1kinggy(m): 8:57pm On Jul 09, 2020
ogbeh44:

VSAT dish, spherical.

Typical KU-band dish is elliptical.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 9:35pm On Jul 09, 2020
abohwun:
Chart me for jack, cband lnb and positioner 07033543115
What's the size of your Jack?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2020
Resurrection of Tstv is in progress @45e yayi TV position

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ephy6774(m): 9:55pm On Jul 09, 2020
TSTV is back with this TP 11513V30000 on Azerspace 2 at 45° east. The company commissioned her new office at Abuja early this week. Pictures from the event is attached.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ojolfc(m): 10:20pm On Jul 09, 2020
sunene1:

Pls where can I place my LNB having Nigcomsat 42e dish set already.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 1kinggy(m): 10:27pm On Jul 09, 2020
sunene1:

Is it combinable with 42e?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 1kinggy(m): 10:28pm On Jul 09, 2020
Ojolfc:

Thanks

My guy.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chrisatah94: 10:42pm On Jul 09, 2020
1kinggy:

I can't say on all authority that it can be combined (although I think it should be possible to combine since their difference with Nigcomsat is 3 degrees). But in the meantime if you want to nail it, just pull your the dish slightly downwards (say less than 2cm) from the Nigcomsat position and you'll hit it.

@Ojolfc you may want to try placing the lnb on the 42e to see if it's possible to nail it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ogbeh44(m): 1:54am On Jul 10, 2020
1kinggy:

VSAT dish, spherical.
Typical KU-band dish is elliptical.
Thanks alot. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ogbeh44(m): 2:01am On Jul 10, 2020
SlyCharlie:

A Prime focus dish is a reflector
whereby the waves received are
concentrated on a central point in front
of the dish. The prime focus is usually
on the same plane as the most central
point on the reflector itself. It can also
be viewed as a concave reflector like
the image below tries to explain.
First Pic: 1.8m Prime Focus
2nd Pic : 2.4m Prime Focus
3rd Pic: 60cm Offset
Prime Focus dishes are usually big 1.8m and above, and the lnbf is usually at the centre.. hence they are perfect for receiving cband frequencies
The other type of dish is the offset dish.. i.e Normal DStv and Strong dishes usually not more than 1m in size .
Thanks for the enlightenment. God will continue to bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 5:58am On Jul 10, 2020
chrisatah94:

I can't say on all authority that it can be combined (although I think it should be possible to combine since their difference with Nigcomsat is 3 degrees). But in the meantime if you want to nail it, just pull your the dish slightly downwards (say less than 2cm) from the Nigcomsat position and you'll hit it.

@Ojolfc you may want to try placing the lnb on the 42e to see if it's possible to nail it

I don't mean to kill the optimism but due to the low signal of Nigcomsat in recent times,trying to nail both with one lnb my be disastrous for the Nigcomsat and not all TPs would pop out for the TSTV...hopefully they don't disappear again as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ogbeh44(m): 7:16am On Jul 10, 2020
ephy6774:
TSTV is back with this TP 11513V30000 on Azerspace 2 at 45° east. The company commissioned her new office at Abuja early this week. Pictures from the event is attached.
This your picyures look fake to me because I cannot see anyone oding face mask and they are not observing social distance.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 7:23am On Jul 10, 2020
[quote author=Ojolfc post=91556815]

Thanks [/quote
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 7:24am On Jul 10, 2020
1kinggy:

yes
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by chukwuchebe1993: 7:29am On Jul 10, 2020
Good morning house, what's d dish size for 32e and frequency. Did they have Nigeria movie channel? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 8:08am On Jul 10, 2020
adubam:
Greetings ALL. How much is 1.8m dish? A woman has been begging me to come an carry hers for free. What can I do with it?

Quick response.

Thanks ALL

Pls I need response to this.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by okikiosibodu(m): 8:47am On Jul 10, 2020
adubam post=9,
553441:

Quick response.

Thanks ALL
If you reside around Ojodu Berger or Akute, I don't mind you gifting me a satellite dish, whether big or small, I go collect am. Even if na your old one wey dey good wey you no dey use again, I no mind
Make I dey earnest my FTA apparatus small small cheesy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ephy6774(m): 9:40am On Jul 10, 2020
ogbeh44:
This your picyures look fake to me because I cannot see anyone oding face mask and they are not observing social distance.
Did you check the pictures especially the fourth one very well. Don't be a doubting Thomas or are you a DSTV agent.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ogbeh44(m): 10:08am On Jul 10, 2020
ephy6774:
Did you check the pictures especially the fourth one very well. Don't be a doubting Thomas or are you a DSTV agent.
Even if I find myself buying anything dstv in my dream, I will quickly shout Holy Ghost fire and wake up and begin to rebuke the dream. I am always praying that TStv comes back with full force one day amd I believe that God is about to answer my prayer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) ... (2350) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.