Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5425744 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2112) (2113) (2114) (2115) (2116) (2117) (2118) ... (2350) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 6:45am On Sep 26, 2020
giggspro:
pls great people, i want to ask if csat 8pro+ can multi scream and how much is the price.
and it is a FTA decoder.
I'm a newbie pls

Yes it can multistream

Yes it is an FTA enabled decoder

Price should be less than 10k ( but don't quote me on that because I am not a marketer)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 6:51am On Sep 26, 2020
levis2kk:
Hello good people. Please I just returned from a trip and found out MBC channels are not showing. Did anything change or is it just me? I still receive some fta channels like Jw broadcasting etc. Please how do I correct this? I need the MBC channels. Thanks

MBC is still very much alive in this satellite positions

42.5 degree east

26 degree east

7 degree west.

I don't know which of these your dish is pointed at. So check your dish and signal and do the needed alignment. Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 7:43am On Sep 26, 2020
eddyline:
u
please what does multiswitch entail?

A multiswitch is a device used With DUAL/QUATTRO LNB, to distribute satellite TV signal to multiple decoders/receivers. It can rang from multiple decoders and even more decoders can be connected to it .

It is a system configuration that is used to supply satellite/ TV / radio signal, through one single cable, in order to limit installation cost.

Multiswitch is commonly installed in blocks of flats/ commercial buildings/ hotels. To allow every resident to receive satellite signal without each resident having to install a separate dish to receive satellite signal in the same compound/ location.

From a layman's definition ( through the help of a multiswitch, that is how an installer can connect signal to as many as 8 Dstv decoders/receivers (but not limited) in a hotel. Without having to install 8 dishes to get the signal needed to service the 8 or more decoders in that system configuration.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Debroslink: 8:11am On Sep 26, 2020
Digitman, thanks for making this thread lively in recent days. Most of your comments are spot on.

3 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Aizenosa(m): 8:25am On Sep 26, 2020
Digitman:

Good morning. It's located at Mytv current position (Belintersat 1 at 51.5°E)

So using Dstv or joy TV or nigcomsat position as your reference point. Just shift your dish a few inches to the left and slide your dish a little downwards. The signal will pop up.

Tracking frequency

11050 H 30000 Mytv
11130 H 30000 TSTV

Please do you have pictures combining nigcomsat and Belintersat.
Happy hunting
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 8:34am On Sep 26, 2020
Debroslink:
Digitman, thanks for making this thread lively in recent days. Most of your comments are spot on.

Thanks.. I am humbled... No one knows it all, so make I dey contribute my little little Knowledge gathered over the years. From great minds who started this thread so many years back and kept it alive.

It will always be an unending circle of interaction to keep the thread alive. So that, the old and the new can still have a platform to bump into each other. Each time they pass through ( sharing ideas/ information/updates, of the past, present and future). Despite our everyday commitments outside this forum.

5 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 9:32am On Sep 26, 2020
[quote author=Aizenosa post=94319204][/quote]

Here is a picture of a crude method I just did right now with a binding wire for you to have an idea. So you can modify with whatever tools you have handy, to package the installation to your taste. Good luck

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Aizenosa(m): 9:58am On Sep 26, 2020
Digitman:

Here is a picture of a crude method I just did right now with a binding wire for you to have an idea. So you can modify with whatever tools you have handy, to package the installation to your taste. Good luck

Thank you a plenty.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by waleayeni1: 10:31am On Sep 26, 2020
Digitman:

Study the image carefully and you will notice how easy it can be for you. Just track the nigcosat first (42.5 degree) tight your dish. Move to your joy TV frequency, connect your wire to your extra lnb . Then standing in front of your dish, place the lnb at the right side of the L shape bar holding the lnb. Then slide down slowly and you will notice the signal coming up.

As regards to tracking joy TV and 26e together, it's possible but you're currently having an issue getting the mbc Tp to pop on 26 degree. That's why I gave you another solution to still achieve your goal in one dish setup.

Thanks bro. Your selfless service is a beacon in this forum. Keep winning

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:32am On Sep 26, 2020
emmaniche:
H265 is a new algo. for video compression.
h.265 codec is now old..h.265 decoders will be obsolete soon!! h.266/VVC soon!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by waleayeni1: 10:40am On Sep 26, 2020
Digitman:

The attached image shows a setup I did to use along with my Dstv decoder and my free to air decoder in one dish. Mind you 16degree east can still fit into the same dish just a little Way below. But I removed it because I don't need it.
I need your experience bro. There aren't many watchable channels on astra 28.2 e; majorly Ghanaian stations. Can you please help with a sattelite I can track that has cartons movies and documentaries with 90cm dish? I just wanna know. My option
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eddyline(m): 11:41am On Sep 26, 2020
Digitman:

A multiswitch is a device used With DUAL/QUATTRO LNB, to distribute satellite TV signal to multiple decoders/receivers. It can rang from multiple decoders and even more decoders can be connected to it .

It is a system configuration that is used to supply satellite/ TV / radio signal, through one single cable, in order to limit installation cost.

Multiswitch is commonly installed in blocks of flats/ commercial buildings/ hotels. To allow every resident to receive satellite signal without each resident having to install a separate dish to receive satellite signal in the same compound/ location.

From a layman's definition ( through the help of a multiswitch, that is how an installer can connect signal to as many as 8 Dstv decoders/receivers (but not limited) in a hotel. Without having to install 8 dishes to get the signal needed to service the 8 or more decoders in that system configuration.
thanks sir for your elaborate explanation. care to share a picture of what it looks like? sorry for the bother
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 12:02pm On Sep 26, 2020
eddyline:

thanks sir for your elaborate explanation. care to share a picture of what it looks like? sorry for the bother

Should look something like this.
Disclaimer: Images aren't mine!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2020
waleayeni1:

I need your experience bro. There aren't many watchable channels on astra 28.2 e; majorly Ghanaian stations. Can you please help with a sattelite I can track that has cartons movies and documentaries with 90cm dish? I just wanna know. My option

If you can lay your hands on a bigger dish; you might be lucky to get those channels on either a C-Band or Ku-Band
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2020
eddyline:

You don't really need a multiswitch if you're not running a hotel or guest house. For individuals, except you're living
in a block of flats where you want each flat to have access to all channels in a particular satellite, what you really
need is a dual, quad or octa output lnb. Even for a 5 bedroom duplex an octa (8 ) output lnb would suffice.
The extra cost of changing a single lnb to a dual or quad and running extra wiring is way lesser compared to what
you would spend in purchasing a multiswitch with its attendant wiring complexities.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Monlo(m): 2:52pm On Sep 26, 2020
Everton Vs Crystal Palace on FTA channels @3pm Nigerian time
Courtesy:CRTV Sports Cameroun,RTS1 Senegal both on Eutelsat 16e...
Viva FTA....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cheny(m): 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2020
@Odilibe & George D1,glad u both and other frontrunners of this FTA forum are still following eventhough Una just hide dey peep and comment once in a while when necessary.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Aizenosa(m): 4:15pm On Sep 26, 2020
This TSTV sat I am not getting any channels despite getting green on the frequencies. Decoder Srt 4950H.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 7:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
giggspro:
pls great people, i want to ask if csat 8pro+ can multi scream and how much is the price.
and it is a FTA decoder.
I'm a newbie pls
It is multi stream, HEVC, ac/dc power, 1 year tshare account for diama sports on 39e, contact me on 07033543115 for price.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Leon2dgh: 7:58pm On Sep 26, 2020
Aizenosa:
This TSTV sat I am not getting any channels despite getting green on the frequencies. Decoder Srt 4950H.
Use H265 enable decoder
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 9:30pm On Sep 26, 2020
waleayeni1:

You can try ABS 3A at 3.0°W There are channels currently there to meet your needs, besides the documentaries.

There is a carton station there,
Foreign movie station
Africa movie station
Also a music channel.

Tracking Transponder

10972 V 30000
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ogbeh44(m): 9:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
Digitman:

That's why I asked him to elaborate, because it sounded out of place. But I still wanted to give him the benefit of doubt to explain more, so I don't jump into conclusions
Sorry for the late reply. This is the setup I used for one of my clients for the past two years now and it is still working fine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by baggiosne: 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2020
Digitman:

You can try ABS 3A at 3.0°W There are channels currently there to meet your needs, besides the documentaries.

There is a carton station there,
Foreign movie station
Africa movie station
Also a music channel.

Tracking frequency

10972 V 30000
what is minimum dish size for this bird?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 10:46pm On Sep 26, 2020
baggiosne:
what is minimum dish size for this bird?

I have not really been opportune to try it with a dish lesser than 90cm. Because I don't have such laying around. But if the dish you have is less than 90cm , then you can just give it a try and update the house. No pain... No gain.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 10:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
ogbeh44:
Sorry for the late reply. This is the setup I used for one of my clients for the past two years now and it is still working fine.

That's interesting to know. Two good years with no complications. Wow!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 1kinggy(m): 10:58pm On Sep 26, 2020
ogbeh44:

Can one use a Female F-connector t-adapter here?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by baggiosne: 11:10pm On Sep 26, 2020
Digitman:

I have not really been opportune to try it with a dish lesser than 90cm. Because I don't have such laying around. But if the dish you have is less than 90cm , then you can just give it a try and update the house. No pain... No gain.
thanks for timely reply

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 12:09am On Sep 27, 2020
1kinggy:

Can one use a Female F-connector t-adapter here?

Definitely you can. But let me point out one downside to this configuration.

If decoder A is on and you decide to put on decoder B, and each are in two different satellite channels. Then the signal to decoder B will not come up.

But if decoder A and B channels are on the same satellite position . Both channels signal will be stable.

For example you are watching Joy TV @28.2 degree on decoder A , and someone else decides to watch MBC2 @42.5 degree east through decoder B. The signal will not come up because there is a conflict.

However, if the two decoders will not be on at the same time, it works or if both decoders will be on the same satellite channels, it will also work as well without any conflict.

So it boils down to how comfortable the person using feels about it or ready to make that compromise.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arbourboateng: 6:35am On Sep 27, 2020
Cheny:
@Odilibe & George D1,glad u both and other frontrunners of this FTA forum are still following eventhough Una just hide dey peep and comment once in a while when necessary.
Glad to see they are monitoring the forum...fta forever

3 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 6:55am On Sep 27, 2020
Digitman:

If decoder A is on and you decide to put on decoder B, and each are in two different satellite channels. Then the signal to decoder B will not come up.

But if decoder A and B channels are on the same satellite position . Both channels signal will be stable.

For example you are watching Joy TV @28.2 degree on decoder A , and someone else decides to watch MBC2 @42.5 degree east through decoder B. The signal will not come up because there is a conflict.

However, if the two decoders will not be on at the same time, it works or if both decoders will be on the same satellite channels, it will also work as well without any conflict.

So it boils down to how comfortable the person using feels about it or ready to make that compromise.
Both must also be on the same polarity.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ogbeh44(m): 7:32am On Sep 27, 2020
Digitman:

I don't think so, because if such problems arises. He would have complained to me.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:20am On Sep 27, 2020
ogbeh44:

Bro, there will definitely be polarity conflict with this set up (like Digitman already mentioned above) except
somehow your client's choice of stations have been wonderfully so aligned that vertical and horizontal TP
channels come up simultaneously whenever both decoders happen to be powered on same time.
For this kind of set up, the usual convention is to use separate diseqc switches with dual LNBs for both
decoders. That way, you avoid all the hassles of V and H conflict.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2112) (2113) (2114) (2115) (2116) (2117) (2118) ... (2350) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.